Every game killer tunnels one guy
Last 2 days, every game, rank 2 survivor. Killer tunnels the first guy he finds TO DEATH. Then he does it to the next one, and the next one, and so on. I can understand when a killer feels the need to play defensive or secure a kill if they are behind, but this has been right at the start of the EVERY game, when 0 gens are done and Ruin is still up. I've even unhooked someone with Borrowed Time, TOOK A HIT, and the killer stills tunnels the guy on the hook. Mind you I'm injured before BT even procs on the other guy. I'm literally saying to the killer "chase me instead" but no, they flat out ignore me. Sometimes they slug me and don't come back.
This kind of bull ######### needs to stop. Killers need to stop defending this type of behavior. It takes absolutely NO skill but is so insanely rewarding to the killer if survivors are not optimal (which is like 95% of the player base). Then those same killers call "gen rush" when they get that actually is optimal and try to make themselves look like the victims. I'm not saying killers have it easy, I play killer too I know it can be frustrating. But dear God in heaven, CHASE OTHER PEOPLE. Just commit to the chase you coward. Stop hovering around every single hook, stopping hitting someone else to start a chase only to immediately run back to the hook once you get them outside of 30m.
The devs need to balance survivors, but they also need to make it so that killers can not play like absolute trash and get rewarded as much as they do. Killers should be REWARDED for playing offensively, and PUNISHED for playing defensively. Do that and playing killer will not be as frustrating, and then survivors don't have to deal with this kind of bull ######### every game and have no way to stop it.
Comments
While tunneling is still tactical and viable, the most efficient way should not be the most effortless way. In fact, the most efficient way to any game should take the most effort and should be hard, quite frankly.
When I play Killer, I simply don't enjoy "hanging around" just to make sure someone stays dead, and you all say you do? What's fun is chasing people and hooking them as much as you can, not ensuring every survivor gets 3 hooks by tunneling the crap out of them. I just don't see how that's enjoyable.
Anyway, valid as tunneling is, we still question your abilities and skill if you were to not use that strat.
Basically, instead of getting upset at killers for doing their job, make losing more fun!
Yeah the argument just doesn't make any sense cause it is off of an emotion..
Obsession?
Have a flashlight?
tbag?
Have a name like JesusLizard666?
Get tunneled kid at the expense of me not pipping
dontcarekiddo
millennialsaretheworst
This doesn't really change anything for what the OP is wishing for..
This is where you are wrong. You can quantify skill. You can compare the amount of skill needed to achieve A to the skill needed to achieve B. If A takes more skill than B but B is more effective/rewarding, then more people will do B and be labeled as better than players that do A by the game.
If a character in a fighting game had a move that could take down your entire life bar, would you define it as skill that they could do a single fireball input and win? Even if it can be beaten by picking another character or playing in a very specific way, and that choice does not even consistently work? That's basically what this is.
Look you can pretend camping/tunneling takes skill all you want but the fact is it doesn't. Anyone can chase 1 person and eventually catch them if they were that determined. As far as counter strategies, the only option you have when a killer does this is do gens. That's it, and it actually does nothing to stop the guy from dying so you still lose the benevolence points. If even 1 other survivor takes the bait, or even just gets caught late game, you simply will not pip unless you did 3 gens by yourself. Killers are abusing this, forcing players to safety or depip by preventing them from making saves.
The only possible reason I can see players defending this is that they use it themselves and cannot get a kill otherwise. You defend it because you know it's easy and effective and you don't want that to go away. No one ever wants their character nerfed in Overwatch but guess what, the character has some broken mechanics that allow for easy and effective tactics. DBD needs the devs to actually address camping/tunneling, and then looping/SWF on survivors side. I don't know exactly how they can do it, but I am saying they just need to find a way to make it not so rewarding to do, however that comes about. It can stay an easy tactic, easy tactics are a thing in games, it just shouldn't also be the most effective because that combo is a problem.
You can easily find peoples opinions about a game online like any other game. That doesn't justify how fun it is for people in general. Some people won't like certain games and so will you. You clearly don't like this game as much as you used to, so you have your right to say the game isn't as fun. The game is fun for me cause I play a certain way to were the best outcomes come out of it.
Goes on about how killers shouldn't play defensively because it isn't as fun when fun is still subjective to an emotion that can only be experienced by the player it self and no one else. What about the new players that have never played the game.? What about you when you started playing? Clearly you had to play the game to figure out what strategies work better. New players can't and casual players play for their enjoyment.
Toxicity is in every game and you don't have to read any post game or anything about the game if you don't want to. Casual players don't care about forums or youtube videos. They care about playing the game once in a while to have fun. Fun is subjective to the person playing.
