Sprint Burst Exploit.

Just had a killer game where I noticed an Ash kept getting bursts of speed during chase. At first I knocked it as lag, so in post game I asked him about it.

This player told me it was not lag, and in fact was a sprint burst exploit. He told me how it's done (won't post here in fear of people trying for themselves.) His whole team had sprint burst on so I am assuming they were a swf all using this exploit.

I already in-game reported him and the team, despite him claiming it is not bannable. I just wanted to bring other peoples attention to this.

ps. If this is in fact not bannable that would be messed up. Especially since people were threatened ban for Legion's blades exploit.

Comments

  • They didn't ban for ANY bugs that were around during the Wake Up! situation. Not Wake Up, but not the PWYF, Thanatophobia or second Legion blades bug either.

    They've just decided they don't want to deal with situations like this with bans, instead just try to fix them when they can. It's not that deep lmao.

  • Still don't understand why they aren't just disabling the perk until the problem gets fixed.

  • Everyone knows about this it’s not a big deal. They will eventually fix it. If anything that’s how sprint burst should be. What’s the point of sprint burst if you have to walk around until getting in a chase?

  • @oxygen said:

    They didn't ban for ANY bugs that were around during the Wake Up! situation. Not Wake Up, but not the PWYF, Thanatophobia or second Legion blades bug either.

    They've just decided they don't want to deal with situations like this with bans, instead just try to fix them when they can. It's not that deep lmao.

    Difference is, those were all patched fairly quickly. Does that mean that we will have to wait several weeks for mid-chapter to see a fix? If so, then that means for those several weeks killers will see nothing but sprint burst exploits effectively getting free chase escapes for weeks.

  • @Sean said:

    Everyone knows about this it’s not a big deal. They will eventually fix it. If anything that’s how sprint burst should be. What’s the point of sprint burst if you have to walk around until getting in a chase?

    Because as bugged, it's a better dead hard. No injury requirement, further ground covered.

    SB should be more of a first sudden burst. Like taking off at a race. To get a head start.

  • @Sean said:

    Everyone knows about this it’s not a big deal. They will eventually fix it. If anything that’s how sprint burst should be. What’s the point of sprint burst if you have to walk around until getting in a chase?

    If they will "eventually" fix it, then why not threaten bans to stop the over use of this exploit? Why let survivors continue to misuse this perk just because they will get to it "eventually".

    I am sure if there was a noed exploit just for ex. , where killer could press some buttons and activate it before last gen and insta down then you would not be so uncaring.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580232#Comment_580232

    Because as bugged, it's a better dead hard. No injury requirement, further ground covered.

    SB should be more of a first sudden burst. Like taking off at a race. To get a head start.

    Eh.

    Unless we're talking about Sheltered Woods...

    I find Lithe overtakes Sprint Burst in most situations.

  • @tehshadowman33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580237#Comment_580237

    Eh.

    Unless we're talking about Sheltered Woods...

    I find Lithe overtakes Sprint Burst in most situations.

    Right


    But lithe is a different trigger.

  • The rules beg to differ. Doing an exploit on purpose is one thing, but it is against the rules to exploit bugs for personal gain. People were notified and banned for the blades due to how they could hold the game hostage, though, I do believe. Don't know about that situation either, though.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    The rules beg to differ. Doing an exploit on purpose is one thing, but it is against the rules to exploit bugs for personal gain. People were notified and banned for the blades due to how they could hold the game hostage, though, I do believe. Don't know about that situation either, though.

    Yes, accidental use is obviously okay. But thing is, this ash admitted to knowing about the exploit and him and his team used it to win. If they don't plan on fixing this bug asap then they ought to place the threat of a ban for using it.

  • If you people get sprint burst nerfed, ima be pissed. I dunno about this exploit but its things like this and people griping over nothing that completely ruined borrowed time and decisive strike. Instead of complaining, I dunno, try getting better? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

  • @AppleJew said:

    If you people get sprint burst nerfed, ima be pissed. I dunno about this exploit but its things like this and people griping over nothing that completely ruined borrowed time and decisive strike. Instead of complaining, I dunno, try getting better? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

    The bug allows you to run WITHOUT wasting SB until you want to. That's not right.

