Stupidly fast generators

Is it really normal for 4 gens to be done in under 2 minutes? Because that's what happened to me in the past 4 games. Oh and in every single one of those games there were SWF groups. I just can't avoid them. They are literally everywere. I know that killer used to be a lot worse back in the day, but still.... This game is supposed to be asymmetric ffs....

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @MhhBurgers I think with Marth is what makes him so good is he's got a complete understanding of the game in it's entirety. Now combine that with having played killer so much he can play survivor more optimally than most.


    That's the point I'm trying to make when you use him as an example, he's still in the top 1% of players worldwide just because his knowledge and experience is so vast. Tru is good but he sometimes gets full of himself.


    The hitbox change I agree would be nice and make killers much more even across the board. That way nurse/Billy/Spirit wouldn't be such a meta (Spirit main btw so I'm biased). I do love playing Trapper and Myers and Amanda but it's not as satisfying.


    The lunar event was only included as a reference point and the only real patch was the Jan one the rest were minor. The Legion patch we won't even discuss because Legion and the new engine update.


    The new Spies and surveillance updates along with the Pig changes were very welcome and I look forward to Freddy's remake. I just don't like the whole Fire and Forget missile type thing.


    The new killer looks really interesting and she's got some really unique things she can do as some people I sometimes play with discovered. If people are crouching behind things you just change your aim ala Artillery ( who remembers that old game). You can down people with her empowered ability even behind los blockers.

  • @MhhBurgers

    "This is why we need nerfs and mechanics that affect optimal survivors too or even more than regular survivors. For instance optimal survivors don't give a ######### about RUIN or stuff like overcharge or hitting their DS etc.

    The answer wouldn't be to make these things harder but to rework them so that they affect everybody the same."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w

    Some people don't get that concept. ;)

    Maybe this video can help some people.

  • @powerbats said:

    @MhhBurgers I think with Marth is what makes him so good is he's got a complete understanding of the game in it's entirety. Now combine that with having played killer so much he can play survivor more optimally than most.

    That's the point I'm trying to make when you use him as an example, he's still in the top 1% of players worldwide just because his knowledge and experience is so vast. Tru is good but he sometimes gets full of himself.

    The hitbox change I agree would be nice and make killers much more even across the board. That way nurse/Billy/Spirit wouldn't be such a meta (Spirit main btw so I'm biased). I do love playing Trapper and Myers and Amanda but it's not as satisfying.

    The lunar event was only included as a reference point and the only real patch was the Jan one the rest were minor. The Legion patch we won't even discuss because Legion and the new engine update.

    The new Spies and surveillance updates along with the Pig changes were very welcome and I look forward to Freddy's remake. I just don't like the whole Fire and Forget missile type thing.

    The new killer looks really interesting and she's got some really unique things she can do as some people I sometimes play with discovered. If people are crouching behind things you just change your aim ala Artillery ( who remembers that old game). You can down people with her empowered ability even behind los blockers.

    I agree with most of your points but you still can't say that the game substantially changed from the video I posted.


    Most killers still don't run spies from the shadows, I sometimes do but in many games it feels really pointless still.

    I have not seen many killers use surveillance at all. I think the perk is very nice on Legion because you can tell if the deep wounded survivor went back to tap the gen so you know approximately where he is and can down him.

    I still don't see how the Lunar event change did anything for killers other than give them the option to earn cosmetics in a more realistic time. The only thing that event did in terms of killer power was make survivors glow and stand out more.

    The new killer gets crushed by stealth and her mechanics feel unworthy of a plague-themed character. Breaking through the plague is just a minor inconvenience reminiscent of Mending against a legion with the difference that against a legion you will have to heal up and take your time after a hook if you're unsure about getting hit again. They either need to make it MUCH easier to spread the plague or remove the heal from the fountains, then she'd be at a good and fun spot.

  • did i just accidentaly caused a war on this thread?

  • @Adonisadon234

    It's just a hot topic since… forever…

    Because like I said, the calculations for chases in relation to gen time is wrong from the start.

    That's why killer feel kinda helpless against survivor that seriously want to escape instead of fooling around.


  • @powerbats said:

    Hmmn same tired old Depip level 1 yr old videos proving absolutely nothing because the games vastly different. Also you're implying that every game is a 4 man swf swat team yet survival rate is below 50% in red ranks.

    Do I really need to list the massive wall of changes that's happened since that video or are you finally going to stop trolling with that video.

    If you let all 5 gens pop and didn't get anyone sacrificed YOU FAILED AS A KILLER, bottom line. No if's and's or but's. When you 4k that means the survivors failed no if's and's or but's.

    The fact you can still only use Marth's video from so long ago or Tru's where he goes perkless and plays horribly shows you've got no argument.

    Why some of you still put survival rate below 50% as an argument?

