Billy's chainsaw really needs a nerf

It's ridiculous that a certain distance the chainsaw still hits you. The hixbox it's a bit broken to me. Being one of the most op killers doesn't need such kind of advantage.

Comments

  • No 2: Electric Boogaloo

  • 6C678AF2-5173-4FC5-A216-DC92870A6853.jpeg

    Exactly his chainsaw reaches from too far!

    But no this was a extremely laggy game and if you think he’s hitting from too far away then you’re likely lagging.

  • I had this same thought. The Chainsaw hitbox is bigger for whatever reason. I made a thread about how to make the Chainsaw Killers more balanced and fun but I only got disagreements on this thread so I gave up even if I found the change very, very creative, logic and balanced.

    If they do anything to Billy they should just make the hitbox smaller, like I said, I don't really know why it's bigger than the actual hitbox

  • @MrDardon said:

    I had this same thought. The Chainsaw hitbox is bigger for whatever reason. I made a thread about how to make the Chainsaw Killers more balanced and fun but I only got disagreements on this thread so I gave up even if I found the change very, very creative, logic and balanced.

    If they do anything to Billy they should just make the hitbox smaller, like I said, I don't really know why it's bigger than the actual hitbox

    @MrDardon

    It may look like his chainsaw hitbox is bigger because of the animation delay but it's actually smaller than his M1 hitbox and anyone who disagrees is either lying or havent tested it.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445485#Comment_445485

    @MrDardon

    It may look like his chainsaw hitbox is bigger because of the animation delay but it's actually smaller than his M1 hitbox and anyone who disagrees is either lying or havent tested it.

    When I chainsaw a Survivor it usually turns my camera with my Chainsaw onto the Survivor, so idk if that's some sort of stupid unfair auto aim or an actual bigger hitbox.

  • Survivors need to relax and accept you're going to die sometimes and escape sometimes.

    No killers in their current state need nerfed, none. If anything a few could do with a polishing/buffing up.

    Im solo survivor main, i want challenged not an escort out the exit doors by weak ass killers.

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    Survivors need to relax and accept you're going to die sometimes and escape sometimes.

    No killers in their current state need nerfed, none. If anything a few could do with a polishing/buffing up.

    Im solo survivor main, i want challenged not an escort out the exit doors by weak ass killers.

    It's not that any brainhealthy player (and I say brainhealthy because there are people who literally want Killers to be unplayable) would like Killer to be unfun or unfair. I don't want easy escapes either. I just want to be rewarded for doing well rather than punished. And one thing is being hit by a Chainsaw which shouldn't have hit thanks to auto aim/hitboxes

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo the same can be said about killers. They should learn they’re going to win and lose.

    I play both sides.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445497#Comment_445497

    When I chainsaw a Survivor it usually turns my camera with my Chainsaw onto the Survivor, so idk if that's some sort of stupid unfair auto aim or an actual bigger hitbox.

    @MrDardon

    Autoaim doesnt exist anymore.

    If you want to test the chainsaw's hitbox by yourself you can do it in a KYF match.

    Go to Coldwind Farm, get on the combine and make a survivor stay on the hay as close to the window as they can and try to hit them with the chainsaw and with the M1 attack from beneath them. You'll see that you can hit him with your M1 attack but you cant with your chainsaw.

  • @MrDardon said:

    I had this same thought. The Chainsaw hitbox is bigger for whatever reason. I made a thread about how to make the Chainsaw Killers more balanced and fun but I only got disagreements on this thread so I gave up even if I found the change very, very creative, logic and balanced.

    If they do anything to Billy they should just make the hitbox smaller, like I said, I don't really know why it's bigger than the actual hitbox

    No one is going to agree with you in this forum, everyone is killer main here.

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    Survivors need to relax and accept you're going to die sometimes and escape sometimes.

    No killers in their current state need nerfed, none. If anything a few could do with a polishing/buffing up.

    Im solo survivor main, i want challenged not an escort out the exit doors by weak ass killers.

