Dead by Daylight Quality of Life Initiative: Updated Roadmap

We've heard your response to our recent communications, and we know that right now solid action is what's needed.

We wanted to shed some light on the next steps the Dead by Daylight team is taking to address the current state of the game.

Click here for a video breaking down our next steps.

DBD_QoL_Roadmap_Aug-Feb.png

Comments

  • @trn2la said:

    PSA…
    Killers do tunnel. no doubt. but before you go abusing a killer for tunneling, how much attention where you paying to other peoples hook status.

    I come acroiss many games where survivors dont seem to even notice they have a team mate on the hook. I see survivors going into the void, coming out of the void and starting a fresh generator all while a team mate is on the Hook. Sometimes, that survivor was hooked by me on their very first hook, and there they stay through all stages until sacrificed :/

    I also get accused from time to time of tunneling even though I didn't. I don't want to tunnel and I don't need to tunnel. I'm quite an experienced Killer Main (Huntress) 3300 hours. I certainly don't need or want to tunnel and yet I get accused of it every now and then.

    This suggests that some survivors failed to notice the fact there was another survivor hooked in between their last hook. I admit, I can come back to you after hooking a differnt survivor awfully fast, but none the less it's not tunneling.

    One other scenario where I suppose I do tunnel is where a survivor may have been the last one off of the hook, but I go to patrol a generator and the survivor does not run, they just continue working on the gernator as if now they have FULL IMMUNITY!!!! simply because they were the last one hooked. Under those circumstances I get annoyed and hook you anyway, because even though you are ignoring the killer, I will not ignore a survivor who is blatantly flouting any kind of ethical killing attitude (jesus that sounds like an oxymoron) I might be inclined to try to follow.

    Another circumstance where I might tunnel you is if you were the last survivor to come off of a hook, but to save your team mate from being the next, you flash light stun me. I drop the survivor I was holding and come after you and successful down and hook you. im sorry but too bad. You do not have blanket immunity from the killer simply because you came last off of a hook. this is a ridiculous abuse of these un-written rules.

    To try to make actualy hard limits by way of the developers implementing punishment's for the killer if they do tunnel under these kinds of circumstances will ultimately destroy the game.

    We have to be careful not to give survivors immunity from being hooked simply because, and for no other reason that the fact they were the last person to be hooked. there has to be some caveats.

    I am all for some implantation of measures to slow blatant and reckless Tunneling, camping and Multi-slugging & Long time Slugging.

    But even with slugging, too many surviors cause their own slug fest and even though the killer picks them all up, then blame the killer for slugging. this is ridiculous logic if looked at reasonably. case and point: where groups of survivors seemingly crowd the kiler and stay near the killer as he/she downs the surviors. The survivors should be running/hiding, not acting like they have some kind of invisible forcefield around them in the form of an un-written "Thou shall not slug" rule set.

    All's I am saying is can we all be reasonable when thinking about what is or is not appropriate in game, or are we all just trying to get things bent to our satisfaction for winning? Because if that's your goal you are going to destroy the game and then get bored with it.

    "I also get accused from time to time of tunneling even though I didn't. I don't want to tunnel and I don't need to tunnel. I'm quite an experienced Killer Main (Huntress) 3300 hours. I certainly don't need or want to tunnel and yet I get accused of it every now and then."

    "Need to" is why people are asking for a QOL update. I think the goal is not to punish anyone, it's to address a sticky habit that discourages normal gameplay behavior.

  • I think they've done a pretty good job so far!

    at doing the bare minimum for nothing

  • i dont know why this is still pinned, end of the year and all we got was some small qol.

    you know that shouldnt take 9 months to implement right?.

  • @Philscooper said:

    i dont know why this is still pinned, end of the year and all we got was some small qol.

    you know that shouldnt take 9 months to implement right?.

    I mean, the initiative isn't over yet?

    It carries on into February.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4038950#Comment_4038950

    I mean, the initiative isn't over yet?

    It carries on into February.

    I don't think 2 months is gonna change much when 9 months already has been lackluster

  • @Kupega said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4038957#Comment_4038957

    I don't think 2 months is gonna change much when 9 months already has been lackluster

    I was responding to why the roadmap is still pinned. It's pinned because it isn't finished yet.

  • How long is this joke suppose to last? It's getting old.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4038950#Comment_4038950

    I mean, the initiative isn't over yet?

    It carries on into February.

    the majority of the things that were promised didnt get delivered
    the game is still buggy and the anti-changes that was promised to us 9 months ago, are scrapped.

    frankly, the perk loadout being on the hud, will not change the nerfs we already recieve this year (if the killer mains wont complain about that to oblivious and also get that shut down too)

    the stuff onward to feburary, i dont care about and frankly shouldnt need the operation health to begin with.
    at most, maybe mmr changes, but i doubt they wont screw it up further.

    i mean, every new content or rework, is : overtuned, boring or underbuffed to the extremes.
    and i havent even mentioned the events and survivor content that has left me questioning why i bothered being a survivor main in the first place.

  • @Philscooper said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4038957#Comment_4038957

    the majority of the things that were promised didnt get delivered
    the game is still buggy and the anti-changes that was promised to us 9 months ago, are scrapped.

    frankly, the perk loadout being on the hud, will not change the nerfs we already recieve this year (if the killer mains wont complain about that to oblivious and also get that shut down too)

    the stuff onward to feburary, i dont care about and frankly shouldnt need the operation health to begin with.
    at most, maybe mmr changes, but i doubt they wont screw it up further.

    i mean, every new content or rework, is : overtuned, boring or underbuffed to the extremes.
    and i havent even mentioned the events and survivor content that has left me questioning why i bothered being a survivor main in the first place.

    I was answering why the thread is still pinned, specifically.

    It's for a roadmap that hasn't finished yet, so it's still pinned until the roadmap finishes.

  • Can we go back to separating console players from PC players?

  • I just got a message after my first game of the night. I elected to drop my controller after being face camped by the knight and his guard. My hearty teammates ran to the hook like children chasing a summertime ice cream truck. Yes, as much as I was on the edge of my seat wondering where all this was going, I grabbed a phone call and walked away from the television.

    The basic idea of the message I got from bhvr was that penalties were coming for being "inactive". Make up my mind for me as to what the root of the problem is?

    An appalling lack of tolerance wasn't my first wish.

  • @JPLongstreet Steam is a free website also that anyone can look at.

1 2 3 4 ›