The number of safe pallets is ridiculous

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not trying to imply that survivors shouldn't have a way to avoid the killer, nor am I saying killers should win every game. However, the sheer number of safe pallets on maps like Coldwind, Autohaven, and especially Purgation means that your standard movement killers are even less viable than they previously were against good survivors. Good survivors are not going to fall for moonwalks and counter-rotations when they can see through or see over the walls in a loop. This is becoming less about skill in a chase and more about how well pallet locations can be learned. Doing well as a mid or low tier killer shouldn't hinge on survivor mistakes.

Comments

  • You're completely ignoring all the unsafe pallets that once the safe pallets are removed makes the map very friendly for killers.

  • Remove god pallet Kappa

  • Autohaven can be awful for this.

  • @powerbats said:

    You're completely ignoring all the unsafe pallets that once the safe pallets are removed makes the map very friendly for killers.

    But you are completely ignoring that maps like coldwind, auothaven or the new one is basically 90% of ultra save pallets and in general strong tiles.

  • @powerbats said:

    You're completely ignoring all the unsafe pallets that once the safe pallets are removed makes the map very friendly for killers.

    At which point 2-3 gens are done and it doesn't matter

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382232#Comment_382232

    But you are completely ignoring that maps like coldwind, auothaven or the new one is basically 90% of ultra save pallets and in general strong tiles.

    Oh good fing grief, it's not 90% ultra safe pallets and you totally ignore every unsafe pallet on the map. There's also the fact that once those safe pallets are gone those areas become unsafe.


    Lets not forget, Nurse, Legion, Spirit, Hag, Trapper, Doctor, etc and if you think it's all safe tiles that means you're not as good as you think.


    Do you think Marth88 comes to the forums and complains about those pallets, no he removes them, mind games them and just flat out destroys. Now inb4 any of the usuals say 4k+ hours he got as good as he did by not complaining and improving.

  • @powerbats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382263#Comment_382263

    Oh good fing grief, it's not 90% ultra safe pallets and you totally ignore every unsafe pallet on the map. There's also the fact that once those safe pallets are gone those areas become unsafe.

    Lets not forget, Nurse, Legion, Spirit, Hag, Trapper, Doctor, etc and if you think it's all safe tiles that means you're not as good as you think.

    Do you think Marth88 comes to the forums and complains about those pallets, no he removes them, mind games them and just flat out destroys. Now inb4 any of the usuals say 4k+ hours he got as good as he did by not complaining and improving.

    Maybe my memory is tricking me, but do you mind to tell me ONE SINGLE unsafe pallet on a map like coldwind farm rotten fields or auothaven blood lodge? I don't know a single one. Maybe 1 or 2 at best but only when rng is in the favour of the killer.

  • Enduring, Spirit Fury, Brutal Strength.

    I hope you didn't have breakfast today.

  • Or:

    Enduring, Spirit Fury, Chainsaw killer

    But most importantly: Don't fall for cartoony chases! Fake you're going after 1 guy, switch targets, come back for the first guy and catch him with his pants down in other area.


    And when all that fails:

    G I T

    U

    D

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382268#Comment_382268

    Maybe my memory is tricking me, but do you mind to tell me ONE SINGLE unsafe pallet on a map like coldwind farm rotten fields or auothaven blood lodge? I don't know a single one. Maybe 1 or 2 at best but only when rng is in the favour of the killer.

    In Blood lodge, there's a lot. All those pallets in the middle arent safe. A safe pallet is a no bloodlust/mindgame pallet like the ones in The Game. Most pallets are what I call neutral pallets, they are not safe by a long shot but not dangerous. The only map with a bunch of 'safe' pallets is The Game.

  • Some maps, like Shelter Woods and the new one, seem to have very few pallets. There are plenty of spaces where it seems like a pallet should be, perfectly positioned to have one between them, but large empty spaces where there are only a few trees/rocks (or ruins in the new map) that you can only last so long in a chase. I'm not that good at running forever, and with Scratch Marks, Bloodlust, and the fact that killers move faster than me, it can be difficult. Guess I'll have to keep practicing and "git gud."

  • @Coriander said:

    Some maps, like Shelter Woods and the new one, seem to have very few pallets. There are plenty of spaces where it seems like a pallet should be, perfectly positioned to have one between them, but large empty spaces where there are only a few trees/rocks (or ruins in the new map) that you can only last so long in a chase. I'm not that good at running forever, and with Scratch Marks, Bloodlust, and the fact that killers move faster than me, it can be difficult. Guess I'll have to keep practicing and "git gud."

