MoM outrage getting ignored

so funny how they ignored every single question/statement about mettle of man on the last dev stream. what do guys think is the reason for that?

Comments

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/922/P63MDGL8AZHI.png

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/443861#Comment_443861

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/609/7GE4WT7SJO8O.jpg

    BuT nObOdY rUnS iT! i NeVeR sEe It! ItS oNlY 2 pEr MaTcH! What a strong argument. A completely bullshit perk is fine, cuz only a few people run it and extend chases/BM with it. A free uncounterable perk is totally fine. TOTALLY fine. Literally a stronger version of DS, but nah. It's gucci. It's a survivor perk, so it's fine.

    Two matches sure proves a lot.... we’ll need more proof than that.

  • I had a game where I killed all, but two. Hooked one and looked around to see the David has the aura part of MoM active. I caught him, of course.

    I think it's really only problematic while pursuing a chase or during end game. I have a habit of hit and runs or smacking people away from what they're doing. It can be strong, but also can be really problematic for the survivor.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/443884#Comment_443884

    Two matches sure proves a lot.... we’ll need more proof than that.

    Oh I'm sorry let me go through my entire catalog of games and screenshot all of them. Also let me go grab FW's tweets about DS getting nerfed, but now they have MoM so suck it killer mains. Glad "not all 4 survivors ran it" is now considered an argument on whether a perk is bullshit or not.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/922/P63MDGL8AZHI.png

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/443861#Comment_443861

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/609/7GE4WT7SJO8O.jpg

    BuT nObOdY rUnS iT! i NeVeR sEe It! ItS oNlY 2 pEr MaTcH! What a strong argument. A completely bullshit perk is fine, cuz only a few people run it and extend chases/BM with it. A free uncounterable perk is totally fine. TOTALLY fine. Literally a stronger version of DS, but nah. It's gucci. It's a survivor perk, so it's fine.

    @Caretaker Its counter is power attacks and it's balanced with a downside. A survivor really doesn't want the killer to see what they're doing. In order to avoid that, you'll need to stay one-downed while not knowing where the killer is coming from (if they leave you). Old DS dampened my games far more than MoM has.

  • @fluffybunny DS was definitely much worse I agree. You think your dribble would work aaaaand bodyblock DS stab! :D

  • @fluffybunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/443884#Comment_443884

    @Caretaker Its counter is power attacks and it's balanced with a downside. A survivor really doesn't want the killer to see what they're doing. In order to avoid that, you'll need to stay one-downed while not knowing where the killer is coming from (if they leave you). Old DS dampened my games far more than MoM has.

    Ah yes, the classic, "Well x was worse." "It was worse before." Also, name all the killers with "Power attacks", please. Survivors don't want that, but OOO users are literally the best players in the game and actively want you to chase them. Aura reading doesn't suddenly delete pallets, windows, exhaust perks, or stop Adrenaline from working. Also, you go down once, and the aura is gone. Wow, one down. Super scary.

    "It's still #########, but at least it's got gold flakes in it."

    One of the easiest ways to ignore MoMs downside is just play smart, and save it for end-game to BM and take free hits while you leave.

  • @TreemanXD Ugh, I hated DS so much. It was early game, too, where you really needed pressure. I'd find a survivor, see it was the obsession, and die a little inside.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    @TreemanXD Ugh, I hated DS so much. It was early game, too, where you really needed pressure. I'd find a survivor, see it was the obsession, and die a little inside.

    Yep. At least MoM is later if even activates.

  • At this point, if I see an obsession, I expect DS, MoM, or both.

    If DS, I just kinda say to myself "okay get ready" and if I get stunned, I move on.

    I count my hits in case of MoM, and if it triggers, I tunnel them from their aura and Noed.

    It's cheesy, it's kinda toxic, but so is that perk.

    Kiss my grits.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Most of what makes the perk complete cancer is the amount of free hits that stack up over a whole match.

    MoM is a freeby, first Dead Hard often is too (or one used to reach a pallet, negating the option to "bait it"), DS is at least highly conditional and avoidable, but then there's also Adren on 90% of survivors at the moment. (Don't even start on "Adren is countered by Noed" because noed being in play is YOUR choice as survivors when you choose to not cleanse dulls.)

