Second day of the event and im already waiting for it to end.

This anniversary just had nothing for me. No good cosmetics, Cakes are scarce, the game mode lacks any interesting implementations for the killer role, and while it's certainly unique it's clear the focus was on casual survivors, as almost every aspect of it discourages chase (the part of the game I, and many others actually enjoy).

Its the exact same problem as 2v8, where I feel completely alienated and forced to stop playing the game for a few weeks, or atleast until normal queue modes go back to normal.

if I could give any advice to BHVR, stop trying to give either role easy ways to prolong/end chase. All it leads to is boring chases that feel unnecessarily long or kills that feel undeserved.

Comments

  • @rurisometimes said:

    This anniversary just had nothing for me. No good cosmetics, Cakes are scarce, the game mode lacks any interesting implementations for the killer role, and while it's certainly unique it's clear the focus was on casual survivors, as almost every aspect of it discourages chase (the part of the game I, and many others actually enjoy).

    Its the exact same problem as 2v8, where I feel completely alienated and forced to stop playing the game for a few weeks, or atleast until normal queue modes go back to normal.

    if I could give any advice to BHVR, stop trying to give either role easy ways to prolong/end chase. All it leads to is boring chases that feel unnecessarily long or kills that feel undeserved.

    The survivor powers are stupidly broken. I'm having to be insanely mean just to stand a chance, and that's when I'm not being trapped forever with unbreakable pallets or having SWFs basically take the game hostage by becoming almost invulnerable.

    The cakes are just…this feels less like an oversight and more like actual spite. Even if they change it today, people have already spent that 10m BP.

    And they won't. It'll be a small buff to this near the end of the event, for P100 characters or something.

  • Lot of 1 posts pop up during events.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Lot of 1 posts pop up during events.

    Right?? lol

  • @Mr_K said:

    Lot of 1 posts pop up during events.

    And? Peoples opinion matter regardless if they post here the first time or are here for 9 Years and post every day.

  • Oh no, anyway just go play the regular game mode where it's horribly unbalanced in your favor.

  • @esarraf said:

    Oh no, anyway just go play the regular game mode where it's horribly unbalanced in your favor.

    love how I never even mentioned which side I main

  • @rurisometimes said:

    This anniversary just had nothing for me. No good cosmetics, Cakes are scarce, the game mode lacks any interesting implementations for the killer role, and while it's certainly unique it's clear the focus was on casual survivors, as almost every aspect of it discourages chase (the part of the game I, and many others actually enjoy).

    Its the exact same problem as 2v8, where I feel completely alienated and forced to stop playing the game for a few weeks, or atleast until normal queue modes go back to normal.

    if I could give any advice to BHVR, stop trying to give either role easy ways to prolong/end chase. All it leads to is boring chases that feel unnecessarily long or kills that feel undeserved.

    Woah, don't bring the art team into this the cosmetics are good and the art team is peak.

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/469225/second-day-of-the-event-and-im-already-waiting-for-it-to-end

    Woah, don't bring the art team into this the cosmetics are good and the art team is peak.

    I love and appreciate the art team and they always do great regardless of how the game is performing, that's why I'm disappointed by how little skins there are and how lackluster they feel. The overall design and aesthetic of the event is phenomenal and the loading screen is one of my favs but the skins themself are just a bit boring imo.

  • @esarraf said:

    Oh no, anyway just go play the regular game mode where it's horribly unbalanced in your favor.

    Except it also affects main mode queues mainly for killer so its either be bored playing mostly survivor or be in queue simulator.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093725#Comment_4093725

    Except it also affects main mode queues mainly for killer so its either be bored playing mostly survivor or be in queue simulator.

    Oh no, an extra minute. Sorry let me grab the worlds smallest violin.

  • @esarraf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094078#Comment_4094078

    Oh no, an extra minute. Sorry let me grab the worlds smallest violin.

    I mean its more like 3-4 minutes.

  • I grinded through the first 8 quests, unlocked the outfits sans masks, and since they're ugly anyway, I am now content and will probably not touch this event again.

    Why bother.

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/469225/second-day-of-the-event-and-im-already-waiting-for-it-to-end

    Woah, don't bring the art team into this the cosmetics are good and the art team is peak.

    The suits are immaculate.

    The masks are really ugly though. (My opinion)

  • @Kekz0r85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093657#Comment_4093657

    And? Peoples opinion matter regardless if they post here the first time or are here for 9 Years and post every day.

