Every game killer tunnels one guy
Last 2 days, every game, rank 2 survivor. Killer tunnels the first guy he finds TO DEATH. Then he does it to the next one, and the next one, and so on. I can understand when a killer feels the need to play defensive or secure a kill if they are behind, but this has been right at the start of the EVERY game, when 0 gens are done and Ruin is still up. I've even unhooked someone with Borrowed Time, TOOK A HIT, and the killer stills tunnels the guy on the hook. Mind you I'm injured before BT even procs on the other guy. I'm literally saying to the killer "chase me instead" but no, they flat out ignore me. Sometimes they slug me and don't come back.
This kind of bull ######### needs to stop. Killers need to stop defending this type of behavior. It takes absolutely NO skill but is so insanely rewarding to the killer if survivors are not optimal (which is like 95% of the player base). Then those same killers call "gen rush" when they get that actually is optimal and try to make themselves look like the victims. I'm not saying killers have it easy, I play killer too I know it can be frustrating. But dear God in heaven, CHASE OTHER PEOPLE. Just commit to the chase you coward. Stop hovering around every single hook, stopping hitting someone else to start a chase only to immediately run back to the hook once you get them outside of 30m.
The devs need to balance survivors, but they also need to make it so that killers can not play like absolute trash and get rewarded as much as they do. Killers should be REWARDED for playing offensively, and PUNISHED for playing defensively. Do that and playing killer will not be as frustrating, and then survivors don't have to deal with this kind of bull ######### every game and have no way to stop it.
Comments
When you are reaching rank 4, killers are becoming trash/bad/weak. I'm not saying that for all of them, but mostly. Tunneling, camping, addon abuse like instant hatchet huntress, 4 blinks nurse... This is realy frequent. Ofc people can play what they want, but all games is just ruining the gameplay of survivors, and i dont see any fun as killer to play a 5 minutes game. That's why rank dont mean that you are skilled.
No, Killers will not play in a way that benefits you just so you're not punished for your mistakes. Adapt or die. Your choice.
Same with survivors. Adapt or get looped.
Explain how to counter looping. Not mitigate its effects, but actually counter it.
Exactly
hag, nurse or don't chase them.
So, play two Killers or let Survivors go free every single game. I hope the other guy understands why the situations are not even remotely comparable.
What mistake? That I want to save the guy and have an actual game? One were everyone gets chased, does some gens, maybe someone escapes. I've had games where I escaped Iri Unbroken through the gate, only because the killer REFUSED TO CHASE ME. Instead he just sat by the hook. I'm fine losing my Iri emblem if it means people play the game. I made no mistakes, I played perfectly. I pipped, or even double pipped. NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE IT WAS A ######### GAME. I'd rather get chased, hooked, have things come down to the wire. I want to have fun playing the game. Sitting there watching a killer just sit on the hook, knowing the only thing you can do is gens (even if you have BT killers don't seem to care), and just pressing a button all game to escape but forced to let at least 1 other survivor die is not fun.
If you play like this I have no sympathy for you as a killer. I respect killers that don't camp/tunnel every hook, especially because those killers tend to ACTUALLY BE GOOD AT THE GAME AND GET 4k'S. Killers that tunnel/camp are 95% of the time absolute garbage at the game.
Except this doesn't actually happen. Most killers run BBQ, and there is no difference in tunneling/camping between those that have it and those that don't. Rank doesn't matter either. Rank 20, 15, 10, 5, 1. The only common dinominator for tunnel/camp and not is the killer ACTUALLY being good. Bad killers consistently tunnel/camp. Good killers do not. Bad killers barely 2k in the most unfun games ever. Good killers 3k or 4k and the game was actually fun to play.
Also you can 1 or 2 hook everyone, with all 4 escaping, and still pip as killer. So needing to kill as a way to rank is not an excuse for your behavior anymore.