    What would happen if free-extra-hit perks gave a debuff like exhaustion that prevented others working? Like you couldn't activate Dead Hard if you had JUST resisted a hit with MoM?

  • @shinymon said:

    How often do you even see MoM being used? I rarely see them in my games. And even then, you’ll probably only see 2 at the very most.

    I had plenty of games where I didn’t even get a chance for it to proc during the times I’ve used it too.

    At a ratio of 3 survivors out of 4 every R1 match.

  • I think anyone with half a brain and a bit of honesty can agree that the stacking of freebies is a problem.

    Whether or not MoM in a vacuum is toxic design is up for debate.


  • @gantes said:

    I think anyone with half a brain and a bit of honesty can agree that the stacking of freebies is a problem.

    Whether or not MoM in a vacuum is toxic design is up for debate.


    ppl who only play one site will never understand that

  • There's not much of outrage. I play 2/3 killer and I'm okay with it.

    It's got some trade offs. I think some people just like crying about things. I mean yeah it's annoying sure, but it requires 3 hits of normal attack, and then, once you heal you are shown to the killer.

    I think it's okay. I've not encountered a whole party using it of course which would be annoying, but I've had 2 people use in in the same match.

  • When I think of MoM I don't think one survivor using it is OP and tbh if used by 4 survivors in one match then it would be OP but I have only had one game so far with 4 MoM's and honestly haven't had a problem with the perk myself. But I do see where some people are coming from the perk doesn't reward good play on either sides because the survivor gets rewarded by the perk for being hit and the killer gets punished for hitting the survivor this is bad game design, I don't think it's strong but the game design is horrendous why do you think most people are ok with perks like Adrenaline it rewards the survivor for doing their job doing the gens. I don't want this perk to get nerfed because it is weak but what I do think is it should be reworked because it is simply bad game design.

  • @shinymon said:

    How often do you even see MoM being used? I rarely see them in my games. And even then, you’ll probably only see 2 at the very most.

    I had plenty of games where I didn’t even get a chance for it to proc during the times I’ve used it too.

    Consider the following:

    1. People DO have Ash, leveled him to 40, and now they’re waiting for it to show up in their preferred survivor’s bloodweb.
    2. Ash is cash money only. Ash also released in a time of not many people playing dbd.
    3. MoM is NOT in the shrine of secrets. Bbq was also not in the shrine, and it is not a coincidence that it was barely seen before and when it showed up you see it so much more now.
    4. You haven’t played against enough swf with MoM, plural or singular - even 1 MoM sets you back when their buddies have builds that help protect them and screw you over. When Ash came out, literally every group was an Ash with friends and they brought bt, adrenaline, purples, pinks, the works.
  • Bruh every match I play as killer. I am hesitant to use M1 killers like clown. 4 man MoM with other perks to make the killer”s life miserable.


    So I do that with my SWF squad using that broken perk along with other second third 4th chance perks XD

    swf are king as it is, with these perk builds oof. R.I.P

    i love how @not_Queen said they need more feedback LOL. You guys really don’t know what you are doing it seems like. When y’all introduced the perk, what made u think that M1 killers weren’t gonna hold an L especially against SWF On voice coms. You are the same ppl who don’t want to help killers against SWF like a lousy indicator for killers to better prep. So what u do, u bring a broken perk that makes SWF even stronger like THANOS.


    f

  • If MoM gets nerfed than so should every training wheel addon...killer is in a wayyy better place than it ever has been, and survivors don't really have the training wheel perks they did have last year, and even more prior. There is still plenty that needs to be balanced, but frankly this survivor perk doesn't. If you play your cards right half the time when you get to use your MoM it only prolongs your death by a few seconds. Sometimes its a game changer if you can save it for a pivitol play..but that is just situational.

  • @EnviouSLAY said:

    If MoM gets nerfed than so should every training wheel addon...killer is in a wayyy better place than it ever has been, and survivors don't really have the training wheel perks they did have last year, and even more prior. There is still plenty that needs to be balanced, but frankly this survivor perk doesn't. If you play your cards right half the time when you get to use your MoM it only prolongs your death by a few seconds. Sometimes its a game changer if you can save it for a pivitol play..but that is just situational.

    Gosh, you are adorable!

    you cute survivor you! <3

  • Once again, MoM is a one shot DH. It has prerequisites, and penalties after use and healed to full. It does take no skill, whereas DH requires timing and skill.