    Killers should accept they are not entitled to 4k every match

    Some killers in the current state need some nerfs (5 blinks nurse, billy chainsaw tryhard BEADS)..

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445504#Comment_445504

    @MrDardon

    Autoaim doesnt exist anymore.

    If you want to test the chainsaw's hitbox by yourself you can do it in a KYF match.

    Go to Coldwind Farm, get on the combine and make a survivor stay on the hay as close to the window as they can and try to hit them with the chainsaw and with the M1 attack from beneath them. You'll see that you can hit him with your M1 attack but you cant with your chainsaw.

    So, what could it be when my Chainsaw flicks to a Survivor on it's own without doing it by myself? Autoaim I guess *sarcasm intensifies*

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445509#Comment_445509

    Killers should accept they are not entitled to 4k every match

    Some killers in the current state need some nerfs (5 blinks nurse, billy chainsaw tryhard BEADS)..

    @Arroz

    Because his idea was basically a Billy nerf, something that is not needed.

  • Billy OP?

    L

    m

    f

    a

    o

    i get the hitbox issue. It’s not just with billy it can be for anyone but OP U say LOL. Balanced af.

  • @MrDardon if you’re referring to window hits then that’s caused by your hitbox staying in the window temporarily.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @MrDardon if you’re referring to window hits then that’s caused by your hitbox staying in the window temporarily.

    No, I literally mean: Running to a Survivor, reviving the Chainsaw while hugging their back, turning my camera, releasing the Chainsaw hit while they turn again and my camera instantly turns to them and hits them by it's own

  • @IdeaJunkie if you’re referring to me I said “Exactly his chainsaw reaches from too far!”

    If you read beyond that I said “But no this was a extremely laggy game and if you think he’s hitting from too far away then you’re likely lagging.”

  • @MrDardon I don’t think I can explain this perfectly but I believe @Peanits said hits were just animation and your weapon tries to find the closest survivor to you. I could be wrong but, that’s why I @ed him.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @MrDardon I don’t think I can explain this perfectly but I believe @Peanits said hits were just animation and your weapon tries to find the closest survivor to you. I could be wrong but, that’s why I @ed him.

    @GrootDude said:

    @MrDardon I don’t think I can explain this perfectly but I believe @Peanits said hits were just animation and your weapon tries to find the closest survivor to you. I could be wrong but, that’s why I @ed him.

    @GrootDude said:

    @MrDardon if you’re referring to window hits then that’s caused by your hitbox staying in the window temporarily.

    well, ignore this one because I messed this comment up a lot

  • @GrootDude said:

    @MrDardon I don’t think I can explain this perfectly but I believe @Peanits said hits were just animation and your weapon tries to find the closest survivor to you. I could be wrong but, that’s why I @ed him.

    If the weapon tries to find the nearest Survivor by it's own, it still sounds like auto aim

  • @MrDardon I’m not the best at explaining it and Peanits could probably explain it better.

  • You just got outplayed

  • @GrootDude said:

    @MrDardon I’m not the best at explaining it and Peanits could probably explain it better.

    Yeah, got it. But that doesn't change the fact that my Chainsaw acts like a magnet when chainsawing someone. The same feeling I also get as Survivor, it looks like the Killer is wiffing his Chainsaw but then it gets sucked onto me lol

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445528#Comment_445528

    No, I literally mean: Running to a Survivor, reviving the Chainsaw while hugging their back, turning my camera, releasing the Chainsaw hit while they turn again and my camera instantly turns to them and hits them by it's own

    @MrDardon

    You know how hitbox works, right?

    it's a cone that may be a little bigger than the actual weapon. So if the game registers that the survivor hitbox has touched that cone your camera will move right to them so that It doesnt look like you'r hitting the air, even tho you are actually hitting that survivor.

    That doesnt happen only with Billy, it happens with all killers, it's more obvious with Billy's chainsaw because you cant move around as good with It so that camera change is way more noticeable.

