Netflix posts “random” pictures of Stranger Things that contain the words “Dead” “By” and “Daylight

Comments

  • @Carpemortum said:

    And it's time to not spend money on a dlc or maybe even take a break. RIP real horror. =/

    Kk, bye then 🖐🙂

  • @Chaddad2169 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635779#Comment_635779

    Always people with a Kate image do that.

    It's funny because I see a lot of people on these forums act a certain way and it's always *insert character here* as their profile picture.

    Someone who always suggests QoL changes and personal opinions usually have a Bill or Huntress icon.

    People that are grumps usually have a Jokeface, Spirit or Trapper icon.

    You understand what I mean.

    (People who complain and whine about everything have a Meg, Kate or Legion icon).

    Also I'm using the word "usually", this doesn't mean that the people that have their profile pic as *insert character here* always act this way, just most of the time.

    *cries in Ash profile picture*

    unrelated but what are Aces usually?

  • If it's not a demogorgon and another bloody teenager like Legion


    I will never buy it even if the perks are meta

  • I dunno, I never really see people with Ace images, just the typical weebs that are Meg's, Blendette's and Kate's.

    When I do see Ace's though they like proving facts "usually". 😂

  • @BlueFang said:

    If it's not a demogorgon and another bloody teenager like Legion

    I will never buy it even if the perks are meta

    I mean, its either demogorgon or Billy. lol

  • @Catbucket said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635774#Comment_635774

    Waaah I'm super mad that this game is adding something popular that will bring in many new players because I havent watched it, and refuse to watch it because I hate popular things, because I'm edgy.

    Who said I hadnt watched it? I said it wasnt horror. It's a teen show with horror ######### thrown over it. Sorry I think it's another step away from the "horror genre" the game was.

    Didnt say I was leaving yet, but I appreciate it. Hoping this is just an elaborate troll to keep people distracted from the real chapter.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635779#Comment_635779

    Who said I hadnt watched it? I said it wasnt horror. It's a teen show with horror ######### thrown over it. Sorry I think it's another step away from the "horror genre" the game was.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635799#Comment_635799

    Didnt say I was leaving yet, but I appreciate it. Hoping this is just an elaborate troll to keep people distracted from the real chapter.

    The game isn't a horror game. It's a horror inspired multiplayer game. Ash is a joke and Stranger Things is far more serious than Ash Vs. Evil Dead. Not everything added has to be from a horror movie with gore, slashing, and jumpscares. How many times do we have to explain this to you?

  • If it is Stranger Things like it seems to elude to, I feel like the map would be the mall. They had so much focus on it, I feel like it'd be a focus.

    Where do you think that they'd use for the map?

  • @Chaddad2169 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635779#Comment_635779

    Always people with a Kate image do that.

    It's funny because I see a lot of people on these forums act a certain way and it's always *insert character here* as their profile picture.

    Someone who always suggests QoL changes and personal opinions usually have a Bill or Huntress icon.

    People that are grumps usually have a Jokeface, Spirit or Trapper icon.

    You understand what I mean.

    (People who complain and whine about everything have a Meg, Kate or Legion icon).

    Also I'm using the word "usually", this doesn't mean that the people that have their profile pic as *insert character here* always act this way, just most of the time.

    *cries in Ash profile picture*

    What about jailed profile pictures? :P

  • @EmotionalDaisy said:

    If it is Stranger Things like it seems to elude to, I feel like the map would be the mall. They had so much focus on it, I feel like it'd be a focus.

    Where do you think that they'd use for the map?

    Well, in the most recent reddit QNA they said they weren't working on a mall map but they'd like to do one in the future, now that could just be a lie.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635850#Comment_635850

    Well, in the most recent reddit QNA they said they weren't working on a mall map but they'd like to do one in the future, now that could just be a lie.

    I'm not saying I'm doubting you, but can I have a link to it, please?

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635779#Comment_635779

    Who said I hadnt watched it? I said it wasnt horror. It's a teen show with horror ######### thrown over it. Sorry I think it's another step away from the "horror genre" the game was.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635799#Comment_635799

    Didnt say I was leaving yet, but I appreciate it. Hoping this is just an elaborate troll to keep people distracted from the real chapter.

    Hope on brother, I'm hoping it is a ST chapter.

