I Challenge The Devs! SWF Should Be Opt-In For Killers

I challenge the devs to make SWF opt-in for Killers for a month, then see where killer/survivor kills and escapes are at.

I still think that SWF was a HUGE mistake. Before SWF, when playing Survivor, the game was pretty damn scary; you were alone. Even if you were working on a genny with someone else, you never knew if they'd follow you, if you should follow them, if they would save you from a hook or just leave you to be meat.

SWF took away all that. Now you queue in with your friends over voice comms like Discord and chatter. You shoot the breeze and say 'Billy going towards your gen! Bail now!' instead of needing to hear his heartbeat to know he's close.

This ALSO kills Killers who can hide their TR; if one Survivor sees them, he can now tell EVERYONE in his SWF group, which means hiding that TR was completely bloody useless.


Again; I challenge you, devs: Spend ONE MONTH with SWF being opt-in.

See how many Survivors die.

See how many escape.

See how many do risky rescues.

Etc. Etc.

And see just how many Killers actually do opt-in to SWF.


This will give you real, solid numbers on just how badly SWF skews games, and how much the community of Killers might just hate it.

Comments

  • No one's gonna opt in to it and it'll kill the player base. SWF really isn't that huge of an issue, not as much as people make it out to be. The problem lies in the skill cap between killers and survivors. Often times the group's you get bullying you in SWF could just as easily do it without verbal communication.

  • @ClogWench said:

    No one's gonna opt in to it and it'll kill the player base. SWF really isn't that huge of an issue, not as much as people make it out to be. The problem lies in the skill cap between killers and survivors. Often times the group's you get bullying you in SWF could just as easily do it without verbal communication.

    I'd opt in, SWF is not fun, we don't even know if we're up against it, that's not fair.

  • Challenge denied.

  • @ClogWench said:

    No one's gonna opt in to it and it'll kill the player base. SWF really isn't that huge of an issue, not as much as people make it out to be. The problem lies in the skill cap between killers and survivors. Often times the group's you get bullying you in SWF could just as easily do it without verbal communication.

    I’d opt in


  • @ClogWench said:

    No one's gonna opt in to it and it'll kill the player base. SWF really isn't that huge of an issue, not as much as people make it out to be. The problem lies in the skill cap between killers and survivors. Often times the group's you get bullying you in SWF could just as easily do it without verbal communication.

    CPIDC1XE8JBT.jpg

    Kill the playerbase indeed...

    If you want to use the flawed data provided by the devs themselves, even allowing killers to opt out of 4 or 3-man groups would be enough to ease the pain of going against a relatively coordinated SWF and it wouldn't kill the playerbase.

    The problem isn't just the skill gap between players though. Even decent coordination between survivors is enough to decimate a good killer, and the level of coordination needed to do so is achievable even with a group of 4 solo survivors.

  • Oh, another Thread about SWF. How unique.

  • @MasonMyers69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/515328#Comment_515328

    I'd opt in, SWF is not fun, we don't even know if we're up against it, that's not fair.

    Survive With Friends isn't fair and that's why you'd Opt In to play against Survive With Friends? Have I misunderstood what OP is suggesting or are you just being contradictory

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/515348#Comment_515348

    Survive With Friends isn't fair and that's why you'd Opt In to play against Survive With Friends? Have I misunderstood what OP is suggesting or are you just being contradictory

    @ClogWench

    He probably does not know what "Opt In" means.

  • That's what it seems like. It sounds like he's suggesting killers get the option whether they want to play against SWF groups or not.

  • wow it's almost like before swf was added, the game was new (still was at the time, and people in swf would still be scared) and nobody knew what they were doing, surely that can't be the reason it was scary for people tho right? also, saying swf was a mistake is pretty dumb, considering I and many others wouldn't have tried this game if we couldnt play with our friends. not to mention people who really wanted to play with their friends would just queue at the same time, and dodge lobbies until they got with their friend(s).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Oh, another Thread about SWF. How unique.