  • @tt_ivi_99 thanks, I really didn’t know how to explain it. XD

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445533#Comment_445533

    @MrDardon

    You know how hitbox works, right?

    it's a cone that may be a little bigger than the actual weapon. So if the game registers that the survivor hitbox has touched that cone your camera will move right to them so that It doesnt look like you'r hitting the air, even tho you are actually hitting that survivor.

    That doesnt happen only with Billy, it happens with all killers, it's more obvious with Billy's chainsaw because you cant move around as good with It so that camera change is way more noticeable.

    I've never understood how the auto aim thing works. The only time I can tell something is happening is when I suddenly feel my camera jerk. But the weird thing is this only happens when I MISS. Not connect.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445533#Comment_445533

    @MrDardon

    You know how hitbox works, right?

    it's a cone that may be a little bigger than the actual weapon. So if the game registers that the survivor hitbox has touched that cone your camera will move right to them so that It doesnt look like you'r hitting the air, even tho you are actually hitting that survivor.

    That doesnt happen only with Billy, it happens with all killers, it's more obvious with Billy's chainsaw because you cant move around as good with It so that camera change is way more noticeable.

    And still, seems not fair to me if the hitbox is big enough to make it seem that the weapon is sucked onto the Survivor like a magnet even if the Survivor dodged it pretty well. Everybody says that hitboxes are broken and hopefully they'll get fixed when the dedicated servers are out.

    Hitboxes seem to be an hard issue and especially if the ping isn't that good it's even harder to judge.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445555#Comment_445555

    I've never understood how the auto aim thing works. The only time I can tell something is happening is when I suddenly feel my camera jerk. But the weird thing is this only happens when I MISS. Not connect.

    That's what I mean. When I see something should miss and it hits then I get triggered, even as Killer. It's just not fair. And it that case, hitboxes need to be adjusted, but that's already pretty confirmed to be an issue by the devs.

  • @MrDardon said:

    I had this same thought. The Chainsaw hitbox is bigger for whatever reason. I made a thread about how to make the Chainsaw Killers more balanced and fun but I only got disagreements on this thread so I gave up even if I found the change very, very creative, logic and balanced.

    If they do anything to Billy they should just make the hitbox smaller, like I said, I don't really know why it's bigger than the actual hitbox

    I know, the hitxbot it's so big imo. I had a lot of matches getting hit with a considerable distance between me and the chainsaw (even next to a pallet)

    @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445485#Comment_445485

    No one is going to agree with you in this forum, everyone is killer main here.

    Like Reddit, full of killer mains complaining about SWF, Mettle of Man, twitch streamers or crying for "balancing the game". It's like talking to a wall. I was remembering that last DBD stream the devs said "Reddit was them principal source of feedback". I can't believe they said that lol

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445555#Comment_445555

    And still, seems not fair to me if the hitbox is big enough to make it seem that the weapon is sucked onto the Survivor like a magnet even if the Survivor dodged it pretty well. Everybody says that hitboxes are broken and hopefully they'll get fixed when the dedicated servers are out.

    Hitboxes seem to be an hard issue and especially if the ping isn't that good it's even harder to judge.

    @MrDardon

    "Everybody says that hitboxes are broken."

    Im not trying to be mean with what Im gonna say but...

    Most people who complain about hitboxes dont know how they actually work, if they did they would just use that information to ######### up the hit detection, something very easy to do which Im not gonna explain how to do It because it's stupidly unfair.

    These people who complain about it tend to think that windows and pallets are save spots when that's not the case, if you get stucked in an animation your hitbox does as well and there's a little delay in which the hitbox follows your actual character model, that means that even if your feet has already touched the ground your hitbox might still be vaulting the window. It's not a hitbox issue, it's a mix between lag, animations and actual punishment if you try to go for a slow vault or you mess up a pallet drop (because those last 2 things actually make your hitbox stay attached to the window/pallet for a longer time).

    Anyway, just wanted to say that hitboxes are completely fine, the problem is either actual punishment (slow vaults or mistime a pallet drop) or lag. There is no autoaim or anything like that anymore so there's no reason to complain.

