Why Prioritize Survivors?
Hello there. Is me. SurgDexil.
I'm here to talk about a bit of a problem I'm sure most killer mains can relate in general. This is more on the side of the killer mains relationship with the devs in specific.
You see if you haven't noticed, a lot of the times survivor problems are prioritize. While some things take longer to fix than normal. In general, survivors always seem to get to the nice side of the devs. Any problem survivors tend to have, devs jump straight to the rescue. Like remember Freddy when he got a nerf? Back when Freddy was released, he was about mid tier. About maybe higher or lower than Doctor. (Me personally I considered him a bit lower than Doctor.) But since the nerfs, we all know how Freddy stands right now.
Then let's talk about an old problem killers had. Desicive Strike. Now we all know that ever since ds got released, it was probably the strongest perk in the game for survivors. Then came a few nerfs here and there, but the big Desicive problem still remained. I'm sure we all been in one of those matches where you couldn't find the desicive guy and when you did, it was end game and he escapes for free.
It took about a year, maybe longer, I'm not 100% sure when the halloween chapter was released, but it took a long time for Desicive to finally be nerf to a more agreeable state that it is now. Sure it still can be annoying, but it isn't the big middle finger it once was.
Other examples for killers getting the no dice end of general updates would probably be the still remaining problem of swf and gens. Now I understand is the objective of survivors to complete gens, but we can all agree that gens go way too fast. Worst case scenario (unless you're Nurse, Spirit, and sometimes Billy and Huntress). You down 1 survivor, 2 gens done. Down the next, 2 gens done again. Down the next person, gates are powered.
If on average you face against decent survivors who know how to loop, is going to be hard to stop them from doing gens here and there. Most killers have this problem, and I say most because Top Tier killers have this problem a little less. Especially Nurse.
But then it brings another problem I'm sure even the survivors can agree on. Lack of variety. No one likes to go up against the same killer over and over, and I sure as heck don't like playing Billy (the killer I use on my high rank games mostly, I'm still trying to master Nurse.) over and over again. It gets boring after a while, playing the same killer, and playing against the same killer over and over isn't really fun.
Right now they are 15 killers in the game, and more killers will come soon on future updates, and out of the 15 killers, you only see about 4 of these killers (Huntress, Billy, Spirit, and Nurse.) consistantly on the high ranks. Very rarely anyone else. I guarantee you these Killers are often in the High ranks, why? Because these killers are often the only ones that can, if played well slow the game down with momemtum, and pressure.
Again, is not much variety on the killer side. At least in terms of high ranks. Lower ranks you'll see a bit of everything.
Again, more often then not, killers usually have it rough. Often playing the same top tier killer, because is the only way to at least have a chance of winning games.
Even I started rellying more on my effectiveness as a killer player, and the killer itself, than Ruin to slow the game down. Because we all know Ruin is often hit or miss, and on high ranks. Ruin is often either destroyed, or survivors are being insanely good at skill checks and it doesn't slow them down at all.
Is really hard to be killer. Survivors in general, have it all. All the tools to win games, and combine that with swf and they'll be winning games left and right. Is dificult, more often frustrating to play killer. But on the end of the day. I'm only in control of how I play.
Comments
@RSB playing for a year and getting the platinum trophy doesn’t make you experienced? My friend you have a lot to learn. I’ve been R1 on both sides.
Just because you’ve played longer doesn’t make me a newbie.
@DarkGGhost your video is old.
And yet havethe some of the nerffs killers have over the years of the game,
@SurgDexil he is running two perks for most of game (assuming survivors don’t bring items) he got faked out so many times and admitted he wasn’t that good of a killer and showed us two matches with it.
Agreed
Well I guess this is what they mean when they say the forum is killer sided. People with survivor sided opinions are trolls and newbies despite starting over a year ago.
They are troll and newbies because they are trolls and newbies. No sane player, that plays 50/50 for some amount of time will tell you, that game is killer-sided. Survivors have some problems, sure, but killers have way much more of them, and survivors are dominating the match, despite being "a weak role".
Same for perks - killers' perks are way weaker, than survivors'.
Well, we talking about the average player here so he's a good example. If you want to talk about pro survivors and killer then still survivors will win most of the time ( the only time they will not is when the map in favor of the killer and if the killer can snowball ). If you want let's say both killer and survivors play the best they can with no mistakes, survivors will win. Now let's say a killer make one mistake can still lose the game if the survivors don't make any mistake in that game. And that's the thing killer in order to win must make fewer mistakes than the survivors and play the best they can but survivor can make mistakes and can come back from that and with new mechanic for the survivor side or/and perks the number of mistakes just go up and up.
@RSB I said the forum was killer sided and I never once said the game was in the killers favor. I said both sides get buffed/nerfed. Also a newbie is a new player. I’m not new since I’ve been playing for over a year. PS4 as far as I know doesn’t tell you your hours but I guarantee you I’ve played more than 100 hours on both sides.
