What are your top 3 favorite charms?
Nostalgic Axe, because after playing all the castlevanias, I had a habbit of saying "Axe is best" because it was always the most reliable subweapon in almost every game, even making some boss fights go from tough to easy.
Vampire Killer, because its the most iconic weapon of the Castlevania franchise (and the more you stare at it to more it doesn't mechanically make sense lol)
Succubus Soul, because in most of the Castlevania games the succubi were in, they would always try to make out with you lol



Comments
My favorite charms are no charms at all, especially on survivor. They make you easier to spot and is just more crap for the game to render.
They could make a killer's hooks easier to spot in dark maps, as sometimes you can barely see the hook while carrying someone as its aura turns off because its in line of sight.
I really like that uncommon deer mask.
For some reason I just find it’s size so comical and I have it equipped on my of my survivors because that’s where it looks the most goofy.
I like my slightly rarer charms like the comic book cover ones but I only tend to equip them as killer since it's the only way of really seeing them
I saw that one otz clip where a survivor used a fart bomb against the killer and its charms where BEAMING.
Never again.
Being the charm enthusiast that I am, it's actually kinda difficult to come up with an "absolute" top 3. But here goes.
First and foremost, this windmill charm from Rift 14. I have it equipped on every Survivor in the first charm slot. No matter who they are or where they're from. It's been like that ever since I unlocked this charm in that Rift.
Why this Windmill of all things, you may ask. I'm Dutch, that's why 🤣.
Crow charms. Because for the purpose of the topic I am allowed to only pick one, I am going for the first ever crow charm added to the game, simply because it gave rise to a collection of crow charms that's still being expanded upon. I believe it was Rift 5. The reason why I like crow charms is because I main Artist, and I actually use different crow charms based on what cosmetic I currently use. Example:
And I have many more such combos.
Finally, I'd have to go with figurines. Again, a broad category that contains many charms. I feel like I'm smuggling a little but let's again focus on just a single example:
Claudette is one of my Survivor mains. This charm is currently equipped on only one other character, namely Jonah Vasquez. My other Survivor main. Claudette, meanwhile, always has the Jonah figurine charm equipped. So no matter which character I play, the other is always by their side.
All of yours are on a bright background while i got stuck taking pictures in the dark with no flash on lol, howd you get that background? And i occasionally use the Shane / Dracula figurines and wonder why there hasnt been one of skull merchant yet.
The one i find the most comical is the brown rarity "VHS Porn" from the clown rift lol
I downloaded the Charm images (.PNG format) from the wiki, then pasted them onto the key art from Portrait of a Murder and cropped the image.
This website doesn't seem to support PNG images without background and they often look weird on social media platforms too, hence why I made those edits.
Safe to say, it works like a charm 🙃.
Everyone's taste in charms is SO GOOD.
I love charms. There are so many good ones that it's hard to pick just 3, so I'll just show the ones I use most commonly on my mains:
These are the charms I usually have on Meg. From left to right: The Necronomicon charm from Evil Dead (still looks good even at a small scale), Susie plush (a collectible from The Casting of Frank Stone, to represent my Killer main) and finally a handheld console.
It may sound silly, but I like the idea that Meg has a little game to play to pass the time at the campfire in-between trials. That's why I like her jorts too, because they also come with a Walkman. After all, she's got to do something with all those batteries from the bloodweb for the beamers that I never use.
On my hooks for The Legion are a little plant in a terrarium (I like plants and terrariums a lot), a Meg figurine (again, to represent my Survivor main) and finally the Necronomicon (I love how it glows and is animated. It really is the goat of all charms to me). The terrarium charm also sees some use on my male Survivors but never on my female Survivors because it looks way too big.
I also like to theme charms around what I think certain characters might pick themselves but like I said, I don't want to be here all day.
the Soul charms go on when I play Soma, otherwise I like the Ace pride one or the left 4 dead ones. Why? Because the only safe room for you....is in the next life!
Warrior Puppers always makes the list if I can remember to pick charms. I feel like hes worth honoring.
BP gummies is probably my favorite
Pocket Entity, Puppers charm, Silent Hill 2 dog and all of the crow ones are tied for 2nd/3rd place.
I actually choose the charms depending on the characters and in a way they fit. So I don't really have favourites.
Two examples of characters I play regularly:
Honestly, it's hard to pick just 3. This game's art team does some truly amazing work.
Still, my favorite of all time is the Arachnid Mother:
Yes, I love spiders. But also, this charm's animations are great.
It is followed shortly by these two:
I love the Evil Dead franchise too.
The way the limbs are animated in this one is kinda creepy and insanely cool.
Well, these were my top three, but I also want to give some honorable mentions, simply because some charms are just too great to ignore:
Pulp Horror used to be my favorite book-shaped (or magazine, but you get what I mean) charm before the Necronomicon came along. The design and attention to detail are insane. The animated green glow moving underneath is the cherry on top.
Then, there are these three:
The Multitudinous Crow is beautiful, funny and very horror-themed at the same time with the whole angel-crow combination. Some details are not visible in this image, but it has three crow heads, and one big red eye emitting a weird yellow glow. Then there's the flavor text: "Be somewhat afraid".
I love greek myths and this is a very well-designed gorgon. Enough said.
And finally, the Bloodmoon Raven is just freaking beautiful. It's a shame it isn't animated, but a marvel to look at even without it, and it's even hung by this laced blood over it instead of the usual keychain.
Gee, I wonder what my favourite charms are 🤔
I'm way too ADD to commit to three but these are what I currently have on my main's hook:
I'm a big Lovecraft fan so anything summoning Lovevcraft will get my love.
I also use these a lot:
Gotta rep my surv on my hooks.
I happen to be a Lovecraft fan too lol, got "the complete works of H.P Lovecraft on kindle for like 60 cents lol been reading it for years off & on. I think I'm on the final story. I didn't hesitate to pick Cosmic horror themed for the community chapter. Hopefully It'll win if theres a next time.
I always thought if we brought in a small version of Cthulhu he could reuse the doctor's old passive "madness aura" mechanic
As survivor i used to bring blight vial, a BNP and the rusted coin. Nowadays i bring nothing to not get spotted instantly in my fart cloud.
As killer i use the blight vial too, the progress flag and a killer specific charm like a beartrap for trapper or a crow for artist.
I especially love when i'm fooling around and some survivor points happily at the progress flag it always warms my heart.🦝
I love the lil crows we get