    However DH is MUCH more useful, and can be used many times in a match.


    The bottom line is MoM is a rather weak perk, and you guys are whining like it gives a permanent invulnerability to being downed. The perk needs nothing, and will remain a second ranked perk. PS. I have DLC, love ASH!! - but he is toooo noisy. PS4.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/443697#Comment_443697

    "A lot of time spent healing"

    I don't know about you, but taking 16 seconds to heal myself is not very long. Less with add-ons. Much less with some add-ons or even just running botany. Or hell, someone gets you off the hook and has We'll Make It. A whole 8 seconds. Oh no.

    This is beside the fact with stacking additional second chance perks, you may not even need to heal at all.

    I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but acting like healing is some huge liability or "wastes a lot of time" is absolutely BS to me. If it was such a liability, why do people do it? Because gaining a health state makes the killer more time in a chase than it takes to heal.

    I really, REALLY do not understand why it's so much to ask to rework the perk to just have counterplay for 2/3rds of the Killer caster instead of just shafting them. Not a nerf. Not a buff. Just add counterplay for everyone.

    Doc counter stealth perks so why there shouldnt be a perk that he cant counter?

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    Bruh every match I play as killer. I am hesitant to use M1 killers like clown. 4 man MoM with other perks to make the killer”s life miserable.

    So I do that with my SWF squad using that broken perk along with other second third 4th chance perks XD

    swf are king as it is, with these perk builds oof. R.I.P

    i love how @not_Queen said they need more feedback LOL. You guys really don’t know what you are doing it seems like. When y’all introduced the perk, what made u think that M1 killers weren’t gonna hold an L especially against SWF On voice coms. You are the same ppl who don’t want to help killers against SWF like a lousy indicator for killers to better prep. So what u do, u bring a broken perk that makes SWF even stronger like THANOS.

    f

    Omega blink with mori + bbq is stronger than any swf though.

  • Mettle of man is strong but doesnt need to be removed. It has counters it doesnt activates early game survivor get to become obsession so you know who does have it. It needs to get nerfed slightly it needs to have limits like non obsession users able to use mom only after 4-5 hits.

  • I went against a team with MoM and Borrowed Time (all 4), playing Trapper.

    Now I need therapy.

    Thanks, Behavior.

  • @Slayer said:

    Mettle of man is strong but doesnt need to be removed. It has counters it doesnt activates early game survivor get to become obsession so you know who does have it. It needs to get nerfed slightly it needs to have limits like non obsession users able to use mom only after 4-5 hits.

    MoM has counters? what are they good sir? not playing an m1 killer? dont be a pepega


  • @Kenshin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445833#Comment_445833

    MoM has counters? what are they good sir? not playing an m1 killer? dont be a pepega

    Yes it does have counters. Instant down is a counter . Look even if they going to have 3 lifes instant down still counters it . First instant down - > 1 stack to perk, second instant down - 2 stacks , third instant down - > now you can use perk but well you re already dead.

  • I only find MoM annoying combined with some other perks. Done right it can waste killers time more than previous version of the ds.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    They leave one thing out and the whole forums go crazy.

    They need feedback but it's not just in the form of people screaming on the forums.

    They need actual feedback from stats also to see it play out in matches, how often it activates, how many kills happen in those matches, how many escape after using it, how many times a player gets away after a hook etc.

    If the devs listened to everyone who comes here and complains the game would be a complete disaster as bith sides act like the sky is falling when anything changes.

    Honestly, Mettle of Man is like old DS. It's not a problem on bad survivors but decent survivors can get the most value from it. Most of the times, it rewards failing because you have to take multiple hits to build it up which means you're likely losing chases.

  • @GrootDude said:

    It isn’t really that powerful and it hasn’t been out long.

    Killers basically want their cake and think they can eat it too.

    Survivors get one good thing to help them out in a game, killers rage and cry op instead of looking at their mistakes and trying to get better.

    MoM isn't even that bad... I played against it numerous times and still had the confidence to down the survivor.

    It can only be used once and it takes 3 hits to obtain it and when the survivor is healed killer can now see their aura, so no hiding from the killer.

    Some people just complain complain complain instead of getting better and switch out some perks to benefit them more.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/442987#Comment_442987

    What do you mean with "more feedback"?

