STOP CHANGING STUFF THAT I PURCHASED WITH REAL MONEY

I'm just not understanding how this is even legal. Like, I understand developers patching the game, adding new mechanics, etc... but for heavens sake please stop changing items that I purchased with real money (i.e MoM) You sold the item to be one thing, then you changed it afterwards. There really should be a policy or limit on how long items for sell can go before initial changes can be made on them. How about 90 days???

Now you're changing cosmetics, really BHVR???!!! This isn't a good strategy to get a trusted player base, especially those who support the game. I purchased some brown Claudette pant, and now they're practically white. WHY?!!!

Comments

  • I hate that Claudette camo is a thing but I do agree that changing a dark brown color to practically white is a dick move especially on a paid cosmetic. You can brighten up the colors without making it damn near a stark white.

  • Funny how everyone's complayining about Blendettes for example and then say "It's a horror game and you should be scared and try to hide, play sneaky instead of looping the killer!" Like, I understand that it's frustrating to get a sneaky Blendette, but please don't tell me in the next sentences that it's a horror game and I should hide and be scared..

    As for changing cosmetics; I'm on your side.. They changed my Ace shirt from a red to an ugly brown for literally no reason.. never touching that outfit or character again.

  • Read the policy you signed. And stop thosr meaningless complains.

  • @PinkEricka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/547678#Comment_547678

    @MegaWaffle no one reads the term of service.

    this is my time to shine. this is my time to vouch for this guy.

    I read the Terms and Services before AND after the changes.

    I also read any contract I am agreeing to in full before signing anything, it is just common sense. People not having common sense won't hold up as valid argument in a court of law should you ever find yourself there over a contract dispute.

  • @CeeJaylx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/547678#Comment_547678

    Terms of Service/User Agreements are usually ignored in video games because it's to protect the company, and not the players. Although I understand the legalities behind BHVR TOS; your sarcasm is still unwarranted.

    I fail to see where I wrote sarcasm.

    I read all my contracts before signing them. It is basic common sense.

  • Buy a cosmetic, a specific look, then receive no refund when the look changes. Trustworthy.

  • @PinkEricka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/547678#Comment_547678

    @MegaWaffle no one reads the term of service.

    this is my time to shine. this is my time to vouch for this guy.

    But it's there. You choose to not read it, you choose to be surprised by things they addressed.

  • I'm just not understanding how this is even legal. Like, I understand developers patching the game, adding new mechanics, etc...

    Just dont buy stuff from BHVR. Problem solved.

  • the people complaining about a MoM nerf or blendette being less invisible are probably not the people BHVR should be catering to anyway

  • They cater to the group of players that cry the loudest. And killer forum has 2x the amount of posts than survivor lol.

    Anyway.

    This move has shown BHVR not to be trusted with your money as you can't reliably trust them to let you keep what you paid for. OP or not.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/548093#Comment_548093

    I just pointed out that the TOS/User agreement-argument is wrong at least for the EU. If that goes against law, you are screwed and it doesn't matter what is written in it as they become nullified. Sry games companies like Ubisoft had to learn it with cheaters for example, they banned people and didn't want to give out the data... well they had to. I used an exaggeration to make it blatantly clear to give you an example for TOS/User agreement contradicting with your normal rights to show that they can write it but it has no legal binding whatsoever.

    Yes yes, new content and balance... why does it come out this way in the first place? Sorry was it a big surprise the perk would have such an impact on various killers. I would have to look into as how far that already tarnishes grounds for fraudulent deceit but it isn't far from it.

    Just to see a recap, they made a dlc, with a perk that was used by almost every survivor who bought it. Left it in the state it was in yet even tho many people complained about it and said hey balancewise that is just a really really bad idea. Nvm sell it, then change it to something else. They baited people into buyin it, no idea why this has to be discussed or that it is anti-customer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/548108#Comment_548108

    That is quite the bold statement as diffrent courts, diffrent rules.

    Sorry I don't understand why some of you imply that me or other people complaining about such stuff don't want a balanced game? I just want them to think things through before they release stuff. I don't even mean release it to ptb but to think things through on a concept level. This would increase credibility and make a good name, no instead rather release stuff borderline broken no matter the impact on balance, get money and then change it lol.

    Actually the EU rules don't matter when it comes to things like this as an ever changing product such as can forever change in reality.

    You bought something with the understanding that it can change at anytime for the sake of balance so you had a choice, choosing to buy it knowing this is on the consumer not the seller as they were informed before the purchase.

    Speak to a lawyer and they will Inform you on your rights but you will find out it's not what you want to hear.

  • @jeyers said:

    They cater to the group of players that cry the loudest. And killer forum has 2x the amount of posts than survivor lol.

    Anyway.

    This move has shown BHVR not to be trusted with your money as you can't reliably trust them to let you keep what you paid for. OP or not.

    Yeah it's not like there's a record of Killers being altered after release or anything







    Oh wait.

    Not everything has to be Killer vs Survivor you know.

  • You didn't buy any cosmetics btw.

    You bought licenses to wear them.

    They're still BHVR's cosmetics.

1 2 ›