So I tried Soul at Stake....
And it's complete garbage! Another bully the killer simulator and this time, you're slower than the survi... I mean Gamblers so if they find that sweet tree or grouped up tables, you'l never catch them! Btw did you know that the gamblers can go invisible? >.> What is up with asymmetrical horror games and making the killer a joke? I don't understand this at all. But at least teh devs of this game are beginning to balance it out so yay I guess lol
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I KNOW! Like seriously? Tyde must be losing it or something lol
Basically the same thing as DbD except the Killers are actually worse. Although the only thing it does better are the moris but that's only if that survivor is a complete noob or idiot that you even get to do the mori lol
It's a pretty bad game honestly looks like it's from the early 00's.
Chinese copy of DbD that throws in some F13th elements and makes Killers total #########.
That's probably because he has long been fed up with DbD and is just looking for something similar to jump ship to.
I haven't played it, just saw some videos and I have to say I like the idea that people take inspiration of DbD and try to make their own take on it. That's quite normal within the games industry and necessary for development.
Sadly it seems very unbalanced in it's current state. Looks like a lot of work has to be done to balance it out.
The title had a question mark at the end. And he even talked about the flaws of the game and how obviously it's inspired by DbD. Besides that explaining it's gameplay elements
From what I heard, the game isn't so much "inspired by" DbD as it is "stolen from" DbD.
TydeTyme also thinks Shape is on the same tier level as Nurse, so its not like he had it in the first place.
What did they stole? The unbalance? DbD still has it. So it can't be stolen.
Really, taking game mechanics, gameplay mechanics from other games is quite common. Just look into the online shooter genre. Or into Mobas, Soulslikes etc.
Like said. It's obviously inspired by DbD. But it isn't a blant copy like certain mobile games. Gameplay is quite different in the way kills, the gen objective work, it's gamble theme, etc. Even the base kit of killers is different.
Basically, survivors do have infinite dead hard, are faster than the killer and can turn invisible/insta-heal with items.
The whole point of the killer is to use some surprise factors to get survivors. If they ever introduce Gamble with Friends in the game, it will be done.
It actually already looks very clunky and not very satisfying. Only the character "designs" are great, but the animations and sounds are rather terrible.
I haven't played it myself, I'm just stating what I've heard. I'm glad it's not the case.
Honestly I don't like it. It incorporates too many F13 mechanics into what is essentially a DbD clone, and overall the gameplay seems really slow.
The only thing I like is how the cardholders are filled, since it doesn't require just to hold m1 and hit a skillcheck/qte, but you need to find the right parts/cards. If something similar was introduced for gens in DbD (like it was asked since a lot of time, actually) it could spice things up.
Certain streamers are on literal 100+ game win streaks, but they probably have an inkling as to how the game and its mechanics work.
I'm not a big fan of the theme the game Soul At Stake has but admittedly I like how killers can execute survivors when they are below a certain bleedout percentage. Also all killers have the option to teleport to shrines which is another thing I thought was interesting with how they executed it.
Aside from that I liked how everyone is in third person and survivors camera position always stayed to where their character is facing. Not saying anything about the state of the game but seeing these mechanics in another very similar game makes me wonder what DBD would be with these features. Specially the mori thing.
Tyde didn't say ######### ALL ABOUT IT BEING BETTER THAN DBD. We were talking in Discord and he said how ######### hilariously stupid that people assumed he was saying "Come play this game it's better!". He's said many times on stream while playing the game that it wasn't as good as DBD and it had even more problems. Straw-manning is the stupidest thing ever.
Now that that is out of the way, yes, it is a bad game. Probably another example of an Eastern dev team just trying to get in on the success of a previous game.
One shot killer potential? Yeah, totally underwhelming.
Even Huntress is ######### when you combat her with DS, SB, BT and WMI. Seriously.
Such is the problem with clickbait titles.
