No offense..but all you spirit haters? Learn..to..play..

I'm so sick of hearing people get flamed over the spirit..all of you people acting as mouth pieces for streamers nobody knows? Shove off and leave people alone..you want to fight spirit ?? Ooo, spine chill,.premonition, iron will, flashlights..there...your welcome..killers being forced to run ruin is ok but it's to much to ask you to give up 1 perks slot for perks and items good for every killer in game? I so tire of all these entitled brats ruining everyone's experiance...guess what? You..have..0 excuses

Comments

  • These perks don’t 100% counter her though, Iron Will doesn’t stop a Spirit from hearing footsteps. Dcs and harassment aren’t needed but spirit has very limited counterplay and perks aren’t that counter.

  • @GrootDude said:

    These perks don’t 100% counter her though, Iron Will doesn’t stop a Spirit from hearing footsteps. Dcs and harassment aren’t needed but spirit has very limited counterplay and perks aren’t that counter.

    No killer should ever have a 100 percent counter, so as I see it they have the tools..not even situational ones...so they have no room to gripe

  • Sure, I'll learn to guess better!! Because RNG is something that takes skill, totally.

  • @aazimuth said:

    Sure, I'll learn to guess better!! Because RNG is something that takes skill, totally.

    It's not rng..its a person not a computer on the other end of the character..learn to make reads like killers do..they have to read you too you know?

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652862#Comment_652862

    No killer should ever have a 100 percent counter, so as I see it they have the tools..not even situational ones...so they have no room to gripe

    Then it isn’t truly a ‘counter’ those perks only mitigate the damage she can deal, however, they primarily work against less skilled spirit players. I do think spirit is fine though.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652867#Comment_652867

    Then it isn’t truly a ‘counter’ those perks only mitigate the damage she can deal, however, they primarily work against less skilled spirit players. I do think spirit is fine though.

    Like I said..no killer should have a 100 percent counter otherwise the killer cant play the game..but she has counter tools all the same..which is more than I can say for most survivor tools..

  • why in na potato can think others all potatos? or eu?

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652884#Comment_652884

    Like I said..no killer should have a 100 percent counter otherwise the killer cant play the game..but she has counter tools all the same..which is more than I can say for most survivor tools..

    What survivor tools are you struggling with?

  • @prettyf said:

    why in na potato can think others all potatos? or eu?

    Pardon?

  • Typical ones, sprint burst, unbalanced landing , lithe , dance with me etc..the typical stuff you cant counter as killer..its just how it is though...

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652862#Comment_652862

    No killer should ever have a 100 percent counter, so as I see it they have the tools..not even situational ones...so they have no room to gripe

    I mean... how do you explain Trapper and Clown especially? The hardest counter to them is not running into their traps/gas areas. They're very loopable otherwise.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652892#Comment_652892

    Typical ones, sprint burst, unbalanced landing , lithe , dance with me etc..the typical stuff you cant counter as killer..its just how it is though...

    A tip for DWM is that survivors usually run to an LOS blocker, you just gotta predict where they’ll go, lithe is just some distance, not really op. Balanced landing can be op on certain maps and as for sprint burst a lot of survivors walk all game to save it.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652897#Comment_652897

    A tip for DWM is that survivors usually run to an LOS blocker, you just gotta predict where they’ll go, lithe is just some distance, not really op. Balanced landing can be op on certain maps and as for sprint burst a lot of survivors walk all game to save it.

    True..but it's still a garunteed head start..just annoying really

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652877#Comment_652877

    It's not rng..its a person not a computer on the other end of the character..learn to make reads like killers do..they have to read you too you know?

    So why don't you try to play survivors a bit. I'm sure you will easily counter a prayer beads spirit and omega blink nurse.

    Spirit is the killer i hate the most why? because good/god spirit have literally no counter, even nurse has more counterplay. Spirit have a low skill cap compared to nurse and that make a huge difference.

  • @xllxENIGMAxllx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652879#Comment_652879

    So why don't you try to play survivors a bit. I'm sure you will easily counter a prayer beads spirit and omega blink nurse.

    Spirit is the killer i hate the most why? because good/god spirit have literally no counter, even nurse has more counterplay. Spirit have a low skill cap compared to nurse and that make a huge difference.

    I play survivor quite a lot..and I'm rank 3 rn...higher than my killer rank because I'm learning nurse..so this does not phase me at all...and with spine chill prayer beads does nothing ;)

  • Spirit and nurse have manageable counters. In looping, the survivor has initiative, but with spirit or Nurse, the killer has initiative, and the survivor needs to be able to naviagate within the rules of the killer. That's why they're so threatening.

