How is fallen refuge even remotely acceptable! :(

Fallen refuge is straight up not winnable unless your against trapper.

I understand this map wasn't even meant to exist "A tile when playing the walking dead survivors" but seriously this is miserable.

All it has is one jungle gym, a shack and a "main building"

every other loop is a rock pallet.

At least Dead Sands has line of sight blockers.

But a map this size with no line of sight blockers, just feels bad.

I have to wonder if the only reason this hasn't been changed is to nerf the withered isle or more specifically Garden of joy.

And yes I did just get destroyed by a kaneki on this map

Comments

  • Most maps are being designed/balanced to be like this.



    Notice how killer players never bring up this map and that should tell you everything you need to know.


    That being said, if you break the static 3-gen at the 'main building,' you can still win, but that relies on the killer being bad.

  • I don't think anyone would be sad if it were removed. I barely consider it a real map and it's a lingering reminder of just how bad the walking dead release was.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    Most maps are being designed/balanced to be like this.



    Notice how killer players never bring up this map and that should tell you everything you need to know.


    That being said, if you break the static 3-gen at the 'main building,' you can still win, but that relies on the killer being bad.

    I have noticed that maps at least are getting a lot smaller. But i understand that Some of the worst maps are massive so I get why they made them smaller. but Dead sands and refugee feel like a different story.

    I don't think maps should be designed like this.

    But I will say I somewhat disagree with you on that killers don't mention this map, every killer gameplay I see usually says "gg" when they first load in or even apologize to the survivors. so its not ignored by killers.

    And you cant say survivors don't love Badham when I think its like the refugee for Killers

  • @Xendritch said:

    I don't think anyone would be sad if it were removed. I barely consider it a real map and it's a lingering reminder of just how bad the walking dead release was.

    Agreed, would love it to be replaced with Hershel's farm or even the prison as a map. with loud walkers lined against the metal fences. would be fantastic

  • @Wyndsor said:

    Most maps are being designed/balanced to be like this.



    Notice how killer players never bring up this map and that should tell you everything you need to know.


    That being said, if you break the static 3-gen at the 'main building,' you can still win, but that relies on the killer being bad.

    Bro not even killer players like fallen refuge its genuinely so unfun to play on, the chases aren't interesting because there's a total of 4 loops, and It takes zero skill to win on this map so there's no challenge which just isn't fun.

    Map design is genuinely the bane of dbd its near impossible to make a map that feels balanced for survivors AND the majority of the killer roster, this is why so many maps are relatively one sided.

    Note: even if you break the 3 gen next to main there's a pretty much guaranteed 3 gen next to shack that's slightly weaker.

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111060#Comment_4111060

    Bro not even killer players like fallen refuge its genuinely so unfun to play on, the chases aren't interesting because there's a total of 4 loops, and It takes zero skill to win on this map so there's no challenge which just isn't fun.

    Map design is genuinely the bane of dbd its near impossible to make a map that feels balanced for survivors AND the majority of the killer roster, this is why so many maps are relatively one sided.

    Note: even if you break the 3 gen next to main there's a pretty much guaranteed 3 gen next to shack that's slightly weaker.

    Its not really that different from Dead Sands or the secondary Borgo map.


    Furthermore people have been pushing for tinier/worse maps for awhile, we still get complaints about pallet density despite most of the pallets being 80/20s. So I'm not convinced.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111066#Comment_4111066

    Its not really that different from Dead Sands or the secondary Borgo map.


    Furthermore people have been pushing for tinier/worse maps for awhile, we still get complaints about pallet density despite most of the pallets being 80/20s. So I'm not convinced.

    Dead sands and the borgo maps are also in my bottom 3 least favorite maps

    I think tinier maps are what we should push for in dbd in order to make it so we don't have to spend years reworking low tiers, and instead just nerf high tiers to a point where they aren't extremely oppressive on small maps.

  • Dead sands is on par with fallen refuge imo. dead sands also spawns a hill title on the side that tends to be gen heavy 🙃
    both need to see changes.

