Did Milestones get nerfed?

I have played about 15 games since the update yesterday and I have barely gotten passed Tier 1 milestones for both killer and survivor. I remember when Orela came out, the first couple tiers flew by and it felt great to feel like I was progressing pretty fast.
However, it feels like they've made them grindier? I suppose they felt the first iteration was too easy to finish? Also I noticed that instead of giving an extra 10+ Rift Fragments for each tier, so it started with 10 at tier 1 and 100 at tier 10. Now it seems to be locked at a solid 25 rift fragments per milestone? At least tier 1 and 2 seems to be the same, except tier 2 grants 20k bloodpoints instead of 10k.

Anyone further ahead who can tell if the rift fragment rewards get bigger? If not, then that's a huge nerf for the milestones.

Comments

  • IMG_6110.jpeg

    they increased these quest by a lot…I just hit step 3 on hooking…150/300? Phew!

  • @flatlandgorilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3974705#Comment_3974705

    An educated guess would be 2,750. I need to unlock to step 3 on milestones to verify all the formulas, but here is what I have so far:

    Step

    Description

    Formula

    1

    Damage 25 Generator(s).

    running total + (step * 25)?

    2

    Damage 75 Generator(s).

    3

    Damage 150 Generator(s).

    4

    Damage 250 Generator(s).

    5

    Damage 375 Generator(s).

    6

    Damage 525 Generator(s).

    7

    Damage 700 Generator(s).

    8

    Damage 900 Generator(s).

    9

    Damage 1125 Generator(s).

    10

    Damage 1375 Generator(s).

    1

    Complete 10 Trial(s).

    running total + (step * 10)?

    2

    Complete 30 Trial(s).

    3

    Complete 60 Trial(s).

    4

    Complete 100 Trial(s).

    5

    Complete 150 Trial(s).

    6

    Complete 210 Trial(s).

    7

    Complete 280 Trial(s).

    8

    Complete 360 Trial(s).

    9

    Complete 450 Trial(s).

    10

    Complete 550 Trial(s).

    1

    Escape 2 Trial(s).

    running total + (step * 2)?

    2

    Escape 6 Trial(s).

    3

    Escape 12 Trial(s).

    4

    Escape 20 Trial(s).

    5

    Escape 30 Trial(s).

    6

    Escape 42 Trial(s).

    7

    Escape 56 Trial(s).

    8

    Escape 72 Trial(s).

    9

    Escape 90 Trial(s).

    10

    Escape 110 Trial(s).

    1

    Heal a total of 10 Health State(s).

    running total + (step * 10)?

    2

    Heal a total of 30 Health State(s).

    3

    Heal a total of 60 Health State(s).

    4

    Heal a total of 100 Health State(s).

    5

    Heal a total of 150 Health State(s).

    6

    Heal a total of 210 Health State(s).

    7

    Heal a total of 280 Health State(s).

    8

    Heal a total of 360 Health State(s).

    9

    Heal a total of 450 Health State(s).

    10

    Heal a total of 550 Health State(s).

    1

    Hook 50 Survivor(s).

    running total + (step * 50)?

    2

    Hook 150 Survivor(s).

    3

    Hook 300 Survivor(s).

    4

    Hook 500 Survivor(s).

    5

    Hook 750 Survivor(s).

    6

    Hook 1050 Survivor(s).

    7

    Hook 1400 Survivor(s).

    8

    Hook 1800 Survivor(s).

    9

    Hook 2250 Survivor(s).

    10

    Hook 2750 Survivor(s).

    1

    Sacrifice or kill 10 Survivor(s).

    running total + (step * 10)?

    2

    Sacrifice or kill 30 Survivor(s).

    3

    Sacrifice or kill 60 Survivor(s).

    4

    Sacrifice or kill 100 Survivor(s).

    5

    Sacrifice or kill 150 Survivor(s).

    6

    Sacrifice or kill 210 Survivor(s).

    7

    Sacrifice or kill 280 Survivor(s).

    8

    Sacrifice or kill 360 Survivor(s).

    9

    Sacrifice or kill 450 Survivor(s).

    10

    Sacrifice or kill 550 Survivor(s).

    1

    Repair a total of 10 Generator(s).

    running total + (step * 10)?

    2

    Repair a total of 30 Generator(s).

    3

    Repair a total of 60 Generator(s).

    4

    Repair a total of 100 Generator(s).

    5

    Repair a total of 150 Generator(s).

    6

    Repair a total of 210 Generator(s).