    I think the community gave enough feedback about this perks, it's bad designed. Even worse than DS imo

    Lmao hell no. I rather play against MoM then old DS ######### head. Just get better or use instant down killers, add-ons or perks. I play against MoM players and it's not even all that. I down them within 5secs of MoM already gone.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/443388#Comment_443388

    Honestly, Mettle of Man is like old DS. It's not a problem on bad survivors but decent survivors can get the most value from it. Most of the times, it rewards failing because you have to take multiple hits to build it up which means you're likely losing chases.

    Old ds could be problem sometimes and its because you could use it from the begining Mom activates only at the middle -end of a game . Get good.

  • I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

    MoM is OP. Any chase extender is. Until they manage to extend out the game a little, by adding an objective like finding a part to start generator repairs, they will stay that way.

    It's not that the perk itself is OP. It's rather balanced for what it does. It's that the objectives go to fast, and that extra loss of momentum is serious for the killer.

  • @SmokePotion said:

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

    MoM is OP. Any chase extender is. Until they manage to extend out the game a little, by adding an objective like finding a part to start generator repairs, they will stay that way.

    It's not that the perk itself is OP. It's rather balanced for what it does. It's that the objectives go to fast, and that extra loss of momentum is serious for the killer.

    Yep.

    Survivors already have a lot of tools to extend chases using their own skills. When you insert a mechanic that extends chases regardless of the player's skill, it is bound to become a problem.

    The way that it is absurdly strong against many killers while being useless against others also reflects on poor design.

    It's a poorly designed, braindead Dead Hard.

  • @EnviouSLAY said:

    If MoM gets nerfed than so should every training wheel addon...killer is in a wayyy better place than it ever has been, and survivors don't really have the training wheel perks they did have last year, and even more prior. There is still plenty that needs to be balanced, but frankly this survivor perk doesn't. If you play your cards right half the time when you get to use your MoM it only prolongs your death by a few seconds. Sometimes its a game changer if you can save it for a pivitol play..but that is just situational.

    I've been a killer main for years and it's much easier running as Survivor.

    Mettle of Man, Adrenaline, Decisive, and choose a random 4th.

  • @Slayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/447075#Comment_447075

    Old ds could be problem sometimes and its because you could use it from the begining Mom activates only at the middle -end of a game . Get good.

    @Slayer

    "Get Good"


    Well, I'm not great at the game anyways so I instead try to have fun, ya know? However, I can't really have much fun when there strong perks that have no counter play. I'd be completely fine with MoM if it had just more counter play that's not camping, using OP offerings, and/or playing specific killers.



    I'll elaborate why MoM is so strong

    MoM effectively give survivors 3 health states and more health states on decent survivors equals longer chases which means the other survivors have more generator time. In other words, it's like an instant heal and if you hate instant heals then you must hate MoM because it's a free health state for survivors who aren't being camped, mori'd, or instant downed. I'll also mention that MoM is a perk so you can use it in every game and up to 4 survivors can use it unlike ultra rares so it's kinda ridiculous overall.


    And before:

    "MoM has downsides."


    To play devil's advocate, what's going to stop me from healing to 99% while I bypass the consequences? If longer chases can have such a huge impact on the killer then the consequence of MoM should more severe than just having the killer see your aura in my opinion.


    I hope this helped you understand the problem with MoM. 🙂

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/922/P63MDGL8AZHI.png

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/443861#Comment_443861

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/609/7GE4WT7SJO8O.jpg

    BuT nObOdY rUnS iT! i NeVeR sEe It! ItS oNlY 2 pEr MaTcH! What a strong argument. A completely bullshit perk is fine, cuz only a few people run it and extend chases/BM with it. A free uncounterable perk is totally fine. TOTALLY fine. Literally a stronger version of DS, but nah. It's gucci. It's a survivor perk, so it's fine.

    It's not stronger than DS in any way?

  • @Slayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/446474#Comment_446474

    Yes it does have counters. Instant down is a counter . Look even if they going to have 3 lifes instant down still counters it . First instant down - > 1 stack to perk, second instant down - 2 stacks , third instant down - > now you can use perk but well you re already dead.

    "insta down is a counter" smh. then tell me how to counter MoM with plain m1 killers like wraith. and dont tell us now to bring a mori to counter it. please use your brain first before you writing in threads

  • @DirtWeasel said:

    Get hit once, escape, self care to full health

    Get hit a Once then a Second time (At this point you'd normally be downed, three hits in total) and MoM activates giving a sprint burst.

