You can already throw a pebble every 20 seconds with this perk. That's a good spot for it.
You want to make it so you can just crouch and constantly throw pebbles and notification spam the killer?
I want it to work like the snowballs so you can actually aim where you want it to land.
I think that’d be so cool
So you can throw it on pallets/windows/lockers etc to make it more believable. The only downside is it would definitely be a nerf on tight indoor maps but I think the trade off for more control would be worth it.
Also if this did happen, I’d like to see it get 2 charges/tokens
I want it to work like the snowballs so you can actually aim where you want it to land.
I think that’d be so cool
So you can throw it on pallets/windows/lockers etc to make it more believable. The only downside is it would definitely be a nerf on tight indoor maps but I think the trade off for more control would be worth it.
Also if this did happen, I’d like to see it get 2 charges/tokens
Why didn't you say that in the OP?
That would be a fine change to the perk. In that case 1 every 20 seconds might actually be too much. 😅
Charges while being within the terror radius of the killer and not in chase. If the killer is undetectable, it charges automatically up to 75% worth of one charge. Working on a generator speeds up the charging.
Every 35/25/15 seconds you gain a charge, up to 5 charges.
When you have at least 1 charge, crouch to enable the aiming mode.
In aiming mode, you can aim. Duh.
Press the active ability button to catapult a head-sized rock into the direction you aimed. If the killer is hit, he is stunned for 5 seconds and all survivors gain Elusive for 20 seconds.
If you hit a survivor (by accident or intentionally), the rock will hit the survivor and then ricochet into the killers direction, hitting both in the process. This will increase the stun time by 1/1.5/2 seconds and the Elusive state for 1/2/3 seconds. The survivor hit will be put into Deep Wound.
Trebuchet can also be used to shoot in breakable doors.
Charges while being within the terror radius of the killer and not in chase. If the killer is undetectable, it charges automatically up to 75% worth of one charge. Working on a generator speeds up the charging.
Every 35/25/15 seconds you gain a charge, up to 5 charges.
When you have at least 1 charge, crouch to enable the aiming mode.
In aiming mode, you can aim. Duh.
Press the active ability button to catapult a head-sized rock into the direction you aimed. If the killer is hit, he is stunned for 5 seconds and all survivors gain Elusive for 20 seconds.
If you hit a survivor (by accident or intentionally), the rock will hit the survivor and then ricochet into the killers direction, hitting both in the process. This will increase the stun time by 1/1.5/2 seconds and the Elusive state for 1/2/3 seconds. The survivor hit will be put into Deep Wound.
Trebuchet can also be used to shoot in breakable doors.
There you go. Buffed AND fun to use. 💁♂️
honestly I had an idea that if you hit the killer with the pebble it’d like hinder them for like 5% for a short while.
While it’s not a full on stun, I still don’t really like the idea of just buffing it by giving it hinder it seems really boring and lazy to me.
Maybe it could give blindness if you hit the eyes? Ooooo idea! give us a dnd style dirty tricks perk that’s let’s us throw pocket sand and it gives blindness (similar to residual manifest)
While in the killer's terror radius and not in chase for 60 seconds, enter a locker to obtain Grenade. Use Action Button 1 to throw, if detonation occurs within 3 meters of the killer, they die, and respawn after 30 seconds in the Basement.
"When throwing the pebble the survivor gain elusive for 10s (and all the current effect applies)" I feel would already make it more useful as a small pocket elusive.
Charges while being within the terror radius of the killer and not in chase. If the killer is undetectable, it charges automatically up to 75% worth of one charge. Working on a generator speeds up the charging.
Every 35/25/15 seconds you gain a charge, up to 5 charges.
When you have at least 1 charge, crouch to enable the aiming mode.
In aiming mode, you can aim. Duh.
Press the active ability button to catapult a head-sized rock into the direction you aimed. If the killer is hit, he is stunned for 5 seconds and all survivors gain Elusive for 20 seconds.
If you hit a survivor (by accident or intentionally), the rock will hit the survivor and then ricochet into the killers direction, hitting both in the process. This will increase the stun time by 1/1.5/2 seconds and the Elusive state for 1/2/3 seconds. The survivor hit will be put into Deep Wound.
Trebuchet can also be used to shoot in breakable doors.
There you go. Buffed AND fun to use. 💁♂️
You'd have 3 survivors perma stunlock the killer. I'd give it an hour before every content creator is making videos on it.