    It's just interesting they just now started having opinions even though they are clearly stating not to be new players.

  • Tbh I'll just wait few more minutes to play bubba or some other weaker, mid tier killer then needing to run all top tiers like ghoul,blight to stand a chance in this mode where weaker killers get craped on by just existing in it.

    If theres swf atlest 3man its guarantee gg especialy if they get good food type with better effects.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093673#Comment_4093673

    It's just interesting they just now started having opinions even though they are clearly stating not to be new players.

    its crazy how people aren't allowed to have an opinion without expressing it on the forums, I forgot they made that a rule

  • image.png

    All I'm gonna say is, people aren't stopping playing rn so I'm getting conflicting messages from all these threads LOL I'm starting to see more killers catch onto the poison and survivors never once not been in need on my servers.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093673#Comment_4093673

    It's just interesting they just now started having opinions even though they are clearly stating not to be new players.

    them only starting to use the forums recently doesn't mean they never had opinions before? this isn't the only place to give feedback or discuss the game

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093870#Comment_4093870

    The suits are immaculate.

    The masks are really ugly though. (My opinion)

    Yeah I really only like dwight/trappers mask, I think they were designed to be awkward.

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094435#Comment_4094435

    Yeah I really only like dwight/trappers mask, I think they were designed to be awkward.

    Yeah. Tae-young and Claudette have the only masks I like, for instance. I like the weapons tho

  • @esarraf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094078#Comment_4094078

    Oh no, an extra minute. Sorry let me grab the worlds smallest violin.

    I think you misunderstand.

    If people are not enjoying the service in their live service game, they will simply move on and do something else. I certainly didn't want to wait over 30min for one match of 2v8. No matter how much fun I would have had. It's not worth the time.

    If people don't enjoy playing killer during the event and waiting times for normal queues aren't worth their time, they will not play the game.

    That's not what you would want for the big 10th anniversary of your game? Would you?

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IVPP3R5NYWY3/image.png

    All I'm gonna say is, people aren't stopping playing rn so I'm getting conflicting messages from all these threads LOL I'm starting to see more killers catch onto the poison and survivors never once not been in need on my servers.

    I'm not at home right now and didn't get the chance to play the event yet. So take my take (not intended) with a grain of salt.

    From what I've seen from videos online, the poison is the most boring free hit mechanic ever seen in dbd. The hit is even more free than release Ghoul.

    I personally don't see how that's engaging to play with, but I've also never been a fan of forced hits.

    At least the invisibility mechanic seems fun to play with, as it's at least something new.

    I assume, that bhvrs marketing campaign worked to get a bunch of people on board for the survivor perks, Jason and the anniversary event. These people either continue playing (after getting the event rewards) for cakes or because they like it. What I think most people do, is getting the rewards, play survivor or quit the mode entirely, switching to normal queue.

    Numbers are up because theres new stuff. Not surprised. It's always been that way.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094455#Comment_4094455

    I'm not at home right now and didn't get the chance to play the event yet. So take my take (not intended) with a grain of salt.

    From what I've seen from videos online, the poison is the most boring free hit mechanic ever seen in dbd. The hit is even more free than release Ghoul.

    I personally don't see how that's engaging to play with, but I've also never been a fan of forced hits.

    At least the invisibility mechanic seems fun to play with, as it's at least something new.

    I assume, that bhvrs marketing campaign worked to get a bunch of people on board for the survivor perks, Jason and the anniversary event. These people either continue playing (after getting the event rewards) for cakes or because they like it. What I think most people do, is getting the rewards, play survivor or quit the mode entirely, switching to normal queue.

    Numbers are up because theres new stuff. Not surprised. It's always been that way.

    the poison isn't so bad baring in mind the survivors can get free heals or ways to elude the killer, I've been using head on to give me a little respite midchase and buy a bit of time if I'm hit with it.

    it's simple and effective and with how some killers have so much going on, that's probably a good thing, unlike survs who have a simple toolkit,

    My least fav has to be the pallet mechanic, the invuln doesnt work on projectiles and the pallets are frustrating for some killers to go against, but again the poison is there as an answer so it's not all too bad.

    People are still playing the mode in troves lol I've been playing it non stop and not seen a single repeating face yet.

