What joy do you people get from hook camping?
Seriously. Why bother camping a hook after you get a survivor? For one, while your dumbass is camping the hook, other survivors are (or should be) fixing generators and stuff. For 2, it takes away from the "survive" experience. By not giving survivors a chance to actually get free from the hooks, you're taking away the horror movie feel the game is SUPPOSED to have--getting caught, escaping, only to potentially get caught again; that is a horror movie staple. It's part of the FUN.
And by hook camping, you are taking away that fun. I don't see what the ######### possible gain the killer gets from hook camping. Are these guys just tryhards with nothing better to do than to swell their e-peens?
Comments
Well so far in my experience it is done literally all the time.
Someone wants to face camp me that's fine, I'll signal to my team mates to keep doing gens by dancing on the hook, they get out, killer de-ranks.
Secondly for the salt that people post in the end game and when they make posts on the forum belittling it, kinda like this one.
Personally i think its a boring tactic but each to there own, however they like to play within the rules is fair game.
It puts your salt overload on public display for everyone to enjoy rather than just the end screen chat.
It's not like I say anything in the in game chat. But when it happens 2 or 3 games in a row, it gets irritating, especially for a new player. THIS is the kind of thing that will chase new players away, take it FROM a new player.
They should punish remaining within a certain radius of the hooks, or somehow reward the killer for actually moving AWAY from the hook and doing what he is supposed to be doing--going after survivors.
I understand hook camping if other survivors are near, but when it is blatantly obvious that nobody else is around, just why?
Frustrating to die like that, tbh. This is one reason I loved Friday the 13th before they weren't allowed to make new content. Jason was ######### powerful as all hell, but there was no need to ever camp, no REASON to ever camp.
Because this community is filled with socially limited minds that enjoy ruining the fun of others. It is what it is, just keep moving on. You'll see those same kids cry and whine about gen-rush and SWF. Just sit back and watch the show.
Gotta get blood points, too, so end game camping, sure. No pleasure, but what, am Into just let you go?
Sometimes I camp because I can plop my killer in front of the hook and then proceed to drink my beer and finish my chalupa without the need to touch my keyboard and mouse.
Sorry...you might be a victim of convenience.
What am I supposed to do? Eat a cold chalupa?
End game is different--or if you KNOW someone is near. But I just finished a killer match and guess what? Killed 2 of them WITHOUT hook camping. AND had fun. We all did, because of the CHASE. I hooked someone, I took off to patrol generators. Only time I stayed near the hook was when I saw 3 people attempting to rush the hooked one--and even then, I didn't just sit there, I chased the survivors. Yeah, hooked girl got away, but I got her eventually. And the chase was a thrill. No doubt, the players much enjoyed it. I was complimented for being a fun killer.
See, what is the funnest part about slashers/horror games? It's not someone getting killed, it's the chase, the suspense, sometimes them getting caught (Texas Chainsaw Massacre style), getting away, only to potentially be caught again.
When people don't hook camp, this is captured VERY well and a lot of fun. When people just camp the hook until a player dies, it sucks that aspect out. It takes away the most fun part of taking part in a slasher/horror game! Gotta say, because I can control what I, the killer, does, I think I enjoy being killer more. Even getting just 1 or 2 kills seems to give a lot of BP too so--fun all around!
Is this another "We just want to have FUN" topics?
Survivors can and should rush the crap out of killers who camp fruitlessly. Yours sacrifice is what lets other players live (which is also, arguably, a pretty strong horror theme staple)
Some killers can patrol properly and still maintain map pressure. If they can't? The best way to punish them is by rushing the crap out of em so they wont do it in future games. If you're the one who drew the short straw, just wait you're ~2 minutes and then go join a new game,
Ah HELL no. I am NOT a rage quitting jackass. I will never do that, no matter how irritated I am. And no, it's a topic asking why someone would hook camp, taking away fun on BOTH sides.
This game never fails to:
People can be pretty crappy and pretty awesome. This game seems to bring out the best and the worst in humanity.
Maybe the killer scoring system needs a reversal, or reworking so that chasing, and hitting, not hooks and sacrifices are the most beneficial for points?
Killers with no chill are annoying. They can have zero chill, but all it does is send me to the next game faster.
The 2 minutes is referring to your time as a resident of the fine lodging establishment known as "The Hook."
The majority of times people camp, its either because:
A) the person who is hooked is too much of a threat
the other survivors are playing too altruistically (common with SWFs)
C) the survivors aren't applying any gen pressure
D) the killer is really bad and just wants to secure a kill.
A-C are legitiamte strategy, D is not. Its up to the survivors to identify and adapt to which reason the killer is using if they are legitimately camping.
That's me generally. I make an exception if it's an extremely altruistic team, to try and bait them.
End game, the survivor annoyed me/was toxic, as bait in specific scenarios, or if I happen to come back when they're close to death.
For example, I had a match just a bit ago where there was 3 survivors left (one on the hook), and 2 gens left (3 genned themselves, hooked person was near the 3 gens). I was chasing the two away from the gens, slowly gaining evil within (playing regular myers), and chased someone away from the hooked person right towards the very end of their struggle. I was already there, and they only had like, ten seconds left to struggle. So yeah, I camped those ten seconds. Easily secured kill.