    Instead of a survivor initiating a "loop" game with the killer, the killer initiates a "blink" or "phase" game with the survivor, where the survivor needs to read and react to killer actions, instead of the other way around. There is definite, clear counterplay to both nurse and spirit, it's just that it is so radically different from the traditional loop gameplay that survivors have a hard time learning it.

    I highly recommend putting in hours in on spirit and Nurse at higher ranks before complaining. Knowing what a nurse or spirit is looking for from the killers' perspective will genuinely help you play AGAINST them as survivor. You can juke nurse and spirit all day once you learn what the Nurse or Spirit player is looking for.

    That's why they're only "viable". I do think Omegablink / multiblink breaks Nurse, and Prayer Beads is a bit unfair, but at base, these killers are the only ones who can dictate the pace of the game, as opposed to other killers being at survivors' mercy. Learn to play against them.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652937#Comment_652937

    I play survivor quite a lot..and I'm rank 3 rn...higher than my killer rank because I'm learning nurse..so this does not phase me at all...and with spine chill prayer beads does nothing ;)

    Perks is not counter play... try playing without it then you'll see that there is no counter play. Killers shouldn't be add-ons reliant to counter survivors and same goes for survivors with perks.

    @savevatznick said:

    Spirit and nurse have manageable counters. In looping, the survivor has initiative, but with spirit or Nurse, the killer has initiative, and the survivor needs to be able to naviagate within the rules of the killer. That's why they're so threatening.

    Instead of a survivor initiating a "loop" game with the killer, the killer initiates a "blink" or "phase" game with the survivor, where the survivor needs to read and react to killer actions, instead of the other way around. There is definite, clear counterplay to both nurse and spirit, it's just that it is so radically different from the traditional loop gameplay that survivors have a hard time learning it.

    I highly recommend putting in hours in on spirit and Nurse at higher ranks before complaining. Knowing what a nurse or spirit is looking for from the killers' perspective will genuinely help you play AGAINST them as survivor. You can juke nurse and spirit all day once you learn what the Nurse or Spirit player is looking for.

    That's why they're only "viable". I do think Omegablink / multiblink breaks Nurse, and Prayer Beads is a bit unfair, but at base, these killers are the only ones who can dictate the pace of the game, as opposed to other killers being at survivors' mercy. Learn to play against them.

    Yes i agree on many points but not for phasing. I mean nurse have to read survivors while spirit not if she's phasing and have collision with the survivor because, he try to juke her it's a free hit which reduce counterplay. Nurse don't have free hit like spirit does but both are deadly for sure.

    I like the unique gameplay spirit have but hate how is power is played against. I mean who thought that a killer that don't move (fake phasing) get easy hit/down because the survivor don't know if she phasing or not.

  • Preach!

    For my kind!

  • @xllxENIGMAxllx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652941#Comment_652941

    Perks is not counter play... try playing without it then you'll see that there is no counter play. Killers shouldn't be add-ons reliant to counter survivors and same goes for survivors with perks.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652947#Comment_652947

    Yes i agree on many points but not for phasing. I mean nurse have to read survivors while spirit not if she's phasing and have collision with the survivor because, he try to juke her it's a free hit which reduce counterplay. Nurse don't have free hit like spirit does but both are deadly for sure.

    I like the unique gameplay spirit have but hate how is power is played against. I mean who thought that a killer that don't move (fake phasing) get easy hit/down because the survivor don't know if she phasing or not.

    Hence why I say spine chill..its really good vs spirit..especially on her fakes..plus. fakes do nothing if you dont go toward her...

  • @Awakey said:

    Preach!

    For my kind!

    It needed to be said

  • I agree Spirit doesn't need nerfs but since you decided to bring up perks... I guess it's okay if we revert MoM because you can bring a perk like STBFL to counter it right?

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    I agree Spirit doesn't need nerfs but since you decided to bring up perks... I guess it's okay if we revert MoM because you can bring a perk like STBFL to counter it right?

    Stbfl does nothing to it

  • Well you can run insta-down perks to defeat MoM! or certain killers easy counter let's revert MoM since you think perks are considered counterplay. If you're gonna make a thread telling people to stop hating Spirit at least give those people actual help countering her instead of saying "just run this perk lul entitled survivor".

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    I agree Spirit doesn't need nerfs but since you decided to bring up perks... I guess it's okay if we revert MoM because you can bring a perk like STBFL to counter it right?