  • @EmotionalDaisy said:

    If it is Stranger Things like it seems to elude to, I feel like the map would be the mall. They had so much focus on it, I feel like it'd be a focus.

    Where do you think that they'd use for the map?

    Starcourt would be my hope.

  • @TheGameZpro3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635868#Comment_635868

    I'm not saying I'm doubting you, but can I have a link to it, please?

    Here you go

    https://old.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/ckrt86/we_are_bhvr_ask_us_anything/

  • Shhhhh, we don't talk about that D:

  • Sister. And believe me, I am.

  • Why? I'd like to read a long forbidden thread about the jailed profile pictures.

  • Can we not? Stranger Things sucks.

  • @PBlackII said:

    Can we not? Stranger Things sucks.

    Regardless of your opinion on it, its the next chapter, so get used to it.

  • @PBlackII said:

    Can we not? Stranger Things sucks.

    That's just an (unpopular) opinion. Personally I love the show, the plot and characters. Seasons 2 and 3 might not be as good as the 1st, but still solid.

    Not saying "YOU MUST LIKE THIS!" I'm just saying don't be a "Negative Nancy."

  • @TheGameZpro3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635969#Comment_635969

    That's just an (unpopular) opinion. Personally I love the show, the plot and characters. Seasons 2 and 3 might not be as good as the 1st, but still solid.

    Not saying "YOU MUST LIKE THIS!" I'm just saying don't be a "Negative Nancy."

    Personally, season 3 has been my favorite so far. There were some janky elements, but there was a lot about the season that just worked so dang well.

  • @Catbucket said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635971#Comment_635971

    Personally, season 3 has been my favorite so far. There were some janky elements, but there was a lot about the season that just worked so dang well.

    oh, ok. fair enough. It was just a little short of being my favorite season, but that's just me.

  • This just occurred to me, recently we've been seeing a LOT of licensed cosmetics, Ash was the first who came with 2 separate outfits then Pig and Tapp got 2 outfits each, then Ghostface got a bunch.

    Following this trend, if it is Stranger Things we would expect a whole bunch of cosmetics for the characters BUT if it is the Demogorgon...######### are we going to get as a cosmetic?

  • @HatCreature said:

    This just occurred to me, recently we've been seeing a LOT of licensed cosmetics, Ash was the first who came with 2 separate outfits then Pig and Tapp got 2 outfits each, then Ghostface got a bunch.

    Following this trend, if it is Stranger Things we would expect a whole bunch of cosmetics for the characters BUT if it is the Demogorgon...######### are we going to get as a cosmetic?

    Christmas lights and a santa hat.

  • @HatCreature said:

    This just occurred to me, recently we've been seeing a LOT of licensed cosmetics, Ash was the first who came with 2 separate outfits then Pig and Tapp got 2 outfits each, then Ghostface got a bunch.

    Following this trend, if it is Stranger Things we would expect a whole bunch of cosmetics for the characters BUT if it is the Demogorgon...######### are we going to get as a cosmetic?

    an idea I really wanted for all the licensed characters... GIVE THEM 5, BROWN RARITY OUTFITS!!

    sure, not original, but like I just want to give Ash Blue pants.


    So, 5 "outfits" completed.

    Next...

    … yeah I don't know what else to do.

  • I don't like Stranger Things, so I'm not too excited.

  • @PBlackII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635985#Comment_635985

    I'm not sure how it's edgy to state plain facts; weird flex, but ok.

    not facts, opinions.

    Just cause you thought it was...

    @PBlackII said:

    It's just disappointing that they're going for the fad show which is made purely of flat characters, uninteresting plots, cringe dialogue, and is completely devoid of any real sense of scariness/horror. I gave the show an honest watch and found it to essentially be small brain entertainment.

    Neat aesthetic though.

    doesn't mean we do, or it's fact.

  • If its a 2 survivor chapter I pray for both Hopper and Steve. like I will be so hyped

  • @FishFry247 said:

    If its a 2 survivor chapter I pray for both Hopper and Steve. like I will be so hyped

    Seeing this theory a lot, but we already know that this is a normal full chapter. Survivor, map and killer.