  • @AppleJew said:

    If you people get sprint burst nerfed, ima be pissed. I dunno about this exploit but its things like this and people griping over nothing that completely ruined borrowed time and decisive strike. Instead of complaining, I dunno, try getting better? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

    'I don't know what you guys are talking about, but get better!!!!!'

    ...ok

  • @Ghostul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580277#Comment_580277

    Yes, accidental use is obviously okay. But thing is, this ash admitted to knowing about the exploit and him and his team used it to win. If they don't plan on fixing this bug asap then they ought to place the threat of a ban for using it.

    That's what I was saying. It's against the rules to use an exploit and they admitted to knowing it was one.

  • @AppleJew said:

    If you people get sprint burst nerfed, ima be pissed. I dunno about this exploit but its things like this and people griping over nothing that completely ruined borrowed time and decisive strike. Instead of complaining, I dunno, try getting better? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️


    What kind of crazed survivor entitlement trip are you going on? I get that you're so self centered that you think exploit sprint burst and free escape DS should be part of your kit, but Borrowed Time has been buffed 3 times since it got nerfed to a balanced state.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580477#Comment_580477

    What kind of crazed survivor entitlement trip are you going on? I get that you're so self centered that you think exploit sprint burst and free escape DS should be part of your kit, but Borrowed Time has been buffed 3 times since it got nerfed to a balanced state.

    You're derailing.


    I like the idea of SB having more agency to it (having more control over when it triggers since most exhaustion perks are best when they trigger mid chase) but this bug goes a little far. It's an exploit that I think merits punishment but ur 100% derailing

  • he's not derailing

    this exploit sidesteps the only downside of sprint burst. you already have agency over when SB activates; it activates when you start sprinting. even balanced landing, arguably the strongest exhaustion perk, has conditional use

    you can sprint burst mid chase, you just need to have the awareness to walk until your exhaustion is almost gone (this is called 99ing your sprint burst), then mid-chase walk for a second so that it goes away and you can sprint burst

    hopefully this gets fixed asap

  • People are dropping their current perk (Balanced or Dead Hard) and running this just because it's bugged, honestly 99% of people who are using it aren't using it to any real advantage so whatever.

    Survivors telegraph their plays so badly once you start to watch.

  • @Ghostul It'll be fixed next Tuesday when Freddy/Badham changes drop.

  • Nah this is how Sprint burst should be tbh and i dont see you reporting the black aura bug that lets killers see when a survivor walks by a gen.

  • @Justwantacreampie said:

    Nah this is how Sprint burst should be tbh and i dont see you reporting the black aura bug that lets killers see when a survivor walks by a gen.

    "this exploit is fine because the killers also have bugs which benefit them"

    the black aura bug cannot be triggered by the killer, it's just always there, so it's not comparable

    and sprint burst should absolutely not be this way, it's a very strong perk as it is that pretty much eliminates the need to be situationally aware. you just need to not be exhausted

  • One of the most popular and useful perks for survivors will not warrant a ban. Survivors will skip till it's fixed if they do that. Que times will be pure hell.

  • @Justwantacreampie said:

    Nah this is how Sprint burst should be tbh and i dont see you reporting the black aura bug that lets killers see when a survivor walks by a gen.

    Sprint Burst is already strong enough it allows you to get to a safe area at the start of the chase when the killer might have gotten a hit on you.

  • Wait so the perk still gives exhaustion? Just doesn’t activate unless you crouch?

  • @Sean said:

    Everyone knows about this it’s not a big deal. They will eventually fix it. If anything that’s how sprint burst should be. What’s the point of sprint burst if you have to walk around until getting in a chase?

    You do realize that if they put that as a feature, Sprint burst would be a stupidly overpowered perk? Right? Imagine how the loops would be, especially the infinites, I can only imagine how worse they would be... people like you, thinking that this is okay to put in as a future is a reason why half of this game is unbalanced

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580232#Comment_580232

    Because as bugged, it's a better dead hard. No injury requirement, further ground covered.

    SB should be more of a first sudden burst. Like taking off at a race. To get a head start.

    Couldn't have said it better myself, it's just a better dead hard without the skill and game knowledge to use it. The ignorance of people is baffling to me how they don't see how strong this is. Hope it gets fixed soon.

