No offense..but all you spirit haters? Learn..to..play..

I'm so sick of hearing people get flamed over the spirit..all of you people acting as mouth pieces for streamers nobody knows? Shove off and leave people alone..you want to fight spirit ?? Ooo, spine chill,.premonition, iron will, flashlights..there...your welcome..killers being forced to run ruin is ok but it's to much to ask you to give up 1 perks slot for perks and items good for every killer in game? I so tire of all these entitled brats ruining everyone's experiance...guess what? You..have..0 excuses

Comments

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653130#Comment_653130

    Which is my point. Pipping should be seen as a matchmaking tool so you don't have those games. While winning is something different because you get actual rewards for it as well as enjoyment. and also I guess a druggy dose of dopamine.

    The scoring system should reflect the effort you put in, as survivor it does alright but as killer it needs work is all i'm saying when you get to the higher ranks.

  • @TRB124 said:

    Playing against Spirit is just one big guessing game where she has the upper hand. Meaning if I get hit I can’t really learn from that mistake as it just means I guessed wrong...

    Also she’s not a very interactive killer to play against. Most chases are Phase>Hit>Phase>Hit. That’s incredibly boring for the survivor as again, I can’t really learn from getting hit as it’s just a guessing game.

    You can run perks to mitigate the damage she can do but they aren’t necessarily a counter. Any decent Spirit will have a headset to hear your footsteps.

    Do you think m1 killers running loops breaking pallets while survivors can freely look behind them is interactive?

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653148#Comment_653148

    Do you think m1 killers running loops breaking pallets while survivors can freely look behind them is interactive?

    You can actually mindgame most loops (I agree there are a few that are busted though) and make them unsafe for the survivor. Both sides need to pay attention to what the other side did so yes it is interactive

  • @shmoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653183#Comment_653183

    You can actually mindgame most loops (I agree there are a few that are busted though) and make them unsafe for the survivor. Both sides need to pay attention to what the other side did so yes it is interactive

    i think you over state how many loops can be mind gamed waist high loops you have to loop unless you are huntress, nurse, or spirit, jungle gyms and the pallets like on the game,good survivors aren't getting hit if you get hit at a jungle gym you really shouldn't be and there is nothing the killer can do but loop it and break the pallet and find someone else that isn't at a strong loop so they have a chance there is no interactivity survivors at those loops just react and move according to the way the killer moves.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653234#Comment_653234

    i think you over state how many loops can be mind gamed waist high loops you have to loop unless you are huntress, nurse, or spirit, jungle gyms and the pallets like on the game,good survivors aren't getting hit if you get hit at a jungle gym you really shouldn't be and there is nothing the killer can do but loop it and break the pallet and find someone else that isn't at a strong loop so they have a chance there is no interactivity survivors at those loops just react and move according to the way the killer moves.

    Try playing against people with 4000-7000 hours. I have. Plenty of times and because of that I can confirm MOST loops can be mindgamed, but they just require you to be more creative and unpredictable.

  • @shmoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653240#Comment_653240

    Try playing against people with 4000-7000 hours. I have. Plenty of times and because of that I can confirm MOST loops can be mindgamed, but they just require you to be more creative and unpredictable.

    yes be creative when they can see you on the other side of the loop, as i said the loops you can mind game aren't as frequent as they should be.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653245#Comment_653245

    yes be creative when they can see you on the other side of the loop, as i said the loops you can mind game aren't as frequent as they should be.

    Well let's see here. All jungle gyms can be mindgamed or the pallet can be forced to be dropped quickly. You can also force survivors to drop stray pallets around the junk. Some window loops on specific buildings are way too long and they cannot be mindgamed. What pallet loops cannot be mindgamed in your opinion then? @TKTK

  • Is she fun to play? Hell yeah. One of the few killers that you won’t get tired of playing.

