Stop bashing the developers, give them some time and stay positive! ❤

I'll just get straight to the point:

20190405_014644.jpg

The developers are trying their best to provide us a good game, well not just a good one, but a phenomenal game. Everyday, whether you believe it or not, they bust their butts trying to give us a master piece. However, the developers aren't perfect either, they are going to make mistakes here and there. As the community, we should be directing the developers in a better direction, not chide them for their mistakes. Imagine when you first started driving, it wouldn't be fun to get yelled at everytime you screwed up. However, you wouldn't mind if the person in the vehicle with you kindly showed you how to prevent future mistakes and offered you feedback. Treat the developers like that because bashing them won't achieve anything, it doesn't make the rework/change happen any faster. In fact it probably stresses them out more than anything else just to see a raging mob in the forums breathing down their necks. It's a common saying that you're more prone to mistakes when you're stressed out.


Before you say, well they didn't listen to our feedback so they just screwed us over. Well, that's probably because they honestly thought their solution was a lot better than yours. You have to keep convincing them that it's not best solution so you can get them to believe you. Remember, chiding them won't achieve much. Trust me, in a real life situation, yelling at someone makes them want to ignore you.


TL;DR: Don't be a D-word to the developers, they honestly try to give a great game I promise. However, we have to make sure that we do our part as the community but... we also have to make sure that we do it correctly; being a D-word is not the best way to do our part.


Edit: Added more clarification and corrected grammar.

Comments

  • @Maximus7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/404013#Comment_404013

    You and I both know Jeff also antagonized us at KA. He literally told us at one point that we just wanted ez 4k's, just like the entitled survivor mains on these forums.

    Idc how much of a scapegoat he was, he still didn't do his job and treated us like trash. I'll drown him in the criticism he deserves

    Who is Jeff tho?

  • @Maximus7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/404753#Comment_404753

    Only one of us iirc personally attacked him, and he was dealt with appropriately. He left when we gave him actual criticism and the other devs told us we were "bullying" him.

    He used his first perk, Breakdown. Not much else to the situation.

    He got bombarded from all sides on all channels he had joined. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off eventually.

  • They liked an idea better then ours?

    Like the idea of nerfing Spies from the shadows into uselessness? No one asked for that except people that didn't use the perk.

    Like adding ANOTHER chase extender into the game after years of us complaining about the last one. These perks are OP because of how this game plays. Without a secondary objective, like getting parts for the gens, these perks are overpowered. Just because of how the game plays. If you don't think so, you aren't playing against the best survivors.

    How about them actually using the PTB? Ash was released with 0 out of house testing. Every killer gets a week in the PTB, but their changes don't get tested. This cycle of testing is truly half-assed.

    How about the idea we've been shouting at them for better communication? DLC are released without much warning. We know they will be released on a tuesday, because we've been playing this game to long. But what about new players? It took me a while to find out how BHVR releases dlc, and people made me feel dumb for asked. Including staff. "We've always released on a tuesday" Yeah?How about telling us a date, instead of telling us that you just released them. Some people might like to be able to plan around buying the dlc.


    Sorry, these devs havent earned the respect you are telling us to give them. this is just a couple of the thorns in my side that keep me upset. But BHVR doesn't pay attention. That's how they ended up using the code from fallout shelter in the westworld game, and got sued.

  • I don't mean to sound harsh but I've given up on the Devs. I'm disappointed in their decisions and frankly just Tired and fed up with how they handle things.

    I'll never bash on them but People should be free to express their concerns especially in a game like this were balance is important.

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    I don't mean to sound harsh but I've given up on the Devs. I'm disappointed in their decisions and frankly just Tired and fed up with how they handle things.

    I'll never bash on them but People should be free to express their concerns especially in a game like this were balance is important.

    @Bongbingbing

    I'm okay with but I'm talking about the people who just keep going after the developers. They act like they purposefully screw their player base while eating popcorn to see our pain. In reality, they don't and actually do their best to please us (just like they did with Spirit chapter and the nerf to DS).

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/404755#Comment_404755

    He got bombarded from all sides on all channels he had joined. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off eventually.

