Idea for Hex: NOED rework.
So, in recent news, the change to the perk Decisive Strike has been quite controversial. Many feel it is balanced, but others feel that a perk called Hex: No One Escapes Death should also be changed due to the fact many feel that they are connected. Many say that the perks are equal, and NOED should also be changed. I'm going to offer a compromise that should appeal to both sides of the community. What if NOED was a token system? My idea is that everything stays the same but at each tier, you either get 1/3/5 tokens. A token is lost after hitting a survivor. After all the tokens are gone, the survivors are free from the Exposed status effect. I feel this is a good bandaid fix and should it be reworked further, a token system could be helpful. We could increase or decrease the amount of tokens, and even change how many are given to the killer based on how well they did before all the gens were completed. This is also a popular opinion. So what do you guys think?
Comments
I saw this before and I think it's an ok idea. But if it's a token system it doesn't need a totem, it's not strong enough for that and you can lose those tokens when you use them so the totem is not necessary.
First I thought, yeah that seems fair, 5 hits.
Then I remembered what kind of stuff we got in the game, DS, BT and all that bullshit negating your hits, so I will say no.
WE HAVE OVER 70,000 POST ON NOED because DS was changed does not mean the most punishing perk to get changed, just cleanse totems and you will be fine, don't cleanse totem you won't be fine, also most token perks are really weird to explain
Lol... I love that fix.. you know why?... Cause that would be a complete buff. I love it.
NOED as 5 tokens.... instead of a totem?
So.. Survivor can prevent NOED completely by removing the totems instead of gen rushing... compared too..
5 guaranteed hits for me at the end? Sure.
Generally you only need a couple of hits to get the game over with, I don't know how many killers would be able to use up all 5 tokens at the end.
Not like, you'd be lucky to get 2 down before the totem is destroyed at the end of the match anyways.
I would prefer the 5 hits! This would bring it back to the past version of it being active right at the end.
Hahaha. No.
Just because DS gets changed to a balanced level doesn't mean NOED needs to be changed.
Why do people need to keep wanting to change a Perk that can be disabled mid-match?
As someone who plays mostly survivor it's embarrassing that NOED is such a big deal.
Why that answer? Do you believe this will make NOED too strong?
You do realise this is more of a buff than anything else, correct?
From no_Queen^
Noed needs no rework. Its very bad perk compared to what it was before and is super easy to counter. Devs said noed is in good spot multiple times now. Get over IT or punish killers who use it by breaking totems and make them play with only 3.
Does it still remain a hex?
The perk doesn't need changed. It's completely fine the way it is.
DS and NOED aren't equal either. They are both powerful. The DS rework is brilliant.
NOED is fine. It has counterplay. Period.
NOED is the definition of perk of counters
Survivor main here and I don't want NOED changed
I don't think anybody realises that this change no longer makes NOED a Hex. I was hoping some people would understand that but no, you see NOED change, you think nerf.
Break the totems.
You'll have to ignore certain forum users because they offer nothing to the discussion just to say vague answer. Moderators should actually punish this behavior because you could classify this as trolling.
With that out of the way, I'm all in on this idea if you buff the exposed status effect to ignore the endurance status effect. Furthermore, the perk should be like Rancor in terms of notifying the survivors its exposed status effect.
It certainly isn't a buff or you'd not be here. You aren't getting it changed no matter how many different alt accounts with killer pictures popup with the same thread. What you are doing is demonstrating just how incessant and entitled one portion of the community is even when told by the dev team, NO.
What moderators should do is ban the people who with the same IP continue to make new accounts to repost the same threads.
NOED IS BALANCED! stop crying about balanced perk, ds was nowhere near balanced! you have a lot of counterplay to noed so don't cry when u genrush a killer in 4 mins just to then get hit by NOED. don't only focus on gens, do totems too and noed will not be able to spawn. it take 14s to cleanse a totem so if you're too lazy to do that for 14s then don't get tears in your eyes when u get hit with NOED
I think its fine as is. Survivors have full control over it when compared to the killer's usage. 5/6 of a match to stop it vs 1/6 to use it and Thats when there is nothing left to keep survivors around.