I love the idea of being able to aim and throw it where you'd like. I've had lots of fun playing Pebble & Deception lately. Give it the snowball mechanic from the winter chill event.
honestly I had an idea that if you hit the killer with the pebble it’d like hinder them for like 5% for a short while.
While it’s not a full on stun, I still don’t really like the idea of just buffing it by giving it hinder it seems really boring and lazy to me.
Maybe it could give blindness if you hit the eyes? Ooooo idea! give us a dnd style dirty tricks perk that’s let’s us throw pocket sand and it gives blindness (similar to residual manifest)
And it's a terrible idea.
Even a 5% hinder for a short while could be weaponized in chase with good loopers. It could be used to extend chases in a cruel fashion.
It would create a sort of lose-lose situation for the killer. Keep chasing the person they're chasing, while getting pebbled or chase the pebbler, who will inevitably be someone will take the killer on a long chase.
It would disproportionately affect weaker killers while not affecting strong killers much if at all.
It would just be the next tool to taunt and bully killers with. It's a diversion not a weapon.
Even a 5% hinder for a short while could be weaponized in chase with good loopers. It could be used to extend chases in a cruel fashion.
It would create a sort of lose-lose situation for the killer. Keep chasing the person they're chasing, while getting pebbled or chase the pebbler, who will inevitably be someone will take the killer on a long chase.
It would disproportionately affect weaker killers while not affecting strong killers much if at all.
It would just be the next tool to taunt and bully killers with. It's a diversion not a weapon.
fully agree, it’s why I scrapped the idea as a buff
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Let's make it a boulder
How does one buff the pebble?
You can already throw a pebble every 20 seconds with this perk. That's a good spot for it.
You want to make it so you can just crouch and constantly throw pebbles and notification spam the killer?
I want it to work like the snowballs so you can actually aim where you want it to land.
I think that’d be so cool
So you can throw it on pallets/windows/lockers etc to make it more believable. The only downside is it would definitely be a nerf on tight indoor maps but I think the trade off for more control would be worth it.
Also if this did happen, I’d like to see it get 2 charges/tokens
Why didn't you say that in the OP?
That would be a fine change to the perk. In that case 1 every 20 seconds might actually be too much. 😅
Perk Update for Diversion:
There you go. Buffed AND fun to use. 💁♂️
I used to see pebble a good amount back in the day. Post 2021 I’ve probably seen it a handful of times throughout the years which is pretty sad lol
Basekit pebble pls 😍
honestly I had an idea that if you hit the killer with the pebble it’d like hinder them for like 5% for a short while.
While it’s not a full on stun, I still don’t really like the idea of just buffing it by giving it hinder it seems really boring and lazy to me.
Maybe it could give blindness if you hit the eyes? Ooooo idea! give us a dnd style dirty tricks perk that’s let’s us throw pocket sand and it gives blindness (similar to residual manifest)
Pebble reworked to: Grenade
While in the killer's terror radius and not in chase for 60 seconds, enter a locker to obtain Grenade. Use Action Button 1 to throw, if detonation occurs within 3 meters of the killer, they die, and respawn after 30 seconds in the Basement.
"When throwing the pebble the survivor gain elusive for 10s (and all the current effect applies)" I feel would already make it more useful as a small pocket elusive.
You'd have 3 survivors perma stunlock the killer. I'd give it an hour before every content creator is making videos on it.
Yes thank you. Next patch okay?
Tbh, the very last thing I expected for my obvious tomfoolery was a serious answer.
But congrats, you did it.
I love the idea of being able to aim and throw it where you'd like. I've had lots of fun playing Pebble & Deception lately. Give it the snowball mechanic from the winter chill event.
And it's a terrible idea.
Even a 5% hinder for a short while could be weaponized in chase with good loopers. It could be used to extend chases in a cruel fashion.
It would create a sort of lose-lose situation for the killer. Keep chasing the person they're chasing, while getting pebbled or chase the pebbler, who will inevitably be someone will take the killer on a long chase.
It would disproportionately affect weaker killers while not affecting strong killers much if at all.
It would just be the next tool to taunt and bully killers with. It's a diversion not a weapon.
fully agree, it’s why I scrapped the idea as a buff
that would unironically be a nerf because imo part of the reason Pebble works is because nobody uses pebble so killers think "why game bug?"
Only if you have it on your load out as Chris Redfield
(this is a Resi joke not a pay to win suggestion)
If you throw your Pebble at the killer they should get a concussion and need to sit the rest of the match out.