    @DocOctober

    Wouldn't you do the same if multiple people were jumping on you?

  • People only have so much patience.

    Plus there's stuff like Howling Grounds that puts their idea of balance into serious doubt.


    I've been waiting for bullshit Totem placements to be removed for 2 years now btw.

    I can forgive new maps, but most maps still allow at least 1 placement close & in direct sight with a Generator.


    It can't be that it's not a thing they wanna do either, as they keep reminding us they're "working on it".

    Apparently that takes longer than 2 years.

  • I'll just get straight to the point:

    This 1 million %. They did listen to feedback and they continued to work on things. Love that ❤️

  • I'll just get straight to the point:

    Stick around long enough and you will get fed up with some things. That's all I'll say.

  • @PiiFree said:

    This feels like a déjà vu. We had the same situation in ARK: Survival Evolved, anyone that followed them through the development from Alpha to Full Release will understand what I'm talking about.

    There's always two types of players in a community: The fanboys / white knights and the "haters".

    Developers (should) have the capacity to take criticism and use it in a constructive way. I don't understand why people feel the need to babysit the developers as if they were some kids that need protection, it's just embarassing. Our feedback, even if it's negative and even if it's poorly worded or comes off mean, is still of a lot more value and importance than the feedback of a fanboy that just keeps telling them how perfect and great everything is, even though it's obviously not.

    The game will never improve if everyone keeps telling them that everything is great. After almost 3 years I was hoping that people finally realized that, but I guess not.

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    And now my personal impression after almost 3 years: The devs are probably laughing their asses off when they read stuff like OP. "Such a cute, naive playerbase". What do parents do when they get tired of an annoying toy? They take out the batteries and tell their kids "Ohhh no the battery is dead! It's a very special battery. We tried really hard to find another one but we just couldn't.... So sorry kids!!". "It's okay mom, we know that you try your best...".

    That's my personal "mean feedback". That's how I feel being treated like, do they take me for a fool? They're well aware of the issues and I'm sure the issues could've been fixed by now if they finally decided to fix them. But why should they? It's not in their interest. It's in the interest of us, the players that already paid them.

    A good example regarding the previous analogy I made: There was a discussion about the DS buff where someone asked why they didn't also implement a feature that recognizes if the Killer hooked someone in the meantime and then it would deactive DS. The devs reaction: It's a lot easier to quickly adjust the stun time, the hook mechanic would require a lot more work!

    They release the Plague, Jane and Ash all with completly new perks and mechanics. Apparently, it's not worth investing time to fix issues in their game when you can instead just create new content and get cash.

    /rant

    E: and don't get me wrong, this is not aimed at the great developers, community managers and mods in this community but the lead positions. The ones that set the priorities and make such poor decisions. I feel sorry for all the poor souls that have to talk to us and therefore getting all the blame even though they can't do ######### about it. It's like working as a waiter and the customer shouts at you because the food wasn't perfect. You did nothing wrong but you still get the blame. It seems impossible for us to reach the responsible person, unfortunately.

    @PiiFree Yes that was me bombarding the DS threads telling them to add the feature (hooking someone else deactivates DS).

    Went as far as directly (@) them several times so they would read it. They wouldn't even answer.

    And the answer that they finally gave after the buff, stating it would have been more difficult to add a function to the perk, was all I needed to finally understand. They simply can not afford to keep losing players -survivors at least-

    Look into MoM's introduction as a perk just in time to "save" the day:

    Legion's fiasco after everyone told them it was a bad idea, resulted in pissing off the Survivor playerbase. DS gets reworked, more pissing off. Don't worry guys, in a couple of days we'll buff it again and here comes MoM, another free chance for you bad survivors and an OP crutch for experienced ones! But please keep playing! Don't DC and leave the game please! Our killers don't matter because they're so addicted to the game that they can afford being stepped on. And if they leave, they'll be replaced when a new chapter drops.