    Get hit again and your downed. 4 hits in total from when you first escaped and mended to when you where found again.

    Remembering it doesn't actually take 4 hits, you have to escape first then mend then hit 2 more times before you have to be hit one more time to down.

    That's still ONLY 1 EXTRA HIT out of all of that. After that? you can never mend again or be given a permanent aura reading buff to the Killer guaranteeing they find, down and hook you.

    If you get hooked, rescued and escape you can do that process a second time and MAYBE if you get hooked a third time if your previous two hooks had quick rescues you might be able to pull off a 3rd go at MoM immunity but no more.

    Dead Hard can be used every 60/50/40 seconds on an Exhaustion timer. If the match lasts 10 minutes you could use it 10 times. In that same match MoM can only be used twice and at a stretch three times per match.

    So why people are so focused on MoM rather than campaigning for a DH nerf is beyond me.

    @DirtWeasel DH loses a lot of its power when the killer knows you have it. It can be baited. There's no counter to MoM other than making sure someone dies on the first hook or constantly downing them with Chainsaws.

  • @Kenshin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/446967#Comment_446967

    "insta down is a counter" smh. then tell me how to counter MoM with plain m1 killers like wraith. and dont tell us now to bring a mori to counter it. please use your brain first before you writing in threads

    Tell me how to juke Doc when iron will is must have to juke killer and that killer completely negates every stealth perk? Bad game design?Tell me why isnt it possible to juke Doctor? Isnt juking a part of a game?

  • @not_Queen said:

    We decided that giving feedback on major changes (EGC / Legion Update / Pig changes / Dedicated Servers) was more important than addressing this one perk.

    We want to gather more feedback now that MoM has been fixed and now works as intended before we discuss it's effects on the game with the Community.

    EDIT: word

    Not the answer people wanted, but the one they needed

  • What would you say if all of a sudden you need to repair an extra gen because the killer has a perk, if the setup parameters are matched, it would add an additional gen?

    Would you perceive it as fair? It's just one more gen.

  • @Cymer actually it wouldn’t be too bad.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445825#Comment_445825

    Great!

    Now what do I do when I don't want to play Nurse or Hillbilly or the most bullshit stuff in the game

    Just lose?

    What an excellent and balanced solution! Not like both sides are tired of playing and facing the same two killers over and over and over again. /s

    If you think the proper way to balance bad game design is to throw even more bad game design on top of it, your screws are loose.

    Two wrongs never equaled a right. Nobody pretends Omega blink nurse with mori is balanced or good game design but people for some reason try to pretend MoM is.

    I wish I could find a nurse or billy.

  • @ClogWench said:

    People keep saying it's an additional hit for free but it costs a whole perk slot for one single use. As well as a lot of time spent healing. That ain't free.

    @ClogWench Against good survivors, that additional hit means one more gen being done. A great trade for 1 perk slot.


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/445825#Comment_445825

    Great!

    Now what do I do when I don't want to play Nurse or Hillbilly or the most bullshit stuff in the game

    Just lose?

    What an excellent and balanced solution! Not like both sides are tired of playing and facing the same two killers over and over and over again. /s

    If you think the proper way to balance bad game design is to throw even more bad game design on top of it, your screws are loose.

    Two wrongs never equaled a right. Nobody pretends Omega blink nurse with mori is balanced or good game design but people for some reason try to pretend MoM is.

    Killers have advanced attack thats a counter. Mettle of man may never get to be used . You basically negate that perk in that case.

    What you should do in that case? Dodge the lobby. Find solo to play against.

  • @Slayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/447275#Comment_447275

    Killers have advanced attack thats a counter. Mettle of man may never get to be used . You basically negate that perk in that case.

    What you should do in that case? Dodge the lobby. Find solo to play against.

    MoM is only countered by killer powers that inflict damage or otherwise hold down survivors. So that's, what, five killers in total, half of which aren't viable against non-potatoes?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/448697#Comment_448697

    MoM is only countered by killer powers that inflict damage or otherwise hold down survivors. So that's, what, five killers in total, half of which aren't viable against non-potatoes?

    the fact that it has counters

1 2 3 4