CHAPTER TEASER! (real)
This is the first teaser we got on tuesday so
maybe PTB today
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
So the killer is a cult leader?
I thought this was another troll post, but I just trolled myself
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS BUT I'M HYPE AF AND WANT TO SEE ALL THE WILD SPECULATION!
It told us nothing!
Yeah babey
Is it some type of an ancient altar? Or what is it? The altar in some temple maybe.
Definitely has religious vibes to it. What are those symbols under the centre piece?
Is that going to be religion themed? I hope it is!
That statement describes religions perfectly. Whenever people face calamities, they turn their face to the religions and try to find comfort.
'Following' is also a very strong hint to a religion theme.
Most probably a cult leader or something, maybe the cult sacrificed somebody like the spirit and it came back to get revenge?
We'll see. I am hyped
One character looks Thai, but I can't be sure because the image is kinda low-res. Scratch that, I just don't know how to use Twitter.
The whole thing looks to be some east-Asian temple, due to the gong and the hanging tag. However, the symbols on the tag seem Christian in nature (two crosses there).
Middle ages maybe?
The dark ages and the reformation both fitting the theme.
I remember one of the dev also mentioned we will get a killer that is the oldest in term of timeline, maybe this is the one?
Interesting! Its giving me a religious kinda feeling
I'm getting religious vibes, I like it! Considering this is the oldest killer too I'm hyped.
I'm not a big fan on modern day killers, Legion did absolutely nothing for me, since it was a bunch of kids in masks, so this has me excited!
FINALLY SOMETHING!!!
Where is the character? I don't see anything resembling a word in the picture.
I do see some pattern on the arch though, but it don't looked like character too.
They’re come form of cross.
The general design looks like a bell or shrine. The item suspended in the air by the chains looks like it’s probably an urn containing ashes or possibly bones.
The general design looks like something you might find in some form of Asian temple.
But the small crosses below the suspended item suggest a Western European design.
I was referring to a character on the tag, but like I said, I just don't know how to use Twitter. I was looking at a low-res image, which is why I confused a symbol with a character.
That or my boi Xenu.
If that's a gong, its shaped wrong. Looks more like a shrine if anything.
If it has a religious vibe, that is interesting. I just hope it isn't some anti-Christian thing.
I doubt it. I think BHVR are smart enough to not go that route.
Who knows. Looks interesting.
As absolutely epic as it would be having Pious Augustus as the new killer I can't see Nintendo ever allowing that on rival systems
daRn seems we wont have the shapeshifter in the end
the sentence "in time of darkness" widely known sentence means medieval, also cuz the Visigoth bow
killer like religious fanatic like a "knights templar",
but could be also a dracula (less likely), dracula associated with darkness often, and hates light
Well, the whole thing seems like a mixture of western and eastern religions, so it'd make sense for the "gong" to be halfway between a real gong and a church bell.
Power: You know what
But what would be his Power?
Looks like some kind of seal or talisman to me. Interesting teasers as always!
I really doubt they would base a killer on real life religion. But what I could see, if they go some kind of kultist route. Maybe a killer who whorshipped the entity before taken to it's realm or something like that.
"In a time of darkness" "KIller older than 1910".
Dark Ages killer perhaps?!
Also upon close inspection of the circle, I spot lions, a symbol of Richard the Lionheart.
The central hanging tall and narrow item is perhaps a military banner?
My shards are on a Zealous Crusader or medieval knight. Though perhaps we'll get a Nun rip-off or evil Patriarch?
Amazing. I feel literally not excitement at all.
Actually looking at it again, I don't think that's a tag. There's incense smoke coming out of it. And there's a pole connecting it to the centre. Looking online I found this. \/

Seems similar to the one in the picture. If it was a gong, it wouldn't make much sense to connect a smoke box to it.
that rectangular device with crosses is expulsing smoke like incense in the churches
maybe the power is related to smoke/teleporting/shapeshifting
just release the PTb ~.~
So maybe an urn containing an evil entity that's being held back by the incense? The chains and the little "ball" at the top give off a kind of "evil containment chamber" vibe. Much better than an electric rice cooker, if you ask me...
I think the entity itself is that smoke going out, makes sense
We need The Fog chapter.
If you google "hanging incense burner" you will see the object in the picture. I can't pinpoint the culture exactly but so far it's very similar to Chinese.

Actually it's way more consistent if you google Tibetan hanging incense burner.
New end game based killer?
Man with Lions head?
What's the association with Mali?
There is no association with Mali, that's just an internal designation.
Always wanted a pyramid map.
Could it be
Connection?
The architecture isn't Egyptian. Sorry.
Maybe the survivor is the cult leader?
LÄMP
Cult leaders are always the evil crazy ones. Cult followers are mostly just plain crazy. I doubt it.
Depends on the perspective. Sometimes the bad guy doesn't always think they are the bad guy.