    While you are right its due to new stuff, they are the highest they've been in a long time.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IVPP3R5NYWY3/image.png

    All I'm gonna say is, people aren't stopping playing rn so I'm getting conflicting messages from all these threads LOL I'm starting to see more killers catch onto the poison and survivors never once not been in need on my servers.

    More bloodpoints its only reason many play even if they dislike the event.

    As survivor this event gives you more then old dh and as killer only few can compete there due to how easy it is for survivor to just grab food and use it.

    For me its survivor time or just jason,krasue,ghoul,blight,mayers,billy and killers like these which stand a chance in this mode.

    I played weaker killers there but I got totaly destroyed and even bullyed because of busted effects like pallets that cant be broken but survd can vault them or almost infinite invisibility etc. on top their very strong effects from meta perks like ds,dh,unbreakable, etc.

    This event is pure survivor sided and only survivors can compete there with top killers.

    As some claimed here that the objective with cakes will take more time from survs no it doesnt take more time because all you have to do is just put one cake on table and then go restock it and use it on and on.

    Worst event ever just hope 2v8,chaos shuffle or lights out are at doorstep after this crap.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094455#Comment_4094455

    More bloodpoints its only reason many play even if they dislike the event.

    As survivor this event gives you more then old dh and as killer only few can compete there due to how easy it is for survivor to just grab food and use it.

    For me its survivor time or just jason,krasue,ghoul,blight,mayers,billy and killers like these which stand a chance in this mode.

    I played weaker killers there but I got totaly destroyed and even bullyed because of busted effects like pallets that cant be broken but survd can vault them or almost infinite invisibility etc. on top their very strong effects from meta perks like ds,dh,unbreakable, etc.

    This event is pure survivor sided and only survivors can compete there with top killers.

    As some claimed here that the objective with cakes will take more time from survs no it doesnt take more time because all you have to do is just put one cake on table and then go restock it and use it on and on.

    Worst event ever just hope 2v8,chaos shuffle or lights out are at doorstep after this crap.

    More bloodpoints its only reason many play even if they dislike the event.

    For once I agree with you Abbzy.
    This is exactly why people has been waiting for the event, like every other year before.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094253#Comment_4094253

    I think you misunderstand.

    If people are not enjoying the service in their live service game, they will simply move on and do something else. I certainly didn't want to wait over 30min for one match of 2v8. No matter how much fun I would have had. It's not worth the time.

    If people don't enjoy playing killer during the event and waiting times for normal queues aren't worth their time, they will not play the game.

    That's not what you would want for the big 10th anniversary of your game? Would you?

    Here's the thing, the dozens of people that play something else are completely irrelevant and do not matter at all in the grand scheme of things. It's why 2v8 is going to keep coming back because the tens of thousands of players it brings in matter more than the dozens of people that don't like events.

  • @esarraf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094596#Comment_4094596

    Here's the thing, the dozens of people that play something else are completely irrelevant and do not matter at all in the grand scheme of things. It's why 2v8 is going to keep coming back because the tens of thousands of players it brings in matter more than the dozens of people that don't like events.

    Well, then let's hope that there are enough killer players that want to either cheese to win or endure the uphill battle.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094841#Comment_4094841

    Well, then let's hope that there are enough killer players that want to either cheese to win or endure the uphill battle.

    … We literally know there's a surplus of killers right now. That's why survivors have the bp bonus because the reality of the situation is that most killers are fine with the event or simply got good and learned how to use poison.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094841#Comment_4094841

    Well, then let's hope that there are enough killer players that want to either cheese to win or endure the uphill battle.

    You're not seeing the big picture. All you see is the overpowered buffs that survivors are getting.

    Killers get some less tangible but significant bonuses:

    • Strong tiles on certain maps get deleted, replaced with the event tile that has a single pallet, no windows and only short obstacles. I've seen it replace the Cursed Cabin on the Swamp making a huge section of the map a dead zone.
    • Banquet Tables replace main gens very often which have resulted in some of the tightest 3, 4 & even 5 gen groupings that are ridiculously easy to defend. Practical no win scenarios for all but the sweatiest of SWFs.
    • If carts don't spawn close to Banquet Tables survivors can waste far too much time plating the table that they never get the gens done.
    • There are an abundance of clueless newbs who just joined DbD with the Jason chapter who are complete cannon fodder.
    • And the poison bottles are really good too.

    Killers are eating well in both queues, worry not.