    MoM is a really terrible idea right from the drawing board and every killer told them from day 1 of the leak. Why on Earth would they design a perk punishing what a player MUST do if he wants to play the game??? It's akin to a perk punishing survivors for hitting normal skill checks! Like, every fourth normal skill check you hit, you'll be penalized with 30 seconds of progress. Because genrush. MoM sponges a hit, because rank 20's (aka the new guys with open wallets) are dropping like flies. Killers, shut up already because the perk has requirements to be met!

    Flip flop is a strong perk, but in no way is a dumb one, or a punishing-for-free one. MoM is BS, hot, steamy and straight out of a bull's ass, and it only confirms that most of the killers are not meant to kill but are there just there for fun, entertainers in a Tom & Jerry circus.

    As they said, if you want to kill people, play Billy or Nurse. For now at least, because I smell nerfs in the future for them too.

    I've already got more than enough value from the game out of the money I poured into it. Unbalanced gameplay and a truckload of unfixed bugs finally did it. And also, blue screen crashes are bad for my console.

    Good luck.

  • Just going to bring this topic back up because... yeah.

  • I'll just get straight to the point:

    Trying one's best sometimes isn't enough

    U gotta be talented and experienced gamer

    I'm afraid they make the game's decisions in meetings rather than by playing

  • I can be polite but is the fact is devs aren’t doing a good job.

  • @sorrowen said:

    I can be polite but is the devs aren’t doing a good job.

    I can agree, but they are doing way better than 2 years ago.

  • They've had enough damn time. We're tired of their bullshit!

  • @KaoMinerva said:

    They've had enough damn time. We're tired of their bullshit!

    I get that, but can you at least act mature about it? It's like this community goes apes when the developers screw one time in a while.

  • I really like dbd devs, i think they are one of the best honstly

    i know theres an endless bugs and need some balance here and there

    (which i think they just need more people in their team) but overall i really like what they are giving us

    ideas of killers, too many perks, new content every 3 months for such a simple game, thats not easy

    killers just needs to calm down and remeber 2-3 kills isnt bad at all!

  • I understand those bashing when we see how bad year 4 is gonna be. I mean look at ghostface , look how they want to nerf nurse , how they are still slow to fix the game after three years.

    Red ranks should be the best/challenging players instead of that. We see always the same perks/killers, maps design is breaking balance alongside the gen rush meta. Most killers are still not viable at these ranks and 95% of the perks unused because how bad they are.

    Feedback are mostly ignored look at legion , plague , clown. Same for perks/maps we all know how crotus prenn/haddonfield/wretched shop can be gamebreaking that being THREE YEARS.

  • @xllxENIGMAxllx said:

    I understand those bashing when we see how bad year 4 is gonna be. I mean look at ghostface , look how they want to nerf nurse , how they are still slow to fix the game after three years.

    Red ranks should be the best/challenging players instead of that. We see always the same perks/killers, maps design is breaking balance alongside the gen rush meta. Most killers are still not viable at these ranks and 95% of the perks unused because how bad they are.

    Feedback are mostly ignored look at legion , plague , clown. Same for perks/maps we all know how crotus prenn/haddonfield/wretched shop can be gamebreaking that being THREE YEARS.

    @xllxENIGMAxllx Have they said how they want to nerf Nurse?

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/404032#Comment_404032

    They have from the very start said that dedicated servers wouldn't be a thing so no one really bothered too much with that afterwards. Self-explanatory things like rank rewards have been demanded more throughout DbD's lifetime.

    You're too trusting in the developers that they'll magically fix things. They don't care ######### about you, me, that guy over there and especially not Bob in the corner over yonder. They care about money. That's why we've been getting DLCs, the Store, unreasonable amount of trash cosmetics while everything else's on fire.

    This. BHVR aren't a charity, they are a for profit business. The only way that they would ever truly respond to the negative community feedback is to boycott any/all future sales. This would force them to look back and see where mistakes are being made. I agree that there are some developers that do care about the game itself, but this is unfortunately sullied but those that just want to make a quick buck and move on to the next profitable bit of content.

  • Nope not yet but it's high priority.

  • Bringing this up again because everyone said the developers were only making terrible killers. However, guess what, they literally made Ghostface the best killer ever! :)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/822/VCKO1UYHE84E.jpg People of the Fog, It has been just over a week since Ghost Face debuted on the Player Test Build (PTB).


