BBQ and Chili

Sorry but all these detection perks for killers make hiding almost not an option. I see the point but still stand by the opinion, don't think it's ever fair to see auras every 2 seconds...Survivor or Killer

Sorry but all these detection perks for killers make hiding almost not an option. I see the point but still stand by the opinion, don't think it's ever fair to see auras every 2 seconds...Survivor or Killer
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If anyone has been watching the Dev streams, you should be really concerned about HillBilly running BBQ&Chili,Bitter Murmur , Enduring, Etc. Ultimate one hitting psychic race car
BBQ is fine. Count 4 seconds, go one direction, then walk the other way and juke. It's not hard
But would it break the perk to add 2 to 3 seconds of time to it, but the drawback is you only have a snapshot of where they were and doesn't show you continued movement. (Thinking something closer to the survivor's scream when playing doctor).
Also I would love to see survivors getting BP, distraction if they were continually hit or being camped as that is what the hanging survivor is doing, being a distraction.
What do you guys think? I don't think it will ever be implemented. (I said in another thread that I don't think any devs, other than NotQueen, even come to the forums to see these ideas)
And if Aura reading is so op, why do survivors not complain about how Knockout nullifies aura reading and no one complains about Bitter Murmur.
This just proves that survivors look for ######### to complain about
BBQ has been shadownerfed. The aura is almost the same as the gen aura. Which makes it really hard to see survivors. I´m not sure why the devs would do that. Since it defeats the purpose of the BBQ aura reading: giving the killer a new target.
Maybe if people stop using BBQ and start to camp more.
Then survivors might appreciate BBQ.
Shadiw nerf my ass. They declared exactly why they did that, it was in patch notes, and was openly discussed on stream. Nerf, yes. It means killers are no longer lying when they say “hide behind a gen” but it wasn’t a SHADOWnerf
40.000 keks under the sea.
If you want it removed, behold the glory days of old, where Killers camped twice as much as present!
People need to stop assuming every survivor they see is part of some elite swf team with comms, we're not. I'd rather take that 1 in 4 chance of being camped while the others got gens done, than that 1 in 3 (or better) chance of getting targeted just because some rng potato I got stuck with in the trial is hooked. Likewise I don't want to penalize the strangers I play with if I happen to be that potato on the hook. Every trial I have to break any rhythm to counter bbq more so than any other perk in existence and that gets old.
Stops camping? No, it justifies it if the killer doesn't see all auras they assume someone is close by and will camp/patrol even harder, or if they do see all auras. they get an idea if their hook is safe for awhile and about when they should wander back in time to greet the unhook. Basically what I hear when people say camping will happen more if bbq wasn't around, is that most killers are just bad at the job.
tl;dr The big beef I have with bbq is it penalizes me for someone else's fail.
Survivors are just people with a common goal, NOT A TEAM. -devs around same time they said camping is ok
Leader Perk - “You are able to organize a team to cooperate more efficiently.”
Thats literally just the first two perks, of just Dwight. Teamwork has always been defined as “A group of individuals working together toward a common goal.”
Like it or not, you’re on a team. The only question is if you a *good* or *bad* “Team Player”. It’s the justification used for SWF as well. Deal with it.
I didn't like it at first but now I'm not bothered by it whatsoever as I've learnt and adapted and can beat it easily
@SovererignKing
I don’t care about a single thing said unless you think it can supersede the devs, but in that case camping would be thrown into the crosshairs of questionable ideas, and killers would hate that I’m sure.
Then why are you guys still complain about BBQ if it already has been openly nerfed?
Exactly! They should bring infinite’s back too. Camping is killing this game
Bring infinites back?!
I've seen survivors complain that Freddy is pay2win. That camping is bannable and that nurse is to easy.
what? lol may i ask how it's unfair to hide and make it a challenge for the killer to find the survivors?
People just don't like the killer hooking someone, then coming right to them.
THey just don't like that idea... too bad.
It is one of the best killer perks. If the killer hooks all 4.. (aka not tunnelling so much) then he gets 2x for that match.
And like others have said... there's several ways to counter it. Relax. ENjoy the game and stop crying.
sounds like they don't like taking the time to actually look ?
make less sense?
yep, you have some point
actually its better at camping, cause let me know i have to camp or not
Yes that's what people should understand, it's meant to take away campers but it actually just let's them know if they should camp or not while giving them even more bloodpoints
So you would prefer that the devs remove BBQ.
What is you opinion on Insidious? Because once the devs remove BBQ, you´ll find way more Insidious users.
It’s weird how you’re using camping as a shield. Does that mean you think its a bad thing? I just want muh stealth
Not using it as a shield. He thinks BBQ should be removed, because it gives campers more points. Ignoring that it heavily reduced camping.
Oh, in that case yeah I agree. I just want that one second chipped off, it’d make the difference of the world. Removing its #########. Just buff WGLF if it having 2 effects is funky. Seriously.... buff WGLF, getting stacks is like getting STD’s
It's obviously a meme, yeah removing it would be funny but obviously wouldn't happen i want it nerfed.
All that tells me as killer with BBQ is that one or more survs are within saving range. Meaning i go nowhere from the hook thereby promoting camping yourself. If you are within 40 meters which is very close then you are coming for the unhook. Tell me why i should go? Cos of your twisted rules that state that i have to go to the other side of the map when i slap somebody on the hook?
Think about it please.
Some people use the perk to make the game smoother but i hope the devs take into consideration that the detection perks overall need to be weak. Otherwise it takes the point of the game away
Detecting perks are literally the most needed thing when setting up perks for killers though. Whispers is good but innacurate Spies from the shadows can be good but only works 80% of the time. BBQ is accurate and why is BBQ so bad when perks like bitter murmur let you see survivors for 9 or so seconds when the last gen is powered like seriously it can be devastating with NOED but no one talks about it. Im not sure what survivors want they go after one perk because its used more and affective not knowing that without those perks killer would be nearly impossible.

They are trying to buff Bitter Murmur which makes other killers like the Hill Billy too strong. He's a big enough issue with pace and using BBQ. He's a one hitting race car and nobody gets to earn points and the match goes too fast and he also just get's a permanent Bloody Party Streamer. That's in a different topic, overall you do not NEED detection perks like that, Survivors get to use the Key's powers to see aura. I don't even want the dark sense buff.
Killers don't need all these aura perks as i explained i think it makes hillbilly too strong
Yes, it doesn't matter in most cases with Billy and or nurse, you ever been body blocked by a billy?
Nope, because he's picking up the other dumbasses and will go after those instead. And even if he does patrol, somebody can pressure him away doing a gen. The aura shows up for only 4 seconds, and the hook will take 1 to 2 minutes depending on the stage for the person to die. That's plenty of time to bore or pressure the killer away from the hook.
Unless the killer is running Knock Out (most don't), you know whereabouts the hook will be eventually. This gives you time to position yourself behind a gen, or put some obstacles between you and the killer when the hook is done.
And if they do run knock out? Or third seal? Or any thing like that? BBQ just becomes wall hack on billy?
You're not calculating how fast billy and nurse can zip to you before you can even do anything
Most of the time, I have line of sight to the survivor at about 2 seconds of BBQ ending, that’s complete #########. There’s no way to “mind game” if I see you by the time aura is over.
and you can always hide behind a generator
Bbq doesnt need to be removed because you were unlucky once
“BNP’s and insta heals don’t need a nerf cuz you got unlucky and had 4 in a single game”