Explain to me why
Why if I get tunneled for 5 gens I still make the least amount of points in the team ? Like why do I stop getting points ? Is it MY fault I'm getting tunneled right out of hook ? Atp I'm wondering if 5 gens for 17k is worth the trouble or if I'd make more by just throwing and resetting in another match ? Like isn't even ridiculous I have to wonder that ? Why is there a max in chase score exactly ?
Comments
It’s because BHVR’s scoring/skill measurement is a pile of garbage. They are still, somehow, defending the “escapes=skill” thing that was widely ridiculed, mocked and discredited by the entire community. The number one improvement that could be made to the game IMO is fixing how survivor skill is measured. I would feel way better about not escaping when I’m getting chased all match and I die but all my teammates get out if I get some reward for it. In the current system, when this happens, BHVR’s skill measurement system considers me the least skilled player in the match. It’s insanely stupid.
Are you asking for a tunneling bonus? Where are you wanting points from? 17k kind of implies 7k points from other categories. How did you gain those by being tunneled? When I see survivors get tunneled, they typically have 5k or less. 17k means you actually got to play.
It would be nice if categories didn't cap out at 10k and instead the base score just capped at 40k.
Been saying this for years. Obviously this is more of a Survivor issue, since Killer BPs all fill up at the same time for the most part, but if you just do a lot of Gens as Survivor, you cap out at some point and gain nothing afterwards. Or as OP, who apparently only got chased and does not really gain anything from it.
But some Killers are also affected, some have a hard time getting Deviousness Points for example.
Just removing the Category Caps but keeping the overall Cap would be the perfect solution.
Yh the BP categories are messing you up here. If a killer is hard tunneling you're only going to earn mainly boldness, and a few survival points. You'll be pretty much locked out of altruism and objective. Despite being the most valuable player in the match.
But unfortunately since bhvr won't do anything about hard tunneling, killers will just use it as the easy win tactic ruining ppls games in the process.
They should just remove the hard cap and introduce a soft cap via diminishing returns at certain breakpoints to counter potential abuse.
For example once you reach 10k+ points in a category every point beyond is counted for 0.9, 15k+ it goes to 1:0,8 and so on.
That's how the rules of the game work.
By setting caps on each category, it’s meant to curb one-dimensional playstyles and encourage balanced gameplay.
The following is just a question from someone with a different perspective who has only ever played this game solo.
If you were truly a skilled player who is great at looping, you’d be escaping consistently and raising your MMR.
The MMR system isn't about just a single match.
It becomes more accurate with every match you accumulate.
10 matches? 100 matches? 1,000 matches? 10,000 matches? If you consistently fail to escape while the other three teammates do, that proves you lack skill.
Once you reach a certain level of skill at looping, experienced Killers who know the game and understand their own capabilities won't even bother chasing you.
There are four Survivors; once a Killer finds and eliminates the weakest link, they can easily secure the advantage for the rest of the match.
And if they ignore you, you’ll naturally work on generators, unhook teammates, and heal them—and you'll even have to pull off plays to rescue your allies, like flashlight saves—because your ultimate goal is to escape.
If you’re not aiming to escape, what are you even doing?
Just wandering around?
Standing still?
Crouching in a corner?
Do you have no desire to escape?
Then do you just want to do something "fun"?
If so, go right ahead.
Don't aim to escape, don't touch generators, don't save your teammates when they're hooked, ignore injured allies, and just enjoy whatever "fun" thing you want to do.
A Killer who isn't trying to sacrifice anyone and is just enjoying their own version of "fun" will gladly play with you.
Someone who has no will or little desire to fight is simply a weak player.
That’s because the people actually competing are strong players who have the will and a high drive to fight.
Did you actually read this far? Thank you.
The MMR system is a mechanism that has the potential to make segregating players by playstyle possible.
I agree with it being bad. I wish this game rewarded survivors more as a team, and I wish survivors got points collectively as long as they are engaging in the objectives. And then for every teammate that escapes, all survivors should get a little BP bonus, even if they have moved on to the next game or to the main menu. They should just get a little BP pop up stating "X survivors escaped in previous trial".
I am all for survivors who get the attention of the killer getting rewarded for their contribution to the team.
Not a bad thought to give more BPs for chases and raise the max cap, since you can't unhook, do gens, totems etc. I like this idea!
I think you don't know how the scoring work so I'll jsut ignore that one.
After a little digging around, apparently chase use to not be capped BUT they got mad that people were farming and capped categories to try to prevent that. Which is stupid bc farming still happens no matter what so really ti just hurt the person being tunneled since the killer doesn't have a cap for chases. So they are rewarded for tunneling meanwhile we survivors are punished for being tunneled IN THE ONE OFF CHANCE WE ARE FARMING BP…make absolutely no sense, whoever thought this was a good and fair idea or way to deter farming is an idiot
Nah I understand where it's coming from - it's hyperbolic to say 5 gen loop (most of the time, but sometimes it really is like that) but it's more like taking a good chase, then expecting rotation but the other survivors dodge that so you wind up doing even more. When you see everyone at 25+ and you're down in the ranking it does make you wonder where the incentive to give so much is supposed to come from after a while. Don't get me wrong I still take the chases - that's the game, but obviously you should get some small bonus if you're denied any meaningful margin from the other categories.
I don't think people complain about the bloodpoint system enough for BHVR to change it.
These issues have been in DbD for a decade at this point and BHVR has never changed these issues with bloodpoints. The only changes they've done over the years is to increase the caps, increase the amounts of certain score events, add more score events and change score events into different categories. Cleansing totems used to award Boldness but for some reason a couple years ago the changed it to survival, so now a survivor can cleanse all the totems for 7500 points in the survival category and get the rest from self-healing and/or struggling on the killer's shoulder and then they can care a heck of a lot less about surviving. Which is terrible because cleansing a bunch of dull totems reduces your teams chances of getting Survival points.
Many killers struggle to max out the Deviousness category while for some it's barely an inconvenience. Wraith is super easy to max Deviousness in, since he has a simple power that can't be capped and he has good score values. Plague is a prefect example of the opposite, they could double all of her score values and she still wouldn't be that good and she hard denies Altruism points for survivors.
The bloodpoint scoring system has needed serious changes forever and they'll probably never give it the attention it needs. It's just a sad reality.
Excluding the tunneling scenario, the Devs don't want to incentivize survivors into doing one role. They want an even spread of repair, healing, and chases. That's why the categories are there and limited. It's to force the survivor to interact with the killer if they want to make points. Ideally.
Honestly, if you're running the killer for 5 gens, there is nothing for BHVR to fix, that killer is just playing wrong and going to lose the match. Yeah, sucks points wise, but really I am a proponent of play the game how you want, but…. if you are being "tunneled" for 5 gens then…. that killer just needs to take a break and rethink their entire strategy for DBD.