@SurgDexil I’m a agnostic atheist. Well that’s how I feel about everyone as heavily killer sided as y’all. No doubt @SpaceCoconutis a good hag. Adrenaline rewards you for doing your objective so it is fine. MoM like old DS becomes a problem if multiple people use it. (Which I’ve said on multiple threads) Most people online are stubborn and will defend their opinions with a sword at hand (kinda like everyone on this thread)
All of you need to calm tf down. Why are you all ganging up on @TreemanXD? Just because he said the game is not survivor sided? It's true it's not survivor sided, they cater to killer mains, it's pretty obvious. Otherwise we'd still have the pallet vacuum. I get that there's a lot of infinites, but that's literally because of a flaw in map design and Balanced landing becoming the meta exhaustion perk so people saw these infinites.
You lot are so overly aggressive about the devs messing up, it is terrible. At least speak in a civilised way rather than spewing out insults.
@Poweas thank you!! <3 It’s nice to see you’ve got my back. :)
@TreemanXD I just came to browse the thread, and add my input but then I saw all THAT.
@Poweas and again the pallet vacuum has a change to make the game balance for both side. And like i said if both the survivors and the killer play with no mistekes the killer will most like it will lose.
@DarkGGhost I'm not talking about that though, I'm saying you guys were overly toxic. But yeah, it was needed and the devs will undoubtedly address the issue you just mentioned. Because unless it's Spirit, Hag, Nurse or Billy, it's a loss for the killer. Actually Billy would be crushed because he's loopable. Unless it's Spirit, Hag or Nurse.
I feel offended by that comment @Poweas. Where have I been aggressive and insulting? My post was very contructive, based on facts yet the only response I got was "Do you have video proof?" and even after we provided the requested video proof, no argumentation against my post whatsoever took place.
I'm tired of people putting themselves in the spotlight and as soon as people disagree they play the victim card. "Oh no, the Killers ganging up on me".
Believe it or not, there are Survivors out there that are just as tired of the devs ######### decisions like that Legion change, perks like MoM. When I see Survivors getting away thanks to their 2nd chance perks and then rub it in the Killers face as if they were any skilled I can only shake my head. Many Survivors NEED 2nd chance perks to survive and I'm tired of it.
It's insane how many untalented "Gamers" play this game, thinking they're actually good while they get carried by their SWFs and 2nd chance perks. And the Killers? They just have to take it as it comes. If they complain, they're the crybabies?
Firstly, i never said you. I meant RSB, the OP and that other dude. Secondly, I know the bs killers face, since i main it. Although I'm taking a break from it as my Spirit isn't as sharp as it used to be.
I didn't mean you, you was respectful compared to the others.
Also, the others were ganging up on him, I will not believe if anyone says otherwise.
@TreemanXD
Dude, go watch any Tru3talent video...
Good Lord that was a long read!
Anyway to answer the OP I believe that the developers prioritise survivor issues because of their severity.
A standard match of Dead by Daylight has 4 survivors and 1 killer. Regardless of how the actual game loads in, you NEED 4 survivors to start a game as killer.
So, if a problem arises that affects survivors it is fixed earlier than killer issues because it will logically affect a greater number of players (80% of every match). Furthermore, as I stated above, you NEED 4 survivor players to start a game vs 1 killer player. By focusing on fixing issues affecting the majority they increase the odds of both sides getting games often.
I understand that the 1 killer player is needed, however common sense dictates that 4 people are more than 1 person. In terms of fixing bugs and mechanics it makes sense to keep the majority happy so everyone can keep playing.
This logic is why the game isn't some murderfest or rampage simulator like some might have expected on the killer side. If killers are made too strong then nobody will want to play against them. Then the killer buffs will ultimately doom them because now they can't even play with their new buffs.
I know that there were times where it was disgusting. The "Dark Times" and "Howling Grounds" are a few excellent examples of sheer nonsensical power in the hands of survivors.
However, times have changed and now things are balancing out, finally! Sure MoM is now a perk combined with DS and Deliverance to punished the killer for playing. Sure new tank squads have become the meta at the high ranks. However, excluding these scenarios, the game has been getting closer and closer to balance.
@tt_ivi_99 Isn't he the guy that handicaps himself then complains when he can't win because he handicapped himself?
With your logic devs should help more the killer . You see if 120 survivors stop playing then 30 killers will wait more or can't find a game but if 120 killers stop playinf then 480 survivors will wait more in order to play the game. The saling piont of this game is the killers if you don't have killer to play ( bug,mechanics, balance...) the you lose your saling point.
I read all topic and hard do not write more often imo is fix surv problem and much later killer.Now this is not asymetrical game wher 4 weak survs need work together to win against one strong killer.No right now is 1surv can be equal as 1 killer.How long we wait for ds nerf 9 months.Change hatch still waiting gen rush totems still waiting...But legion abuse or try use his power as viable nerf now.Dont mention about plague and freedy nerfs.
