Is Freddy looking at a Nerf?

As an OG Freddy main, it took me Abit to finally give new Freddy a chance. After finally doing so however...I'm noticing some crazy high results. As much as I'd love to think I'm just a Freddy god or something and this is the perfect fit for me... I'm skeptical. Is anyone else noticing unnormally higher results than what your use to playing as Freddy than as other killers? Should I expect a Nerf bat to come swinging soon?

Comments

  • @LordGlint said:

    As an OG Freddy main, it took me Abit to finally give new Freddy a chance. After finally doing so however...I'm noticing some crazy high results. As much as I'd love to think I'm just a Freddy god or something and this is the perfect fit for me... I'm skeptical. Is anyone else noticing unnormally higher results than what your use to playing as Freddy than as other killers? Should I expect a Nerf bat to come swinging soon?

    No , hes fine..other killers like wraith, trapper, and bubba are just lacking

  • I heard there may be a snare nerf.

  • I'm praying to god no, since I've yet to equip him with good perks, and I didn't see anyone talking about him, so I think he's safe

  • No need to nerf Freddy. Just wish they would make the pallets base kit and the traps an addon. Pallets are fun. I even like them when I play survivor. Nice surprise sometimes.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    No need to nerf Freddy. Just wish they would make the pallets base kit and the traps an addon. Pallets are fun. I even like them when I play survivor. Nice surprise sometimes.

    I hope they never do this, snares are much more fun and are actually better imo.

  • @LordGlint said:

    As an OG Freddy main, it took me Abit to finally give new Freddy a chance. After finally doing so however...I'm noticing some crazy high results. As much as I'd love to think I'm just a Freddy god or something and this is the perfect fit for me... I'm skeptical. Is anyone else noticing unnormally higher results than what your use to playing as Freddy than as other killers? Should I expect a Nerf bat to come swinging soon?

    Yea got to rank 1 twice now, Old freddy was good but this freddy can just hit harder and gens take forever with the right synergy builds, Really am liking him a whole bunch. Been playing trapper a lot lately to high rank and I've just been doing so much better. High ranks ain't so bad. Hope he isn't nerfed but I think they would've done that by now. Also fake Pallets kinda suck imo

  • I think Freddy is just in the sweet spot I'd want a killer to be in. He's strong, has pressure but has weaknesses. Ain't god tier but ain't Legion tier either.

  • I don't think anyone is really complaing about him. I really hope they don't nerf him, that's for sure. He seems to be in a perfect place balance wise.

  • There is no reason to nerf Freddy. He's in a pretty good place now, but no way is he overpowered.

  • Nah man it's just your inner Freddy main taking the wheel and kicking a""

    No nerf needed

    Edit: The word censor isn't working so I'll censor it myself before I get banned :/

  • I haven't had a team power the gens for like 10 games now. The last time it happened, was cuz I LET them, due to 3 BPS being used. I'm now at rank 2 and still getting alot of 32k double pip games.

  • @LordGlint said:

    I haven't had a team power the gens for like 10 games now. The last time it happened, was cuz I LET them, due to 3 BPS being used. I'm now at rank 2 and still getting alot of 32k double pip games.

    Snaps for you man. Just enjoy it. No need to be paranoid about a nerf.

  • Yeah, man. As others have said there haven't been any info about Freddy getting nerfed, AFAIK, it's Nurser's add-ons that are first on the list of things getting nerfed.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658773#Comment_658773

    Snaps for you man. Just enjoy it. No need to be paranoid about a nerf.

    I hope so, although I can see room for 1 small Nerf as well as a QOL buff.

  • Good Survivors have learned his Dream Pallets power well enough that it's borderline useless now. His Block addons are worthless anyways - so half of New Freddy's addons are suboptimal.

    His Dream Snares shorten loops, but don't mitigate them, much like the Clown's. Honestly, I think the reason he's doing so well is that Freddy is basically a Clown with some degree of map control. He hinders survivors in loops and makes them waste pallets like mad, but unlike the Clown, he can literally teleport across the map instantly. I'd say he's the ultimate M1 Chaser killer. They can't make one better than he is, and he shows the full extend of an M1 killer's power. That is to say, he's simply B+ / A tier. He'll never be more, and he'll almost always lose to a group of people who know what they're doing.

  • @savevatznick said:

    Good Survivors have learned his Dream Pallets power well enough that it's borderline useless now. His Block addons are worthless anyways - so half of New Freddy's addons are suboptimal.

