Question: why do people think spirits prayer beads are op

This isn't a bait I don't play spirit to much and I was wondering why. As far as I know the add just gets ride of the phasing sound.

Comments

  • premonition is an awful perk

    independent of that, telling someone to run a perk in order to counter a killer's addon is such an absurd suggestion that it's astounding to me that i need to point it out. running a perk is not counterplay. you should be able to counter something using gameplay independent of perks, and no such thing is possible against prayer beads. ergo, it has no counterplay

    thanks for playing

  • @miaasma said:

    premonition is an awful perk

    independent of that, telling someone to run a perk in order to counter a killer's addon is such an absurd suggestion that it's astounding to me that i need to point it out. running a perk is not counterplay. you should be able to counter something using gameplay independent of perks, and no such thing is possible against prayer beads. ergo, it has no counterplay

    thanks for playing

    Have you actually used Premonition before? Like, ever?

    It's not just about the add-on, it's also about the Phase Walk itself. If you don't want to use an extremely useful perk that counters every invisible killer and killer who can hide their TR except the Shape at EWI, that's on you, though.

    There are many things that have no gameplay counter. I'd mention some, but you'd just pretend they have gameplay counters, just like you're pretending Premonition is a bad perk.

  • every other "invisible" or TR-hiding killer has some other means of detection that doesn't require wasting a perk slot on

    i'm just going to say that you're probably a really bad survivor player if you're actually trying to argue that premonition is a good perk, and even if it was good, that it's necessary in order to counter stealthier killers

    the rest of your post is just hot air. i've explained why prayer beads has no counter, and on top of that why running a perk doesn't constitute counterplay, and you dance around this by saying "many things" have no gameplay counter without actually mentioning any

    it's obvious that i'm talking to someone with a really poor understanding of survivor play so i'll just leave it at that

  • I know multiple people have already said this but:

    It's not fun to go against cause how are you supposed to go against someone you don't know is coming?

    Beads combined with TOTH or Discordance is pretty strong cause Spirit can easily phase towards you and grab you and you have no idea that she's coming.

    I don't think the addon is OP, I just don't think it's fun to go against cause there's only one counter. Run 1 outta 2 perks (Premonition and Spine Chill) that can tell if she's coming.

    One good thing about the addon though is that you never feel safe whenever you're interacting with something. You're waaayyy more alert.

  • @miaasma said:

    every other "invisible" or TR-hiding killer has some other means of detection that doesn't require wasting a perk slot on

    i'm just going to say that you're probably a really bad survivor player if you're actually trying to argue that premonition is a good perk, and even if it was good, that it's necessary in order to counter stealthier killers

    the rest of your post is just hot air. i've explained why prayer beads has no counter, and on top of that why running a perk doesn't constitute counterplay, and you dance around this by saying "many things" have no gameplay counter without actually mentioning any

    it's obvious that i'm talking to someone with a really poor understanding of survivor play so i'll just leave it at that

    I never said it was necessary to counter stealthier killers. That's something you made up.

    I'm not a top survivor player, no. I'm above average at best.

    I didn't mention any because I can tell you're not even open to the idea of using anything other than what you're already using to counter a single-use add-on. You want everything to have a gameplay counter because you want to have your cake and eat it too. Anything I'd say to you will fall on deaf ears.

    You're really not, sweetheart. Despite what you may believe, I'm basically a survivor main at this point. The majority of my trials for a while now have been SWF.

  • @IMAFEEISH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/518220#Comment_518220

    Name one that is consistant? Please I would love to know. It makes the unfun guessing game that is spirit even more unfun and BS.

    "If you scroll up it has already been said multiple times by multiple people."

  • "If you scroll up it has already been said multiple times by multiple people."

  • Prayer Beads are a problem because of gen grabs. The killer can hear the surv working on a gen while the surv has no indication the Spirit is coming. Her footsteps are not loud enough to be heard above the gen sounds.

    I'm not counting Spine Chill and Premonition as counters since these are perks you'd have to equip before knowing which opponent you are facing.

    Prayer Beads are usually not too big of a problem for a SWF since the survs can keep eath other informed about what the Spirit is doing. That leaves the solo survs. The only thing they can do to avoid getting grabbed is gen tapping. Not a real counter since it's a big time-waster.

    I'll point out when something on the survivors' side is unbalanced like the current, soon-to-be-changed MoM or insta-heals. But I also won't deny when there is something unbalanced on the killers' side.

  • People are still talking about this? Shesh. I ran out of popcorn a while ago.

    Sustain me with dislikes, I needs it

  • @miaasma said:

    premonition is an awful perk

    independent of that, telling someone to run a perk in order to counter a killer's addon is such an absurd suggestion that it's astounding to me that i need to point it out. running a perk is not counterplay. you should be able to counter something using gameplay independent of perks, and no such thing is possible against prayer beads. ergo, it has no counterplay

    thanks for playing

    Premonition and spine chill are good...

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/524687#Comment_524687

    She does, actually, as does every other killer. Do you play this game?

    Use Premonition. Always helped me against the Spirit, the Pig, the Wraith, and so on.

    So waste a perk slot just in case it might be one killer with one specific addon?

  • @PolarBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/524690#Comment_524690

    So waste a perk slot just in case it might be one killer with one specific addon?

    If it's such a rare occurrence, why are you making such a big deal about it?

    Anyway, it's not a waste if you can't deal with it yourself. That's literally what perks are for, to help you deal with things you can't deal with through your skill alone (or to complement your existing skills).

  • For those saying spine chill is not worth running:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNO4gPJ8WuY

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    For those saying spine chill is not worth running:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNO4gPJ8WuY

    Pain Reliever is underrated!