    That is a terrible arguement cause you still get the sprint burst from the MoM activation and it required 0 effort to activate I don't know what you're on about here.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653020#Comment_653020

    That is a terrible arguement cause you still get the sprint burst from the MoM activation and it required 0 effort to activate I don't know what you're on about here.

    You missed the point your right it's a terrible argument. So is saying that a perk is counterplay. While I agree that Spirit is fine nobody should be listing perks as a way to counter something. If that was the case I'd say just run insta-down killers to counter MOM there we go MOM is balanced everyone because you can counter old MOM with certain killers.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653066#Comment_653066

    You missed the point your right it's a terrible argument. So is saying that a perk is counterplay. While I agree that Spirit is fine nobody should be listing perks as a way to counter something. If that was the case I'd say just run insta-down killers to counter MOM there we go MOM is balanced everyone because you can counter old MOM with certain killers.

    What do you think about killers running gen slow down perks to stop them going so fast then? Like it or not perks are the answer to certain issues.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653075#Comment_653075

    What do you think about killers running gen slow down perks to stop them going so fast then? Like it or not perks are the answer to certain issues.

    They aren't required. That's just something that the majority of people believe you would be better off using one of those perk slots for something actually useful. Ruin doesn't do anything to slow the game down at all trust me. Plus most matches are fun fact meant to get to the end game. As the definition of a completely balanced match would be 2 kills and 2 escapes which is what the game is balanced around. Do you get those few matches with excessive gen speed? Yea you do and that is not because of survivors just being OP it is because of toolboxes,perks and most likely SWF coordination that allows them to do everything faster.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653075#Comment_653075

    What do you think about killers running gen slow down perks to stop them going so fast then? Like it or not perks are the answer to certain issues.

    You say this like gen perks are entirely needed.

  • What is there to learn since it's all just guessing against her?

    Not interested changing my build to something immersed Blendette's would run just because of one Killer.

    Even Nurse is more fun to go against ngl.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653066#Comment_653066

    You missed the point your right it's a terrible argument. So is saying that a perk is counterplay. While I agree that Spirit is fine nobody should be listing perks as a way to counter something. If that was the case I'd say just run insta-down killers to counter MOM there we go MOM is balanced everyone because you can counter old MOM with certain killers.

    I honestly didn’t mind old MoM, it hardly affected my bubba. Even as Wraith it didn’t bother me too much.

  • They are needed if you don't like to slug and tunnel people cause i know thats boring as survivor.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653091#Comment_653091

    They are needed if you don't like to slug and tunnel people cause i know thats boring as survivor.

    This belief that you need a perk that literally barely does nothing in reality makes me think you probably aren't that skilled of a killer. Feel free to prove me wrong I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652867#Comment_652867

    I mean... how do you explain Trapper and Clown especially? The hardest counter to them is not running into their traps/gas areas. They're very loopable otherwise.

    I meant perk and item wise..not falling for a trap is different from protection from said trap

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653080#Comment_653080

    They aren't required. That's just something that the majority of people believe you would be better off using one of those perk slots for something actually useful. Ruin doesn't do anything to slow the game down at all trust me. Plus most matches are fun fact meant to get to the end game. As the definition of a completely balanced match would be 2 kills and 2 escapes which is what the game is balanced around. Do you get those few matches with excessive gen speed? Yea you do and that is not because of survivors just being OP it is because of toolboxes,perks and most likely SWF coordination that allows them to do everything faster.

    No one is saying survivors are op, SWF are excessive yes if they are all good. I don't care if the devs say the game is balanced for 2 die 2 escape there game at red ranks depips killers if that happens or black pips i've seen it happen they should look at the emblem system for killer.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653091#Comment_653091

    They are needed if you don't like to slug and tunnel people cause i know thats boring as survivor.

    Ruin and PGTW aren’t that fun to face either, we are talking about balance, not fun since that is entirely subjective. You don’t need these perks to get a 2k which is a balanced match imo.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653080#Comment_653080

    They aren't required. That's just something that the majority of people believe you would be better off using one of those perk slots for something actually useful. Ruin doesn't do anything to slow the game down at all trust me. Plus most matches are fun fact meant to get to the end game. As the definition of a completely balanced match would be 2 kills and 2 escapes which is what the game is balanced around. Do you get those few matches with excessive gen speed? Yea you do and that is not because of survivors just being OP it is because of toolboxes,perks and most likely SWF coordination that allows them to do everything faster.

