How to fix body-blocking abusage
When unhooked - survivors should absolutely be able to take an endurance hit. The issue is though that INCREDIBLY often survivors that were just unhooked will bodyblock a survivor from chasing another survivor - either forcing the killer to either hit the unhooked survivor (inflicting deep wound) and chasing that survivor (tunnelling) OR try to wiggle around the bodyblocking survivor - though this is often impossible.
My fix would be that when a survivor is unhooked - that the unhooked survivor loses collision soley w/ the killer. The killer can still hit them if they want to, but the survivor can no longer stop the killer from chasing another survivor and force a useless hit.
This would be a win-win for both survivor and killer b/c 1. this prevents survivors from being body blocked by the killer waiting for the endurance timer to run out 2. it still gives the killer the option to tunnel if they want to OR it allows them to not tunnel and go after the other survivor
The 0 collision w/ the killer should only last as long as the endurance does
Comments
Come to think of it I don't know why this wasn't implemented with previous no collision changes. I don't see how this could be abusable for either side really.
This was part of the anti tunnel update. What ended up happening was all the unhooked survivors would abuse their lack of collision to make it even harder for the killer to hit the unhooker, as they could maneuver around inside the killer ensuring they are the ones to be hit. It simply got weaponised rather than used to help escape like it is meant for. So it was reverted.
Because proxy camping needs to be even stronger and require less skill /s
Not being able to take endurance hits for others is just community rulebook stuff. People are free to do as they please, though they obviously should accept the consequences too
Ohh right I was wrong this was a thing completely forgot about it.
As already mentioned, this was largely what they tried with anti-tunnel changes and this was one of the things survivors and killers both said wasn't working.
it still gives the killer the option to tunnel if they want to OR it allows them to not tunnel and go after the other survivorThis is preserving killer options while railroading survivors.
Right now, survivors and killers have choices on what to do after an unhook, with pros and cons to various strategies (lots of which I'd alter). This says the killer still gets to choose what he wants to do, but survivors actions are extremely curtailled.
The intent to try and hold onto this was one of the reasons it failed before. You don't want survivors to body block? Sure, make them completely intangible who have no collision and can't be hit. But unless the game goes all the way on that, it just going to get more messy.
I’m fine with people being able to body block off hook, but then they also need to be ok with doing so making them a tunneling target. If someone wants to use free endurance to body block rather than getting themselves to safety, I’m going to make them pay the price.
To be honest a survivor who abuses their anti tunnel help and deliberately goes for the protection hit after being unhooked is a totally fair tunneling target imo.
I will almost never trigger a tunnel straight off hook (unless that surv has been particularly toxic) but if someone body blocks me from getting a hit on their rescuer? You took a big risk and it's about to bite you.
Ah, yeah. I do hate the abuse of this system. Only solution I ever found was to treat it as an invitation to slug and tunnel when performed. Unfortunately the community decided it's on the valid to abuse list, and I can understand why, but it really does kill the fun when SWF's cycle in body blocks of healthy folks to avoid letting me get any downs at all. It's clippable fun for them, but it's miserable frustration for me.
Only answer really is to slug/tunnel when you see it, or alternatively practice on a higher tier killer to out-creep it, or a specialized killer like Bubba who punishes it. I dislike all these options, but I also dislike how SWF's are open to abuse the system with broad approval in this sense. It's awful for the poor SoloQ's.
This is funny because I tried to fall into the mentality that you shouldn't tunnel as it's deemed unsportsmanlike but then when I try to chase the unhooker I get body blocked from doing so then when I tunneled because they abused the mechanic they complained in the end game chat, this is one of those situations where either way you can't win, you try to be nice by not tunneling and get rewarded with body blocking, you tunnel and get rewarded with end game chat flare, it's sad to say but this community is extremely weak minded in this regard and many others if I'm being honest.