  • Fun thing is seeing some people so entitled to tell developers that they are incompetents xD

    also 99% of those people dont understand anything about the game and try to teach developers how to do their job lmao

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    I really like dbd devs, i think they are one of the best honstly

    i know theres an endless bugs and need some balance here and there

    (which i think they just need more people in their team) but overall i really like what they are giving us

    ideas of killers, too many perks, new content every 3 months for such a simple game, thats not easy

    killers just needs to calm down and remeber 2-3 kills isnt bad at all!

    Way to throw all the Survivors who don't think the game is balanced under the bus (aka ME)

  • That's gonna be a big fat NO from me.

    When's its been 3 years and you're still having to bandaid fix issues in your game , market more ways to get us to open our wallets to you, instead of just going your JOB to make DBD as good as it can be.

    -Im sick of perks that have been in the game for a year or 2 heck even 3 not even being buffed or updated.

    -Im sick of perks being solutions to the developers shortcomings or issues they glanced over.

    -I want to be able to run whatever perk combo instead of just playing constant meta.

    -I want chapters to be A SURVIVOR A MAP AND A KILLER! Not some stupid OH YEAH 1 killer/survivor CHAPTER BTW 4HEAD. No that's a paragraph!

    I want killers to stop having their abilities be in survivors control and killers get cucked by it.

    Dbd is literally an abusive relationship, you really like the person but they just keep beating you with a stick every time you compliment them (aka everytime they do something right they mess up 3 other things)

  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    That's gonna be a big fat NO from me.

    When's its been 3 years and you're still having to bandaid fix issues in your game , market more ways to get us to open our wallets to you, instead of just going your JOB to make DBD as good as it can be.

    -Im sick of perks that have been in the game for a year or 2 heck even 3 not even being buffed or updated.

    -Im sick of perks being solutions to the developers shortcomings or issues they glanced over.

    -I want to be able to run whatever perk combo instead of just playing constant meta.

    -I want chapters to be A SURVIVOR A MAP AND A KILLER! Not some stupid OH YEAH 1 killer/survivor CHAPTER BTW 4HEAD. No that's a paragraph!

    I want killers to stop having their abilities be in survivors control and killers get cucked by it.

    Dbd is literally an abusive relationship, you really like the person but they just beating you with a stick everytime you complimenot (aka everytime they do something right they mess up 3 other things)

    $10 cosmetics and the devs know they aren't worth $10 much less the hundreds it takes to get them if you want them all. Ghost face buffs make him only slightly less ######### but still #########

  • It's very disheartening to see such a positive post turn bad in some comments. Regardless, I couldn't agree with this anymore. The developers deserve a lot of credit and respect for all that they've done. ♥ The game and community that they've created is a huge part of my life and I'm so happy to be apart of it.

  • @GhostlyFoxx said:

    It's very disheartening to see such a positive post turn bad in some comments. Regardless, I couldn't agree with this anymore. The developers deserve a lot of credit and respect for all that they've done. ♥ The game and community that they've created is a huge part of my life and I'm so happy to be apart of it.

    @GhostlyFoxx

    Preach it! ❤

  • Well its no one's fault but the devs that they thought giving survivors control over a killers power was smart. Can we stop with the white knightening...

  • There are some great people in this community, but the amount of entitled, immature, and uneducated criticism the devs get is just ridiculous. Regardless of all the things wrong with the game, there is still constant effort being made to improve it. Even with all it’s flaws I love this game to death. If you don’t like something, that’s okay, give constructive feedback! But stop shitting on people who are actually listening and working hard to give us what we (with in reason) want. This isn't Konami ffs.

  • @sorrowen said:

    Well its no one's fault but the devs that they thought giving survivors control over a killers power was smart. Can we stop with the white knightening...

    Agreed, it's almost like these melvins havent heard of constructive criticism.



    Imagine not being here since launch and barely joining in now and feel the need to post this.

    How about when the devs finish year 4 and they make good choices and updates i'll be the first person to congratulate them on here about it.

    Cause now it's just a matter of time till they slip and drop all the plates.

1 2 ›