  • I don't think this sprint burst change is an exploit, I have feeling that it was balance test for the perk that purposely made it on live servers. In general all survivor builds use at least one exhaustion perk and all of the exhaustion perks(besides head on) grant same bonus of increasing movement speed, so in the end of the day, It's matter of choice for which exhaust perk you use. If your attempt to test a change regarding a perk, they should at least not be so obscured about it, since any change can always be reverted at any given moment. I think the perk is alright, but one of major problems of allowing a perk like this to be active at any given time is lack of telltale that a survivor is going to use it. Dead hard gives telltale by survivors looking behind them+injured, Balanced Landing requires a levitation, Lithe requires a vault, so as killer, you can easily predict these behaviors from survivors and formulate a strategy once you know what their exhaustion perk of choice is. With this exploit, you can't really counter-play the perk, It's just a time waster, than again most survivor mains include myself use dead hard because you can use the dash to reach pallets/windows that you normally wouldn't be able to get to in time that also leaves little counter-play for classic m1 killers in loops. so there's that.

  • @Sean said:

    Everyone knows about this it’s not a big deal. They will eventually fix it. If anything that’s how sprint burst should be. What’s the point of sprint burst if you have to walk around until getting in a chase?

    How is that not a big deal, it is literally using the perk in a way not intended (because of a bug) to exploit a 50% speed boost any time you want for a short but effective time gap.

  • Luckily haven’t had any encounters with this but I can see how dumb it is for killers especially when it’s a full team abusing it. Reading peoples comments on how it’s “fair” and not game breaking I just imagine if there was a bug that let killers activate bloodlust at will and seeing the outcry that would have. Just hope it gets fixed soon but with every bug fixed another one comes.

  • Reality is, they're just making the game less fun for themselves and teammates. If you Sprint Burst me mid chase while it's bugged, you're getting hard tunneled for the rest of the game.

  • @PolarBear said:

    Still don't understand why they aren't just disabling the perk until the problem gets fixed.

    because knowing the devs they wont fix it for weeks upon weeks, so survivors that ran sprint burst would just keep complaining to bring it back and fix already, and no one wants to constantly see that for weeks.

  • @Ghostul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580221#Comment_580221

    Difference is, those were all patched fairly quickly. Does that mean that we will have to wait several weeks for mid-chapter to see a fix? If so, then that means for those several weeks killers will see nothing but sprint burst exploits effectively getting free chase escapes for weeks.

    Of course I wish they were fixed ASAP, preferably either with a hotfix or by disabling the bugged stuff until it's fixed if the spread reaches critical mass instead of being a niche thing that a handful of people know. I mean, they disabled the Ormond map when it had problems so it's clearly possible, and the moonlight offerings are retired as well.

    I'm more or less just trying to argue against the idea that there's some sort of survivor bias at play, as that is simply not what's happening.

  • The delusioned entitlement of some survivors here is actually unbelievable... Bt, ds are weak now? SB should be ridiculously better even though it's one of the best perks in the game? And these ppl have the audacity to tell others to get better as they ask even bigger freebies?? Hello? Is this real life?


    Of COURSE this should be fixed asap and/or disabled. If nurse could blink at will with no stun or cd, or noed be applied at any point b4 there even is a totem the same would apply ffs

  • It's okay to abuse bugs as long as you're a survivor.

  • They really need to fix this killer aura and sprint burst bug bzw exploit because this is game breaking and I think they will do it.

  • @Ghostul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580232#Comment_580232

    If they will "eventually" fix it, then why not threaten bans to stop the over use of this exploit? Why let survivors continue to misuse this perk just because they will get to it "eventually".

    I am sure if there was a noed exploit just for ex. , where killer could press some buttons and activate it before last gen and insta down then you would not be so uncaring.

    I am cool with survivors having this sprint burst exploit if killers can swing 10 feet away from me and still get a hit even thought they never even got close to hitting me.

  • @Sean honestly you can fix this issue by not playing in a lobby with red ping.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580232#Comment_580232

    Because as bugged, it's a better dead hard. No injury requirement, further ground covered.

    SB should be more of a first sudden burst. Like taking off at a race. To get a head start.