    7

    Repair a total of 280 Generator(s).

    8

    Repair a total of 360 Generator(s).

    9

    Repair a total of 450 Generator(s).

    10

    Repair a total of 550 Generator(s).

    I sincerely hope this proves to be wrong, but I fear the worst.

  • @SpringMyTrap said:

    yes, they nerfed them roughly by 55%

    people complained really hard about the new system being predatory and BHVR didnt fail to prove them wrong by making it twice as bad

    I wondered what happened. I started playing 6 days before the last Rift completed and managed to knock it out in that time. Zero chance of that happening with the current state.

  • @Duncan_Ellis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3973249#Comment_3973249

    I wondered what happened. I started playing 6 days before the last Rift completed and managed to knock it out in that time. Zero chance of that happening with the current state.

    It's cranking up FOMO to exploit their players more. Simple as that.

  • @MarbleThrone said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3975395#Comment_3975395

    I sincerely hope this proves to be wrong, but I fear the worst.

    I hope they adjust the numbers….over 2000 hooks is crazy.

  • It has done the completely opposite for me. I don't feel like its worth to grind such big numbers, for so littke rewards. So I haven't even played DbD since the day I made this thread. :/

    Forgot to Quote the post but it was a response to @Caiman

  • @Nazzzak said:

    I've been thinking some more on it, and I will say that perhaps this change is to keep those who play day in and day out happy. Which is fine. But they need to also ensure that the fragment rewards are high enough that those who can only play minimally because of work, family, and social commitments, can still comfortably complete the Rift. I personally dont care if I complete the Milestones, but if I'm paying for the premium Rift then I want to know i can still progress playing casually. That's always been the case in the past. So i'll see how I go by the end of it.

    Exactly. I didn't complete all the milestone quests completed but I was able to get the rift done. While it's nice to get the extra BP, I'm fine with this.

    Just wonder why they have been so silent on this topic. You'd think if everyone is worried for no valid reason they would be in here setting the record straight.

  • @PleaseRewind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3975416#Comment_3975416

    Exactly. I didn't complete all the milestone quests completed but I was able to get the rift done. While it's nice to get the extra BP, I'm fine with this.

    Just wonder why they have been so silent on this topic. You'd think if everyone is worried for no valid reason they would be in here setting the record straight.

    I still think the milestone numbers are too high, I have no problem with them being a lot little more difficult than the previous ones. I just think they went a little too high..how do you go from hook 275 survivors to Hook 2750 Survivor. They shouldn’t just cater to one player base. I can’t play day in and day out, but I would still like to complete them. That’s just my opinion. Hopefully they say something on this matter. There is a lot going on with the game right now. 🤷

  • They really need to tone down the milestones, it's ridiculous.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    It has done the completely opposite for me. I don't feel like its worth to grind such big numbers, for so littke rewards. So I haven't even played DbD since the day I made this thread. :/

    Forgot to Quote the post but it was a response to @Caiman

    The only thing in the Rift that I want is the community design Unknown outfit, the detective one.

    Everything else in the Rift is just lame. Even the recolors of existing cosmetics. Who thought gluing bones on everyone was a good idea?

  • @Caiman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3976739#Comment_3976739

    The only thing in the Rift that I want is the community design Unknown outfit, the detective one.

    Everything else in the Rift is just lame. Even the recolors of existing cosmetics. Who thought gluing bones on everyone was a good idea?

    Yeah, I agree. It's probably the least hype rift in a long time. Personally I am not a big fan of "everyone has the same theme" thing. I liked when the rift gave everyone outfits that showed off some of their lore.

    @ThanksForDaily said:

    They really need to tone down the milestones, it's ridiculous.

    I played killer for about 2 hours yesterday and I didn't even get to complete part 3 of the hook survivor ones. It really feels awfully slow

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977168#Comment_3977168

    Yeah, I agree. It's probably the least hype rift in a long time. Personally I am not a big fan of "everyone has the same theme" thing. I liked when the rift gave everyone outfits that showed off some of their lore.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977103#Comment_3977103

    I played killer for about 2 hours yesterday and I didn't even get to complete part 3 of the hook survivor ones. It really feels awfully slow

    For me it's not even worth the grind. The numbers are overwhelming to complete the milestones unless you play the game all day.

  • I know you all are busy putting out fires elsewhere, but come on, devs. Why so silent on this topic?

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977518#Comment_3977518

    For me it's not even worth the grind. The numbers are overwhelming to complete the milestones unless you play the game all day.

    facts….it feels unachievable.

