chucky need buff

Hi everyone, I’d like to share my thoughts. Right now, Chucky is quite weak. I really hope he gets a buff; he lacks high movement speed, and his abilities take too long to use, making it a real struggle to catch up to survivors. Often, all the generators are powered up before a survivor even goes down. I hope Chucky gets buffed soon so he doesn't become unviable.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • I think he could use some buffs yeah, I miss playing against him and Tiff

    I'm not really sure what I could suggest, maybe a shorter CD? or better control on his power since Myers basically got that and way more.

  • I'd give him window scamper back. It makes no reason that it was removed alongside pallet scamper when only pallet scamper was the issue.

  • I've not been happy with Chucky since they totally removed his pallet scamper in hidey-ho mode and made him a different Killer. BHVR made him all about the Slice and Dice, which would be fine if they hadn't also decided to gut that as well by making it 8 m/s a few patches ago. Yet Wesker on the other hand gets two dashes at twice the speed and is commonly held up by the community as a paragon of balanced Killer design (make that make sense, because I just don't get it).

    I still enjoy the character but he's not a serious threat and more a Killer that I only play for the memes. Perhaps it's a skill issue on my part, but I think he's pretty weak at present and I don't understand why he regularly places so highly on tier lists.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    I think he could use some buffs yeah, I miss playing against him and Tiff

    I'm not really sure what I could suggest, maybe a shorter CD? or better control on his power since Myers basically got that and way more.

    Yeah, Chucky needs a buff; it would be better to bring back the "Scamper" ability he used to have. Chucky has lost the unique identity he originally possessed as a killer—it’s like The Shape suddenly being unable to use his stalking ability.

  • Yes, that's right—Chucky has lost his identity.

  • @tjt85 said:

    I've not been happy with Chucky since they totally removed his pallet scamper in hidey-ho mode and made him a different Killer. BHVR made him all about the Slice and Dice, which would be fine if they hadn't also decided to gut that as well by making it 8 m/s a few patches ago. Yet Wesker on the other hand gets two dashes at twice the speed and is commonly held up by the community as a paragon of balanced Killer design (make that make sense, because I just don't get it).

    I still enjoy the character but he's not a serious threat and more a Killer that I only play for the memes. Perhaps it's a skill issue on my part, but I think he's pretty weak at present and I don't understand why he regularly places so highly on tier lists.

    Yes, that's absolutely right; Chucky lost his identity when the developers killed it off.

  • I think scamper should be added in some more healthy form or his "scamper" after going through vault with dash should have bit more of a control then now.

    Overall he isnt that bad pretty mid killer now I would say and isnt that hard in my opinion but fact is the achivement is left unchenged but getting hits with scamper nowdays are almost impossible due to how easy it is to evade it, putting scamper back wouldnt make him op he has not same dash speed and control as before just 2 seconds faster cooldown plus his addons are weaker like rat poison.

  • @Abbzy said:

    I think scamper should be added in some more healthy form or his "scamper" after going through vault with dash should have bit more of a control then now.

    Overall he isnt that bad pretty mid killer now I would say and isnt that hard in my opinion but fact is the achivement is left unchenged but getting hits with scamper nowdays are almost impossible due to how easy it is to evade it, putting scamper back wouldnt make him op he has not same dash speed and control as before just 2 seconds faster cooldown plus his addons are weaker like rat poison.

    You're absolutely right; I hope BHVR doesn't kill off the Chucky killer—the nerfs are way too excessive. It's hard to maintain gen pressure with Chucky; for now, he's a low-tier killer.

  • somewhat shorter cooldown, window scamper returned with no penalty and pallet scamper returned but it removes some time left of Hidey Ho in the same way an M1 does. Also give him a head cosmetic to have a little hat since Victor can't get one

  • Im doing quite well on him i need to admit. Im using his short height a lot tho.

  • @coza said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4097062#Comment_4097062

    Yeah, Chucky needs a buff; it would be better to bring back the "Scamper" ability he used to have. Chucky has lost the unique identity he originally possessed as a killer—it’s like The Shape suddenly being unable to use his stalking ability.

    Yeah if scamper was too quick why didn't they just slow it down, that's what I don't understand? Why remove it entirely?

  • Id love to see a modified version of the manual scamper come back. Even if its just slower on pallets.

  • He ranks among the strongest Killers in 1v1 chases (even after being nerfed), and his short stature makes it easy for him to provoke mistakes from Survivors—which might be why he’s garnered so much unnecessary hate.

    From a 1v4 perspective, however, he’s a low-tier Killer who applies little pressure across the map due to his slow speed and long ability cooldowns.

    Overall, he’s weak against survivors who play by the book and try to complete tasks to escape through the gate, but he’s incredibly strong against outliers who prioritize chasing the Killer or triggering light stuns. He’s a poor, unfortunate Killer who’s been subjected to a series of unfortunate nerfs—including having some of his abilities stripped away—simply because he was disliked by casual players.

  • Much as I hate going against chucky. I have noticed that he's a lot easier to counterplay of late.

  • Just bump his speed back up to 115. Not sure why they needed to make him slower when his slice and dice is kind of a pain to use anyway (on console anyway).