Why is Chucky 4.4/ms?

Dead by Daylight has had a lot of changes over the years, but one of the nerfs that I still don’t understand is Chucky’s speed. With The Shape rework, we have a killer who can become undetectable and dash. We have several killers who can dash a lot further like Wesker. These killers are all 4.6/ms. So why is Chucky still 4.4/ms? Why is Chucky the same speed as really powerful killers like Blight and Spirit? Someone help me understand.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • I wouldn't use Myers as an example. He's a terrible rework. I've always assumed it's because he's tiny and nobody can see him around high loops. I think that's fair tbh.

  • Chucky's size is a power in itself, not to mention being third person so he can check corners.

    I wonder if he would be too oppressive being 4.6 with the dash.

  • Chucky size I think warrants 4.4 but I do not like his design

  • Size, thing is why is huntress 4,4 m/s or slinger why their powers werent buffed more?

    Slower killers need strong powers yet huntress power is very mid at best worse than springtraps who has more utility in his kit and she would need more small buffs to her power, like slinger needs some too.

    Good exsamples of how 110 speed killers should look like are spifit, Netflix vecna and I would say now blight, good mentions are chucky and springtrap. Slinger needs some smsll buffs and huntress needs more buffs unless they add crosshair option which makes her more precise.

  • @dbd900bach said:

    Chucky's size is a power in itself, not to mention being third person so he can check corners.

    I wonder if he would be too oppressive being 4.6 with the dash.

    Depends. Its kinda like old Blight. The power is far stronger for getting a hit than normal M1 gameplay, but its M1 is good for some tricky loops. For Chucky its more the power cooldown than tricky loops. Maybe its more similar to Spirit. But she has a stronger power and can use it in short bursts to have less cooldown.

    It would also help with map traversal, but even an 115 killer like Nemesis struggles with that.

    So i think he wouldnt be that more oppressive for good players. But he is a noobstomper (stealth, hard to see) and kinda easy to play (atleast against normal survivor). So a buff could bring him closer to Kaneki territory.

  • @zonkednb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4078388#Comment_4078388

    I'm a Chucky enjoyer, and I feel a lot of his strenghs lie in gamesense over execution. He has checkspots like survivors do, sometimes called Chuckspots, allowing for easy mind-game wins but you have to know where those are. You're very reliant on macro because your traversal is so poor you really can't afford to spent time roaming around. Quick chases are enabled by superior map knowledge to know where to aim your charge. A grasp on all of this is essential to compete against good survivors. Against bad survivors, he gets free hits from them not seeing/hearing his approach, and can feel easy or even oppressive.

    Upping him to 4.6 might remove some of the need to be clever when using him, as you could brute force more hits on certain loops instead of having to be smart. I do agree that Chucky does feel undertuned against good survivors, but that wouldn't be the direction I'd want to go with it. I'd like to give him a little bit more power on his scamper. Right now it's stupid easy to counter, and chaining them for a super long dash is more for style points than it is for any practical usage, at least in my experience.


    Chuckspots 😂

  • Cap, ever since chucky got nerfed his turn lock crippled him, 4.6 would be fair for chucky, his undetectable isn't even fair to call undetectable because he laughs like a little weirdo and everyone knows you're there unlike ghost face who gets guaranteed downs. When I play chucky which I don't at all anymore all that happens is people run windows and run pallet to pallet and I'm forced to break each one because it's not like I can power through them my turn rate is complete and utter trash. This causes me to lose to so many games it's the literal reason I stopped playing chucky, the only people I can see actually have fun with chucky are the hackers who have wallhacks and subtle speed hacks either that or the people I'm constantly going up against when I'm chucky have subtle speed hacks it's honestly sad like everyone is using speed hacks and it's just ruining the game and it's obviously why BHVR is having such a hard time balancing the game. Fix the anti-cheat first and everything else will fall into place.

  • @GS117 said:

    Dead by Daylight has had a lot of changes over the years, but one of the nerfs that I still don’t understand is Chucky’s speed. With The Shape rework, we have a killer who can become undetectable and dash. We have several killers who can dash a lot further like Wesker. These killers are all 4.6/ms. So why is Chucky still 4.4/ms? Why is Chucky the same speed as really powerful killers like Blight and Spirit? Someone help me understand.

    It makes sense. His legs are too short to run at 4.6 🤣

    In all seriousness he is so short that it's very difficult to loop him on any high wall loops

  • He has the unique advantages of a permanent third person POV, and is the height of a toddler which makes him harder to spot around loops. What he lacks in movement speed he makes up for in being able to trick survivors in a unique way.

  • He's smaller than the blades of grass in this game.

  • For whatever reason apparently he deserves 4.4 because he's short that's the dumb reason we could remove his dash and people will say he still deserves to be 4.4 but slingshot ghoul gets to stay 4.6 just bad designs all around

  • @BongoBoys said:

    For whatever reason apparently he deserves 4.4 because he's short that's the dumb reason we could remove his dash and people will say he still deserves to be 4.4 but slingshot ghoul gets to stay 4.6 just bad designs all around

    it took them 6 years to change Blight's speed, they won't rush into doing the same for Kaneki just yet

  • Because he's small and hard to see. Has nothing to do with the dash.