  • @Catbucket said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636016#Comment_636016

    Seeing this theory a lot, but we already know that this is a normal full chapter. Survivor, map and killer.

    we know there's a map. but where's the evidence on the killer and survivor. not doubting, just want proof, do you have a link or something to proof?

  • @TheGameZpro3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636017#Comment_636017

    we know there's a map. but where's the evidence on the killer and survivor. not doubting, just want proof, do you have a link or something to proof?

    It was a while back, they mentioned that two of the chapters this year would be just one killer, noted on the current timeline as the chapters that make no mention of a map, and the other two, would be the norm. I dont have a link off hand.

  • download (1).jpg download.jpg

    @Catbucket said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636016#Comment_636016

    Seeing this theory a lot, but we already know that this is a normal full chapter. Survivor, map and killer.

    Really, Hope the killer is a demigorgan and not billy. but it would make since if it was him. fingers crossed for steve and the chips ahoy cosmetic for steve and hoppers maimi outfit

  • @PBlackII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636054#Comment_636054

    A flat character is a character that doesn't undergo any monumental changes. Steve is always the loser kid in school trying to be the cool kid, Hopper is always the ######### cop with the big heart, Joyce is always the whining mom, Nancy is always the privileged girl, etc. They are the same from start to finish. I'm not sure how to break that down more for you. They didn't grow into any other roles.

    How can another dimension and Russians be boring? Well Stranger Things found a way. They did so by making the entire plot predictable at every step. No surprises ever, nothing to put you on the edge of your seat, just typical sci-fi tropes to feed audiences that don't know any better. These aren't even unique plots, look at whole host of spy movies created and you'll have more than enough Russian espionage crap, and there are already too many multi-dimensional stories out there. What the hell did Stranger Things do that was suddenly new and different? 80s aesthetic?

    Cringe dialogue is a feature of the script. That whole stating the obvious romance between Hopper and Joyce in season 3? Yeah that was cringe af. The D&D sessions? Incredibly cringe. The antics between Eleven and nearly every character? Cringe. Some of the worse dialogue I have ever seen. Oh I know, let's make it where she can only say a few words and that will be her thing! Get real.

    "Steve is always the loser kid in school trying to be the cool kid"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79SU82KQ8lg

    at 1:47 it literally said he was the king of the school as they would all call him. if he was king, he was popular. 'nuff said.

    He goes from the stereotypical jock, who is popular, and a total jerk, to... well, still king jock, but not a total jerk, in fact a really nice guy who'll go risk himself for others.

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    Remember Season 3 where he stayed behind so Dustin and Erica could escape?

    He does have more changes, but I'm just proving at least that this thesis was wrong, cause he was indeed a popular kid.



    The rest I won't argue about. it's really late (1:22AM for me) and those are decent points, I'll give it that.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635654#Comment_635654

    I have said this and I'll always stand by it. For me, a dlc without a killer is just so immensely lackluster that I get bored in a week of its release. Survivors are simply nice skins that have a unique voice and perks that varys gameplay very little and with a IP as big as Stranger Things, yeah, it'd be quite disappointing to see no killer. Yet, I guess I could see them switching things up.

    The only way i can see a survivor at all changing up gameplay is if they bring a new item to he game with their release so... Yeah i agree solo survivor releases are boring

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635779#Comment_635779

    Yeah. Some of the responses to this have been cringy as hell. We get it folks you don't like Stranger Things. Well not every licensed DLC is just for you fam.

    I agree I've never watched ST probably never will but its not like I'm out here killing everyone elses fun (but honestly after seeing what a demi-whatcha-call-it looks like i will definitely play a bit of it)

  • @HatCreature said:

    This just occurred to me, recently we've been seeing a LOT of licensed cosmetics, Ash was the first who came with 2 separate outfits then Pig and Tapp got 2 outfits each, then Ghostface got a bunch.

    Following this trend, if it is Stranger Things we would expect a whole bunch of cosmetics for the characters BUT if it is the Demogorgon...######### are we going to get as a cosmetic?