    Agreed I have my whole team use meg so we can SB and we use no glitch its not OP or broken even if there was a glitch no fix needed keep as if they fixing perks start with hex ruin

  • @TRB124 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/581044#Comment_581044

    And what caused you to come to that conclusion?

    People only got banned for using legion blades glitch because it was game breaking. It held games hostage. Devs were fair and put out a warning before banning. It wasn’t because devs are supposedly biased towards survivors.

    Survivor bugs are minor, they haven’t held games hostage and if anything just causes an annoyance to the killer. The wake up bug and the sprint burst bug don’t hold the game hostage, I’m not saying it’s alright to abuse it but it isn’t as bad as legion bug.

    Also it’s funny seeing endless threads from Killer mains complaining about SB bug. Calling the devs biased towards survivors for not banning for these small bugs.

    Just deal with it. Survivors had to deal with bugs from killers that were a lot worse, like aforementioned legion blades bug and tinkerer 2 bug.

    "Deal with our game breaking bug because we had to deal with your game breaking bug."

    You're the reason ######### doesn't get fixed.

  • @Raidoku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/580237#Comment_580237

    Agreed I have my whole team use meg so we can SB and we use no glitch its not OP or broken even if there was a glitch no fix needed keep as if they fixing perks start with hex ruin

    I can tell the highest rank you get to as survivor is 10, But you've never been a red rank killer and seen how fast gens go if you don't have ruin. stop saying fix it and find the totem instead crying about it, not like survivors spawn on it 1/4 of the time

  • Just had a killer game where I noticed an Ash kept getting bursts of speed during chase. At first I knocked it as lag, so in post game I asked him about it.

    It's not bannable. Devs willingly let people exploit their game. Same thing happened with Wake Up in 3.0.0, even though they should of banned everyone who abused it. It's disgusting but what can you do when they don't have a backbone too punish the majority of the playerbase. This will just be swept under the rug like all the other exploits/bugs that ruin the game. I also had a SWF group who all had toolboxes and Sprint Burst. I just left that match because no.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    One of the most popular and useful perks for survivors will not warrant a ban. Survivors will skip till it's fixed if they do that. Que times will be pure hell.

    If they wanted too tell people "don't exploit in our game" they absolutly would. But they set the standard at "meh, we'll fix it in a week, enjoy hell killers!" and let everyone get away with the exploits. Same thing happened with Wake Up, one of the reasons I'm taking a break from this game till Freddy rework comes out, devs don't care too fix/disable broken content and just let it run rampant.

  • If you are talking about the sb bug that allows you to run and then trigger it anytime u want, i think it was already fixed, correct me if i am wrong

  • Devs stance on it is clear.

    Don't feel bad about sharing how to do it. I guess I will try it out as well since it's not punishable at all so why not.

    I liked my BL but activatable SB sounds great as well.


    Remember that if you find any buggy things on the killer side exploit the ######### out of them to get fun games where you play with your food instead of trying harder.

    EZ game.

  • The player base isn’t big enough to survive if they ban people, that’s why they rarely even threaten that.

  • I ran into a team that literally abused this on em the other day. it is so frustrating. As a Killer you have to have perfect timing and something as little as missing a swing could make a huge difference in the flow of the game.

    For example if you miss what would otherwise be a hit because of the exploit, it could snowball to taking much longer to catch the survivor and pull someone off a gen to save, then pressure the next and so on.

    It's also super rude to do. I found survivors would go out of their way to find me and run around, and just when I caught up they would trigger it. Awful.

  • @D4RKL0V3 said:

    If you are talking about the sb bug that allows you to run and then trigger it anytime u want, i think it was already fixed, correct me if i am wrong

    I recently found out that there is a fix coming in the next mid-chapter which is coming a week earlier than expected, July 23rd.

    Until then we just have to endure the use of this exploit. Luckily most people aren't total ######### so I don't see it every game. I will probably just leave any match that has people using it.

  • I just had a game with wraith everytime i tried to hit someone while he is running he will SB and escape. they didn't had DH only SB and am a bit confused cause it us supposed to give the survivors a lead at the start and to be able to escape the first hit or to reach a pallets. not in mid chase while he is looping you and SB to an other pallate . that a real pain to face that .