    Also, you might ear that Freddy's lunge is the strongest or something like that... it's not true, his lunge is the same as any other killer, his hitbox is as well, It looks bigger because his weapon is smaller but It's the exact same as the other killers.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445569#Comment_445569

    That's what I mean. When I see something should miss and it hits then I get triggered, even as Killer. It's just not fair. And it that case, hitboxes need to be adjusted, but that's already pretty confirmed to be an issue by the devs.

    I mean the opposite. Apparently some form of auto aim exists in this game. Yet the only time I ever seem to notice it is when I actually MISS a survivor. I feel my camera suddenly pull me away from them. Never the opposite though.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445522#Comment_445522

    @Arroz

    Because his idea was basically a Billy nerf, something that is not needed.

    The only nerf hillbilly need, is fix he's chainsaw hitbox.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445573#Comment_445573

    @MrDardon

    "Everybody says that hitboxes are broken."

    Im not trying to be mean with what Im gonna say but...

    Most people who complain about hitboxes dont know how they actually work, if they did they would just use that information to ######### up the hit detection, something very easy to do which Im not gonna explain how to do It because it's stupidly unfair.

    These people who complain about it tend to think that windows and pallets are save spots when that's not the case, if you get stucked in an animation your hitbox does as well and there's a little delay in which the hitbox follows your actual character model, that means that even if your feet has already touched the ground your hitbox might still be vaulting the window. It's not a hitbox issue, it's a mix between lag, animations and actual punishment if you try to go for a slow vault or you mess up a pallet drop (because those last 2 things actually make your hitbox stay attached to the window/pallet for a longer time).

    Anyway, just wanted to say that hitboxes are completely fine, the problem is either actual punishment (slow vaults or mistime a pallet drop) or lag. There is no autoaim or anything like that anymore so there's no reason to complain.

    Also, you might ear that Freddy's lunge is the strongest or something like that... it's not true, his lunge is the same as any other killer, his hitbox is as well, It looks bigger because his weapon is smaller but It's the exact same as the other killers.

    We can only tell once when Dedicated Servers come out in it's final form, because this one in the ptb is pure madness. It has to be lag, delayed animations or something but that has to be somehow fixable to make it more realistic and fair.

  • It's ridiculous that a certain distance the chainsaw still hits you. The hixbox it's a bit broken to me.

    I could grab the quote if anyone wants me to. But recently a Dev pointed out that juking around a corner quickly wont save you from a chainsaw.

    I think that comment in itself shows that the chainsaw is a touch on the OP side.

    That being said, I'de be pissed if they changed it. I don't even play Billy. But I don't want to see killers get nerfed until they are in a better state. Ask me again when things are balanced

  • @SmokePotion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/60190/billys-chainsaw-really-needs-a-nerf

    I could grab the quote if anyone wants me to. But recently a Dev pointed out that juking around a corner quickly wont save you from a chainsaw.

    I think that comment in itself shows that the chainsaw is a touch on the OP side.

    That being said, I'de be pissed if they changed it. I don't even play Billy. But I don't want to see killers get nerfed until they are in a better state. Ask me again when things are balanced

    Oh, right, especially when I always run to corners to get the chainsaw. Idk why killers complains a lot of balancing. The game doesn't have vacuum pallet anymore, hooks never respawning when someone was sabo'ing or double pallets, the old BNP's, the old healing speed, the old DS, the old BT, some windows were close forever in some maps, the old pallet hitbox, some infinites... I don't really understand what you guys try to explain when you said "balancing", the game is still better than before. As a survivor main I don't want a game so easy to killers.

  • @PuppetLivesMatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445622#Comment_445622

    Oh, right, especially when I always run to corners to get the chainsaw. Idk why killers complains a lot of balancing. The game doesn't have vacuum pallet anymore, hooks never respawning when someone was sabo'ing ot double pallets, the old BNP's, the old healing speed, the old DS, the old BT, some windows were close forever in some maps, the old pallet hitbox, some infinites... I don't really understand why you guys try to explain when you said "balancing"

    @PuppetLivesMatter

    Just because they've fixed some stuff doesnt mean they've fixed everything.


