Looping in general
i only have 325 hours on Switch and i cant last long in chase, i always get scared and Vault into a hit, or have the worst pathing in history. its not even map based, i just cant run the killer! any looping tips would be helpful, sorry for the bother
Tagged:
Survivors
Comments
Pretty much it just boils down to meaningful practice. What that means is this:
Thank you for your kind words and tips, i really needed them. Im usally a killer player, and generally find it hard to put the chase in the survivors POV, and whenever i drop a pallet i usally panic and run off or valut into the killer, same goes for looping, i generally cant loop, when i have the killer on my tail i run to the nearest pallet drop it, and hope they break it so i can run off, i dont stay
While looping can be effective, it can also be pointless in soloq if your team are not doing gens. I play stealth. Do gens, avoid the killer, avoid chases unless I absolutely have to run. That way I'm working towards the goal of doing gens to escape instead of going in circles with a killer for ages while my team fart about in the basement or whatever they are doing.
i usally try to do that but the killer somehow has a tracker on me, and decided i offended their bloodline
Just comes down to practice. MrTatorhead on youtube has some good guides
ty, ill check em out and practice in the meantime
Looping also requires focusing more on the killer and guessing what they will do next, and reacting before it even happens ( which is where playing killers comes in). Also mind gaming where you pretend you are about to do something and their reaction time kicks in, and you end up not doing that thing but they go through with the attack and miss, like making wesker vault a window you faked going to etc.
Something else that buys me a bit more time in chase (sometimes) is weaving from side to side before a hit comes at you. Like youd judge the distance they have before they swing, and right before they reach swing distance youd turn left then sharp right, the killer might end up swinging left while you are to the right and it buys you enough time to reach a window or something. Mostly works against a killer you know is using console based on how they aim, as a mouse user can probably turn more to hit you even if they missed.
I play mostly on PC these days but I've also logged a decent amount of hours on Switch (600+) and I can tell you, playing on Switch puts you at a competitive disadvantage compared to the other platforms. It might be a little better on Switch 2, but I swear Killers can sniff out the fact that you're playing on Switch by the way you move / react and I find myself targeted often (in truth, I'm also pretty bad at looping myself regardless of what platform I'm playing on and I've thrown in the towel on learning at this point).
Anyway, I tend to lean a lot more heavily on other strategies when I play on Switch. There are some decent recent stealth builds to try out like Lightweight, Ghost Notes and an exhaustion perk to make your scratch marks disappear. Self-Preservation is an excellent stealth perk these days and arguably better than old Distortion (the new Eleven one ESP seems very good as well but I don't have this perk). Or you can go all in on aura reveal perks to tell you where the Killer is at most of the time and make sure you're elsewhere. Or you could try my anti-tunnel hold forward build (Wicked, Sprint Burst, Off The Record, Made For This) to waste as much time as possible in chase without really looping anything at all. A bit niche, but Overcome, Lucky Break, Quick and Quiet is also a solid combo to end a chase by hiding inside a locker.
I know you asked about improving at looping but I think the community can put too much emphasis on looping as the be all and end all because that's the way content creators play the game. At the end of the day, so long as you are progressing the game and making the Killer waste time looking for you, you are still doing your part. To quote Obi-wan - "You can't win, but there are alternatives
fightinglooping".keep in mind that the Switch Hardware does objectively set you at a disadvantage.
You have lower FPS, Performance in general, and depending in the setup also network issues (Ethernet or WLAN, Controller directly connected or wireless), then there is also Problem with controllers itself, as they tend to have some Input Delay compared to M&K and literally no settings for deadzones or response curves - some of these issues can be overcome on OC with steam but just not on the Switch itself.
Some say there is also advantage as survivor on Controller as you can easier 360 and while thats true it also only really works against unexperienced Killers or those on Controller themselves getting screwed by autoaim and/or low turn sensitivity.
So while you can play and get better on switch, there is just really a lower skill ceiling
have you ever seen Spongebob? if you've seen the GloveWorld episode, you need to think of yourself as the glove world bus.
any time Spongebob sticks his hand in the vending machine, the bus moves closer and when Spongebob steps back, so does the bus. this silly mental image will do you wonders against most Killers. for example bubba struggles to catch people who always move away from him.
if you want to enter my training school of looping arts, you could sign up for my exercise program which is on discount since one of the licensed perks is now free!
Object of Obsession, Scene Partner, Troubleshooter and Resilience is my go to that I call "safety in the eye of the storm" build for people who want to get comfortable taking the heat.
I had to develop this build, 50% because chucky was annoying me on release and 50% my team was literally all distortion players except 1, who was unfortunately our weakest link so they always got turbo tunneled.
I have great game sense and awareness, but I'm old. I enjoy stealth more, too. however this build did a lot for me.
Object helps you suss out killers builds so you can confirm aura perks, and sometimes you get auras mid chase or you see a stealth killer approaching (seeing chucky for 0.05 seconds is still huge because you know his approach)
Scene Partner+Troubldshooter grants great safety in chase and allows you to play more unsafe pallets with poor check spots that you need the reaction time of a kid to play, like midwich middle area. Troubleshooter prevents you from running the killer into high value generators.
Resilience is the cherry on top for extra loop value plus tiny repair progress, but you could swap that for Strength in Shadows if you'd like a decent heal with some decent aura attached.
this build kills, but it saves. it saves, but it kills. Scene Partner is a lifestyle that has to be embraced since you have to treat every killer as if they are Ghostface but it's incredibly rewarding.
I recommend Mr TatorHead he has really good survivor looping guides
I think at the end of the day it comes down to experience; 325 hours is a ton in most games, but it's nothing in DBD. And you have to get into chases, even though you're going to die. A lot. Don't be afraid to lose, and try not to get discouraged when SBMM feeds you into a meat grinder.
Watch instructional/tutorial videos, but remember that knowledge =/= execution, and be patient with yourself.
i did just get Gabe so ill try your build out, thank you. and as a Avid Spongebob enjoyer i 100% can imagine it clearly
i like to generally avoid Chase but i should try more often to get chased, to learn more