    There are a lot of absurd and avoidable survivor deaths due being overaltruistic or to a lesser extent looking for the hatch with the gates open. The more higher the rank is more overaltruistic the people is.

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354378#Comment_354378

    Why some of you still put survival rate below 50% as an argument?

    There are a lot of absurd and avoidable survivor deaths due being overaltruistic or to a lesser extent looking for the hatch with the gates open. The more higher the rank is more overaltruistic the people is.

    And don't forget cocky. Most won't leave when the gates open and some of them die. It happens during a game also, they either die early trying to bully the killer or dc.

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354378#Comment_354378

    Why some of you still put survival rate below 50% as an argument?

    There are a lot of absurd and avoidable survivor deaths due being overaltruistic or to a lesser extent looking for the hatch with the gates open. The more higher the rank is more overaltruistic the people is.

    Because that's the official statistic for red ranks and don't forget NOED deaths, people killing themselves on hook because their teams getting wrecked. The killer hard camping at 5 gens so they get 1-2 kills. All the Legions out there exploiting for 3-4k and other reasons.

  • @Wolf74

    Lmao that E. Honda "1000 slaps" reference is perfect. I absolutely suck at fighting games but this attack always allowed me to win against my friends but they sure as hell wanted to beat the hell outta me IRL after a few matches.

  • "Why some of you still put survival rate below 50% as an argument?"

    Because it fits their narrativ.

    Everybody actually KNOWS that those stats are flawed, because survivor do not "need" to escape to "win/pip".

    But with that stat the survivor mains can go up against any killer buff.

    Way to many games turn into a 3K when it should have been a 1K, only because the cocky survivor try everything to rescue the last guy.

    And don't forget all the DCs and suicides and of course all the poor survivor that die because the other survivor left to derank.

    The escaperate would only be of any value for balance evaluation IF the survivor had a way stronger incentive to escape.

  • @MhhBurgers - I don't think making survivor hit boxes is a good idea, as there are already way too many hits that should be misses. I think the key would be to make the killer's hitbox smaller so they can move around pallets as tight as a survivor. That would cut the chase down significantly. Granted, killer's blocking basement would not be the same, but it would be a small price to pay in order to cut those loops down. Would also really help killers like Trapper as survivors can often avoid traps but he can't. Smaller hit box would allow him to continue the chase.

    Just a thought.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354132#Comment_354132

    You cannot pressure the gens with the non instadown killers because they lack map presence, is this hard for you to understand? We need to traverse the map, hitting a survivor takes more than 20 seconds unless they ######### up, downing a survivor takes at least 40 seconds unless they royally screw up.

    Marth is by no standards a very good survivor, he's average and they're not even using the best toolboxes and setup to rush those gens.

    You tell us to pressure gens, that's funny because when we try to chase 1 survivor away from a gen that is nearly done and kick that gen, all it takes is a single TAP for them to restart it. They can even restart it mid chase if the gen is either in a jungle-gym or close to a very loopable spot which most gens most of the time are.

    But since you think all those killers are just bad then go challenge them, they basically ######### over scottjund while being perkless, he had to camp the second survivor to get a 2k against itemless perkless survivors and the game hasn't changed THAT much to offset this hard imbalance. I imagine actual survivor mains would be able to do MUCH better than them.

    Yes obviously. I've feel like this conversation is going no where and you are completely missing the context of what I am saying.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @iceman2kx

    "If they are getting completed that fast, you aren't pressuring the survivors enough. Doing gens is literally their only objective, what are you doing to stop it? "

    You obviously do not get that. It is a flaw at the core of the game. The Devs never calculated the times right. They expected the survivor to play stealthy and trying to avoid the killer and bunching up to help each other. But that's not the way good survivor play. They play EFFICIENT. And the whole chase calculation is just completely off. It is a major misscalculation that puts killer at a severe disadvantage against any decent team and they do not have to be SWF, they just need to follow some simple gen rush rules and pick the right perks and can repeat that without any trouble.

    Take a look at my calculations and tell me what the killer should do.

    Most killer can't apply any more pressure than chasing anyone and with SELF CARE around just switching targets and spreading out the damage isn't working at all.

    With ~35 sec per hit and SC needing 32 sec it doesn't help the killer in any way to switch targets and drop chases.

    The killer needs survivor to make bad decisions.

    If both sides play on the same skilllevel, the killer will lose with 1K max.

    To get more the killer has to be waaaaay better than the survivor.

    Sometimes I admit that it helps to switch targets, if you can spot a weak runner that you can take advantage off... but exactly that the Devs try to take away by artifically protect those easy kills from getting "tunneled".

    So I will ELI5 this since this topic has completely went off the rails.