  • @ForTheEntity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094969#Comment_4094969

    You're not seeing the big picture. All you see is the overpowered buffs that survivors are getting.

    Killers get some less tangible but significant bonuses:

    • Strong tiles on certain maps get deleted, replaced with the event tile that has a single pallet, no windows and only short obstacles. I've seen it replace the Cursed Cabin on the Swamp making a huge section of the map a dead zone.
    • Banquet Tables replace main gens very often which have resulted in some of the tightest 3, 4 & even 5 gen groupings that are ridiculously easy to defend. Practical no win scenarios for all but the sweatiest of SWFs.
    • If carts don't spawn close to Banquet Tables survivors can waste far too much time plating the table that they never get the gens done.
    • There are an abundance of clueless newbs who just joined DbD with the Jason chapter who are complete cannon fodder.
    • And the poison bottles are really good too.

    Killers are eating well in both queues, worry not.

    I played it yesterday and yes, I won my sadako match. I won at 3 gens remaining.

    Did I have fun though? Absolutely not. It was old dh with hit validation - levels of infuriating.

    Most of your points boil down to: are the survivors morons? Yes? Well, then your gonna win. Is that game gonna be fun? Depends, but for me probably not at all. Compared to most people here and in dbd, I play to have fun. I got over 4500h and unlocked everything I want. Im truly just playing to have fun playing my fav characters. Pig feels utterly unplayble. Traps are an absolute joke because survivors can tp to the boxes and I don't have to explain why not being able to break pallets is a problem for a non mobility-, no pallet break / vault - killer.

    Yes. I can poison a survivor to get an almost guaranteed hit. Cool. I can play Ghoul on steroids. What engaging gameplay.

    Again, I'm happy for those enjoying this event. I just don't want to deal with bhvr endorsed cheaters. I had enough cheaters in my games when they made dbd free on epic for a weekend.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4095119#Comment_4095119

    I played it yesterday and yes, I won my sadako match. I won at 3 gens remaining.

    Did I have fun though? Absolutely not. It was old dh with hit validation - levels of infuriating.

    Most of your points boil down to: are the survivors morons? Yes? Well, then your gonna win. Is that game gonna be fun? Depends, but for me probably not at all. Compared to most people here and in dbd, I play to have fun. I got over 4500h and unlocked everything I want. Im truly just playing to have fun playing my fav characters. Pig feels utterly unplayble. Traps are an absolute joke because survivors can tp to the boxes and I don't have to explain why not being able to break pallets is a problem for a non mobility-, no pallet break / vault - killer.

    Yes. I can poison a survivor to get an almost guaranteed hit. Cool. I can play Ghoul on steroids. What engaging gameplay.

    Again, I'm happy for those enjoying this event. I just don't want to deal with bhvr endorsed cheaters. I had enough cheaters in my games when they made dbd free on epic for a weekend.

    I made 5 points and only 1 of them can be "boiled down" to "are survivors morons?" So to you 1/5 or 20% = most? Maybe you're the …

    I get it. This event is a disappointment. I'm disappointed too. It's the 10th year anniversary, they hyped it so much even the Entity should have been excited for it. Instead we got the weakest event ever.

    I wish all the new people brought in by Jason's chapter got introduced to DbD with something better than a load of meh.

    I hope you have fun playing something else. Consider picking up a new game on Steam. The deals that can be had right now are crazy!

  • @Kupega said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094443#Comment_4094443

    them only starting to use the forums recently doesn't mean they never had opinions before? this isn't the only place to give feedback or discuss the game

    idk if you're not understanding or just trolling. Maybe you need someone to spell it out?

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094458#Comment_4094458

    idk if you're not understanding or just trolling. Maybe you need someone to spell it out?

    spell what out? is this legally the only place where people can discuss the game, and validity of one's opinion comes from time and number of posts on here?

  • @ForTheEntity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4095248#Comment_4095248

    I made 5 points and only 1 of them can be "boiled down" to "are survivors morons?" So to you 1/5 or 20% = most? Maybe you're the …

    I get it. This event is a disappointment. I'm disappointed too. It's the 10th year anniversary, they hyped it so much even the Entity should have been excited for it. Instead we got the weakest event ever.

    I wish all the new people brought in by Jason's chapter got introduced to DbD with something better than a load of meh.

    I hope you have fun playing something else. Consider picking up a new game on Steam. The deals that can be had right now are crazy!

