Was the selfcare nerf a good idea?
I by myself and many I know of are playing the "No heal meta" which means basically not equipping selfcare, always using adrenalin and rush the gens injured.
The plan of nerfing selfcare was to slow down the game. This works for the casual and the only "just decent" survivors, because they will still selfcare even against Legion lol.
However, for the more advanced survivors selfcare became a "wasted" perkslot and this leads to survivors to rush the gens even faster, especially coordinated SWF groups who got 4x adrenalin.
I was always running adrenalin and only pushed the last gen injured, but lately I push all gens injured as survivor.
What's your opinion? Did the selfcare nerf helped you to slow the game down or are games even faster done cuz everyone is pushing gens injured? As killer I feel SWF games are ending even quicker than before if they have all adrenalin and noone selfcare.
EDIT: So far it seems like the most people agree with that the healing speed nerf was a bad idea and backfired killer so gens are getting rushed even faster.
The plan of nerfing selfcare was to slow down the game. This works for the casual and the only "just decent" survivors, because they will still selfcare even against Legion lol.
However, for the more advanced survivors selfcare became a "wasted" perkslot and this leads to survivors to rush the gens even faster, especially coordinated SWF groups who got 4x adrenalin.
I was always running adrenalin and only pushed the last gen injured, but lately I push all gens injured as survivor.
What's your opinion? Did the selfcare nerf helped you to slow the game down or are games even faster done cuz everyone is pushing gens injured? As killer I feel SWF games are ending even quicker than before if they have all adrenalin and noone selfcare.
EDIT: So far it seems like the most people agree with that the healing speed nerf was a bad idea and backfired killer so gens are getting rushed even faster.
Comments
Self care received no nerf.
Tbf, only good survivors can stay injured all time but isn't that exactly the issue? The issue are the good survivors and not the bad survivors if we talk about balance
This was no Nerf to Self Care, it was a general Nerf to Healing Speed. That is what he meant. (Of course we all know what you mean, some people are just picky)
I agree to you, even though I rarely see that people do not heal anymore. Running Self Care is still not bad at all. I think it is fine as it is.
But like said before, some people really want to nerf Self Care. I have read one "idea" where the time should be doubled or trippled. I simply cannot understand why people really think that this would be good, nobody would heal for 60 or even 90 seconds, everyone would just run Resilience and rush the Gens. Really hard to think a little bit further I guess...
It was a good idea. The reason it didn't work is because it just further illustrated how strong survivors currently are even without healing and how brokenly fast the gens can be done.
The healing change wasn't the issue, it just made the more serious issue more noticeable. The change was still a good one, SC was way too strong.
That was bad idea. You don't see the issue with this. It's theoritaclly a nerf in a practice buff. If surv heal theyself 25% faster (75% normal) and heal other 25% slower (75% too) all will heal thyself = low amount of BP (even lower) =
2.1.0 - 12 seconds of healing > 16 seconds of healing
2.5.0 - 16 seconds of healing > 12 seconds of healing. Pretty good job
That's why the ptb self-care was so bad. Rather than interacting with survivors, generators and killer, you were only interacting with generators and killer.
SWF rushing gens with Adrenaline is just an SWF issue and the unholy trio of perks issue (DS/NOED/Adrenaline).
Oh oh, mixed opinions.
This'll be fun.
Every ######### time survivors find a way to work around new changes people come over and complain about how they managed to adapt to those changes.
The killer at that point has 20 seconds before the gates are opened in which to catch up to, outplay and then down the survivor. Really shafts lower tier killers if they don't have NOED.
That's why everyone says if NOED went Adrenaline would need to go too.
I don't have any single problem with noed either, they both can stay.
Besides if you try to 2 hook everyone and go for a different survior each time as survivors want you'll often end up with multiple survivors left at the end.
No, it's actually the other way around.
@arecbalrin said:
That being said i'm not here to defend every suggestion from survivor mains, i know many of them are pretty dumb and i've been against them too.
The ptb self-care which the devs insist they want to bring back despite the negativd reaction is proof of this.
After the healing nerf and most killers taking sloppy, as survivor I...
- Used Pharmacy, Botany and Bond (good self-heal speed, item effiency, and heal others faster)
Then after ending up with 30 green medkits in my inventory I...
- Took a green med kit, self-care and We'll make it (self-care for item effiency, we'll make it for lightning fast heals)
And after using that for a while I now take...
- self-care and botany (heal myself in 21 seconds, faster than the old self-care, and I heal others 33% faster too)
All of this is adapting to healing nerfs and killers running sloppy to slow down healing.
However some survivors just cry and cry for self-care to be the only perk they need again just like in the old days where you get unlimted self-heals and at a good speed. With the ptb it seems the devs wanted to cater to them rather than forcing them to adapt.
What happend? I do not see anything in the recent patchnotes...
So... Why are people arguing about it now, instead of arguing about it when it came out?
It may be a good change, survivors now use other, maybe even better perks, which they would not normally use. Like Iron Will, for example, which is, in my opinion, a must have on survivor, or UE.
Not talking about Adrenaline, because I haven't seen any difference in it's usage.
Sounds to me like you started playing Killer comparably recently. If you look at the game from 2.0.0 onwards and disregard all the buffs Survivors/nerfs Killers had prior to that update, then you lack the bigger picture of why tables have turned now.
SC hasnt been nerfed, just like DS rework didnt happen and the hatch sloing mechanic has been dismissed
Who says that? I certainly don't. Only stuff that changed in itself is either buffed or nerfed. SC wasn't nerfed as its values weren't changed. The Doctor wasn't nerfed just because a Perk he has the option of using no longer reveals Snapping Out Of It Survivors. His power wasn't changed.
If anything in that equation, then Nurse's Calling was nerfed.
The change to nurses calling specifically targeted docs snapping out progress.
The healing nerf was a general nerf to healing and was not specific to SC
About SC its values weren't changed but the healing changes affected that perk indirectly, which is why some people stopped running it.
Because it takes 8 seconds longer to heal? My what an atrocity, must mean the Perk is utter garbage.
And really, it's still omni-present in my games, there are at least 2-3 SCs still.
I've played this game since PC release, always as a 50/50 player, ranked up well over 2000 hours and maintain the Wiki for nearly 2 years now. I know of every buff, nerf, rework and QoL change there ever was in the game.
I will not put up with anyone daring to call me biased.
As for your comment after that:
All in all, playing Killer was easiest in 2016, ranged anywhere from moderate to difficult all throughout 2017 and half of 2018 and is now back to moderate. I never claimed it was difficult, but it also most definitely isn't easy compared to 2016.
Survivor on the other hand was only hard in 2016, when no one knew what the hell they were doing. Ever since that, it's been easy, especially so in a group and still is if you don't ######### around and play stupid.
Well guess why, the ability to heal yourself is just mindblowing, no need to search for a teammate that can heal you (which is even difficult via voicecomms if you are playing with inexperienced survivors)
I'm so thankful for the healing nerf, seriously, made me see things from a different point of view and become more efficient.
That should be obvious. If by the time there are only 1-2 Generators left to complete and all 4 Survivors are still in the game, it doesn't matter whether they just 1 or 3 Hooks left, their manpower at that point is so strong that it will be nigh impossible to win the game at that point unless they really screw up badly. All it needs is one good looper left and the other 3 working on the last Gen or two and it's ggez.
Which shows you how broken the gen situation is right now.
I agree with the healing nerf aswell, being injured needs to mean sth.
If killers can't take advantage from that then it's on them.
Those things can't be combined.
He means the healing speed nerf