Was the selfcare nerf a good idea?
I by myself and many I know of are playing the "No heal meta" which means basically not equipping selfcare, always using adrenalin and rush the gens injured.
The plan of nerfing selfcare was to slow down the game. This works for the casual and the only "just decent" survivors, because they will still selfcare even against Legion lol.
However, for the more advanced survivors selfcare became a "wasted" perkslot and this leads to survivors to rush the gens even faster, especially coordinated SWF groups who got 4x adrenalin.
I was always running adrenalin and only pushed the last gen injured, but lately I push all gens injured as survivor.
What's your opinion? Did the selfcare nerf helped you to slow the game down or are games even faster done cuz everyone is pushing gens injured? As killer I feel SWF games are ending even quicker than before if they have all adrenalin and noone selfcare.
EDIT: So far it seems like the most people agree with that the healing speed nerf was a bad idea and backfired killer so gens are getting rushed even faster.
The plan of nerfing selfcare was to slow down the game. This works for the casual and the only "just decent" survivors, because they will still selfcare even against Legion lol.
However, for the more advanced survivors selfcare became a "wasted" perkslot and this leads to survivors to rush the gens even faster, especially coordinated SWF groups who got 4x adrenalin.
I was always running adrenalin and only pushed the last gen injured, but lately I push all gens injured as survivor.
What's your opinion? Did the selfcare nerf helped you to slow the game down or are games even faster done cuz everyone is pushing gens injured? As killer I feel SWF games are ending even quicker than before if they have all adrenalin and noone selfcare.
EDIT: So far it seems like the most people agree with that the healing speed nerf was a bad idea and backfired killer so gens are getting rushed even faster.
Comments
I've started to use Resilience, Adrenaline (yup you're right about the first 2), Balanced Landing and Iron will. It's so easy to survive and genrush the hell out of the killers. The self care nerf was stupid and backfired on the killers. I love it. Although as killer, I've had to resort to playing scummy to win. ITS BEAUTIFUL.
Are you trolling? It used to take 24 seconds. That was 3/10 of a gen. It was worth healing. Now that is got nerfed to 32 seconds, it takes 4/10 of a gen. That's just dumb to heal. It was before but now it's just blatantly obviously dumb. (Excuse my crappy grammar)
I'm solo but it works just as well. I'm decent at chasing again so I do fine without healing. It's so pointless.
Selfcare didnt get changed, healing did.
Its still as good as before, im happy to see survivors not healing. Makes it even easier to snowball and win, just to progress gens for a bit. Beeing injured is still a very weak state.
I'm actually quite serious. I don't make such a fuss about 1/10 of a Gen more that it now takes to Self-Care. Gens are still plenty fast and being able to be self-reliant should come at a price. Being injured does little enough as is.
What?!?! Are we playing the same game??
2016 survivors were totally overpowered, 2017 survivors were still strong but the gross imbalances were reduced, 2018 is pretty much ezpz.
Infinites, pallettown, window vacuum, palletvacuum, slooow killervaults, no exhaustion sprintburst, jungle gyms, no obsession ds, instablinds, 60s gens, no gen kicking, no aurareading perks, only whispers/nurses calling/enduring/brutal strength vs 4x Sprintburst/DS/SC/Adrenaline or Iron will or Sabo
Survivor in 2016 was so ez, you could just CHOOSE not to go down. Not exaggerating.
Now the game is balanced
Red Ranks, Central Europe.
Night.
You both from Germany?
Not healing gives 32s of gentime.
If 2 survivors do gens while you get chased, you just have to waste 16s while chasing with your extra health state to make it worth healing.
Or 10s if every other survivor does gens. You'd have to be very bad at chases to not make your second health state worth it.
No, but that's as much as I'll disclose.