Who would be the worst killer to add to 2v8?
We all love to share out wishlist, espousing the necessity that our mains get into 2v8 before anyone else's main, but what about killers that would actually make the game less fun? Maybe on both sides?
I'm not talking about killers with logistical issues, such as Dredge when Huntress needs lockers to reload, but killers that, if added, would actively make the game mode less fun overall.
The obvious answer to me is Plague, as she'd straight up break the game, but I'm interested in other takes.
Comments
Ghoul and not just because he is my most disliked killer in game.
Ghoul its because of his lock on hit that has you stand in place and go into mending because ghoul looked in your direction. that will just lead to unfair double taps all the time with the survivors not looping at all, other killers that can double tap actually have to earn a hit with power to get similar effects (houndmaster, deathslinger)
I think Plague is a big one, honestly there's a few other ones I think of.
The first one I think of is Bubba. Even if you have a ton of pallets, if you don't have multiple Scouts he'd probably shred through all the pallets on the map until at the end of the game you're left with almost nothing, but more than that he'd probably be able to find clusters of survivors fairly frequently and potentially get multiple instadowns in one sweep.
I think Trickster is similar to that last point for Bubba. Because of Main Event, Trickster could be even worse, as on more open maps the Main Event could last ages from all the blades hit and you could mow down several survivors at once.
There's also Judgment, who would benefit off of all the aura reading so much it would be insane. She would probably also get multihits accidentally all the time, and considering the quality of survivors in 2v8 I don't think many would be aware enough to dodge consistently.
There's also Pig, specifically with her head traps. If it weren't for the reverse beartraps she'd be fine, but she'd be half a killer at that point. If the head traps were added, it would probably be super common to get head pops from the amount of times two killers can interrupt the Jigsaw boxes. In addition, keeping that many survivors busy at once would be insanely powerful in 2v8.
Pinhead would be fine if not for his box. Imagining a global chain hunt happening in 2v8 is terrifying.
There are some others that would be bad, but I think these are probably the worst along with Plague.
Legion
Legion, he was extremely unhealthy to go against
of the current roster? Oni
what could be potentially added? it's a tough one as there is so many which would be awful to add coz of how badly designed they are… I wanna say judgement right now lol
For me, it would be Pig, Knight and Dredge. Having another Killer able to chase you off Jigsaw boxes would get old fast. I personally like Neme's zombies, but most players don't enjoyed being chased by NPCs and the Knight's guards would just be that but even more annoying. Dredge's nightfall would charge too fast and turn a trial into Lights Out but with an extra Killer on the map (and most players hated Lights Out).
All that said, it's really not that serious. And I'm all for chaos, so I would add pretty much any Killer that could be made to function. I disagree with gate keeping the mode to only a very limited set of survivor approved Killers. It was the worst decision BHVR made for 2V8, imo. They've basically killed its potential in the long term to be a permanent game mode someday.
Plague, Legion (to take them out of the equation was the best choice for this whole game mode), Ghoul, Knight come to mind instantly.
On second thought probably killers like Freddy, Pinhead or Jason because their gameplay probably breaks everything in that game mode. Also I think Houndmaster and Twins would break even more.
i think we have the anwser with Legion being removes forever from 2v8. Plague would likelly be a similar issue.
Legion, Plague, and Ghoul
Besides the obvious one being Plague I'll say Hag, her playstyle is way too slow and there are so many gens that setting a web isn't going to be very effective she just doesn't work for a mode this fast paced. Not to mention I can't imagine her being a very effective teammate like "okay I'm gonna setup a web you go keep the 8 other people in this game busy while I do that" just sounds like griefing.
Basekit Waterlogged Shoe… Without the downside.
Imagine having to both get rid of your reverse bear trap AND run around the map to turn in your Onryo tape.
