Some new totem spots are BS

Went against a Trapper on one of the Badham maps. His Ruin was tucked deep inside one of the tree spots. He had 3, yes THREE traps there that you can't get past to do the totem.

Like I'm all for making totems harder to find but this is kind of BS. It's not meant to last the entire game or be impossible to ever get. No totem should be impossible to do. The moment you touch one trap he would come back.

And yea we could "just do the gens" but that's not the issue here. Once someone dies you kind of need to get the totem unless its just 1 gen left.

Sorry but killers need to accept that their totems aren't meant to be permanent. Make it harder to find them sure. Hide them better, yes. I agree. But you shouldn't be able to lock down your totem like that. That's just dumb. There are a few spots now like this and they shouldn't exist. At the very least prevent traps from being set in these areas.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I saw it with NOED too. This way trapper always has noed at the end

  • Trapper just became a pure M1 killer in that situation... why are you so mad?

  • So one or two survivors keep the Trapper busy with disarming his traps and making him go back to the totem to reset his traps all the time. Meanwhile, the other survivors have all the time in the world to do gens.

    Sounds like an easy win for the survivors.

    Also, after 3 gens are done, the Trapper will most likely realize that he won't win with this strategy and abandon his totem and go for a chase instead.

  • This post is just a survivor main crying because he wants an easy win and has to spend time actually looking for a totem. Grow up and stop complaining.

    *Patiently waits for a telling off by a Mod*

  • Dude, the Trapper is supposed to be able to make tight corridors, vaults, and tall grass dangerous. That's literally his power. This is like complaining that the Plague makes you sick.

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624212#Comment_624212

    Sabod traps dont respawn without an addon and you could probably sabobone or 2 then hide forcing him to grsb and place one or two new traps wasting time while the 4th survivor can do gens or rescue the hooked guy. Disarming is what trapper can easily reset

    You are confusing sabotaged for disarm.

    Sabotaged traps repair themselves after 3 minutes, or 2:30 with Hangman’s Trick.

    Disarmed traps re-arm themselves in 30 seconds, at random.

  • Survivor handbook rule 457 : If a killer wastes almost all his power to defend a totem, survivors are allowed to report the killer for camping and exploiting and then go on forums and complaining about things nobody cares about.

  • It doesn't exactly do anything about this exact scenario, but if the datamined killer and survivor status conditions are legit, at least survivors will soon be able to know they're affected by a hex as early as possible, in the near future.

  • "Trapper traped a totem"

    Survivor: This is unfair.



    Dude, play Trapper and then get the Doctor Map(Lerrys).

    That is unfair.

  • @Orion said:

    Dude, the Trapper is supposed to be able to make tight corridors, vaults, and tall grass dangerous. That's literally his power. This is like complaining that the Plague makes you sick.

    I really wanna to go against a Trapper that does this so I can keep forcing him to comeback to his trap. Survivors do this to me as Nurse and it works, but since I'm Nurse, I usually get 2 to 3 downs for the price of 1 totem.

  • This is survivor entitlement at its finest.

    Do gens.

    Wait for someone to be picked up and then disarm the trap and cleanse the totem.

    Get a toolbox and sabo the traps.

    Do gens?


    You have these options and more at your disposal. Somehow I doubt you feel like it’s BS when you spawn right by a gen and look right next to it and there’s a hex totem that the killer can’t even defend before you cleanse it.

  • I could put this the other way around.

    Every killer game I've played for the last two days, my Ruin has been cleansed within the first 30 seconds of the game. They need to improve totem spots because I shouldn't have to play with 3 perks.

  • @HatCreature said:

    This is not a problem in my opinion.

    Like you said, do the Gens. A really good strat would have been to keep him next to his totem by disarming one and running off or sneaking off. And when he would go, disarm it again so he would come back making it easier for the other Survivors to do the Gens since his pressure is really low.

    Really that whole match could have turned into your benefit with the right strat and attitude towards his strat. He had a good defense and because it was good and annoying your team it got everyone(I'm assuming) killed. Really your team made that totem spot good, it was only a good totem because you guys made it good, when a team focuses on a totem instead of a Gen then they lose.

    Imagine coordination in solo Q, nearly had a laugh but reality is to sad.

  • Why is it entitled for Killers to want a LITTLE effort from Survivors to completely remove one of their perks?

    Sounds like this Trapper sacrificed a lot of extra resources for a totem that can even be ignored.

  • Ok..takes about 3-5 seconds to disarm a trap, stone only resets them every, 30 seconds?

  • @Awakey said:

    I could put this the other way around.

    Every killer game I've played for the last two days, my Ruin has been cleansed within the first 30 seconds of the game. They need to improve totem spots because I shouldn't have to play with 3 perks.