    Thx for immediately going there. Good start to a reasonable discussion.

    Let me be more thorough then.

    1. Strong tiles get deleted. Some do. To compensate for a few tiles being deleted, a ton of additional pallets spawn. I played a large amount of survivor matches yesterday and my god. Almost every double pallet spawned.
    2. 3 gens only become strong if the killer is actively playing for it, the survivors are morons (mindlessly finish gens, ignoring the threat of a 3 Gen) , or if the survivot are uncoordinatedand.
    3. So survivors are ignoring gens to do event stuff, getting them killed in the process. Morons.
    4. I guess noobs don't know any better. So they play like morons, but you can't blame them for it. Fair enough. My bad.
    5. Poison bottles are literally countered by smart pathing or, if you want to put in even less effort, fixated. I managed to survive against the poison at least 3 times yesterday without taking a single hit. No fixated. Just careful stamina management. The overabundance of pallets haste through the event makes it even easier to avoid a hit. So again. If survivors are having massive issues with the poison, then its all on them for not countering it properly. It's literally not that hard to do.

    So out of the 5 things you mentioned, 3 boil down to survivors being morons. The first is more or less a statement about resources.

  • @Kupega said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4095498#Comment_4095498

    spell what out? is this legally the only place where people can discuss the game, and validity of one's opinion comes from time and number of posts on here?

    Legally? You can discuss DBD anywhere, BHVR won't send lawyers after you.

    Here's a hint since you can't tell. What if someone gets one of those crossed out profile pics and decides to come back during highly visible events to stir up controversy?

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4095543#Comment_4095543

    Legally? You can discuss DBD anywhere, BHVR won't send lawyers after you.

    Here's a hint since you can't tell. What if someone gets one of those crossed out profile pics and decides to come back during highly visible events to stir up controversy?

    because controversy is something so foreign to DBD, let alone the forums? What controversy could a throwaway account on a game forum cause that any other place where discussion is available is immune to? Is there something here that makes it easier than somewhere like Twitter, where the game actually gets represented to the population that DON'T play the game?

  • @Kupega said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4096391#Comment_4096391

    because controversy is something so foreign to DBD, let alone the forums? What controversy could a throwaway account on a game forum cause that any other place where discussion is available is immune to? Is there something here that makes it easier than somewhere like Twitter, where the game actually gets represented to the population that DON'T play the game?

    a throw away account? If it was just one I wouldn't need to say anything. Also this is the most self centered community people would completely do this.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4096418#Comment_4096418

    a throw away account? If it was just one I wouldn't need to say anything. Also this is the most self centered community people would completely do this.

    so what determines a throwaway account not being someone getting frustrated and making this known to BHVR?

    And yes, people could do that but that misses the point of why would they isolate it to the forums and not somewhere like twitter where the controversy you think they'll cook up could spread like wildfire? BHVR can't control it there, but here they can easily delete the account entirely before it spirals out of control and then whatever satisfaction they wanted from the attention and negativity is squashed

  • @Kupega said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4096739#Comment_4096739

    so what determines a throwaway account not being someone getting frustrated and making this known to BHVR?

    And yes, people could do that but that misses the point of why would they isolate it to the forums and not somewhere like twitter where the controversy you think they'll cook up could spread like wildfire? BHVR can't control it there, but here they can easily delete the account entirely before it spirals out of control and then whatever satisfaction they wanted from the attention and negativity is squashed

    You can't prove either way. That's why I say it's suspicious. You seem to be the belief that every account is legit and valid while I'm more skeptical of the timing and nature.

  • I think this event is really all the proof that I need that I'm over DBD. It's not that I was expecting much to begin with—it's more that it's clearer than ever that the game is actually not improving at all. BHVR still has an antagonistic relationship with their audience (they're just more gaslighty and passive aggressive than directly aggressive like in the past), balancing is nonexistent and getting worse, cosmetics don't match the feel of the game anymore barring very rare exceptions, new content is flaccid at best, and all of these updates are making the game more unstable (I've already crashed twice during the event and the harsher penalty for DCs is making it worse). Even communicating with other fans feels more like early stage group therapy than anything fun or rewarding.

    It's just a subpar experience created with talent of equal caliber that cultivates negativity above all else. Not worth it.

  • like with 2v8, the mid chase on demand sprint burst effect is simply not fun to play against and needs to be retired from all future events. it penalises not picking strong killers