    His Dream Snares shorten loops, but don't mitigate them, much like the Clown's. Honestly, I think the reason he's doing so well is that Freddy is basically a Clown with some degree of map control. He hinders survivors in loops and makes them waste pallets like mad, but unlike the Clown, he can literally teleport across the map instantly. I'd say he's the ultimate M1 Chaser killer. They can't make one better than he is, and he shows the full extend of an M1 killer's power. That is to say, he's simply B+ / A tier. He'll never be more, and he'll almost always lose to a group of people who know what they're doing.

    Wouldn't mind his block addons to get a change in effect. Right now there is no reason to take them over his other addons, which are so much better.

    Don't forget his terrific mind games he can pull of though with his generator teleport. It can be situational, but it's really powerful when it can be pulled of.

    I don't think he'll almost always lose against a group of peope that know what they are doing. He seems to be in a perfect spot balance wise.

  • No reason to nerf Freddy at all. He is far away from Nurse, Billy & Spirit and doesn't stand a chance against very good groups. He is nice against mediocre survivors, though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658862#Comment_658862

    I don’t mind the aura blindness ones. Sure they’re not amazing, but they can still be a nuisance for the survivors.

    I tried my best to give the haemorrhage ones a chance, using them in the devs suggested way of it helping with tracking to punish survivors intentionally setting off traps/pallets. Even Z block is so meh at helping find healthy survivors unless it’s paired with Bloodhound. The bleeding frequency needs to be upped to the same level as Sloppy Butcher if the devs insist on standing by this idea that haemorrhage is meant to be helpful to Freddy.

    I’d much prefer:

    Cat Block - reduces Dream Projection by 1 second.

    Z Block - reduces Dream Projection by 2 seconds.

    I tend to just stick to the rope, dress and swing chain add-ons. I'll use paint brush every now and then too. His base power is enough for me to not really care much about add-ons, so the ones I use just help slow things down Abit passively. While I agree that the pallets are overrated, what I do with those snares makes him VERY overbearing and even the best loops become a joke. Run me through the ironworks building, I dare ya.


    Btw, doesn't the drawing add-ons already have the effect you want to give the block add-ons, but more potent?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Freddy is not that strong if you play smart. He does not need any nerfs nor buffs. He currently is in a perfect spot and it is a shame other M1 killers are not as strong as Freddy.

    I keep hearing that, so... Im just gonna keep doin my thing and slaughtering every team I face like cattle, waiting for the "good" players that can counter me. I guess this just suits me or something and it's just my crazy skills shining through. My current winning streak using him just made me wanna check if anyone else is noticing similar numbers.

  • Removing Bloodlust after using a snare is the only thing I believe they've talked about fixing before.


    I believe they'll leave his ability alone for the most part to give higher ranks more killers to play with.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658986#Comment_658986

    I faced many Freddy players at higher ranks and if you're not asleep he is just regular M1 killer with no power. You can loop him into oblivion while others are doing gens. People just refuse to use clocks to wake up and play like brainless cattle. Also there are many boosted players at higher ranks. I myself really enjoy playing against new Freddy. I think good Hag is much stronger than Freddy will ever be.

    You play on PC? If so, I'll keep an eye out for ya, would be fun to face someone I DONT steamroll over without even slowing down.

  • @mistar_z said:

    Removing Bloodlust after using a snare is the only thing I believe they've talked about fixing before.

    I believe they'll leave his ability alone for the most part to give higher ranks more killers to play with.

    Was thinking the same about the bloodlust. Doc and Clown lose it when using their powers, but Freddy doesn't.

  • Freddy is in a good spot. If all Killer reworks end up at this level of Strength, it would be pretty decent.

    Regarding High Results: If you mean BP, I see a lot of Freddys getting 32k BP. Seems like he is really good at farming.

  • I love new Freddy, to play and to play against, i think he's fine.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Freddy is in a good spot. If all Killer reworks end up at this level of Strength, it would be pretty decent.

    Regarding High Results: If you mean BP, I see a lot of Freddys getting 32k BP. Seems like he is really good at farming.

    I'm getting alot of 32k, 4 iri emblem games. My kill rate is at like 90%, and only because I don't bother slugging for a 4k, unless I can start chasing the last guy right away.

  • I'm so pleased so many people think he is perfectly balanced. I'm so looking forward to not having to hear "BiLLy iS tHe MoSt BaLanCeD KiLLeR iN tHe GaMe" like its an indisputable fact.

