Chucky Has Potential of Being in the Game
This isn't going to be a post about how he would work in the game, this is gonna be about how the devs have a better chance of having the rights to him. My reasoning for this is because of the new Childs Play movie coming out sometime this summer (Apparently). The devs could try to get the rights to him (As long as they have a plan for him) in a way to promote the movie, kind of like what they did with Michael. Having Chucky in DBD would be amazing from a promotional stand point, just as long as the devs actually give a damn about making him fun, balanced, and aesthetically pleasing to look at in game.
Dear @not_Queen and any Other Devs of DBD Who see this:
If you are pursuing the rights for Chucky to put him in the game, please, PLEASE make sure you have a plan for him that everyone will agree on. Respond more to player feedback for him in PTB, and don't give us the excuse of "Not all killers should be viable" We have 14 killers and only 2 are really viable at red ranks, I think it's well overdue for a new viable killer.
Comments
How is he going to carry & hook people?
Chucky is taller in the remake, he would be the size of pig crouching
Chucky has voodoo powers, they can literally do anything.
There's Chucky in this game.
XD I wasn't expecting that, but everyone is forgetting that he knows how to use voodoo. He can literally use it to toss them op on the hook.
The only voodoo Chucky has demonstrated in the movies is how to transfer his soul. I've never seen him use it to levitate people or objects. If he could he wouldn't have busted his ass chasing a child for several movies.
But that is the glory of "Voodoo for Dummies", there can be literally anything in that book.
I just read a really good idea for him on reddit. I don't know if we can post reddit links on here but here it is https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7nqs1z/killer_concept_the_doll_chucky/
good idea, although needs more Pumpkinhead...
Pumpkinhead is another really good idea.
"hook animation that doesn't involve him jumping like a toddler for the cookie on the counter." That visual is just absolutely amazing XD.
"Give the Dev's some creative credit." I 100% agree with this.
@Dwight_Fairfield why did it have to be feng?
I don't think they are the one who drew it.
Oh, but still, why did it have to be feng?
I'd have to guess that she wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight compared to, let's say, Nea.
Rude, feng is a proud woman and strong too-every feminist
Still tho, Nea will of course
Chucky doesn't fit. Just give us Pumpkinhead and leave movie killers out from now on.
I will take VG characters, however. Mr. X & Claire would be pretty cool ^_^
Better yet: hooks that start on the ground. Chucky spikes the survivor onto them, then reels them up like a flagpole!
damn u took this comment first lol
I didn't draw it, buddy. But here's a better question; why not have it be Feng?
Feng is a good grill, she did nothing wrong, should have been a claudette with ds and p3
Copy/pasted from another thread...
I actually have a pretty good Chucky design, perks and add-ons too (though I only have functions not names). Maybe I'll share it later today.
Yea no, all i have to say is no. If they add him great, but in the meantime. No.
Chucky could work.
They would have to change the hooks to some sort of chained up setup.
Wouldn't be too hard. You drag them... and then "chain" them up. And you "unchain" them as a survivor. Simple.
I would spend some serious money on chucky stuff if they could get cosmetics or whatever. Big fan of the movies.
It could work. At first thought it seems stupid and kinda silly to be honest. But once you think about it... it's great.
Someone made a art post about this a while back and it sounded great.
I'm never going to stop rooting for Springtrap as a killer and Clementine as a survivor.
But on the idea of Chucky, I would love to see a robot chucky too! Although I'd rather have the OG Chucky over the new one, just cause of it being the first and all.
I think as long as he is slightly taller than a crouched Pig he would be fine. Maybe part of his power is that he can see better somehow too.
OMG this needs to happen lol, im not sure how they could do it since he is so small but it would be fun/hilarious/cool lol. I can just imagine playing against him lol. And brad dourif should do the voice lol, if not then someone who sounds like him. But yeah I agree with the others that it may not work but it would be awesome tho. I would really like to see another license character tho, unfortunately it prolly wont be Jason Vorhees due to his own Friday the 13th Game which I think sucks balls and is boring as hell (its a shame really, i bought both games and figured I wouldnt like DBD and love F13 but it ended up being the other way around lol). Anyways but yeah this chucky thing needs to happen or at least charles lee ray as a human.
He can put people in chests.
They can literally just add a drag animation and have the hooks drop like a crane lowering to his level.
He could just drag survivors to the hook, grab them by the foot with both hands, and fling them over himself and onto the hook
Please, not Chucky, the movies were awful...
When did he say anything about Chucky? And if he DID say something I'm willing to bet it's more to do with licensing than gameplay.
Well that makes one of you
You never know, they do like surprising their fans