Waited This Long For A DS Buff
######### amazing. 10/10 BHVR. I see why you cancelled the livestream now. My god.
######### amazing. 10/10 BHVR. I see why you cancelled the livestream now. My god.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If you dont tunnel, you wont get DS'ed. If you dont camp, you wont get BT'ed.
Perks that help against the easiest, yet strongest way to play. Brings tunneling and camping more in line with other playstyles.
I can see you lack a sense of humor. Your name is 'Negan" and I can see you lack the reference, while everyone is talking about the DS change, while I bring up something else. Just forget it.
Who would make a build to assist one perk, nobody will because that is wasting all 4 perk slots
As of the last time they mentioned end game changes. They had the idea of exit gates being opened if you are the last survivor regardless of how many generators are left. On the killer side of things, the killer will be able to see your aura. (obviously subject to change, been a while since they tossed any ideas)
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This dude has their concerns for the changes. Not everyone is going to agree with one another, regardless if you like it or not, this guy brings some valid points. I say we just wait till it comes in game before we judge. Just like how everyone judged the freak out of Freddy after his release, followed by being nerfed to the ground.
If anything it makes it worse, not more powerful. Which is why I called this bait.
If he was mad that it was a useless perk, I'd understand it's an opinion.
But as a killer it makes it easier for you in basically every way possible. The slugging concern was a thing before this change. It's not new. And they ONLY have a 60s window to use it. Not all game.
Again, it's his concerns. Whether you like it or not, brings valid points. You don't see that as a concern and that's fine. I see where he is coming from and everyone else. PTB will be here shortly and we shall see how it is.
end of the match. You go against a SWF squad. Gates are open, You are given no option but to hang around the guy on hook. The friend unhooks em in front of you, BT goes off. You manage to knock em down, pick the guy up and DS and he goes yeeeeeeeeeeeeet out of there.
I am neutral about the change. I rather try it out than cry here about it.
I'm glad someone can read and understand why this will become an issue. Like people saying healing changes killed SC, but I still see it every game. Anyway, I'm gonna go play DBD before I have to deal with quad DS every game. You all have fun.
Whatever man yes I know whats going I don't have cable I have Netflix.
Insulting everyone who disagrees with you doesn’t help your case and makes you seem childish. This was a nerf and it is now a counter to tunneling.
😆 [1] LOL!
Imma let yall continue if you wish. I am off this too. At the end of the day its the devs decision, if you don't like it or want to adapt to anything in the game (Killer perks, survivor perks) then don't play. GLHF to you all in the fog.
Easy there, Keyboard warrior. I ain't arguing with a potentially fat stranger with a neck beard on the internet. Go cry to someone else now.
...
git gud
Also, attempting to insult a woman by calling her a "potential neckbeard" because you cant respond with valid points, is sad. I'm not crying hon, I'm laughing.
Most every survivor used it on first down and you get unhooked get grabbed and you stab the killer. You’re now forced to use it in a situation where you are being tunneled.
Besides, you can still down them, and chase someone else or deal with it as people do pre change. It limits survivors more than killers.
I play both, more survivors, and this change is really not a big deal IMO. DS is RARELY a perk that carried my game to an escape.
I agree with a lot of what you said and like you I play both sides survivor more and the DS change doesn’t bother me either i’m just saying that now it forces you to use it against tunneling. The change was meant to limit survivors and make the game less frustrating for killers when it comes to DS.
@Caretaker You do not sound calm I don't know who you're trying to fool. Clearly you're either a baby killer or missing some brain cells. If someone gets farmed off the hook you can down the farmer much easier than the person being saved so you don't even HAVE to go after the person with DS. Why is it so hard for you to understand?
Also YEAH tunneling is alive and well, if you're constantly targeting someone that is tunneling. Mind you this is a game not work, so take a chill pill and stop talking about "it's my job this it's my job that" cause I can say that it's a survivor's job to loop you to oblivion and buy time for gens to pop but I'm sure you wouldn't like that.
I love this. I never tunnel, and now I get rewarded for not tunneling.
You get not punished. There's a difference.
While it doesnt counter the current DS, it seems like it has a bigger impact on the new one
You could argue that the behavior the concept tunnelling defines doesn't happen in the game (even if that's obviously wrong), but you can't say the concept magically disappears just because you like it. Words don't change meaning when you feel like it, even a loosely defined one like tunnelling.
Don't you also find it really disingenuous to paint up a very specific scenario where you always tunnel a person and then either leave them on the ground with them having a specific perk to counter that, or immediately pick them up and that somehow results in you losing the game? The definition of losing doesn't even exist in the game outside of rank.
Why do you care if a super easy skillcheck is made easier? The definition of super easy is trivial...
OP, trying to follow your reasoning requires some mental gymnastics that is beyond my capabilties.
I like the new DS change, it now only works in a very specific scenario, and from my gameplay it's not often I would have a use for it, making it more in line with everything else, situational with clear drawbacks.
Are we going to see another surge in Make Your Choice usage?
This definitely looks like a nerf to DS massively in Pig's favor, due to her proxy progress delaying, and general synergy with slugging on top of it.
The only gripe is the open exit gate scenario. That still needs a solution because right now it can potentially be a free escape if they have been unhooked within the past minute.
Hey guys, do you remember when Borrowed Time was insanely buffed and was going to become top meta perk because OP in the end game?
spoiler: it didn't
This is the same all over again, you guys jump on conclusions so fast it's baffling.
They aren't reset besides dying light. Any tokens gained with the previous obsession stay when the obsession switches
Enduring isnt that big of a counter, it takes it from 2.28s to 1.71s not including drop animation or an SWF flashlight at the ready to blind the killer.
According to some there is also a bug with enduring so its around 55% (if its a bug and not intended of course) so that takes it down to 1.93s.
Slugging with knock out wont help much against SWF but will versus solo (buff to SWF with DS?)
Now looking it from a survivor view point.
The positives of the changed perk, it reads like you can still keep it for your second unhook it is only if you try to use it and miss or succeed does it seem to remove the perk, you cant be dribbled, end game is a win situation unless they extremely hard camp, easier skill check (dont know how much easier), the killer never knows if you have it (DS was always stronger on non obssessions imo), no wiggle needes for any player, removes dying light effect for everyone if they kill the obsession, hitting someone who used DS on you removes your STBFL stacks.
The negatives of the changed perk, less stun time, need hooked at least once first.
I dont see the change as a huge nerf to the perk tbh the stun time is the major factor here, I hope the enduring possible bug is not intended and fixed before this goes live as the stun time is what may actually make this change to the perk possibly stronger than before as the only real negative will be the condition that you need hooked first.