    There is a huge difference between a new killer (my OP was directed at) not pressuring gens correctly and optimal players finishing gens super quick. This topic quickly went from giving advice to a new killer straight to gen rushing. To tell him a new killer, "gen rushing is a thing and it's there, you can't do anything about it" is just wrong advice. If you really believe this, then you are just a bad player. This is the truth. You can absolutely pressure gens. You can strategically let survivors complete certain gens, you can try to 3 gen a survivor team, you can chase survivors away from gens. I do this every game because it's necessary on certain killers. But none of this advice was given to this new player seeking help.

    *Edit

    And so, so many killers form bad habits which make them bad player. They tunnel the best looper on the team for 4 gens then complain about gen rushing. Here's a hint, the worst survivor on the team is just as good as holding M1 down as the best looper is. I do believe gen completion rate is an issue, but I also believe killers are generally bad players (like the guy I mocked initially) and don't know basic gen pressuring techniques. Then they blame the game mechanics when it's their fault. Go watch a Zubatlel game and see how often he is "gen rushed". Spoiler, it doesn't happen because he's a God.

    You guys were so occupied in your own agenda you jumped down the throat of the first person to give this new killer advice. That's where the topic derailed into optimal players gen rushing. Get over yourselves, this isn't what this was about.

  • would changing the amount of gens make a difference? like having to repair 6 gens instead of 5 and having 8 on the map instead of 7?

  • @DwikeyMain84 said:

    would changing the amount of gens make a difference? like having to repair 6 gens instead of 5 and having 8 on the map instead of 7?

    Nope. Right now, you can have 3 survivors working on generators at any given time, assuming the one guy being chased knows how to exploit hitboxes, I mean loop, and the killer (character) can't counter that exploit, I mean perfectly legitimate tactic. This means that 5 generators can be repaired in two sets (3+2). 6 generators, likewise, can be repaired in two sets (3+3), so the minimum time is unchanged. If the number of generators is not a multiple of the number of survivors on them, then the repair time is unchanged.

    On the other hand, if you increase the number of generators, you're screwing over the newbies. It's too much for them to handle. Adding more generators is simply not going to work.


  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/355299#Comment_355299

    Nope. Right now, you can have 3 survivors working on generators at any given time, assuming the one guy being chased knows how to exploit hitboxes, I mean loop, and the killer (character) can't counter that exploit, I mean perfectly legitimate tactic. This means that 5 generators can be repaired in two sets (3+2). 6 generators, likewise, can be repaired in two sets (3+3), so the minimum time is unchanged. If the number of generators is not a multiple of the number of survivors on them, then the repair time is unchanged.

    On the other hand, if you increase the number of generators, you're screwing over the newbies. It's too much for them to handle. Adding more generators is simply not going to work.

    what if they could implement 5 gens for rank 10-20 and 6 gens for rank 1-9? @Orion

  • @ColonGlock said:

    I never use Ruin or Noed. I have more good than bad games and I have 4 perks all game.

    I focus on trying to have fun and getting blood points. This makes the game much more relaxing for me as killer. I understand the frustration but this game only gets to you if you are expecting a certain result instead of going with the flow.

    Same here. Sometimes I get shat on. Most times I do not. I don't consider myself to be a great killer either. I try my best and realistically if I get all four bbq stacks and some good chases, hooks I consider it a good game. I don't need a 4k to consider it a successful match.

    Some of these killers just need to have some perspective on this game.

    Also, on the games I get rolled in, sometimes it is actually my fault. I may stay on a chase too long or miss on swings. Like believe it or not, sometimes you have to hold yourself accountable for a piss poor round. Learn and move on to the next one.

  • @DwikeyMain84 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/355354#Comment_355354

    what if they could implement 5 gens for rank 10-20 and 6 gens for rank 1-9? @Orion

    The skill disparity between R9 survivors and R1 expert survivors is ridiculously huge, we should work on reducing that skill limit to make optimal survivors have less of a drastic edge.

  • @DwikeyMain84 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/355354#Comment_355354

    what if they could implement 5 gens for rank 10-20 and 6 gens for rank 1-9? @Orion

    As I explained, the number would have to be 7 or greater, since 4, 5, or 6 generators have the same minimum repair time (assuming only one survivor per generator, which is what usually happens). Regardless, adding more generators is not a solution.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    I rarely see the true "gen-rush". SWF with engineer tool boxes, BNP, etc. 3 Gens are done before I set the second trap. 4th is done by the time I see someone, fifth is done by first hook. Just became an end-game match.

    Those happen, but less than 10% of the time. Most of the time, they don't get gens done that fast. Are gens fast, yes, but what is the counterbalance if we slow them down? Already the survival rate is below 40%. How low does it have to go?

    40%... dont look at the stats man... those are so botched it's silly... how many survs were trying to depip in those numbers?...how many of those were matched that were 3 man escapes but ended up being stupid and killing themselves in the end.... so many variables that makes the survival death % garbage...

1 2 ›