  • Why did they increased it? It was good in previous rift. Imo they should have just futher decreased the numbers instead of increasing it massively.

  • @flatlandgorilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3974705#Comment_3974705

    An educated guess would be 2,750. I need to unlock to step 3 on milestones to verify all the formulas, but here is what I have so far:

    Step

    Description

    Formula

    1

    Damage 25 Generator(s).

    running total + (step * 25)?

    2

    Damage 75 Generator(s).

    3

    Damage 150 Generator(s).

    4

    Damage 250 Generator(s).

    5

    Damage 375 Generator(s).

    6

    Damage 525 Generator(s).

    7

    Damage 700 Generator(s).

    8

    Damage 900 Generator(s).

    9

    Damage 1125 Generator(s).

    10

    Damage 1375 Generator(s).

    1

    Complete 10 Trial(s).

    running total + (step * 10)?

    2

    Complete 30 Trial(s).

    3

    Complete 60 Trial(s).

    4

    Complete 100 Trial(s).

    5

    Complete 150 Trial(s).

    6

    Complete 210 Trial(s).

    7

    Complete 280 Trial(s).

    8

    Complete 360 Trial(s).

    9

    Complete 450 Trial(s).

    10

    Complete 550 Trial(s).

    1

    Escape 2 Trial(s).

    running total + (step * 2)?

    2

    Escape 6 Trial(s).

    3

    Escape 12 Trial(s).

    4

    Escape 20 Trial(s).

    5

    Escape 30 Trial(s).

    6

    Escape 42 Trial(s).

    7

    Escape 56 Trial(s).

    8

    Escape 72 Trial(s).

    9

    Escape 90 Trial(s).

    10

    Escape 110 Trial(s).

    1

    Heal a total of 10 Health State(s).

    running total + (step * 10)?

    2

    Heal a total of 30 Health State(s).

    3

    Heal a total of 60 Health State(s).

    4

    Heal a total of 100 Health State(s).

    5

    Heal a total of 150 Health State(s).

    6

    Heal a total of 210 Health State(s).

    7

    Heal a total of 280 Health State(s).

    8

    Heal a total of 360 Health State(s).

    9

    Heal a total of 450 Health State(s).

    10

    Heal a total of 550 Health State(s).

    1

    Hook 50 Survivor(s).

    running total + (step * 50)?

    2

    Hook 150 Survivor(s).

    3

    Hook 300 Survivor(s).

    4

    Hook 500 Survivor(s).

    5

    Hook 750 Survivor(s).

    6

    Hook 1050 Survivor(s).

    7

    Hook 1400 Survivor(s).

    8

    Hook 1800 Survivor(s).

    9

    Hook 2250 Survivor(s).

    10

    Hook 2750 Survivor(s).

    1

    Sacrifice or kill 10 Survivor(s).

    running total + (step * 10)?

    2

    Sacrifice or kill 30 Survivor(s).

    3

    Sacrifice or kill 60 Survivor(s).

    4

    Sacrifice or kill 100 Survivor(s).

    5

    Sacrifice or kill 150 Survivor(s).

    6

    Sacrifice or kill 210 Survivor(s).

    7

    Sacrifice or kill 280 Survivor(s).

    8

    Sacrifice or kill 360 Survivor(s).

    9

    Sacrifice or kill 450 Survivor(s).

    10

    Sacrifice or kill 550 Survivor(s).

    1

    Repair a total of 10 Generator(s).

    running total + (step * 10)?

    2

    Repair a total of 30 Generator(s).

    3

    Repair a total of 60 Generator(s).

    4

    Repair a total of 100 Generator(s).

    5

    Repair a total of 150 Generator(s).

    6

    Repair a total of 210 Generator(s).

    7

    Repair a total of 280 Generator(s).

    8

    Repair a total of 360 Generator(s).

    9

    Repair a total of 450 Generator(s).

    10

    Repair a total of 550 Generator(s).

    You are making some wild assumptions about the formula. Maybe should of waited for the 3rd tier to grasp the pattern before posting. A more reasonable reading would be a fixed incremental increase.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3975395#Comment_3975395

    You are making some wild assumptions about the formula. Maybe should of waited for the 3rd tier to grasp the pattern before posting. A more reasonable reading would be a fixed incremental increase.