    Haven't watched the show, read their wiki but don't they slightly change coloration growing up plus there was one that looked cleaner than the others? Those could all be possible cosmetics

  • No one confirmed it is a chapter. This show isn't horror related. It's a drama with some things taken from horror genres(jumpscares/gross things). I'm personally hoping it's just cosmetics. That'd allow people to have their Stranger Things hype without making the game more childish. I mean come on they sang the Neverending Story in the last season for Christ sakes, that's not horror.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    No one confirmed it is a chapter. This show isn't horror related. It's a drama with some things taken from horror genres(jumpscares/gross things). I'm personally hoping it's just cosmetics. That'd allow people to have their Stranger Things hype without making the game more childish. I mean come on they sang the Neverending Story in the last season for Christ sakes, that's not horror.

    Sorry but, these devs like their teasers leading up to new chapters, have you seen any teasers indicating that the chapter is something else?

  • yes season 3 was plot wise pretty basic and disappointing. Some parts were even childish. I really like season 1 and also 2 was decent. But 3 was overhyped and althoug a few good scenes overall a let down especially in the story department and some cringy dialogues

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    No one confirmed it is a chapter. This show isn't horror related. It's a drama with some things taken from horror genres(jumpscares/gross things). I'm personally hoping it's just cosmetics. That'd allow people to have their Stranger Things hype without making the game more childish. I mean come on they sang the Neverending Story in the last season for Christ sakes, that's not horror.

    yeah season 3 had a lot of childish moments and the story was basic. But let's just imagine they focus this chapter on the overall 80'ies vibe of the series. Season 1 was amazing and in my opinion totally not childish. I am born in the 80'ies and i really liked the atmosphere. Story was still fresh and mysterious and acting on point. Season 3 is full of childish moments and cringe acting with a basic and disappointing story that is badly explained

  • @Catbucket said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636219#Comment_636219

    Sorry but, these devs like their teasers leading up to new chapters, have you seen any teasers indicating that the chapter is something else?

    yeah it's plain obvious the devs are points to the famous series. Even some of you who try to deny it is either very new to dbd or just a very young person.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    No one confirmed it is a chapter. This show isn't horror related. It's a drama with some things taken from horror genres(jumpscares/gross things). I'm personally hoping it's just cosmetics. That'd allow people to have their Stranger Things hype without making the game more childish. I mean come on they sang the Neverending Story in the last season for Christ sakes, that's not horror.

    I’m guessing you haven’t watched any of the Evil Dead movies or the tv show.

    And Freddy in The Nightmare on Elm Street series isn’t a joker or anything.

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636219#Comment_636219

    I’m guessing you haven’t watched any of the Evil Dead movies or the tv show.

    And Freddy in The Nightmare on Elm Street series isn’t a joker or anything.

    now you mention freddy as a joker i was just thinking how cool it would be if freddy actually said a funny line every time he hits a survivor.

  • If it's Steve, y'all prepare to be tunneled by me, I... dislike him.

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636349#Comment_636349

    now you mention freddy as a joker i was just thinking how cool it would be if freddy actually said a funny line every time he hits a survivor.

    Freddy should talk. It’s not like him to be mute.

  • If Steve is the survivor I will cry

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    No one confirmed it is a chapter. This show isn't horror related. It's a drama with some things taken from horror genres(jumpscares/gross things). I'm personally hoping it's just cosmetics. That'd allow people to have their Stranger Things hype without making the game more childish. I mean come on they sang the Neverending Story in the last season for Christ sakes, that's not horror.

    And Ash had bathroom sex and slapped a woman's arse with his wooden hand and then sprayed booze over a bunch of teenagers by slicing a keg open with his chainsaw hand. I love Ash but he fits way less than Stranger Things. He's a goober. The Entity didn't want him, he accidentally ended up in the realm of it though.

    @AshleyWB said:

    If it's Steve, y'all prepare to be tunneled by me, I... dislike him.

    We know, bud, we know.

  • So there's talk of a trailer tomorrow, hopefully we actually get it and it's not just BHVR wasting more time teasing.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635323#Comment_635323

    I'm not one to exclude possibilities.

    I also don't really like arguing about this as it'll just be back and forth with neither of us getting anything out of it, so here: You are all right, it's sooo gonna be Stranger Thangs, i bet 10 trillion Auric Cells on it!

    Happy?

    I better get those damn cells My username is OwnedTooth59279 on Xbox

  • @AshleyWB said:

    If it's Steve, y'all prepare to be tunneled by me, I... dislike him.

    We've heard before, I tunnel Kate's so 😂

1 2 3