    Prison and Hershel farm would be dope. Alexandria I think would also look cool.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111066#Comment_4111066

    Its not really that different from Dead Sands or the secondary Borgo map.


    Furthermore people have been pushing for tinier/worse maps for awhile, we still get complaints about pallet density despite most of the pallets being 80/20s. So I'm not convinced.

    Dead sands is so funny to me because it basically only exists as a landmine. Quite literally a bad, killer sided map created exclusively so people couldn't just burn crow's eyes to force an equally terrible survivor sided map back when SWFs could just hard dictate the realm choice.

  • It's really boring and ugly too. The TWD tile was interesting the first time but after awhile you just start to question why a small unique tile even needed its own map

  • @Nazzzak said:

    It's really boring and ugly too. The TWD tile was interesting the first time but after awhile you just start to question why a small unique tile even needed its own map

    For me, the TWD Tile is a big disgrace to the Franchise. Because it is just two iconic TWD locations slapped together in one, which in reality is only a different textured Jungle Gym.

    And it is very likely that Fallen Refugee just was not planned at all. The Chapter was not announced with a new Map and the Devs only talked about a Tile being added to Maps (or even only Withered Isle) if a TWD Character is played. Then a "full" "map" was released. And for me it is very clear that the license holders wanted a map and then someone at BHVR created this in an hour or so.

    My biggest hope is that with the release of Negan there will be a complete rework of the map. TWD has quite a bunch of iconic locations and a Prison map after the Governor attacked would be a way better choice than what we have now.

  • When the Walking Dead was initially added to the PTB, there was all this talk about when selecting Rick and Michonne, a unique tile would spawn on Greenville maps, and would be playable on the PTB through a test map that let you see the tile but was otherwise empty. This was officially communicated through BHVRs Socials at the time (a map wasn't even listed on twd roadmap).

    Then, suddenly BHVR just changed tune entirely, and now the test map was a new map. Did BHVR add anything new aside from the tile, filter, and a fence? No. No they didn't.

    It's clear that the licence holder changed their mind about having TWD content on og/licenced maps (it might've been able to spawn on Fazbear's), or BHVR just couldn't make DBDs jank ahh map generation play nice with tiles that spawn in relation to specific survivor and had to switch gears at the last minute.

    It's pretty ridiculous Forgotten Ruins is still in the game untouched from its launch state given how clearly unfinished and unintentional it's existence is. I hope BHVR just redesigns into a new beast entirely, hopefully actually following through on the fused hospital and Prison concept the Devs hyped up initially.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    Most maps are being designed/balanced to be like this.



    Notice how killer players never bring up this map and that should tell you everything you need to know.


    That being said, if you break the static 3-gen at the 'main building,' you can still win, but that relies on the killer being bad.

    Well, given how maps like Garden of Joy, Badham etc exist, I find it perfectly fine for there to be few maps biased towards Killer or at times biased towards certain killers (like Midwich for Dredge/Sadoko).

  • I agree w OP, this map is a huge disappointment. Literally nothing about it is TWD coded. I was really expecting a proper map with a main building that is a multi floor hospital and even has the room Rick Grimes woke up in as a reference. Even the FNAF map (which imo was still a let down) handled it better.

  • @ArkInk said:

    When the Walking Dead was initially added to the PTB, there was all this talk about when selecting Rick and Michonne, a unique tile would spawn on Greenville maps, and would be playable on the PTB through a test map that let you see the tile but was otherwise empty. This was officially communicated through BHVRs Socials at the time (a map wasn't even listed on twd roadmap).

    Then, suddenly BHVR just changed tune entirely, and now the test map was a new map. Did BHVR add anything new aside from the tile, filter, and a fence? No. No they didn't.

    It's clear that the licence holder changed their mind about having TWD content on og/licenced maps (it might've been able to spawn on Fazbear's), or BHVR just couldn't make DBDs jank ahh map generation play nice with tiles that spawn in relation to specific survivor and had to switch gears at the last minute.