    Actually, I been getting some great luck with my Ruin placement believe it or not. :)

  • Totem spawn are more BS on the killer side, trust me. In most of the games you lose hex in first minutes, even in the first chase. So… yeah… As you pointed out, he used 3 traps to protect it. You should have left it and focus on gens because there would be less risk of walking into trap.

  • @Awakey said:

    I could put this the other way around.

    Every killer game I've played for the last two days, my Ruin has been cleansed within the first 30 seconds of the game. They need to improve totem spots because I shouldn't have to play with 3 perks.

    Bad RNG for survivors = ######### BHVR complete killer cucks confirmed plz nerf

    Bad RNG for killers = oh well it’s RNG git gud

  • Oh no, the trapper using his traps, cause he wanted to protect something?!


    Wouldn't have complained if it had been any other killer.


    BooHoo

  • @thesuicidefox

    "No what's entitled is to think your totem is so precious it needs to be hidden so super well and up the entire game."

    -If Ruin stays up the whole game you can still get gens done (gen tap if you are bad at skillchecks). Once you learn skillcheck timing its easy (unless doc but then he can't defend his totems very well).

    -If Lullaby....well no one uses that and even if they did its pretty easy to ignore as getting it to 5 tokens rarely happens.

    -If Devour Hope well since you said the Trapper has to keep coming back to get his traps I guess he isn't getting his Devour tokens.

    I'm sorry but the issue you presented here seems to have so many available counters/ways around it that I fail to see the problem. I would love Hex perks to be reworked but the totem placements is far from a problem (with the exception of totem spots that physically not be cleansed however I believe they have all been fixed).

    This sounds like a situation where rather than change your approach to the match you instead wanted events to unfold how your wished them too. Also Trapper is the only killer able to defend a totem spot in this way and it takes him loads of time to pull this off, continually go back for his traps to protect the totem and has no map pressure because of this investment. One killer is your reasoning for wanting the whole system reworked?

  • @HatCreature said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624136#Comment_624136

    @NMCKE That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen 🤣 That match must have been glorious.

    Now Fox, I understand your argument after looking the whole thread over. Your argument is solely that despite that you could have used his strategy against him and won the game, that it was still ''impossible'' to do destroy the totem. I get that, but it was Trapper, even it was Devour it was still Trapper and it is OK to not be able to destroy the totem. Totems are not meant to be destroyed, they are ABLE to be destroyed and allow the Survivors relief from it but destroying it is not mandatory nor is it always necessary. Survivors CHOOSE to do totems and even though a situation can come up where it can be impossible it doesn't matter, it honestly does not matter in the grand scheme of the match because you can still win regardless. If you and your entire team die because you wanted to destroy a totem then that's your fault for falling into the Killer's trap.

    Now if you were not allowed to Exit the game and the Devs made it where you can't leave unless all Hex totems were destroyed, THEN you would be right. You would be right because Survivors wouldn't be able to choose to do the totem, it would be mandatory.

    No dude, totems are meant to be destroyed. Thats literally their only purpose, what else can a survivor do with a totem.

  • Imagine if killers could destroy dead hard or any survivor perk rendering it useless in 30 seconds of start of match? The tears would drown the world.

    As a Killer I always second guess bringing hex perks because they almost never last more than a minute or 2. The only perk i would even try to protect like that would be devour hope. And to be fair, there's 2 killers that can even pull off that kind of protection.

    As a Survivor, if i can get to a totem great, if not i play the game. Many times, the totem right outside the shack so i dont have to look too hard.

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624600#Comment_624600

    Bad RNG for survivors = ######### BHVR complete killer cucks confirmed plz nerf

    Bad RNG for killers = oh well it’s RNG git gud

    Yes, that's why devs improve totems location, because survivors ask for it. Oh, wait!

  • I don't see a problem. The trapper was using his traps to defend his totem. The totem spots are fine, and how can you say the totems "aren't meant to" do certain things, if they stay up the whole game so be it, the trapper was defending his totem effectively and yes the counterplay is doing gens if you can't do the totem otherwise, I'm sorry for ya.

  • @MegaWaffle. You forgot NOED. I saw it twice this week. Trapper only need to protect 1 totem, any of them, to gain NOED at the end

  • When I run NOED on Trapper I don’t protect random totems because it makes it obvious

  • Dude come on now what’s I’m reading is a bit silly. You of all people should know worrying about a totem when you could easily work through that shot is a silly

  • @foochill1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624162#Comment_624162

    No dude, totems are meant to be destroyed. Thats literally their only purpose, what else can a survivor do with a totem.