    The new map has tons of pallets, especially around the temple that are basically lined up to help you in a chase.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382268#Comment_382268

    Maybe my memory is tricking me, but do you mind to tell me ONE SINGLE unsafe pallet on a map like coldwind farm rotten fields or auothaven blood lodge? I don't know a single one. Maybe 1 or 2 at best but only when rng is in the favour of the killer.

    Hmmn lets see all the pallets on the outside of the map that killers can either easily mind game, then there's the pallets like on Springfield that are little more than take me I'm yours pallets.

  • @Coriander said:

    Some maps, like Shelter Woods and the new one, seem to have very few pallets. There are plenty of spaces where it seems like a pallet should be, perfectly positioned to have one between them, but large empty spaces where there are only a few trees/rocks (or ruins in the new map) that you can only last so long in a chase. I'm not that good at running forever, and with Scratch Marks, Bloodlust, and the fact that killers move faster than me, it can be difficult. Guess I'll have to keep practicing and "git gud."

    The problem is you're getting there *after* they were already broken

  • @doitagain_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382338#Comment_382338

    The new map has tons of pallets, especially around the temple that are basically lined up to help you in a chase.

    That's great, go there. That way I'll break them all in a single chase with my pallet-for-snacks build.

    ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • @powerbats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382281#Comment_382281

    Hmmn lets see all the pallets on the outside of the map that killers can either easily mind game, then there's the pallets like on Springfield that are little more than take me I'm yours pallets.

    6821.jpg

    I don't see any pallets

    ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • Coldwind wouldn't be so bad if they fixed the jungle gyms so that you couldn't see the killer at all times through the cracks in the wood. Every other map has these same jungle gyms but you can at the very least somewhat mind game them because they can't see you all the time. Only really good survivors will be able to do those loops perfectly. Coldwind though, any potato can loop you forever because THEY CAN SEE YOU.

    And yea there are a lot of safe pallets on Temple. They need to adjust some of the spots so they are less safe, mostly at the stone walls and such outside of the Temple itself.

  • just mingame the safe pallet lul

  • You do know as a supernaturally charged killer you have the ability to break through obstacles right? Simply press the space-bar and you will be able to break the pallet, and resume the chase.

    20190316162320_1.jpg


  • It's only a joke, you said Springfield after all. And we were talking about humour earlier today. Have a good day man.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382281#Comment_382281

    In Blood lodge, there's a lot. All those pallets in the middle arent safe. A safe pallet is a no bloodlust/mindgame pallet like the ones in The Game. Most pallets are what I call neutral pallets, they are not safe by a long shot but not dangerous. The only map with a bunch of 'safe' pallets is The Game.

    A lot of those are actually safe. Bloodlust? Ain't nobody got time for bloodlust.

    I normally break 2 or so on one part of the map, then break chase. When you find a new survivor chances are they're going to run to the middle of blood lodge because they know it's pallet haven and the broken pallets catch them off guard. Slowly but surely those pallets all disappear and it pays well later.

    If Ruin is up and no gens are done sometimes I'll let the survivor use a few more. Its funny because they tbag thinking they're good looping the killer but in reality they screw over their team by dropping all the pallets so early in the game.

  • Just eat the pallets

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    Enduring, Spirit Fury, Brutal Strength.

    I hope you didn't have breakfast today.

    How BS is any good ?

  • This content has been removed.
  • I use it on my Trapper. When I get "blessed" with a pallet heavy map, it works wonders. I just break every pallet and kick every gen. Every 5 kicks you've already saved 1. Clearing 20 pallets in the same time you'd clear only 16 without it, is a good thing to me. Those saved seconds mean a lot.

    Besides, survivors don't gain too much distance after dropping the pallet, since they usually wait to the last instant to do so, and some tbag or self care on the other side.

    Now, BS coupled with Spirit fury and Enduring, give you the speed boost PLUS it's a free hit every 3rd pallet. I just had a match 2 or 3 days ago where my SF was activated 5 times in the new map. Landed hits on all five. That means a lot of pressure on survivors. And you can almost insta-down the survivor if you land the first hit at the same time the pallet breaks on your head.

  • Let me preface this by saying that I'm not trying to imply that survivors shouldn't have a way to avoid the killer, nor am I saying killers should win every game.

    How many safe pallets on killers favoured maps?