Camping penalty
so I’ve noticed a lot of face camping lately while playing the cannibal especially it totally holds the game hostage to camp especially with a chainsaw that has about five swings borrowed time can’t even save them. What if??... and this is a big what if.?? The dying process slows tremendous while the killer is in the vacinity o the hook I’m talking enough time to finish all gens of the killer stays. I only ask this because there’s legit NO way to save this person and still goes the killer time to find another victim before gens are completed. I know killer mains are going to argue well the survivor shouldn’t go down if he doesn’t wanna be camped but it’s inevitable a killer is goin to eventually down some doesn’t matter how good they are. Just some food for thought.
Comments
Really? You're gonna be pedantic? Fine.
The main difference is that camping only allows Killers to get more points, kills, and slows down the game if Survivors feed the Killer, whereas looping only allows Survivors to gen rush, keep the Killer busy, and avoid capture without actually escaping the chase no matter what the Killer does. Get it through your thick heads - camping and looping are not equivalent in any way, shape, or form, because both put all the power in the Survivors' hands.
Is that clear enough for you, or are you going to complain about the very obvious things I was referring to when I used the word "benefit"? This is like those trolls asking what is meant by "toxic", when everyone knows full well what it means.
Unless you want rainbows to shoot out of the Killer's ass when you're hooked, I don't see how that's possible. If my team is playing smart, I take pleasure in knowing that I'm probably the only kill that Killer is going to get.
It’s hilarious that camping of any sort is still being discussed, and that BHVR has to say it over, and over, and over, and over, again. Camping is in no way a bannable offense, and was purposefully designed into the game. It may suck, but it’s not going anywhere. If you die because you are being overly altruistic, that’s on you, not the killer. He’s just captiolizing on game mechanics that you are feeding him with. For more information on the banning system, see dev stream #68.
Damn man I misunderstood what you were trying to say because of the way i read it. That ones on me, and I apologize for the response as a result. When I'm wrong I have no problem admitting it and I apologize for any hard feelings as a result.
Apology accepted with no hard feelings. Not everyone can admit they were wrong.
Can i get points if you tbag in my presence? Double if you tbag and then get hooked and die?
See how absurd your statement is?
Stop making threads if you do not even know what "face camping" is.
Also does penalty to looping feels fine?
The fact that Survivors are legitimately suggesting they should be rewarded (with points) for failure (being hooked and dying) speaks volumes about their entitled nature.
You are not making the Killer camp you. The Killer made a choice to camp you. You are not entitled to a reward because you failed. This is like giving the Killer points if everyone escaped.
but muh fun
I got to a point in the game where i was camping just to piss them off. Most of the time i got more than the guy on the hook. Most games i got 2-3 even when i camped them all. Survs have this "we are entitled to free escapes" mentality and couple that with an enhanced sense of altruism and you can farm them never leavign the hook.
I became a toxic killer simply cos i knew how much it pissed them off. They only have themselves to blame using last second flashlight switching and other toxic surv techniques.
I misunderstood what you were trying to say because of the way it was worded. That ones on me, and I apologize for the response as a result. When I'm wrong I have no problem admitting it (> @Orion said:
I appreciate it! I feel so embarrassed for having gone on a such a tangent 🙈 lol! But admitting when I'm wrong comes easy for me... If you know you're wrong and refuse to admit it, it shows a lack of intelligence imo and shows a lack of respect. Thanks again for accepting my apology 😸
👆This guy gets it!
(Knowing you and I have a shared view on this matter adds to my previously mentioned embarrassment lmao!)
I want survivors to have skill. Use the pallet to buy time to break line of sight, hide, and then go somewhere else while the killer looks for them or goes off in the wrong direction. That's what I want survivors to do. Not cheese mechanics. Bloodlust is next to worthless. Yes, a killer will eventually catch a looper, but not before at least 3 generators are done. Looping is part of the game, just like hook-camping is. Both are cheesy and ruin the game. However, so long as one exists, the other will as well.
Camping and holding the game hostage are completely different things. Holding the game hostage involves survivors refusing to leave the match when the gates are powered and opened, often hiding and crouching around the edges of the map.
no of anything it gets worse and rightly so
LMAO This is what happened to me today. I have got 2 last second switches with a SWF team and camped them to death, got 4k and with my offering brutality 100%, BBQ and bps that one of the survivors brought gave me 91k. EZ match. Survivors really deserve these things even if you are a nice killer. I was about to use mori when I saw SWF but then i thought lets not drain the fun and change it to brutality points and this is what I got in turn.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
EZ
camping is always gonna be there. Chases will be shorter now because no more two SB in one chase so looping will be no be so useful . but i can tell you that camping will still be there because they give killers perks to help camping. and its just so ez to just watch someone die then go find someone new
Sure soon as we get a Looping penalty other than Bloodlust (Which doesn't help that much vs an experienced looper)
Something like...if the survivor passes the same pallet too many times while in a chase they start loosing speed like 5%/15%/20%
Unfortunately the devs disagree with you on this. They want two to die and two to get out. So this means that even if i camp one i should be able to at least get another one or the game is not "balanced". The gens should not all be done by the time the first one dies even if they take all two minutes on the hook.
I camp just to piss off people like you by the way.