    @foochill1 It's hard to explain but bear with me. Totems are basically an extra ability for Killers but they can be so powerful and oppressive that the Devs decided that Survivors need a way to get rid of that ability, bam totem. So the ability is not MEANT to be destroyed like the Burning Man who is built to be burned down but meant to have a COUNTER which is the ability to destroy the totem.

    You're not SUPPOSED to destroy the totem, it isn't required it is a choice. Totems exist so they CAN BE DESTROYED, there is a difference between meant to be destroyed like a Jenga tower and able to be destroyed like a Lego tower.

  • If the trapper want to trap his totem let him he wasting his own time.

  • @Spaceman94 said:

    This post is just a survivor main crying because he wants an easy win and has to spend time actually looking for a totem. Grow up and stop complaining.

    *Patiently waits for a telling off by a Mod*

    Dude can you read?

    The problem isn't the totem is hidden. The problem is that it's impossible to destroy because he can set 3 traps on it, all of which you MUST disarm before you can do the totem. And if he has Iri Stone then he never has to come back to that totem again.

    Also I play both sides. Maybe read and comprehend before you say something ignorant next time 😉

  • @Awakey said:

    I could put this the other way around.

    Every killer game I've played for the last two days, my Ruin has been cleansed within the first 30 seconds of the game. They need to improve totem spots because I shouldn't have to play with 3 perks.

    Which I even say in the OP is a problem. But putting totems in these little nooks that are 3 survivor lengths deep and 1 wide is not a good solution. I've seen plenty of great totem spots that are well hidden but not in these tiny nooks.

    Look EVERYONE...

    The devs fixed totem spawns on LT walls for Macmil and Autohaven maps FOR THIS EXACT REASON! Because a killer like Trapper can set a trap in front of the totem and it's impossible to do the totem without disarming the trap first. This was deemed a problem and thus they fixed it a while ago. But now, with new totem spawns on some maps (eg. little nook of boxes near water tower on Macmil, little nook behind boxes on top of Ironworks, and now several spots on Badham maps) it is a problem again.

    I'm not asking for the totems to be easy to find. That's the last thing I want. I'm asking that they aren't positioned such that Trapper can put 3 FLIPPIN traps to completely prevent you from even touching the totem. If he wants to trap the area, or even right in front of the totem fine, but it shouldn't be a requirement to disarm (or in actuality sabo) a trap (let alone 3) to get the totem.

  • @prayer_survivor said:

    @MegaWaffle. You forgot NOED. I saw it twice this week. Trapper only need to protect 1 totem, any of them, to gain NOED at the end

    So 99% last gen and have someone at both gates, congratulations at best that Trapper is getting 1 kill. And if you are playing solo then pop the gen and go to a gate, if you decide to save your team then don't blame the killer when you die.

  • Hahaha. Get trapped noob.

  • I agree that shits dumb, but not uncounterable. You could've always disarmed then Immediately sabotaged it.

  • Be funny if that was haunted grounds lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    What I'd do is just disarm the first trap, and dead hard past the other two.

    Even if I get caught on the third and last one and didn't cleanse the totem in time, Trapper would need to remove the second trap in order to grab me and then the third would be put out of commission, leaving a window of opportunity open where the totem can easily be cleansed with no contest as all 3 traps are down.

    Not possible because the one trap was directly in front of the totem. You would just get caught in it.

    @speedrush27 said:

    I agree that shits dumb, but not uncounterable. You could've always disarmed then Immediately sabotaged it.

    Also not possible because you need a toolbox. People act like trap sabo is so easy. Well it is if you have a toolbox. If you don't you can't sabo. And I can't just make a toolbox spawn on command, I even searched a box and got a FL instead. Not to mention if he decides to react to you disarming his trap you're not gonna finish the sabo in time.

    Guys these are not realistic solutions. They just aren't. If the totem spawns in one of these nooks and it's a Trapper then he can make it impossible to get the totem. Especially so if they have Iri Stone which is not uncommon at red ranks.

    Fact of the matter is that Trapper should not be able to completely lock down a totem spawn like this. Devs removed his ability to do this previously, but then seemed to ignore their own design principle for the sake of making totems "more hidden", which at the end of the day doesn't help anyway against good survivors because you can memorize all the totem spawn locations.

  • @GrootDude said:

    He is wasting three traps to defend one totem, something that was already possible. He now has less traps available and assuming you and your team are able to hit greats then you should be fine.

    This /\..... it's been possible for trapper to do this before the hiding spot....

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624087#Comment_624087

    This /\..... it's been possible for trapper to do this before the hiding spot....

    Using 2-3 traps to make it impossible to take out a totem is not really much of a waste.

    And no he couldn't do this before. Well he could, but then they changed the objects around those totems so he couldn't, and for the exact reason that it was unfair. So why do these new totems spots ignore that?

