BBQ and Chili

Sorry but all these detection perks for killers make hiding almost not an option. I see the point but still stand by the opinion, don't think it's ever fair to see auras every 2 seconds...Survivor or Killer

Sorry but all these detection perks for killers make hiding almost not an option. I see the point but still stand by the opinion, don't think it's ever fair to see auras every 2 seconds...Survivor or Killer
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
And you didnt say anything about my other argument
@Glebu
(Btw, always keep in mind I’m acting as if killer is billy for this scenarios) What if you got caught away from a gen? Or an obstacle blocks the perpendicular side to the hook? Or knock out? Or last gen got finished but gates are closed?
The killer wastes his perk slot if he only uses it for bbq so you have the perk advantage
If the gates are open the killer will always go for the guy opening the gate, and if you are the one opening it just go away from it
Yes, he’s not literally on you in 4 seconds, but more often than not; he DOES have NOT AURA BUT REAL line of sight to you.
Won’t stop me from saying it should be nerfed to 3 seconds
They also said no mither won’t get a buff. Do you think that’s reasonable?
Yep! exactly this ^
BBQ will NOT be seeing any nerfs and neither will aura reading perks as they are to stay, adapt or die!
All these comments sound a lot like killer main comments
If you know the Killer is running detection perks and you have a hard time Steathing because of it, Loop. If the Killer is running perks that help against Looping (or plays Nurse), learn to Stealth. If they got rid of Looping entirely, by all means, delete BBQ.
You sound like an obviously jaded and angry Survivor player.
The perk is hardmode for survivors
Whats the point of buffing a perk that is suposed to handicap you
Exactly. I don’t think it should be a hard mode perk, that’s a waste of recourses when you can just go perkless. I wish it was an actual good trade off between bonuses and health. Devs VERY commonly say something is 100% done and done, and won’t be changed, but it’s worth a shot, and HAS worked before.
However, where this really gets muddy, is them denying to fix PS4 killers DC’s via closeting application, which deletes all progress in the match, all items, all currencies, and sometimes corrupts files. I don’t care if it’s “uncommon”. Not fixing that is as stupid as ignoring flashlight macro, as it’s basically the killer version, BUT WAY MORE ACCESSIBLE. I’m gonna kick and scream till that’s fixed.
Aura reading should be rare or sparing, but the next patch is stuffing gargantuan amounts of it into the game for both sides. You should be evading and hiding from the killer. The game is taking the "You can run, but you can't hide(, b*tch)" adage too far.
Billy +BBQ. Also, I was told a better nerf that’s more specified at them then just making it 3 seconds. Have aura instantly dissipate upon reaching a certain distance to the survivor, I don’t know, 36m?
OR, Billy sees you and charges to you before the 4 seconds are over, then body block chainsaws you and tries it on the next survivor
When i played surv i mad eit a point to assume that every killer had bbq and acted accordingly. Sometimes hide behind a gen, sometimes i would tbag then move in eratic ways till the 4 seconds were gone and then leave the area, sometimes i would move away in a direction and then come back. I would do anything to make the killer know that i know he has it and i am not going to be anywhere near where he saw me last.
If people are getting hooked one after another either they are not careful enough or the killer is running bbq and the survs are not moving away or being stealthy enough when he does come. Safe bet is to assume they all have it.
Survs cant be pleased. They dont want camping but they want to nerf to one true perk that can allow a killer to leave the friggen hook which is what they want.
THANK YOU God finally someone said it.
Won't be long now before survivors start calling Make you Choice cheap
That's a rare case, but it's been my experience in dealing with Billy's running BBQ that they are only an issue if you are just outside blind spot BBQ has with an open lane between you and the hook. Billy's kinda map dependent anyway, which is a sword that cuts against the killer as much as it cuts against the survivor.
Devs have more or less confirmed in yesterday's stream they don't think BBQ is an issue anyway, even for Nurse and Billy.
I believe that's called a synergy my dude.
With hag buffs MYC is OP and should be nerfed. Have it require 100m distance. Make hat spend 10 minutes setting a trap
Excuse me, I am off to self terminate
The perk's been out for almost a solid year. You've had a lot of time to adapt to it and there's many ways to counter it.
I just love it for the points.
To be completely blunt, when I catch people with BBQ it's almost always because they didn't do anything to counter it. I would see them crouched behind a wall somewhere or running to a gen or another survivor, or something and then I would go there and they would still be there!
Like really I had a guy as p3 Claud, Pale Horse purple myst, hide in a random bush on the FAR FAR side of where I hooked this guy. I saw another close-ish to him so I went in that direction. Then I saw him stand up at a distance, went up to the bush AND HE JUST STAYED THERE. Even though it was obvious I knew he was there because as killer there is no reason for me to go to this part of the map. Walk right up to him and smack him in the face. Caught him quick and hooked him, and it was death hook. I sent him a GG after like I do everyone and he got super salty, called me a try hard (when he was p3 Claud LOL) and all this stuff. I told him maybe next time don't hide in a bush when BBQ goes off then stay there expecting me to just not see you. That only works on idiots.
You can counter BBQ very easily. I do it all the time at rank 1 surv. I've had people completely juke me as killer. It can be done. Just don't play like a moron.
Urban Evasion. Flashlight. Small Game. Hag has been countered.
It would be cool if the polar opposite "We're Gonna Live Forever" Perk did something similar to it
Thoughts?
not necessary its has plenty of counters( complete nullyfiers already)
Even if you try to fake it's really strong on billy
I just suicide on the first hook in most Hillbilly games. No point in wasting my time for another 500~ points over several minutes if I can't be the one sandbagging other survivors for points.
l> @Eninya said:
i mean i still try but i feel
How to deal with BBQ in 2 easy steps:
Be within 40 meters of the hooked survivor.
Crouch behind a gen LOSing the hooked survivor if not within 40 meters.
I don't get how noobs don't realize this. It's the EASIEST perk to counter in the game that tracks.
You should be more pissed off about bitter murmur, it's almost uncounterable.
Billy is FAR from easy to use. Landing chainsaws on good survivors without reduced charge addons ( and the tink nerf ) is pretty difficult without hours of practice.
Bitter murmur is still new since the rework. Wait til more killers use it in combo with a select few perks ( new meta tbh especially for nurse and billy ) and people will be crying for a nerf as much as BBQ.
Hint: Try BM/BBQ/Nurses/Ruin ( or noed depending if you want a strong early game or strong late game ) on the nurse or billy.
It's like having a perma wallhack the entire game. It's great!
At standard killer walking speed it takes somewhere around 10 seconds to run at least 40 meters. Billy's sprint it's around 4 seconds or so, but this is assuming a straight line from A to B. Nurse is faster with double max range addons, but still takes at least 3 seconds ( 2 blinks ).
Bodyblocking has nothing to due with evasion of a tracking perk.
BBQ is fine.