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    For those saying spine chill is not worth running:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNO4gPJ8WuY

    Anyways, im not gonna sacrifice a slot that can be used for better situation like, getting tunneled (DS, a killer camping (BT) or a exhaustion perk.

    This perk doesn't fit in my gameplay, i've tried to find it usseful plenty of time and it is just not worth running (for me), and stealth doesn't get rewarded (bps) sooo...

  • It completely eliminates the primary drawback to her power. Generally, there's a risk to sticking around on, say, a generator when you hear the Spirit coming with her phasing. She moves faster than Freddy, and is less predictable because of that, so not even grass is a decent cue for her approach.

    With the Prayer Beads, you can basically phase up to people and pull them off of generators/totems, etc. effortlessly with Monitor & Abuse. Start your phase from around a corner, and it's free grabs.

    There's no counterplay, and since she moves faster than Freddy, and her approach cannot be detected, she'll get free hits even if you decide to gen-tap.

    It's busted and needs to be reworked or nerfed. I like playing the Spirit, but she's pretty nice when audio functions correctly as it is; she doesn't need a broken addon like that.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/524833#Comment_524833

    Have you actually used Premonition before? Like, ever?

    It's not just about the add-on, it's also about the Phase Walk itself. If you don't want to use an extremely useful perk that counters every invisible killer and killer who can hide their TR except the Shape at EWI, that's on you, though.

    There are many things that have no gameplay counter. I'd mention some, but you'd just pretend they have gameplay counters, just like you're pretending Premonition is a bad perk.

    Hi, former premonition gamer here. Premonition is only good if you are a new survivor. It becomes near useless when you are not.

  • They are fun and I hope every single one of you is plagued by spirits running them. I have a stock pile which never depletes due to my overwhelming amount of black wards.

    Last bloodpoint weekend, I grinded and was able to amass an unreasonable amount of goodies on the spirit. And now I am again, proving that I can always have the beads around my hands so that every game is a silent one until the spirit just pops up without warning and ruins it. And if you seem to be in a swf, well, we like to remind you of your mortality with an offering to the entity. ♥️

  • @WheatThinO said:

    They are fun and I hope every single one of you is plagued by spirits running them. I have a stock pile which never depletes due to my overwhelming amount of black wards.

    Last bloodpoint weekend, I grinded and was able to amass an unreasonable amount of goodies on the spirit. And now I am again, proving that I can always have the beads around my hands so that every game is a silent one until the spirit just pops up without warning and ruins it. And if you seem to be in a swf, well, we like to remind you of your mortality with an offering to the entity. ♥️

    i think you took a wrong turn on your way to reddit


  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Prayer Beads are a problem because of gen grabs. The killer can hear the surv working on a gen while the surv has no indication the Spirit is coming. Her footsteps are not loud enough to be heard above the gen sounds.

    I'm not counting Spine Chill and Premonition as counters since these are perks you'd have to equip before knowing which opponent you are facing.

    Prayer Beads are usually not too big of a problem for a SWF since the survs can keep eath other informed about what the Spirit is doing. That leaves the solo survs. The only thing they can do to avoid getting grabbed is gen tapping. Not a real counter since it's a big time-waster.

    I'll point out when something on the survivors' side is unbalanced like the current, soon-to-be-changed MoM or insta-heals. But I also won't deny when there is something unbalanced on the killers' side.

    Pretty much this. You should never be required to use a specific perk to counter a killer. These things should be able to be done through observation (what you see or hear), and wit alone. While perks might make it easier to beat a specific killer, it should never be mandatory.

    An example of this is Calm spirit when facing doc. While Calm spirit makes it easier to play against Doc, in that it denies him your screams, which give away your position and is a highlight in his power, playing WITHOUT calm spirit is still quite possible with a little witt on knowing WHEN you'll scream and give away your position.

    The same cannot be said for Spirit with prayerbeads. A survivor not using specific perks is helpless, unless they plan on staying away from the primary goal of survivors (generators). Whether the whole grass thing is true or not is irrelevant since not every gen in the game is near grass.

    Im a killer main, about a 90/10 split. As much as I hate when survivors have broken ass ######### and tell me I need to use XYZ perk just incase it comes up... It works both ways. You HAVE to look at counter play every time you bring something into the game, not just "is this strong or not". That's the exact reason Legion was reworked. Had nothing to do with how strong the killer was.

  • @LordGlint Exactly. Calm Spirit/Doc is a very good comparison. The perk helps, but is not required.

    A killer mechanic should be checked from the point "Can the survivor evade/avoid this or that by skill?".

    The Spirit needs some skill to pull off gen grabs with Prayer Beads, but the survivor's skill is totally ignored. DbD is PvP, it should be skill vs. skill.

  • @WheatThinO said:

    They are fun and I hope every single one of you is plagued by spirits running them. I have a stock pile which never depletes due to my overwhelming amount of black wards.

    Last bloodpoint weekend, I grinded and was able to amass an unreasonable amount of goodies on the spirit. And now I am again, proving that I can always have the beads around my hands so that every game is a silent one until the spirit just pops up without warning and ruins it. And if you seem to be in a swf, well, we like to remind you of your mortality with an offering to the entity. ♥️

    Yikes, the edge is strong.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/524695#Comment_524695

    Indeed. I'm glad you were able to learn something about Premonition today. Specifically, that it triggers off of both the husk and the actual Spirit as she's phase-walking. I also look forward to you switching out one perk that you don't need to one that you clearly do need.

    @Orion being completely honest, that made me laugh my [BAD WORD] off. Lol. Although I personally think Spine chill is better. Premonition doesn't even have a larger range and a punishing cooldown.

    This is coming from someone who used to use it, and now uses spine chill.

1 2 3 ›