  • @thesuicidefox why isit such a big thing you couldn't get to it?? I get your frustrated because it's happened to you 3 times but I bet the other 30-40 matches you played around that time (might be more might be less) you didn't come across that problem. I play mainly survivor and I feel sometimes a killers totem should be hard/difficult or even "impossible" to cleanse to offset all the times when their active totem gets found almost as soon as the match starts.

  • @slammizzle said:

    @thesuicidefox why isit such a big thing you couldn't get to it?? I get your frustrated because it's happened to you 3 times but I bet the other 30-40 matches you played around that time (might be more might be less) you didn't come across that problem. I play mainly survivor and I feel sometimes a killers totem should be hard/difficult or even "impossible" to cleanse to offset all the times when their active totem gets found almost as soon as the match starts.

    Nothing should be impossible in a game. Unless another player is actively doing something to stop you doing the totem, it shouldn't be impossible.

    And it doesn't matter how often you go against something if that something is clearly broken. Old Legion exploiting DW wasn't actually that common, it was the mere fact he could do it that made it the problem.

    Again I'm not asking to make totems easy to find. They should be well hidden. But not hidden in such a small nook that Trapper can pull this BS.

    Also 30-40 matches? Dude do you have any idea how long that would take. At an average of 10 minutes a game that's like 7 hours of straight gameplay, no lobby wait time included. This happened 3 times in less than that time across a few days.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626023#Comment_626023

    Nothing should be impossible in a game. Unless another player is actively doing something to stop you doing the totem, it shouldn't be impossible.

    And it doesn't matter how often you go against something if that something is clearly broken. Old Legion exploiting DW wasn't actually that common, it was the mere fact he could do it that made it the problem.

    Again I'm not asking to make totems easy to find. They should be well hidden. But not hidden in such a small nook that Trapper can pull this BS.

    Also 30-40 matches? Dude do you have any idea how long that would take. At an average of 10 minutes a game that's like 7 hours of straight gameplay, no lobby wait time included. This happened 3 times in less than that time across a few days.

    The Trapper was actively stopping you by having set up a clever alarm system using his power just the way it was designed.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626029#Comment_626029

    The Trapper was actively stopping you by having set up a clever alarm system using his power just the way it was designed.

    Setting 3 traps and walking away is not "actively" stopping me. It's passive. He doesn't have to do anything until he hears 3 traps pop. If he has Iri Stone he basically has to do nothing because the traps will reset before you could finish the totem.

  • I wonder what was the spot that let Trapper put 3 traps to defend it without a chance to pass by them.

    I get spots with totem being defendable by 1 trap and I can imagine those defendable by 2, but 3? That leaves me really curious.

  • Trapper wasted a half of his power just for his Ruin to last the whole match. I think that was a good trade, because now he is mostly a M1 killer which can be gen rushed and looped to hell ( and he could've been anyway even with traps ).

  • @Marcus said:

    Trapper wasted a half of his power just for his Ruin to last the whole match. I think that was a good trade, because now he is mostly a M1 killer which can be gen rushed and looped to hell ( and he could've been anyway even with traps ).

    Ruin and NOED

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626036#Comment_626036

    Setting 3 traps and walking away is not "actively" stopping me. It's passive. He doesn't have to do anything until he hears 3 traps pop. If he has Iri Stone he basically has to do nothing because the traps will reset before you could finish the totem.

    Setting three traps and reacting to them being disarmed is actively defending a totem, whether you like it or not. Regardless, as I've already pointed out, the whole point of the Trapper is that he can defend areas. You're literally complaining that a killer's power is good at the thing for which it was made.

  • NOES is any totem active when 5 gens are done. And is indeed more easy, because you can choose the totem you wish. I don't know if could be the same totem for both, but probably yes.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626012#Comment_626012

    Using 2-3 traps to make it impossible to take out a totem is not really much of a waste.

    And no he couldn't do this before. Well he could, but then they changed the objects around those totems so he couldn't, and for the exact reason that it was unfair. So why do these new totems spots ignore that?

    This isnt impossible to get done.... only if the trappers goal is to not let the totem go, in which case he'll depip because he'll be to busy doing wind sprints across the map and stuck in 1 area protecting the totem..... 1 person pops a trap or 2 and runs across the map leading the trapper away the other goes for the last few traps and starts breaking the totem, trapper comes back chases other away and the first survivor goes for the totem or whatever.... this is more of a punishment to the trapper if anything dude

  • @prayer_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626089#Comment_626089

    NOES is any totem active when 5 gens are done. And is indeed more easy, because you can choose the totem you wish. I don't know if could be the same totem for both, but probably yes.

    No, the totem for Ruin doesn't become the totem for NOED, you need a dull totem to proc NOED.

1 2 3 4