  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445634#Comment_445634

    @PuppetLivesMatter

    Just because they've fixed some stuff doesnt mean they've fixed everything.

    Some stuff? That's a huge fixes. I mean what do you guys want? To let you hit us and hook us easily? And almost every patch, the devs nerf survivors except for the upcoming one.

  • @SmokePotion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/60190/billys-chainsaw-really-needs-a-nerf

    I could grab the quote if anyone wants me to. But recently a Dev pointed out that juking around a corner quickly wont save you from a chainsaw.

    I think that comment in itself shows that the chainsaw is a touch on the OP side.

    That being said, I'de be pissed if they changed it. I don't even play Billy. But I don't want to see killers get nerfed until they are in a better state. Ask me again when things are balanced

    Are you talking about that chainsaw flick topic? Where you could turn his hitbox at the end of a sprint.


    That hasn't been s thing in LONG time. Maybe multiple years by now.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445622#Comment_445622

    Are you talking about that chainsaw flick topic? Where you could turn his hitbox at the end of a sprint.

    That hasn't been s thing in LONG time. Maybe multiple years by now.

    lolwut. I just watched this in a video from a couple days ago.

  • Billy is fine, he's in a good spot, no point in nerfing him when there's killers like Nurse and Hag who completely dominate a match

  • So many ppl would stop playing

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    Survivors need to relax and accept you're going to die sometimes and escape sometimes.

    No killers in their current state need nerfed, none. If anything a few could do with a polishing/buffing up.

    Im solo survivor main, i want challenged not an escort out the exit doors by weak ass killers.

    Survivor mains usually dont look like Michael Myers

  • Spirit is a bigger problem that Billy tbh.

    At least Billy can be looped.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I wouldn't really say this is exclusive to Billy, many of the killers hit boxes are as big as the map it feels like sometimes. I've swung at survivors that I expected with certainty would miss and they hit and as a survivor been hit through more pallets, windows ect that I can count that should clearly miss but doesn't. I think the devs as been mentioned before over me are well aware of this issue. When will it be fixed? Who knows.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    Spirit is a bigger problem that Billy tbh.

    At least Billy can be looped.

    @Andreyu44 I don't know how you can't loop a Spirit. Especially with her bugs, just run Iron will and walk and she's a complete joke. A literal joke. Even when she's not bugged, Iron will destroys her. You just need good prediction or Spine chill to know when she was phasing.

    But now if you can't juke a Spirit, you shouldn't be complaining, and you should learn how to.

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445509#Comment_445509

    Killers should accept they are not entitled to 4k every match

    Some killers in the current state need some nerfs (5 blinks nurse, billy chainsaw tryhard BEADS)..

    billy should have some sort of penalty since all the time its using hes chainsaw i do get it that hes a map preasure killer and can go gen to gen so fast but yeah maybe some sort of debuff on him like the nurse have also i hope soon they rework nurse and billy since mclean want to rework everything about it (billy insta chainsaw, nurse omegablink) since those 2 killer are the most that ppl play cuz they are broken with hitbox or with broken addons

  • Why does everyone want Billy nerfed?

  • @Poweas said:

    Why does everyone want Billy nerfed?

    I guess it's because survivors get used to the newer killers which have multiple weaknesses (tracking penalties, absurdely long cooldowns , free heals) tacked into them. Yeah, the new killermdesign philosophy yadda yadda survivor fun.

    Billy for example HAS a cooldown, he takes ages to put away his saw, and even a second after putting it away he still cannot attack or grab. He has a penalty for running into stuff, but good billies simply stop sooner. Unlike stabby teens and blind ghost girl he cannot turn as he wants to.

    Well, i could be wrong with all this too. Most likely it is because he is strong.