    I'm cheering for you Freddy!

  • The only thing with freddy that needs a nerf is dream snares and it might actuelly hapen.

  • @Jonathanskilz said:

    The only thing with freddy that needs a nerf is dream snares and it might actuelly hapen.

    How would you Nerf them?

  • @Jonathanskilz - Why do you think dream snares need a nerf? they feel just right to me.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    @Jonathanskilz - Why do you think dream snares need a nerf? they feel just right to me.

    Those things were such a surprise to me. I assumed they'd suck when I first saw them.

  • The Pallets are fun, but against good Survivors, the Snares are better. Good Survivors will not fall for the Pallets.

    When new Freddy launched, I was also not sure if it is so good to have a brown Add-On for the Pallets, because they seemed quite strong. After some while, I got used to them and they dont make that many problems anymore. It is maximum 1 Hit because of a Fake Pallet, after that, you will know that he is using Fake Pallets (if you did not notice it before, because there are more Pallets than there should be).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    The Pallets are fun, but against good Survivors, the Snares are better. Good Survivors will not fall for the Pallets.

    When new Freddy launched, I was also not sure if it is so good to have a brown Add-On for the Pallets, because they seemed quite strong. After some while, I got used to them and they dont make that many problems anymore. It is maximum 1 Hit because of a Fake Pallet, after that, you will know that he is using Fake Pallets (if you did not notice it before, because there are more Pallets than there should be).

    I figured the hint of fake pallets would be that he's not spamming out snares, lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658986#Comment_658986

    I do play on PC and I have the same nickname as on the forum. I hope we meet in the game. I play in EU region, because I'm from Poland. As for the nerfs to Freddy - we do not even know what is his killrate after the rework, because the devs haven't released any stats yet. I think he is in a very good spot and other killers should be reworked to match his level. I played many times against him and I also played as him - all I can say good teams will still stomp him.

    I mostly came on here to see if other ppls experience and kill rates matched mine. I'm curious what his stats are.

  • @Thaznar - If his success rate is lower than that of Nurse, Spirit or tHe MoSt BaLanCeD KiLLeR iN tHe GaMe then they absolutely must not nerf him. We've got three killers at the top, we need four.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    @Jonathanskilz - Why do you think dream snares need a nerf? they feel just right to me.

    Make it so freddy cant put them sooooo close to echoter because they can kill the loop extremly fast. Give it a 6 seconds cooldown because all you need to do is spam it and you get a free hit in a loop asuming surviver dont leave it.

    Pallets are fine they only work if surviver drop the pallet good survivers dont drop pallets. only good for endgame with you dont really want it to be.

  • No, he doesn't need any nerfs, a group of survivors that can deal with Dream Snares/Dream Pallets can beat him easily.

    People say about how godlike Dream Snares are, but against good survivors, even them aren't much better than Dream Pallets, 15% slow down isn't that much and survivors can still make it to the pallet with the optimal route.

    Remember, Scott Jund got a 32 winstreak with Speed Limiter Cannibal, but you don't see any people arguing that Speed Limiter Cannibal needs a nerf because of that 😆.

  • My big thing is I wish they'd let me see the aura of my dream projection clone, so I would know which direction I'll be facing when I teleport. It's very jarring.

  • Fredy needs a nerf to install traps, he should stop to installing them fast, it's absurd when set traps while chasing at high speed, he always force u to run to another place.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    the only thing i can imagine getting nerfed is the rarity of the dream pallets. and probably a deletion to the white/brown (a.k.a. common) fake pallets add-on.

    anything else would be stupid

    Why? The dream pallets are weaker than snares.

  • I think Freddys in a good spot, not op and not weak like before. Hes more fun to play and go against imo. Devs done a good job on him.


  • @LordGlint said:

    As an OG Freddy main, it took me Abit to finally give new Freddy a chance. After finally doing so however...I'm noticing some crazy high results. As much as I'd love to think I'm just a Freddy god or something and this is the perfect fit for me... I'm skeptical. Is anyone else noticing unnormally higher results than what your use to playing as Freddy than as other killers? Should I expect a Nerf bat to come swinging soon?

    Survivor Main here.

    Freddy used to be a terror for Random survivors. My win ratio against Freddy is something like 5%.

    Ever since new Freddy, my win ratio has shot up to around 70%. New Freddy is a pushover to be honest. Without his omniscient dreamworld ability, juking and stealthing him is so easy he can't keep up. He's just an M1 killer now with no special detection capabilities.