    It's pretty ridiculous Forgotten Ruins is still in the game untouched from its launch state given how clearly unfinished and unintentional it's existence is. I hope BHVR just redesigns into a new beast entirely, hopefully actually following through on the fused hospital and Prison concept the Devs hyped up initially.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111081#Comment_4111081

    For me, the TWD Tile is a big disgrace to the Franchise. Because it is just two iconic TWD locations slapped together in one, which in reality is only a different textured Jungle Gym.

    And it is very likely that Fallen Refugee just was not planned at all. The Chapter was not announced with a new Map and the Devs only talked about a Tile being added to Maps (or even only Withered Isle) if a TWD Character is played. Then a "full" "map" was released. And for me it is very clear that the license holders wanted a map and then someone at BHVR created this in an hour or so.

    My biggest hope is that with the release of Negan there will be a complete rework of the map. TWD has quite a bunch of iconic locations and a Prison map after the Governor attacked would be a way better choice than what we have now.

    I also think it's frickin insane why they even thought adding a specific tile ties to survivors was a good idea.

    The tile itself itself is a decent loop and especially since it's bulky so it sorta acts as a line of sight blocker.

    Wouldn't that instantly lower the variety of survivors? You know very well people would take that small advantage and only play Rick and Michonne.

  • Focus your hatred on the killer that beat you. Crayon consumers are the problem, the map is only a secondary issue.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    Most maps are being designed/balanced to be like this.



    Notice how killer players never bring up this map and that should tell you everything you need to know.


    That being said, if you break the static 3-gen at the 'main building,' you can still win, but that relies on the killer being bad.

    Why do you keep saying “killer players never bring up this map” when you know it isn’t true? I have seen many content creators who play both sides mention this map on as being extremely bad for survivors and I myself have personally mentioned this map on this forum as being garbage for survivors multiple times.

    It’s also not even remotely close to being true that “most maps are being designed/balanced to be like this”. Everyone knows that this map is uniquely terrible for survivors and nobody is arguing against, but for some reason you keep bringing it up as some kind of indisputable evidence that BHVR are biased against survivor players.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Fallen refuge is straight up not winnable unless your against trapper.

    I understand this map wasn't even meant to exist "A tile when playing the walking dead survivors" but seriously this is miserable.

    All it has is one jungle gym, a shack and a "main building"

    every other loop is a rock pallet.

    At least Dead Sands has line of sight blockers.

    But a map this size with no line of sight blockers, just feels bad.

    I have to wonder if the only reason this hasn't been changed is to nerf the withered isle or more specifically Garden of joy.

    And yes I did just get destroyed by a kaneki on this map

    Everyone agrees that this map is a pile of garbage and should be deleted. Killer and survivor players alike should support this.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/471477/how-is-fallen-refuge-even-remotely-acceptable

    Everyone agrees that this map is a pile of garbage and should be deleted. Killer and survivor players alike should support this.

    I never agree on deletion of content so not everyone agree. It needs to be reworked to a better state. I consider deletion usually not an option as its a waste.

  • it’s totally winnable don’t 3 gen yourself around the part where it’s literally 3 generators.

  • @Royval said:

    it’s totally winnable don’t 3 gen yourself around the part where it’s literally 3 generators.

    Yeah you need to break the three gen that comes with the main tile and the two gens usually in the corner behind it.

  • @Wezqu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111246#Comment_4111246

    I never agree on deletion of content so not everyone agree. It needs to be reworked to a better state. I consider deletion usually not an option as its a waste.

    Agreed, I don't mind the theme. Even if the main building is disappointing they could add more tiles from different seasons of twd to match the withered isle sorta collage theme

  • This content has been removed.
  • I can't tell you how many killer matches I have on this map where people either immediately DC or noise spam/run up to me to die. I actually don't know if I've ever lost here as killer.

  • I am no Trophy Hunter but everytime i get this map i try to repair that damn gen and escape.

    Only managed this one time until now. Still trying the second one.

    I kind of like the TWD look and i wish they would complete this map. But the grunts and screams are still strange.

  • The map just screams low effort.

    Two pallets separated by a rock.

    Uhu.

    This is not fun for anybody to play on.

    Disable, rework or delete.