I don't know why you brought esports into the conversation cause DBD is NOT and esports title/game. Games that I like are different from games you would like. Just because it has esports in the title doesn't make it a "more fun" gaming experience..
no worries. once you git gud, all these tunnelling and camping problems will fade away.
Apparently I am the only killer to find camping fun.
Also the only survivor who enjoys being camped as long as my teammates know how to work them gens
If it wouldn't take survivors 3 minutes to finish all gens, then the killer might go easier on the survivors. But on high ranks? By the time he hooked the first one, 3 gens are done.
Hope you don't mind my exception. But Freddy is basically required to tunnel because of his low defensive abilities. For any other killer, just do gens you will be able to do 4 gens within the time your teammate dies assuming 3 survivors r on gens and the teammate struggles but doesn't attempt.
Lol... If a killer doesn't play that way then he losses pretty hard. You say you play killer, yet it doesn't sound like it. Every game is stressful to the max, meanwhile as survivor you're like, yea whatever I'm going to chill. The game for killers is literally heartbeat pumping 90% towards the limit, with every second ticking down and you feeling the momentum slip away. Its a stressful role and the tunnel has to happen or you lose your momentum and then you get bullied by the nonsense. You want the killer to give you each 3 hooks which is 12 lives or 16 if you include DS... Yea wonder if they'd ever win.
Yeah tunnel is ######### but I prefer tunneling a person and get momentum then getting tbagged by 4 people @ the exit gates.
I do play plenty killer. In fact up until last month I was a Freddy main, and I've been as high as rank 7 killer. I KNOW how annoying the game can be for killers. And guess what? I still don't tunnel or camp hooks. I leave to find another survivor. I take the risk. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I get kills, sometimes I don't. And with emblems being easy AF to earn as killer, I've had many games where I pip without actually killing anyone (just like I can pip as survivor even if I die).
Killers have no excuse to tunnel except that they are bad and cannot get pips/kills any other way. The game being frustrating is no reason to play like complete ass because you are desperate. And playing Freddy is absolutely frustrating, especially when the gates are opened and you hook someone knowing they will just get immediately unhooked and will probably make it out the door before you can get them again. That sucks, but I don't deserve the kills because I played poorly and made a lot of mistakes. I can accept that.
Not to mention, if you look at GOOD killers like Marth and True they consistently will body 4 man SWF teams without camping or tunneling. They do what you are supposed to do as killer; keep survivors busy with map pressure. They don't just take the easy way (which True himself says it is, go watch the video) because they aren't scrub killers.
Like I said above I play Freddy, I know the plight. The fact he has "low defensive abilities" means he actually SHOULD NOT tunnel/camp. I only ever tunnel/camp if I use Dying Light, and sometimes Remember Me if I find the obsession late in the game. Otherwise I hook someone, look at my BBQ and go away from the hook, because you can't defend it. I see Freddy's tunnel all the time and they end up losing because it's not actually the best way to play him. You have to know how to juggle multiple survivors in DW as Freddy to be most effective. You have to know how to move around the map to not give away you exact location (that means walking in the empty rows between corn if/when possible).
The problem is, some killers rely on tunneling to have a decent shot because time is constantly against them. I don't get mad at killers for tunneling, just like I don't get mad at survivors for looping. The problem is the design of this game promotes this play style. Gens get done too quick so killers need to do whatever it takes to buy themselves time. Survivors don't get rewarded much for stealth and wasting the killer's meager time is the best way to get out alive. And because of poor map design, looping can be done with ease, which takes risk out of playing distraction.
I think the issue is that people play for different reasons. I've balanced my hours between killer and survivor. As a killer, I dont have to 4k to have fun. I could even get no kills, but 2 hook everybody, and if it felt like a decent challenge, I'll have fun so long as the survivors are good sports. As survivor, it is nice to survive, but I have no problem being altruistic and letting somebody else escape with myself dying in their place. But plenty of killers do not enjoy chases. Several killers, if they don't 4k, feel the game is not fun. And it is their right to feel this way, even if others don't agree with it. Just like survivors don't have fun unless they survive. I understand the desire to tunnel if your goal is to 4k every match. But as a survivor, I don't enjoy being tunneled. It is not fun for me at all. It isn't fun for either side. In terms of killers thinking survivors should just "git gud" and escape or play stealthy to evade the killer and that looping shouldn't exist, the game isn't designed for this. If you go in the corn field and don't use any windows or pallets, every killer in this game can catch the survivor easily. The loops are needed for survivor to put a challenge to the killer. If you don't want the challenge of chasing a survivor, then simply say so. But this game does not encourage survivors to play stealthy, and it certainly isn't designed for survivors to outrun the killer and get away without using obstacles. I fully agree that tunneling is annoying, and although isn't lacking of skill, certainly takes less skill than chasing a healthy survivor and downing before all 4 gens are done. This is the spark of the hunt. If I as killer wanted lambs for the slaughter, I would turn on my xbox and play destroy all humans. But I want a challenge, so I play this game instead. But for those killers who do defend the tunnel, I would hope you do your best to set yourself in the survivor's shoes and see how fun it is when you get unhooked, and the killer runs right by the person who saved you, who would be an easy hit, and instead go right for you, not allowing you to even play the match.