See, THAT is understandable. You didn't just sit there for 2 minutes doing nothing and gaining one kill while the other survivors are potentially out doing things.
I have thus far been shocked at the randoms I've been put with, tbh. Most games, randoms suck to be teamed with, but it seems so far, the random survivors are actually pretty decent
Not even close, because looping involves constantly moving and one mistake, it's over. With camping, what can you do? ESPECIALLY if your team doesn't take that queue to go for gens? So no, it is not even remotely the same. Also, most killers have some way of countering "looping" anyway, usually with a special ability like the Huntress with her throwing axes.
There might be a few guys who like the salt from survivors but most killers simply camp for tactical reasons.
Also nowadays, you don't see a lot of survs anymore via BBQ. So the killer must assume that everyone is already close. Protip: Don't hide your auras when a teammate gets hooked. Most killers run BBQ and your auras are incentives for them to leave the hook.
Hook camping works because most survivors cannot accept the fact that not everyone can be saved.
Because it's fun to kill salty players like you.
Here's an answer to the original question:
Your death.

Perfect example of the toxic portion of the playerbase, thanks
There is no joy in camping the hook. It is just a thing that some people do to grief you. I'll camp you if your team has powered the gate and opened the door. If the door is closed i won't bother with the extra hassle of camping. Once that door opens. We're gonna wave bye to your friends together if need be. Though, usually I've got the kills I need to score well and if someone escapes its fine.
heh I just had the WORST game ever. Trying out nurse, and she is a lot of fun, buuut....Every survivor seemed stupidly well coordinated. Got a few hits in, but they literally got all the gens inside of a few minutes. One of them was even ######### with me by running out of the exit zone, juking, going back into the exit. ugh.
I can kinda see why there is actual hate between killers and survivors lol
Indeed, nothing says "tryhard" like standing still for two minutes doing nothing.
The joy is to kill you.
Every Killer likes to get rid of annoying Survivors and camping is the best way to secure that kill. It's very personal at that point, at least for me.
When I camp or tunnel you, you somehow triggered me.
How could I, a freakin noob to the game, POSSIBLY trigger a seasoned killer tho? I mean I get out of revenge for being a dick, but really?
Killers camp the hooks 'cause it's beneficial to do so. If survivors stopped feeding into it by going for unsafe saves (without BT) and swarming the hooks instead of doing gens, it would be less beneficial to do so, but you'll always get that one person greedy for points or that group who doesn't know what to do (gens) when someone is camped and swarms the hook instead, waiting for the save.
You have to realize Killers are players, too, and they're trying to get their points and their pips any way they deem fit. Not every Killer you come across will camp, but a lot will if they feel disadvantaged since a lot of people do feed into camping, especially in solo play where you can't say "they're camping, do gens."
Well, you don''t need to be good at the game to trigger Killers.
Teabagging / taunting, flashlights triggering or even just looping can sometimes lead to unpleasant reactions. Those things don't really require special skill.
For Leatherfaces, simply using a specific character can lead to camping because they want your face mask, especially Jakes and Dwights are often targeted for that reason.
Or maybe you've been a dick to them in a previous match and they remember you... :P
Nah. I never teabag, it's disrespectful as hell and I hate it when people do that ######### to me (LOOKIN AT YOU SIEGE!). And like I said, I'm new, so there's nobody to remember me for doing something lol. But if someone seriously takes offense at something so trivial, you have to wonder at their mindset, tbh.
As I said, there can be many reasons.
Some Killers also just like to camp, maybe they are bad at chases to the only hope to get a kill is by camping.
I can only recommend you to make sure not to be the first one to get hooked.
So it’s toxic is what you’re saying. That IS the exact purpose of t-bagging. And regarded as toxic for the same reason
I like watching the survivor hang on a meat hook in pain as mail them over and over again, it's very stress relieving
IKR, I'll play with a frusterating SWF group and I eventually decide to camp and tunnel them because of how annoying they decided to be, and I end up getting messages telling me how unfun I am and how I was playing unfair, hypocrites annoy me
So did pre-nerf mori matches.
MYC is such a fun perk
Not to mention how intense it can be
I'm fine with a killer camping me. Yes, I'll most likely die, but now they're losing by massively cutting their points and emblems.
Ok, so, to understand a little better: What kind of camping are you talking about? Face-camping, going around close to the hook or patrolling?
Their joy is more than likely to secure a kill immediately.
And this is just a theory, but i'm very certain that you already figured this and you're trying to find more meaning behind it or are trying to get them to stop.
Don't know all the DBD lingo yet
Ok, that's the worst innit? Knowing that it is face camping, so standing still looking at your face, I think that you are still at lower ranks, once you go up you will see always less of it, usually killers do it because they either don't know what else to do or your teammates are idiots and don't do any gens while you are on the hook anyway.
The other kind of camping is simply going around close to the hook, I usually do this when I think/know that someone is nearby, usually this is caused by BBQ & Chili not showing any or only one/two auras, making the killer think someone is close.
Patrolling is simply the killer going to see if the gens are getting done and then going back to the hook. To me this mostly happens when survivors have done the wrong gens and I have 3 really close together so I can quickly check and go back in case someone tries to save