    Are they subject to change? Of course they are, hence my use of the phrase "educated guess". They are certainly not "wild assumptions," even if they are not fully discovered yet. The formulas are based on and very similar to the previous Rift. If anyone wants to share the "Hook" and "Sacrifice" level 3 or any higher levels to confirm formulas, that would be great. As far as the other five I have at level 3, the new formulas still hold accurate.

  • @SkeletonDance said:

    Why did they increased it? It was good in previous rift. Imo they should have just futher decreased the numbers instead of increasing it massively.

    I heard some players last Rift say it was too easy to grind and they finished it in a couple of weeks. I assume they increase the grind to please them.. or they wanted to increase the grind to get players to play more.

    Sadly, this thread has been on the front page for a couple days now and devs have completely ignored it, so I doubt we'll hear anything from them.

  • @flatlandgorilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977653#Comment_3977653

    Are they subject to change? Of course they are, hence my use of the phrase "educated guess". They are certainly not "wild assumptions," even if they are not fully discovered yet. The formulas are based on and very similar to the previous Rift. If anyone wants to share the "Hook" and "Sacrifice" level 3 or any higher levels to confirm formulas, that would be great. As far as the other five I have at level 3, the new formulas still hold accurate.

    So far you are correct. I am step 4 of damage gens, which is 250. Step 3 of Hook Survivors is 300 and step 3 of Sacrifice is 60. Played many hours and barely feel like I'm progressing. :/
    Idk about the survivor challenges, since I haven't played many survivor games.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978173#Comment_3978173

    So far you are correct. I am step 4 of damage gens, which is 250. Step 3 of Hook Survivors is 300 and step 3 of Sacrifice is 60. Played many hours and barely feel like I'm progressing. :/
    Idk about the survivor challenges, since I haven't played many survivor games.

    Thank you for your feedback!

  • I remember the first time they made the change and we started advancing rapidly, noticed in the Rift, I told my partner (who already quit dbd btw): This is too good to be true. They're probably doing it this way the first time so we'll be happy; the next time they'll slow things down and we'll suffer. And sadly, that seems to have been the case lol.

  • @etisatis said:

    No wonder why the killers are so menacing nowadays. I would get pissed too if I was asked to do 5k hooks.

    Imagine having the challenge "escape 12 times" in a game where tunneling and camping are normal and you have to play soloq 🤣 Tbh, I've deliberately let teammates die to escape; there's no other way to achieve something like that in soloq when you are the only one repairing and your teammates are walking with a flashlight behind a chase (and they can't even blind and save). The worst challenges before were the "escape with a key through the hatch". Who creates such tedious challenges, thinking they'll be fun or that you can even escape in soloq? 💀

  • I don’t mind an increase in comparison to the previous milestone quest, But these new numbers are tad much. I don’t want easy but doable at least.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977649#Comment_3977649

    I heard some players last Rift say it was too easy to grind and they finished it in a couple of weeks. I assume they increase the grind to please them.. or they wanted to increase the grind to get players to play more.

    Sadly, this thread has been on the front page for a couple days now and devs have completely ignored it, so I doubt we'll hear anything from them.

    We force them to killswitch streetwise, we can also ask them to reduce the numbers on milestone quests

  • @SkeletonDance said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978176#Comment_3978176

    We force them to killswitch streetwise, we can also ask them to reduce the numbers on milestone quests

    Let’s do it!

  • @flatlandgorilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977653#Comment_3977653

    Are they subject to change? Of course they are, hence my use of the phrase "educated guess". They are certainly not "wild assumptions," even if they are not fully discovered yet. The formulas are based on and very similar to the previous Rift. If anyone wants to share the "Hook" and "Sacrifice" level 3 or any higher levels to confirm formulas, that would be great. As far as the other five I have at level 3, the new formulas still hold accurate.

    The previous rift went increased using fixed numbers. Yes, it is wild assumptions look at your numbers.

    Damage 25 Generator(s).

    Damage 75 Generator(s). +50

    Damage 150 Generator(s). +75

    Damage 250 Generator(s). +100

    Damage 375 Generator(s). +125

    Damage 525 Generator(s). +150

    Damage 700 Generator(s). +175

    This is outrageously wrong.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978173#Comment_3978173

    The previous rift went increased using fixed numbers. Yes, it is wild assumptions look at your numbers.

    Damage 25 Generator(s).

    Damage 75 Generator(s). +50

    Damage 150 Generator(s). +75

    Damage 250 Generator(s). +100

    Damage 375 Generator(s). +125

    Damage 525 Generator(s). +150

    Damage 700 Generator(s). +175

    This is outrageously wrong.

