CHAPTER TEASER! (real)
This is the first teaser we got on tuesday so
maybe PTB today
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm super reluctant on guessing it's going to be a pastor or a priest, but still somehow related to The Clown and The Nurse with the Asylum and Church.
I'm reluctant on the priest/pastor because he was killed given one of the Nurse's add on, but idk
Could it be a Solider? Knight? Pastor, Priest? Nun?
Idk mannn
I would LOVE to see a morally bankrupt Survivor with perks that are selfish and boost them while hurting their teammates. This would help solo players and nerf swf. The only time swf would play these perks is to troll one another.
I see whiskers so I am thinking they're more like lions.
I don't know but something is not right with that coffin shaped box, which is used to hold incense. Only Buddhists use that shape, yet there are 2 crosses on it, which doesn't make any sense.
@Pirscher
For me, the nose should be a lot smaller.
maybe it is a female cult leader
I saw "In the darkest of times" as a reference to the Dark Ages.
I believe that the killer will be an overzealous crusader that falsely believes the Entity is his god.
Also Mali is just the codename for the chapter.
I knew it, it is gonna be in Timbuktu
I really hope for cultist or clerik/priest of some kind. And 2 floor map of catacombs + church/graveyard.
The new map looks like an indoor map.
Something like a ruin or a temple.
However it could have a second floor because the uploaded an internel test build that was called 2 floor gen fix
It's like a dungeon?
if the killer is a nun or priest than i'm renaming myself to ACatholicKiller
It's a "genie" in a bottle. The Jinn are nothing like "I Dream of Genie".
temple of a Cult
temple of the witch
Broken Knight of the Templar or Crazy Tibetan Monk
It's a fockin Jehovas witness !
They could stir up some free advertisement by going the route of a real religion but they are much too SJW for that.
I believe the next killer is going to be pyramid head!
No, they'd stir up censorship instead, which is why they're not going to shoot themselves in the foot.
Seriously, anti-SJWs are more annoying than SJWs.
i'm excited
Censorship by who rofl, no country that has many ppl playing DBD would censor them for religious context.
Also the general population would probably disagree with your opinion about anti-SJWs at least if youtube and social media is a good source to go by.
China would've censored the game for the Doctor if he'd been Asian. Christians in the USA throw a hissy fit any time someone portrays their particular flavor of christianity in a bad light or just dares to release something they find offensive. You're seriously underestimating how many countries would boycott and/or ban this game for minor things.
The general population is neither explicitly for nor explicitly against SJWs, and we agree that both sides are (at least) equally annoying. This discussion had nothing to do with SJWs, but you just had to bring up the subject.
The US CAN not censor games based on religion so that point is moot, them throwing a fit would be actual free advertisement. China doesn't care about religion if it's portrayed in a bad way.
And so what? Let's say just three countries ban the game. That's not only several million potential customers you're deprived yourself of, but also several thousand current customers who can no longer purchase or make use of your product, all for the possibility of stirring up enough ######### with manufactured controversy that you'll make up for that with free advertisement.
Companies that want to make money don't intentionally deprive themselves of customers. It's absurd.
Who cares, can't please everybody. I don't think DBD would ever gain traction in for example Indonesia where such things matter in the first place.
I think Orion's point is that the devs are "who cares", or at least they should be if they want to keep making money. Also, they're the ones with the actual statistics, so they would actually know where their playerbase lies. Given that somewhere between a quarter and a third of the world's population self-identify as Christian, probably a sizeable chunk of dbd players are too, and that's a lot of people they could potentially piss off for no good reason. Especially if you include non-Christians who simply consider it in bad taste to demonise an entire religion. In short, it doesn't really matter if one person thinks it's fine, from a business standpoint it's not necessary and won't do them any favours in the long run.
No I'm cool with all that. I'm a Christian, and I play this game ya know? I like horror films.
There's a nice line between entertainment and common sense. I'm cool. Just as long as they don't belittle Christ and make it some mockery or agenda.
I'm down.
The killer is in the picture i believe. It can camouflage. If you look the design is uneven on the left side, and the little “face talisman thing” is actually being held by hands. Killer has half a mask on (maybe)
Original pic :
My guesses:
1) Minotaur
2) Gorgon
3) Priest(ess)
It kind of also looks like a hanging terracotta urn but I'm not putting my eggs in that basket.
As for it being a christian based monster or priest, I doubt that since the developers have stated they wanted to avoid religious based killers in general.
In case this hasn't been posted already:
https://youtu.be/sAn7baRbhx4
Some kind of vampire maybe?
What about a vampire themed killer?