    I'm sure it's different at Rank 1 but from where I'm sitting? I couldn't be happier.

    I doubt he'll be nerfed any time soon.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84120/is-freddy-looking-at-a-nerf

    Survivor Main here.

    Freddy used to be a terror for Random survivors. My win ratio against Freddy is something like 5%.

    Ever since new Freddy, my win ratio has shot up to around 70%. New Freddy is a pushover to be honest. Without his omniscient dreamworld ability, juking and stealthing him is so easy he can't keep up. He's just an M1 killer now with no special detection capabilities.

    I'm sure it's different at Rank 1 but from where I'm sitting? I couldn't be happier.

    I doubt he'll be nerfed any time soon.

    Thats good to hear from a survivor main. Like I said earlier, im sitting at like a 90% kill rate at rank 2 so I was feeling like something mustve been up. I'll just believe that its my crazy playstyle pulling through i guess, lol.

  • @Marcus said:

    No, he doesn't need any nerfs, a group of survivors that can deal with Dream Snares/Dream Pallets can beat him easily.

    People say about how godlike Dream Snares are, but against good survivors, even them aren't much better than Dream Pallets, 15% slow down isn't that much and survivors can still make it to the pallet with the optimal route.

    Remember, Scott Jund got a 32 winstreak with Speed Limiter Cannibal, but you don't see any people arguing that Speed Limiter Cannibal needs a nerf because of that 😆.

    I don't understand this godlike dream snare thing.

    I have never even been hit by a Dream Snare, I've only purposefully waded into them just because I felt like wasting them when Freddy is busy elsewhere. They are so visible it's impossible to get trapped by them unless you have no choice and Freddy somehow cornered you into it.

    Most of the Freddies I'm going up against probably suck at snare placement, but I've fought trappers at my level who were far better at it.

    The brightness of the dreamworld plus the bright red stain on the ground make it impossible to get hit by it.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659112#Comment_659112

    I don't understand this godlike dream snare thing.

    I have never even been hit by a Dream Snare, I've only purposefully waded into them just because I felt like wasting them when Freddy is busy elsewhere. They are so visible it's impossible to get trapped by them unless you have no choice and Freddy somehow cornered you into it.

    Most of the Freddies I'm going up against probably suck at snare placement, but I've fought trappers at my level who were far better at it.

    The brightness of the dreamworld plus the bright red stain on the ground make it impossible to get hit by it.

    I never saw them as something anyones going to ACCIDENTALLY trigger. The person KNOWS its there, but depending on where its placed...If its done at loops, they either take the loop wide and lose ground or walk through the snare...and lose ground. For many areas, it can be made literally impossible to walk through without going through the traps. Just think of some of the narrow areas in maps like The Game for example, or the garage in the autohaven gas station.

    For that particular pallet loop, if I fill the path out of the room with snares before breaking the pallet... The survivor will be forced to walk through it all in an attempt to get out, and be slowed too much to avoid a hit.

  • Yeah like I said, the Freddy's I am going up against in the Green and Purple ranks have no idea what they're doing.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659213#Comment_659213

    Thats good to hear from a survivor main. Like I said earlier, im sitting at like a 90% kill rate at rank 2 so I was feeling like something mustve been up. I'll just believe that its my crazy playstyle pulling through i guess, lol.

    I think the new Freddy is just more viable at high ranks, while simultaneously becoming a lot weaker at low ranks. For the record I'm a green rank player mostly (Green is the highest rank you can probably reliably get to using stealth builds and gameplay, and I do nothing but stealth - once you hit purple you have to start looping since the killers at this rank tend to be too savvy to fall for stealth and juking tricks).

    That's a win for me, and exactly the rework he needed. He used to be useless at high ranks and an instalose at low ranks.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659215#Comment_659215

    I think the new Freddy is just more viable at high ranks, while simultaneously becoming a lot weaker at low ranks. For the record I'm a green rank player mostly (Green is the highest rank you can probably reliably get to using stealth builds and gameplay, and I do nothing but stealth - once you hit purple you have to start looping since the killers at this rank tend to be too savvy to fall for stealth and juking tricks).

    That's a win for me, and exactly the rework he needed. He used to be useless at high ranks and an instalose at low ranks.

    Its funny watching someone try to stealth me while they're glowing blue due to being asleep, lol. Often times ill down someone, look over and see their teammate being sneaky. They have no idea why im placing snares in the area all around them...

‹ 1 2