    You literally just posted the same figures as me except you only listed that milestone up to step 7 instead of 10.
    Each increment is a multiple of 25 and whether intentional or not, corresponds to the step.

    At this point, I'll assume you are just trying to be a contrarian with the salty judgment, especially since i said (twice now) that it was an educated guess and I'm not going to be dogmatic about it since it's a reveal-in-progress.

    The bottom line is the topic of this thread…milestones getting nerfed and I shared some of my experience for those to embrace or disregard as they choose.

  • @MarbleThrone said:

    We should keep bumping this thread to the top until we get some official confirmation.

    They'll say its intended, just like reduced bloodpoints, won't elaborate further, and then hope we all move on.

  • @flatlandgorilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978239#Comment_3978239

    You literally just posted the same figures as me except you only listed that milestone up to step 7 instead of 10.
    Each increment is a multiple of 25 and whether intentional or not, corresponds to the step.

    At this point, I'll assume you are just trying to be a contrarian with the salty judgment, especially since i said (twice now) that it was an educated guess and I'm not going to be dogmatic about it since it's a reveal-in-progress.

    The bottom line is the topic of this thread…milestones getting nerfed and I shared some of my experience for those to embrace or disregard as they choose.

    The point was to show your data and give the difference between each level.

    Damage 150 Generator(s). +75

    Going by your graph at level 10 a killer would have to kick an additional 250 gens on top what they already done. This is so out of pocket. Do you really believe this would be the actual requirement?

    Repair a total of 550 Generator(s).

    This alone should of said the formula was incorrect.

    For reference, last quest lvl 10:

    275 breaking gens

    100 trials

    55 escape

    110 heals

    275 hooks

    165 surv kills

    165 gen repairs

  • I know there was no mention of it in the patch notes, but any changes on milestones quest in the latest patch? I have been leaving comments on twitter but they have yet to respond.

  • good grief the grind. I work 40+ hours a week and solo player as well. Completed last quests those numbers were obtainable. No clue what dbd is thinking. I hate to be negative but this legit has been my first complaint (playing since 2018) and I hope the goes back to the old numbers. It sadly feels like the beginning of the end. Can I pls have back the old tomes. 4 pages and complete. If it’s not broke don’t fix it and here lately they been doing just that. If I run across one more street wise exploit I’m going to scream. How they also do not see that’s an issue idk. Pls dbd listen to your players.

  • @flatlandgorilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978239#Comment_3978239

    You literally just posted the same figures as me except you only listed that milestone up to step 7 instead of 10.
    Each increment is a multiple of 25 and whether intentional or not, corresponds to the step.

    At this point, I'll assume you are just trying to be a contrarian with the salty judgment, especially since i said (twice now) that it was an educated guess and I'm not going to be dogmatic about it since it's a reveal-in-progress.

    The bottom line is the topic of this thread…milestones getting nerfed and I shared some of my experience for those to embrace or disregard as they choose.

    As absurd as it is, what you have is tracking. This is some bs.

  • @Kev19915 said:

    I know there was no mention of it in the patch notes, but any changes on milestones quest in the latest patch? I have been leaving comments on twitter but they have yet to respond.

    Nope! No changes. But I'm not surprised with how much the devs have been ignoring this thread. They've made it very clear they don't respect their players time. :)

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978827#Comment_3978827

    Nope! No changes. But I'm not surprised with how much the devs have been ignoring this thread. They've made it very clear they don't respect their players time. :)

    yeah I noticed, I really don’t understand how they think this is ok…

  • IMG_6155.jpeg

    Level 4 is 500 hooks and, level 10 is 2750 for sure. Crazy

  • @Kev19915 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z8DIW6MQ2I46/img-6155.jpeg

    Level 4 is 500 hooks and, level 10 is 2750 for sure. Crazy

    Yeah I'm not even gonna try finish that haha maths isnt my strong point but my calculator says that if you get the 12 hooks every game, that's 230 games. And I'm certainly not getting 12 hooks every single game. I am interested to see how far i get by the end of it though.

  • I bet they made this change because """the data""" showed people were finished with the milestones in like a week or two ish.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3979770#Comment_3979770

    Yeah I'm not even gonna try finish that haha maths isnt my strong point but my calculator says that if you get the 12 hooks every game, that's 230 games. And I'm certainly not getting 12 hooks every single game. I am interested to see how far i get by the end of it though.

    they need to adjust the numbers….like that amount of grind is the total opposite of “valuing our players time” the new quest system was a step forward and this this feels like a step back. 🤷

  • Just a note: for 2750 hooks you need around 43 hooks daily when rift lasts for 65 days (if I remember correctly).