This thread is a joke. DS nerfs, window nerfs, pallet nerfs, flashlight nerfs, whilst for killers it's buff buff buff. I main killer, and im disgusted that you think i'd agree with your absolute nonsence
That's just completely not true. Survivor perks have always been worse due to their being situational, and bad survivors can't make good use perks due to their inability to last in chases. Killers meanwhile, can do things like face camp and tunnel to ensure their undeserved killer, with very little skill involved. Complete and utter nonsense
@Peasant
In other words, the devs do in fact prioritize Survivors. It makes sense, I totally agree but at least they can be transparent with us.
It takes them 2 weeks to nerf a Killer into the ground (Freddy) and 18 months later they still didn't fix him?
It takes them more than 2 years to nerf a perk (DS) and a week later they already come up with a buff again?
I can understand why people feel left out in the rain. The devs promised a Leatherface cube, a Wraith cube, a Freddy rework and many other things that never actually happened. Instead, Survivors get a new standalone Survivor with DS 2.0 right after they "nerfed" DS. Bravo!
Also, regarding your last paragraph: The perks you mentioned are incredibly poorly designed. Deliverance not so much, but in combination it's devastating. Even a Leatherface with a charged chainsaw can't stop you from escaping with that combo, it's simply impossible and yes, I have tested that several times now (don't ask how). The high rank meta you mentioned is real and all Killers in high ranks are affected by it. Are we just going to ignore them? I used to constantly play in Rank 1 each season over the course of years but right now I'm sitting in Rank 9 facecamping people as Bubba because I see no reason to even try getting back to rank 1 because of this ######### pip system for Killers.
Oh, and quite ironically the Survivors pip system already got fixed somehow while the Killers is still #########.
I don't disagree with you, I just want to expand that opinion with some of my experiences / opinions that's why I put you in the post :-)
@Peasant
He asked for a video proof of that DS, Adrenaline, Dead Hard combo, you can have It in his channel.
Doesnt matter if he handicaps or not, those survivors have those builds, end of story
Could you point me where have I insulted him?
People need to realize the Devs can fix issues on both sides and still have a Bias.
It's pretty clear they do lean towards the Survivor side more than Killers, not to say they haven't done good for killers but anyone could take a look and see that.
If they truly wanted balance for both sides MoM wouldn't have even been considered for the game, especially after finally balancing DS after 2 whole years. Just look at the issues on each side and how quickly survivors issues are fixed in comparison to killers and let's not even get into SWF.
Isn't it ironic that now all of a sudden there's silence in here? Now that the only argument "show video proof" is gone? Typical...
He/she want video profof and nothing else
Because killer don't spend 10 bucks a week in new uberflashy skin for their P3 Kekdette/Pizza Dwight.
Killer spend money too you know
I've been playing this game since the beginning and recently the developers have been nonstop nerfing survivors. Nobody is getting prioritized anymore and if they are it certainly isn't the survivors.
Like ?
Did we forget about the 2018 and the amount of Killer buffs and Survivor changes already?
Wozzers... You wrote a novel complaining the Devs are pick one side over the other...
Here is one big tip for you "MAINS"....
THERE IS TWO SIDES OF THE GAME.... PLAY BOTH.
Stop thinking people, the Devs in particular, are out to get you and make the game unfun for you, cause you main one side of their two sided game.
Did it trully help the killers beat swf, or really good survivors? If the answer is no, then the "buff" is forgettable.
Well some of us sleep and it’s very clear that nobody’s opinions will change.
At least hes not lying xd
Heh you must love the new endgame. Survivors can get hatch or two exit gates and not have to do a single gen.
+ the killer can surender and end the game with 5 gens left
Easy, because survivors make them more money, so they get higher priority
You're not wrong.
Calling him a troll when he shared his opinion and calling most survivors trolls.
I will copy something here:
"@Ihatelife yes I do my forum troll friend. Once you stop trolling we can discuss more."
He called enother member of this community a troll, which he obviously isn't. Falsely calling someone a troll, while stating fake facts is trolling.
Most survivors? No. I will copy something here:
"They are troll and newbies because they are trolls and newbies. No sane player, that plays 50/50 for some amount of time will tell you, that game is killer-sided. Survivors have some problems, sure, but killers have way much more of them, and survivors are dominating the match, despite being "a weak role"." - this is what I have said.
Point where I called "most survivors" as a trolls.
Once again I will say that you don’t know what a newbie is. You are posting fake facts so you’re a troll and newbie by your logic.
Yes I did call him a troll as I think of everyone so heavily one sided. I stated the facts that they don’t prioritize either side. Any sane player who’s played long enough knows that.
"newbie
One who has little experience and little skill. Originally a contraction of the phrase "new blood," it is not necessary an insulting term, although the derivative noob is almost always used in a negative sense.
Little experience and skill. People with low hours, experience and skill are newbies.
Newbies often have deluded view on different aspects of a game.
@RSB and do I qualify for any of that? I don’t have low hours since I’ve literally been playing mostly every day for over a year and you have no way of evaluating my skill.