Plague, legion, oni, ghoul, lich, Dredge, ring girl, and pig would be the ones I see being horrible for the game mode.
imo if they remove the latch entirely for 2v8 he'd be a really balanced killer. Like maybe Spirit tier decent. He'd still be fundamentally weaker than Legion but at least the Legionbros could just go play him
Hag playing Chess would be pure misery on RPD
Dredge because Nightfall causes headaches/migraines for some players and Doctor (even though I enjoy playing him) because depending on patch he causes health issues for certain players. Its nice there is a mode these players can load into without the worry of it causing a real life health issue.
Plague because she'd just be repeat of Legion and it's good they got rid of them.
Trickster. With so many survivors to hit he'd could end out like Oni where it feels like he's constantly in power. While it may be fun for killer it would be annoying for survivors.
Bubba. Killers tend to get buffed going into 2v8 and I don't see how him being able to down multiple survivors at once would encourage more people to queue up for survivor.
Judgement and Jason.
Crayon Pooper
I'm personally open for every killer to be added to this mode. Maybe Skull Merchant wouldn't be pleasant, but i rather have something new in this game mode than the ever stale of always.
Definitely wesker
Well they already added legion and had to remove them because of how much it sucked to play against them in 2v8.
In a similar vein ghoul and plague would just have everyone perma injured.
But the first one that sprung to mind was twins. Victor would be such a goddamn issue if he shadowed the 2nd killer and just confirmed every down after ppl took a hit you wouldn't even need to use charlotte most of the match
I think the judgement would quite literally break 2v8. Aside from it being like shooting fish in a barrel survivors have a tendency to not….go for unhooks because everyone thinks somebody else has got it. I can't imagine the complete clownshow that'd be having 4+ survivors exiled at once.
Basically every Killer who is balanced around a feature which makes them balanced in 1v4, but will get broken if you add another Killer.
Legion is the obvious one for that and we saw that it was a dumb idea to add them. Plague would be very similar. I would say Ghoul as well, since they can also get an easy first Hit. Plus him holding people in place would just mean that those can get smacked by the second Killer. Probably not the most efficient way of playing Killer, but certainly the most frustrating one to go against.
Then there are Killers like Pig or Onryo. Both have secondary, but mandatory once in play, objectives which are fine when only one Killer (who is not the strongest) is around. But if you have to get rid of a Beartrap or need to delivere a tape while a second Killer is around… I dont think this is really manageable.
Tough to say there are quite many I don't like facing. Let's say pinhead both killers could just target easily the survivor with the box.
I have to admit, I underestimated the Bystander Effect in regards to Xenos lethality but I'm pretty sure Krasue would actually suck. More bodies means more counterplay. Krasue does the same gameplay loop and just walks into the catchup mechanic and would have no tools for in chase heals and theres no Dissolution but rather the opposite pallets keep reappearing. No real breakaway plays.
Perfect addition I'd say.
It depends on what they give her for 2v8. Most killers get a little something basekit to help them deal with the unbalanced madness that is 2v8.
If, for example, mushrooms spawned only on every 2nd transformation, or the transformation was a little faster, she could very easily be up there again.
Before BHVR made it clear they probably won't add some killers in a 2v8 setting for me it was worrying Plague would be added. I knew Legion would be horrible but if they ever added Plague it would basically turn into everyone always being damaged for other killers that can get a quick hit in. Imagine Plague + Blight, Nurse, Spirit or Wraith. I hope they never add Plague, Legion or Sadako. Out of the three you might ask - why Sadako? Guaranteed it would be one player just spamming TV's and it would either be a slog to play against this or BHVR would have to change something about this killer. Argue that Sadako would be weak all you want but Legion is a weak killer but when paired with literally anyone else they were cancer to deal with. It's not even the worry about the killer strength but more the fact that you are juggling TV's and two killers - it would just prolong matches and make them a chore.
I would really love to see Clown, Doctor and Trickster added though. For Clown I think it would be a cool (but unlikely to happen) interaction if their bottles could buff their teammate killer.