    Which is a clear cut balance issue..

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653056#Comment_653056

    Well you can run insta-down perks to defeat MoM! or certain killers easy counter let's revert MoM since you think perks are considered counterplay. If you're gonna make a thread telling people to stop hating Spirit at least give those people actual help countering her instead of saying "just run this perk lul entitled survivor".

    I said in multiple posts how to deal with her..the things I listed just make it easier

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653096#Comment_653096

    Ruin and PGTW aren’t that fun to face either, we are talking about balance, not fun since that is entirely subjective. You don’t need these perks to get a 2k which is a balanced match imo.

    like I stated above 2 kills is a black pip or depip at red ranks cause the emblem system doesn't follow there balance expectation.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653085#Comment_653085

    No one is saying survivors are op, SWF are excessive yes if they are all good. I don't care if the devs say the game is balanced for 2 die 2 escape there game at red ranks depips killers if that happens or black pips i've seen it happen they should look at the emblem system for killer.

    Pipping isn't classified as a win. Plus the Emblem system is a broken system and basing wins off that is laughable.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653102#Comment_653102

    Pipping isn't classified as a win. Plus the Emblem system is a broken system and basing wins off that is laughable.

    Then winning is just a matter of opinion then and it doesn't matter. The scoring system is in the game and it is broken and should be fixed to reflect there balance then. Pipping means i can go against better players which is a win in my book

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653103#Comment_653103

    like I stated above 2 kills is a black pip or depip at red ranks cause the emblem system doesn't follow there balance expectation.

    I rarely de pip over a 2k in red ranks, technically a safety would mean that your match played out ok, maybe resulting in a tie, I still do manage to pip with a 2k though.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653109#Comment_653109

    Then winning is just a matter of opinion then and it doesn't matter. The scoring system is in the game and it is broken and should be fixed to reflect there balance then.

    The scoring system should be ignored. It is a simple match making tool so you don't get put with the rank 20s or vice versa. It makes more sense to base it off the 2 kills 2 escapes because those are the objectives of the game. Your objective is not to pip as you do not get any rewards for doing so. What do you get rewards for though? That's right killing survivors and escaping.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653107#Comment_653107

    I rarely de pip over a 2k in red ranks, technically a safety would mean that your match played out ok, maybe resulting in a tie, I still do manage to pip with a 2k though.

    I usually black pip and am so close to a pip but don't meet it cause being more than half from a pip is still not a pip which is another issue i have with it but whatever i deal with it.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653114#Comment_653114

    I usually black pip and am so close to a pip but don't meet it cause being more than half from a pip is still not a pip which is another issue i have with it but whatever i deal with it.

    It could possibly be your killers power hurts their chaser, but I play LF and can still pip, I do like spreading damage though, and slugging.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653113#Comment_653113

    The scoring system should be ignored. It is a simple match making tool so you don't get put with the rank 20s or vice versa. It makes more sense to base it off the 2 kills 2 escapes because those are the objectives of the game. Your objective is not to pip as you do not get any rewards for doing so. What do you get rewards for though? That's right killing survivors and escaping.

    i pip so i don't get the easy games against lower ranks 15-8, if i didn't care about it i'd just depip and bully them then it's not about reward as much as it is enjoyment.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653118#Comment_653118

    i pip so i don't get the easy games against lower ranks 15-8, if i didn't care about it i'd just depip and bully them then it's not about reward as much as it is enjoyment.

    Which is my point. Pipping should be seen as a matchmaking tool so you don't have those games. While winning is something different because you get actual rewards for it as well as enjoyment. and also I guess a druggy dose of dopamine.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653122#Comment_653122

    It could possibly be your killers power hurts their chaser, but I play LF and can still pip, I do like spreading damage though, and slugging.

    I like to spread the damage as well and i play most killers but i rarely slug cause i just don't agree with it unless they get unhooked while i'm right there then i just leave them and hook the farmer.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653125#Comment_653125

    I like to spread the damage as well and i play most killers but i rarely slug cause i just don't agree with it unless they get unhooked while i'm right there then i just leave them and hook the farmer.

    That’s fair, slugging isn’t for everyone. I personally don’t mind it as survivor so I don’t mind doing it as killer.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653137#Comment_653137

    That’s fair, slugging isn’t for everyone. I personally don’t mind it as survivor so I don’t mind doing it as killer.

    I don't care being slugged as survivor either everyone can play how they like I just don't as killer myself, meh

‹ 1 2