One easy fix for trapper
I know trapper is on the list to get updated next after trickster, but I’m shocked BHVR have not done this one update to trapper it would literally fix all his problems without completely reworking him
Just give trapper a new ability where he can collect traps from a distance
Basically you know how with Freddy and hound-master that red arrow that pops up when targeting a Gen?
just make it so if you see a trap from a distance you press X(on ps5) to collect it and it goes into your inventory
It would go on a cooldown with the red bar like legion and spirit, I’d say a 30 second cooldown would work
Comments
I've always thought they should just have him collect traps from lockers.
Where is the info on Trapper being next for updates?
Mechanically it'd help, but it would kind of ruin his vibe. Doesn't strike me as telekinetic. Maybe they should kind of basekit the trapper bag and give him all his traps at the start but still allow him to pick them up.
I know it’s weird cause your like mental projection his traps into your bag/inventory from a distance
But remember it is a video game not everything needs to be realistic and plus this is the entity’s realm anything is possible
The reason I wouldn’t give him ALL his traps is cause it would just be unfun to go against, imagine him just trapping every loop in chase it would be so braindead
Vibe side of this game died long time ago since its fog and old (slow and tortuing but satisfying) animations dissappeared.
It maybe wont be that slow calculating evan boy but he wont be ddddd-tier of d-tier who is bad anymore (maybe if they rework him right).
Yeah I'm not fussed about realism in game. I just feel like it'd spoil trappers vibe. And yh but it would have counterplay. While he sets up a trap, surv uses the time to get distance and find another loop.
Doesn't immersion also play a big factor? I mean, it's a horror game, and actually, the HUD already diminishes immersion, so idk, just another reason.
It was in the Q&A last year BHVR did on a Live Stream.
Maybe something like where you can pick traps at a distance (ie areas where gens are completed) to rust over and expire, and then it kind of like restocks in a trap bag?
This wouldn't fix all his problems but it would be helpful.
However you could make almost all of his current addons basekit and it still wouldn't really make him good.
Maybe you could make it so you can remotely destroy traps (as killer ofc), and then recover them from lockers.
Dunno if it helps keep the vibe.
This isn't perfect but its a start. This will:
I really love all those ideas. I wanna play Trapper more but I find him so clunky. Basically every suggestion you've made addresses not only the weaknesses I've found, but also what makes him not fun to play.
The new ability though is hilarious. I can only imagine witnessing hyperspeed Trapper zoom past at 250% once fully ramped up.
That seems more in keeping with it i think
I think the new skill might a be a bit too strong. Trapper running to the traps with up to 10 m/s is insanely strong, (or useless if the survivors find the traps and do what survivors sometimes do, dispatch someone to follow poor 'ol Trappy to disarm all his Traps. making your ability swingy)
Why not instead have a rush ability only for traversing (e.g. blocking M1), which gets insanely fast if the trapper is moving towards a trapped survivor?
The thing I love about playing Trapper is how basic his power is. I do think just some minor tweaks would be good. I'd be bummed if they did a big rework that changed how he plays.
I like the idea of collecting distant traps with a cool down. Still gives him the slowdown of collecting all the traps but doesn't allow him to just trap up the first survivor downed easily. Maybe have option to also reset the furthest traps, also on cool down.
I want them to make traps blend in with the maps better since they've removed so much ground cover on certain maps and on others there's pretty much no ground cover at all. Also maps are brighter now making traps so much easier to see. Make it so survivors can't see traps unless they are near them, like how you don't see Wraiths cloak until he's a certain distance away.
I think if injured survivors step in traps they should get hit with deep wound. Also give Trapper haste when his traps have been disarmed.
Ok that sounds interesting hope they will finally do him justice! Been at the bottom 3 worst killers for years and years more or less.
Give him the ability to teleport to his traps.
😁
Why would it be too strong? A map is around 100 x 100 meters. If you build up speed to move at 10 m/s and it takes 10 seconds to remove yourself from the trap, that means that if you literally do it IMMEDIATELY then maybe you can almost reach the other side of the map. But in this case, you can probably cross about half the map.