They have to tunnel at high rank or they lose the game
first hook 2 /3 gens done, second hook 1 gen left/ all gens done
3 minutes in, Ruin active, 4 gens done as seen in here, no hook yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh17g7TIhU0&t=13s
survivors have 3 lives, if killer don't camp/tunnel at high rank how can they win? This needs reworked ofc, its toxic but they had no choice
Define winning. There is no specified win conditions of this game for either game. Either you survied or you died. Either entity is disappointed, or you are one of 3 different killer adjectives. Tru3 as a killer main would have known to abandon that loop and chase somebody else. The issue isn't the loop, but that generators need to take longer.
Let me get this right according to you.
The Killer has hit you once and you are hurt, and vulnerable, the other guy is hurt and has a sort of shield on him that allows him to ignore a hit. That would make the other guy the HARDER target. One more hit you are down and two more hits to down the other guy.
And you claim this way is the NO SKILL way of doing things? The Killer has chosen to hunt the tougher prey ... NO SKILL!!!!
When will survivors like yourself just accept that the logical and best way to play that situation is to kill the guy that has already been hooked. Sure it doesn't take into consideration the unwritten survivor game play rules, but F' those anyway.
And if you look at it from the Killer side, if you are running BT and are unhooking with him right near by, then chances are you are banking on being a good juker. Why risk chasing you all over the map, when he already knows exactly the juking skills of the person he already hooked?
Please stop confusing intelligent play with having NO SKILL. Because if the Killer did exactly what you think is SKILLFUL play, he would open himself up for many unknowns, possibly ones that could cost him the entire match.
The only part you got right is that the guy I just saved is a less optimal target, and where you are wrong is that THE KILLER STILL GOES AFTER THEM. They should chase me, but they don't, and this is my point. This is what I talk about when killers tunnel, they ignore obvious opportunities to get more survivors but they never take them.
Maybe read my posts again because you clearly don't understand my argument.
I read your post, you should try reading it as someone who plays both sides. It is in the Killers favour to KILL someone outright , and do it quickly. Allowing 4 survivors to run around unchecked is not smart play. The only way the Killer should be chasing you is if they have "Make Your Choice" on. Otherwise its smart play to tunnel the already hooked guy. The only people it doesn't make sense to are you survivors who think that the Killer is obligated to chase and hook everyone twice before they start killing people.
dood I do not disagree with the fact camping/tunneling is the optimal strat. What I'm saying is that it is TOO EASY and gives TOO MUCH REWARD, and that is a huge problem.
If you look at any game worth playing on a competitive level (which optimal play basically is), you'd notice some things about defensive tactics. First thing is that NO ONE LIKES DEFENSIVE TACTICS. Most game communities frown on this type of play because it ruins the spirit of the game and is very frustrating to deal with. Shooting games hate campers. FGC hates turtling. No where in gaming are defensive tactics seen as good. BUT in the competitive games, players also understand that these tactics are sometimes necessary (though if you are engaging in them that's usually a sign you are losing not winning). There is also the factor of skill input versus reward output. If skill input is very low (ie. it's easy) then the reward output is usually very low. This is where most general defensive tactics in games fall, again if you are doing it that means you are probably losing. But the reward output can also be high so long as the skill input is very high. Overwatch is a good example of this when you are the team on defense, as it is generally the more difficult position to be in and only teams with high skill can successfully defend the point (or at the very least, if they can defend the point with more skill than the opponent did on defense they stand a higher chance of winning).
But in DBD a killer can camp/tunnel (which is easy) which just so happens to also be the superior strategy. Not only are you putting in very little effort you are getting a rather significant reward. Either the reward needs to be less, or the skill needs to be more.
I agree with killer camping and tunneling. I am a survivor main and I go with the mentality that if you are downed, you are dead. Have you ever see an actual human that take a heavy hit from a sharp object and hook on through body and still alive running to waste killer time? I mean, come on, stop crying and actually git gud.