  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Oh, another Thread about SWF. How unique.

    It's almost like SWF was a terrible, terrible idea that ran counter to the overall theme and atmosphere to the game, and the Devs only put it in to stop the incessant whining of people who wanted to grief Killers as a group.

  • I had SWF group of Feng Mins, as Hag, I'm not a good Hag, but it was really fun, I ignored gens, got two dead, Devour was at 4 tokens, I downed one in the open exit gate, looked at the other standing next to the point of no return, and picked up the next to last, went and hooked, turn around, that last one did a yolo save, I downed them both, hooked one and pulled the other a little from the gate and dropped since I couldn't carry to hook before wiggle ended, and EGC ate her. easy 4k. lol. Instead of protecting gens, I protected my totems, and returned after unhooks. Several times I had 2, or 3 downed at once.

  • Swf is fine, maybe a tiny bit broken if theyre very coordinated, with all insta heals and mettle (which is VERY rare.) also, how do you know those survivors were swf in the match? They could just be solo survivors with good game sense, but ig a good team is just always swf lol.

  • @Mew said:

    Swf is fine, maybe a tiny bit broken if theyre very coordinated, with all insta heals and mettle (which is VERY rare.) also, how do you know those survivors were swf in the match? They could just be solo survivors with good game sense, but ig a good team is just always swf lol.

    So true, it is extremely common for killers to call everyone SWF when they have a bad game. I guess it’s easier to say “stupid SWF OP bs!!” then to actually admit you didn’t play well or the survivors that game were just better than you.

  • Solo survivors that only play solo Survivor need a lot more credit. It is a lot harder to play the game as a solo. I have a feeling that if there was an opt in system not a lot of people would do it. They would then run up against a 4 man solo team that know what they are doing. It is much easier to pick off over alturisitic SWF group that almost always have a lower rank survivor in then it is to get someone that knows what they are doing. If there is a SWF and you aren't a red rank killer chances are there is a yellow rank survivor you can down pretty easily if you ignore the obnoxious clicky clicky Nea. After all she is the real killer.

  • @Eguzky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/515365#Comment_515365

    It's almost like SWF was a terrible, terrible idea that ran counter to the overall theme and atmosphere to the game, and the Devs only put it in to stop the incessant whining of people who wanted to grief Killers as a group.

    Or maybe people just want to play with their friends? I mean, even with 4 man SWF, not all of them are those super-optimal Squads. And even IF they are optimal, there are even less SWFs who play to bully the Killer.

    I mean, if Killers can decide if they want to play vs SWF or not (what they already do by cherrypicking their lobbies... And losing vs 4 Solos, which they accuse to be SWF in the Chat afterwards..), I also want to decide which Killers I want to verse. But thats as stupid as the ability to decide whether to play vs SWF or not.

  • They won't ever do it because they're scared it'll ruin matchmaking times as Killers won't choose to play SWF. To me this just shows that the majority of killers hate SWF and don't want to play it, but instead of doing anything to deal with the killers issues or finding a balanced solution for everyone they'd rather just pander to the survivors as always and keep it in, despite how it favours the survivors and provided them with a huge unfair advantage.

  • I rather see an UI element that shows the amount of SWFs in your lobby (and who's with who) and then REWARD (based upon players in a SWF) killers for playing that game.

  • Opting in would mean you’d face swf, I hope y’all know.

  • @GrootDude said:

    Opting in would mean you’d face swf, I hope y’all know.

    Yes. That's why it should be Opt-In. This means the default state is not doing it & Killers have to decide to play against SWF groups. :)

  • I would say just give the killer more to play for against swf. They can be beaten and it's gonna be tougher so give them bonus Bloodpoints.

  • Separating SWF queues from regular queues will never work because they can just leave lobbies until they all get in a game together, the higher the rank the less other survivors and the easier it gets to do this