I watched Marth's stream yesterday (I like Marth quite a bit and enjoy watching killer streams) but since the whole Hatch fiasco it seems that he just really want's to ######### on DBD. They won't let it go, can't accept their mistake. He seemed to say how great the game was as well etc.. I think they just want to push anything but DBD at the moment.
Hmmm I heard him say he would be streaming a lot more of it. I had it on in the background so maybe he was being sarcastic. My mistake then.
Oh did I? I don't remember saying that what so ever.
The title isn't really a clickbait. It shows you a game that could potentially replace DBD. The problem is it sucks and the title actually asks you since you know... its a ? at the the end. So since you can answer the question yourself the title fits perfectly.
This thread has been moved to Off topic forum.
Excellently answered.
I do aplogise. I am too passionate an individual. I'll try and remember to say my thoughts more calmly and less anatgonisingly in the future
Oh my I do? Tell me how you come to this conclusion because I don't remember saying that. Ever. Man in one thread I've seen some children place words in my mouth left and right. Wonder if I'll get a reply
Rebound OP, PLS nerf!
thats how they market games now.... whichever side requires the most players (survivors/gamblers/whatever), they make it fun and easy to play.... whichever side requires fewer players, they make them weaker and more difficult to generate less interest.... if killer was fun and easy, there would be less lobbies.... as it stands, there will always be 4 survivors laughing and ready to play and there will always be one killer thats not quite miserable enough to throw in the towel....
That IS how clickbait works. The idea is to get you interested in the content even if the title does not accurately describe it. There's even a law for news headlines with question marks. Namely, that the answer is most often "No", because the person who wrote it knows they have nothing and just want to get people to read the article.
I actually watch your content, so I'd remember something like that. Will re-watch the video just in case though.
But the title of his video is asking a question and the actual video is answering it. (Or people are answering it by themselves). Therefore, it's not a clickbait.
@TydeTyme @JammyJewels
yes. i remember it to be add-on related as well.... not as a base killer but with a proper loadout and map....
Yes, it's only a title meant to pique people's curiosity to the point they'll feel compelled to watch his content.
Tell me again how that's not the definition of "clickbait".
Your mistake was thinking that Soul at Stake is like Dead by Daylight.
Bells are OP as ######### in that game.
In this one they're a meme.
I never tried to play it like DbD. It's supposed to be a sneak up and hit kind of game but the Gamblers have unlimited Dead Hard so screw that tactic too
If someone was putting words in your mouth and misleading others to think of you as being an idiot wouldn't you get a bit miffed?
I ######### hate that logic. "Oh, I put a question mark in the title, so that removes ANY and ALL traces of clickbait!" Like, no the hell it does not. If anything, it makes it more clickbait because it's screaming at you to click on a video with ninety-nine percent of the time no payoff or anything that actually provides an answer or even harbors discussion to the "question" in title.
FACE REVEAL?
I SLEPT WITH MY MOM?
1000 DEGREE KNIFE VS HUMAN SKIN?
NEW DEAD BY DAYLIGHT?
I mean, it technically is the newest Dead By Daylight, being almost a carbon copy with small differences, therefore new version
You may rip into me now
It's not a clickbait, it has some good mechanics that DBD could learn from it
Like the camera restrictions, playing survivors on this game is actually scary cuz you can't see things behind you. a true horror games
Dead by Daylight should have incorporated it from launch, it's such an amazing feature, the game is truly scary and thrilling
You hate basic logic? True shame. See this is where ignornace and arrogance steps in. You really can't change what something is to fit your personal ideal and agenda. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it isn't true.
Clickbait is when the title/thumbnail contains material that is not necessarily in the content itself. Example would be a lady's breasts and you get Minecraft gameplay.
The content was absolutely in the video that answers the question. Because I made the title a question instead of a statement drastically alters what it means. So yes it does remove any and all traces of click bait since the title is answered in the video. That answer was No if you missed it lol.
TL:DR Yes that "?" absolutely changed it from a statement of clickbait to a question that is answered by the video itself.
Nope just clarifying misinformation. You're welcome