BTW as far as "git gud" I'm rank 1 survivor. Like I said I escape and pip these games, but it's not fun. And I've been as high as rank 7 killer WITH FREDDY, so you can't tell me ######### about how unfair it can be for killer. I know how unfair it can be for killer, trust me. I still don't resort to playing like a punk at the start of every game because not every survivor is being a troll. I'll give them a chance to have a fun game and try to kill them all.
What survivors do to you doesn't change the fact that camping/tunneling is bull #########. Both sides need fixing, I'm not claiming otherwise. Killers don't ever seem to comprehend this though when a survivor brings up these problems. They just dismiss it and say "well you do X to me!" Doesn't make either of theme acceptable.
Benefits to tunneling:
Cons to tunneling someone:
Benefits to not tunneling someone:
Cons to not tunneling someone:
Benefits to camping:
Cons to camping:
Benefits to not camping:
Cons to not camping:
- You can be forced to go to other pallet-dense parts of the map in chases away from where you caught the first guy.
Tunneling and camping are actually really effective in this meta, honestly.
it actually does as it shows there is little else in their "possession of tools".
I don't care about the emblem or the BP is my point, I want to have a fun game. I don't disagree that the game needs to go on longer, but it's no excuse to play like a complete jerk every single game. When you defend this behavior you are basically saying the game should reward bad killers that play like cowards and refuse to try playing more aggressively.
Only a handful of top tier killers such as Nurse and Hillbilly have the potential to play catch and release 12 times in a row. Most killers are weak, far weaker than competent survivors, and they need to eliminate a player as quickly as possible. Tunneling sucks but the game's balance mandates it.
On the old system this would be an excuse, but killers can pip without killing a single survivor. I know I've done it. Not saying it was the most fun game, but they all got away and I still pipped.
So give me another excuse because that doesn't fly anymore.
No one cares about pips. If anything killers don't want to pip. Survivors don't want to either because once they get to high rank it's the same killers (both the character and the player) over and over and over again. A pip is not a win, and a pip is not necessarily fun.
Now keep that in mind and read what you just said.
You're flat out contradicting yourself. You just want killers to handicap themselves for your enjoyment.
It's almost as if Killers need to do this stuff at better to ranks to compensate for overwhelming power of the better ranked survivors. This has just become common knowledge at this point.
There is nothing contradictory about it dude, because a fun game is one where everyone has fun and doesn't need to grind against pure nonsense tactics. You can kill everyone and not camp hooks if you are actually a good killer. You seem to be missing that point. Also the fact I let killers get free hits so they chase me preeeeettttty much means I'm handicapping myself. And sometimes when killer takes the bait I have escaped. Sometimes I don't and they hook me. But if you are seriously going to play the "I'm handicapping myself card" note that I literally throw myself at killers because I want them to not tunnel. I'm giving them the hit and the chase to show them it's not necessary.
Yet another idiot that doesn't read! Guess you missed the part where I said I pip/double pip/escape from these killers just fine. BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THE GAME WAS FUN TO PLAY. In fact it makes me want to delete it from my HDD and go to something else because it's, again NOT FUN
The game is fundamentally set up in such a way that it isn't possible for everyone to have fun. If you died, you probably got tunneled, depipped, got almost no points and generally didn't have fun. If the killer didn't kill anyone, then he obviously isn't going to have fun because he wasn't a threat at any point in the match.
RemoveSWF, the reason survivors don't do generators is that the bloodpoint and ranking systems force you to do unhooks if you want to profit. A match where you rush the generators and get out while the killer camps may as well be a loss.
SNIP
No to understand who is good at the game you get chased by them. Good killers catch you quickly, or make the chase REALLY hard. Bad killers swing and miss constantly, get 360'd very easy, or just flat out lose you. I can tell how good a killer is but how well they chase me and keep map pressure. Being good at the game doesn't mean you always win. It means you know how to win. There is a difference.
Bad killers put someone on the hook and either flat out stay there or "patrol" by walking to look at the nearest gen but immediately come right back. Bad killers will also refuse to chase someone that is clearly an easier target the moment someone gets unhooked, because instead of finishing that chase for another hook they decide to let them go an go back to the hooked guy. Sometimes even choosing to chase them after they are fully healed.