    It's not doable for me, even if I play an hour of killer daily.

  • @Kev19915 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z8DIW6MQ2I46/img-6155.jpeg

    Level 4 is 500 hooks and, level 10 is 2750 for sure. Crazy

    This is insane. Do they think that we're playing dbd 12 hours per day?

  • Still no word from the devs on this. Bah!

  • All of this is ridiculous, especially the usual radio silence from the mods/devs.

  • nope nothing, and I have been even trying to reach out to them on twitter. Sigh..

  • Tbh they increased the milestones for all the players who do nothing but play DbD all day long and blitzed through them before, and shifted alot of the rift progress towards the dailies probably for engagement.

    1 level a day from the dailies right now would put me at rift level 89 just off the dailies alone by the time the rift ends, not factoring in any milestones i do or any events. 11 extra levels over the remaining rift duration when we know we'll get more from other things isn't that much tbh. It's just more spread out over the duration of the rift now for more casual players rather than front loaded.

  • @Shinkiro said:

    Tbh they increased the milestones for all the players who do nothing but play DbD all day long and blitzed through them before, and shifted alot of the rift progress towards the dailies probably for engagement.

    1 level a day from the dailies right now would put me at rift level 89 just off the dailies alone by the time the rift ends, not factoring in any milestones i do or any events. 11 extra levels over the remaining rift duration when we know we'll get more from other things isn't that much tbh. It's just more spread out over the duration of the rift now for more casual players rather than front loaded.

    yeah that was probably the thinking behind it, but they can find a middle ground, so that casual players can do it also. The numbers are way too high in my opinion.

  • @Kev19915 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3979990#Comment_3979990

    yeah that was probably the thinking behind it, but they can find a middle ground, so that casual players can do it also. The numbers are way too high in my opinion.

    Depends what you define as casual, someone who literally barely plays the game?

    Dailies from the start give you like 70% of the rift, lets say that takes 1-2 games a day. You can easily get the 10 extra levels just from natural milestone progression doing those games a day so you should get the base rift done simply playing the bare minimum through the rift duration with the deep rift being extra rewards.

    This isnt even counting bonus fragments or event rewards giving them (which there always are). Ultimately people need to actually play the game to get rewards, and the team want you playing the game more too.

  • @Shinkiro said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3980040#Comment_3980040

    Depends what you define as casual, someone who literally barely plays the game?

    Dailies from the start give you like 70% of the rift, lets say that takes 1-2 games a day. You can easily get the 10 extra levels just from natural milestone progression doing those games a day so you should get the base rift done simply playing the bare minimum through the rift duration with the deep rift being extra rewards.

    This isnt even counting bonus fragments or event rewards giving them (which there always are). Ultimately people need to actually play the game to get rewards, and the team want you playing the game more too.

    I understand that completely, I mean completing the rift has never been a problem for me. it isn’t so much completing the rift but that the numbers in the milestone quest. The requirements at level 10 for hooking is over 2000. That is the problem for me. The numbers are too high. As I said before I have no problem with an increase but I think they went a little high. ✌️

  • @Shinkiro said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3980040#Comment_3980040

    Depends what you define as casual, someone who literally barely plays the game?

    Dailies from the start give you like 70% of the rift, lets say that takes 1-2 games a day. You can easily get the 10 extra levels just from natural milestone progression doing those games a day so you should get the base rift done simply playing the bare minimum through the rift duration with the deep rift being extra rewards.

    This isnt even counting bonus fragments or event rewards giving them (which there always are). Ultimately people need to actually play the game to get rewards, and the team want you playing the game more too.

    Requiring constant every-single-day engagement is exploitative design. I played DbD plenty enough already, but demanding I play every day like it's a job is repulsive and only pushes me away from the game. "Just play the game every day for the next three months" is not reasonable or respectful.

  • @Kev19915 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z8DIW6MQ2I46/img-6155.jpeg

    Level 4 is 500 hooks and, level 10 is 2750 for sure. Crazy

    25 fragments for one, really?

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3979770#Comment_3979770

    Yeah I'm not even gonna try finish that haha maths isnt my strong point but my calculator says that if you get the 12 hooks every game, that's 230 games. And I'm certainly not getting 12 hooks every single game. I am interested to see how far i get by the end of it though.

    in 2v8 counts? if your killer teammate hooks others?

1 2 3 4 5