    However, when you play against only Spirit, Nurse, Billy, and Iridescent Head Huntress at red ranks...it begins to get tiresome. Today I have gone against maybe 10 Spirit players. It was like a 50/50 escape to death ratio. Only due to the fact that one was memeing and let me escape and another one farmed when there was an AFK Meg.

    Not complaining, but she is just VERY boring to play against. She is not an interactive killer. She’s soooooo boring to face. I’ve played Spirit enough to do good against her and I usually run Iron Will. You can hear her footsteps while she is phasing and use that to your advantage. I’m just bored to death playing against her.

    I agree that she doesn’t need nerfs but on the survivor side of things, you won’t find many people happy to face a Spirit due to lack of counterplay, lack of interaction, and being very bored going against her.

    I like playing her but I try to only play her if I know I have a really good group of survivors.

  • @shmoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653250#Comment_653250

    Well let's see here. All jungle gyms can be mindgamed or the pallet can be forced to be dropped quickly. You can also force survivors to drop stray pallets around the junk. Some window loops on specific buildings are way too long and they cannot be mindgamed. What pallet loops cannot be mindgamed in your opinion then? @TKTK

    Forcing pallets isn't a mindgame, the loops at bloodlodge majority waist high, most loops on cold wind the long bins or whatever there called the farm house with the windows, the up to 4 loops around thompson's house, cow loop, the junkyard maps waist high loops and jungle gyms, iron works building and the waist high loops there, the jungle gyms have the windows that you can't mind game when they go for it, suffocation pit with the building window into 2 or 3 waist high loops around it, haddonfield and lery's get dumb window loops, the game has like 3 or 4 god pallets i remember 2 bad loops around a starway thats huge and you can see the killers every move, i can go on but I'm pretty sure it's just gonna end in we'll agree to disagree and move on, balance talk is draining cause everyone experiences the game differently so i'm gonna go to bed.

  • @TKTK You forgot just about every single pallet on The Game map that can’t be mindgamed. They are all safe.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    @TKTK You forgot just about every single pallet on The Game map that can’t be mindgamed. They are all safe.

    Silly me thank you for that addition wouldn't want to leave those out

  • nah, survivors would rather complain about a killer who is A tier at best in the hopes of getting her nerfed as they do'n want to learn anything other than rushing gens and running to loops.

    prolly get their way, survivors dictate the balance of this game. that's why the meta of free outs currently exists.

  • @GrootDude Was wanting to give you more advice but it sucks typing on ps4. Anyone can make use of this though. Some of this I've posted before but I add to it as I learn more.


    Advice on what can be done against a Spirit without perks: She has footstep sounds and disturbs crows when phasing. Both of which are noticeable inside her terror radius. She also has an audio cue while phasing(when outside terror radius). When you hear her phasing or notice her chasing someone else near you then stop repairing a gen, cleansing totems, searching boxes etc or risk getting grabbed.


    To add further, if you suspect she's faking her power then run towards a window and slow vault it or flashlight her. If she was phasing SHE will have to guess if you vaulted the window or not. If she is faking it then you are safer near a window rather than a pallet that wasn't thrown down. If she is not phasing and you try to flashlight her she will move or be blinded. Don't move from/walk towards a safe spot to force her to react.


    If you're bold enough, Spirit can be pallet stunned mid phase and coming out of phase. You can throw down a pallet early and play around that though it's most effective while she is phasing. Pallet plays force HER to guess which side you are on. Start looping her to force her to phase then feign continuing the loop and run somewhere safer. Most effective if you backtrack while avoiding running back the same exact path to avoid running into her.

  • Actually I have multiple excuses why she enrages me


    For starters the easiest way to literally play her is a good pair of headphones


    The perks you named I do not want to run "incase" I actually find her


    And most of them run prayer beads

  • She is very unfun to play against. She has a lot of unfun mechanics. Why does she not even have a vault animation? Why does she get passive phasing? Why is she the only killer you can’t tell where she goes with her M2.

    It is a game of guessing. You don’t outplay a Spirit, the Spirit outplays themselves by making mistakes. That’s it.

1 2 ›