You can tell what survivors and killers have skill in the game by how they play. I've seen great killers "lose" a game, but they were still a really good killer. Maybe things didn't quite work out in their favor or they made a bad play at a critical time.
FALSE
I just had a game against a Myers that (thank Jebus) didn't camp hooks or tunnel (he did sort of at the start but it looked like it was to get EW3 because he downed the hooked guy and left them to chase/down/hook another guy first). He got a 3k, I was the only one to escape (he got 2 hooks on me BTW). No doubt he pipped that game (we had 1 gen left). This is an example of a fun game, and even if he got me (it was kinda 50/50 near the end anyway, I was lucky) I still would have had fun (and if I died I still would have pipped).
Granted we weren't entirely optimal, but I've been saying that the game does need to be rebalanced so killers have a FAIR amount of time. Just like I'm saying that every survivor should have a FAIR chance to be saved from the hook.
Dude, hook is 20m away, I'm right there in front of them, injured. No it's not a disadvantage because you will still get me faster than the other dude. I have been in this situation MANY TIMES, where I was clearly CLEARLY the easier, more optimal target. BUT NOPE let's go back to the hook and look for that guy, wasting 30 seconds just to re-acquire the target. This is why I say bad killers camp/tunnel because the good killers will come after me, and will (most likely) catch and hook me. They know that I'm the optimal target.
Wanna know why killer tunnels ?
It's due to 2 reasons :
It's actually nearly pointless to try to fight 4 players "fair", unless you're facing newcomers. As killer, you rely on people's mistakes for the most part to actually win a round, and camping the first target in the round is one of the most efficient strategy to adopt in that regard, since running at the opposite of the map to eventually get one guy that will sprint burst and loop while the 2 other guys will just save and insta-heal/repair at the other side of the map will simply make you to lose. (and will make you lose malicious points in the process, because devs though "Yeah, let's make non-camping to make the killer to lose earned points, that sounds interesting!")
For your example you provided: when that killer hits you than goes for the other survivor. It gives him more time cause you would have to heal yourself while the other person is getting chased which means you would not be on a gen. This gives more time to the killer.
There is no bullshit here. Killers can play the way they want to play or you wouldn't have any killers at all. So the killer shouldn't be rewarded for the way they play?? What if I told you as the survivor that you shouldn't stay near pallets or windows all the time... You can't tell killers how to play and not look at it the other way around too.
You should be rewarded for both offensive and defensive plays. If you know how to kill, you can win offensively. Since every survivor plays differently, you can't always win a game playing offensively. What is the point of playing defensive if you should get punished for it?? What is the "bullshit" you keep referring to.. That killers actually want to kill a survivor?
Indeed you need to adapt to how a killer plays. That is the point in the game xD
git gud and stop whining.
LOL no actually I played like 10 games in a row against killers that did nothing but tunnel/camp the first guy where I have no way to actually save this guy without killing him faster, so I went and did gens for 2 minutes. Then another guy gets caught as the gates are powered, but nope! Can't save him either. Guess I'm just playing Repair Sim 2018. Didn't actually die that much to it, it's actually because OTHER PLAYERS are dying and there is NOTHING I can do about it. Oh and also the fact I have to eat the lovely -10 because the killer wants to be a jerk.That's fun too.
Good job assuming though. Know what they say about assuming right?
its common, dont worry.
You have to adapt and play differently against killers.. that is the point of the game
So the killer should only go for pips and not kills? Now that doesn't make any sense to me as a killer should be killing people..
OH PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? Please because when the killer tunnels/camps there is no "adapting". There is "go do gens because you can't ever save this person". Adapting to a killer would require some actual skill on the killers part for me to play around. But when they are bad, they just sit by the hook. I have no options but gens and hiding. Wow, look at me go adapting to this amazing strategy.
Yupp exactly he just wants killers to not be killers..