Still no Jason Voorhees?
Imma be honest I thought he would have ended up in DBD eventually. Do the owners just really don't wanna add him to DBD or is there something in ip limbo going on?
Imma be honest I thought he would have ended up in DBD eventually. Do the owners just really don't wanna add him to DBD or is there something in ip limbo going on?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The rights to Jason were inaccessible cause of ongoing lawsuits. If we get Jason, it won't be for a year at least.
There's a lot of corporate stuff going on in the Jason Universe. There has even been (albeit feint) whispers of a F13 remaster that has been getting people wondering if Jason is coming back…Lot of tinfoil hat stuff, so browse with a skeptical eye.
I believe the legal issues have been resolved. There was a release from the "Jason Universe" of a new image of Jason. The Crystal Lake series on Peacock is moving forward, and they said they will be brining Jason to various mediums, including gaming. So perhaps more good news is on the horizon.
additionally, talks/negotiations and then design/concept phases etc couldnt really only start once the legal issues wäre resolved, so it was just not possible yet
Core said in a recent Interview that next years anniversary would be ‚massive‘ - and license-wise, with Alien and Fnaf being added already I would argue that F13th is THE one that would be warranted to be called massive.. but then again vorhing confirmed and it might be massive in a completely different sense
Would be interesting to see what they could do with him power wise. On paper... he's about as generic as it gets as "man with machete", but... who knows what they can cook up.
I'd really like to see him as a true brute of a killer with an ability to destroy things like vault locations or something
Even if we do get him in the game bhvr would probably be forced to use the jason universe redesign which frankly has an awful looking mask
About 75% chance that Jason Voorhees will be added before mid‑2027!
...claims ChatGPT 😀
https://chatgpt.com/share/684a2157-ed1c-8008-bd1b-16f8801585ea
What do you think about what the AI said? I find it a bit weird that it referenced March 2025 from a legacy speculative article, when March 2025 is clearly in the past.
License for Jason is a legal mess. But if they can eventually get the license I imagine he will come to the game fast. I'm just guessing here but I bet Behavior has had him designed for a while. Just waiting on the day they get the license
Is Jason Voorhees is hard to require at the moment we did hear a little from a interview with Matt there is hope but sadly we will have to wait a little more until they can work out a deal with the owners of Jason I do believe we will get him.
I think it’s fair to assume that the moment the license holders are willing to lend out Jason, BHVR will be on it asap.
I believe he was most recently featured in the now dead MultiVersus fighting game (a Warner Bros Smash Bros clone), so I imagine that means his IP is free to be licensed again. Personally, I think we will see a version of Jason within the next 3 years.
I'm interested to see what they do with him though, especially since Trapper is basically a bargain bin Jason and already in the game. Maybe they will take inspiration from the more supernatural direction of the later movies.
I keep holding onto the belief no one can stay allergic to money forever... right? 🥺
Surely everyone pockets have gotta be getting little light after having nothing since 2008?
He'll be the 10th anniversary killer. Screencap this.
Tbh the statement Mcote made this time felt very similar to the last time they spoke on F13, and it kinda doesn't feel like what he says is accurate? Jason Universe is working, there is no one else suddenly jumping in and claiming they own the franchise.
Honestly, it sounded off in a way that makes me think Jason is in the pipeline and they can't say it. The 10th anniversary has gotta be massive and I can't imagine who else would top the most requested licence in FNAF aside from Mr horror himself Jason Voorhees.
bet
Cant wait for a new b/c tier killer. Unless they give him teleportation
He will end up as a Trapper skin like Frank Stone 💀
One can only hope but since I've been hearing the claim "He'll be the next anniversary chapter" for a while now, I've stopped holding my breath.
Halloween Horror Nights just announced a "Jason Universe" haunted house. They must have had the deal for some time and just announced it today (Friday the 13th). I think it's promising that we will get Jason in DBD soon.
nah no way, dbd actually respects licenses so they would never do that
It's always been a license issue. The holder before the current owners wanted their own game to compete with DBD.