I don't think Go Next prevention will work
I'll get straight to the point. The Go Next prevention measure isn't going to work for several reasons.
First you have to know that most of the people who do Go Next are NOT playing to generate Blood Points. In fact, they don't care about BPs; what matters for them is winning the match (many even have the mentality of simply wanting to humiliate the killer, they don't even care about help the teammates).
This leads me to the conclusion that these people will constantly use lucky offerings to be able to use Go Next. What does this mean? They'll still have opportunities to reach phase two on hook.
What will happen if they're not allowed to reach phase two and the other teammates unhook them? The same thing that's already happening when we prevent them from doing Go Next: Survivors will go AFK or sabotage their team.
In other words, they'll blow up engines, they'll throw pallets that the killer will break, they'll be running after the killer so they can hang them again. Of course, the killer isn't to blame for this happening and will take the opportunity to get rid of a survivor, but then the game will be doomed from the start; it will be unplayable.
As a soloQ player, I've had plenty of matches where one or two players just don't want to play anymore, and no amount of human power can force them to. Obviously, for killers, these are easy matches, and they'll get rid of them if they want to. But as a soloQ survivor, I have to say that when you get five matches in a row like that, it's frustrating, annoying, and it makes you quit and go play anything else.
This is something that ALREADY HAPPENS. And I don't see how the measure they want to take will make the games any different. SoloQ is already hell... and honestly, this isn't going to help improve it.
And what will happen? You won't be able to report a survivor for attempting to Go next if the survivor has a lucky offering because their play will be justified by saying they had said offering.
And if I report it, how am I going to prove that, even if they have the perk or the offering, they performed a GO Next? Will I have to record each of my matches to submit a ticket?
So far, I've reported Go Nexts from several teammates many times and have NEVER received feedback about it. I think it's going to be more complicated to report the unsportsmanlike behavior this time.
I say this because if people are carrying a Lucky Offering and the Slippery Meat perk and are reported for attempting a Go Next when they actually wanted to use their perk, what will happen? Nothing, because their attempt is justified? So... what will happen if they're carrying this but actually intended a Go Next, but it can't be taken into account because they're carrying that combination? Do you understand what I mean? In those scenarios, what will be the key to determining who deserves a penalty and who doesn't?
Comments
I worry that such mechanisms will turn the game from a game into a duty. 😁
You say "power fantasy" like it's a bad thing, and not how every single video game works.
I'm (mostly) a survivor main, and I'll be the first to call out what I consider to be the killer-sided nature of DBD, but even I think you're overreacting…
Lmfao
It's crazy how some of y'all are just walking skill issues. What an L
“Go next” will not work as expected. I'm betting on it. The problem is the ratio
number of generators to be repaired to number of remaining survivors to number of remaining opportunities not to end up on the hook.
Someone who keeps an eye on this ratio during the game knows that it can very quickly tip over to the point where the chances of winning as a survivor have simply fallen to the bottomless pit.
The them vs us mentality is strong with this one
The go next prevention will likely be updated and changed on the go (like each ptb) if things start getting bad or the system osnt working. I gues its so far jist going to be an extra incentive to keep trying, if u don't mind losing ticks again then i guess there isnt anything to stop them from leaving, maybe the dc penalties piling up might slow it down. Either way itl all prevent atleast some of the go next situations, not all of them.
Indeed.
Yes but how do you know the person blowing the gen isn’t just bad at the game and missing skillchecks? We are about to have a huge influx of new players in this game and if blowing skillchecks and throwing pallets is considered against the rules then all these new players are gonna be hit with unfair DC penalties. I can’t tell you how many times I ran around the map throwing pallets as a new player because anytime I was in the killers terror radius I thought I was being chased. I also had bad internet and constantly played on 100-120 ping so I blew a lot of skill checks.
I don’t see how this works without penalizing new players or players with bad connections.
There’s a difference between throwing a few pallets and running around the map when there is no killer chasing you with WOO or without that perk throwing every pallet that exist to man. I know very well that’s not a new person.
I get new people miss skill checks, but every single skill check? They don’t hit a single one? I have a friend that literally just started yesterday for the first time ever and only missed a few skill checks, granted I died for it 😂😅 but still.
There’s a huge difference is my point. It’s very obvious when someone is trolling. For all we know the system could be designed to be more lenient on “New Accounts” I think we are gonna have to wait till it releases to see what it’s detecting and what it’s not.
If you have a bad connection I mean, that’s on you. If your ping on average is sitting 100+ that’s an issue for an online game.
I think the proposed go next prevention system is incredibly harsh, especially for a game that I don't consider to be competitive. The fact that players go next to avoid the already very harsh DC penalty system has been completely ignored by the devs, since they've made the DC penalty even harsher than it previously was. Going next on first hook at 5 gens and DCing to leave a bot behind are not equivalent behaviours, but the new system treats them as if they are. That makes no sense to me.
I'll see what they've got planned for the anti-tunnel / anti-slug / anti-camping and MMR improvements (in other words, things that might actually reduce player frustration and the urge to go next). But the all stick and no carrot approach ain't it.
I just want to make sure they compensate for legitimate reasons to bypass the "Go next" system. There has been so many games saved by 4% off hook, saved the other survivors and continue the game. With this system, its game over if everyone is first hooked or everyone is slugged and 1 on hook type situations. No come backs, no hero moments, etc. Just dead…
It would be so easy, I think. It's about power in the game, who can oppress whom best. The problem is that this has nothing to do with the genre of the game. Horror is something else (When the huntress in the moose costume is suddenly after me, that's horror.). I had already suggested at the beginning of the game that there should be ways to defuse situations that are perceived as unpleasant, especially Moris. This doesn't mean that a killer player shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the animation, but rather that a survivor shouldn't have to. I often get the impression that for many, killing a bot via mori makes a difference to killing a character controlled by a player. I find this development worrying, as well as the fact that people are jaded enough to enjoy this open display of violence or that they don't care.
In the game Deathgarden, the violence was not depicted quite so clearly. It was more bearable.
It is a very complicated matter.
Is the system perfect? No, not even close, and it might require further changes at some point. But the thing is… something had to be done. The sheer amount of games ruined because of early hook suicides in recent times was extremely unhealthy for the game.
Now, ideally the problem could be fixed by addressing the reasons why players decide to suicide on hook and abandon the match. This is an opinion that has been said many times. But what hasn't been said is how this is almost impossible to do.
Because there isn't one factor in particular causing people to abandon their games, outside of, maybe, playing against Ghoul. A survivor choosing to suicide on hook at five gens could be anything: maybe they didn't like the killer, or the map, or their build isn't working, and the list goes on. Same goes for killers that abandon their games, of course, the only difference is that they can't bypass the penalty.
And some of these things, like a survivor / killer player who doesn't like the map they got, has no fix. Addressing the reasons why people choose to leave before the match is over relies on the "why", but it is something that changes heavily from player to player, so how do you solve this matter?
Removing the very option to bypass the penalty and leave.
@GeneralV
OK
Agreed! And they can choose to implement effective or efficient solutions.
Effective = doing the right things.
Efficient = doing things right
You don't have to try to fix all the reasons. However, the most important ones should be addressed.
I see it differently. I think many people drop out because one main reason triggers them. What comes on top of that is secondary.
His music is annoying.
Possible, but I wouldn't get lost in the details here.
Agreed.
Definitely not as suggested:
The biggest problem seems to me to be the glorification of violence. This has nothing to do with horror. I have noticed for some time that the developers have lowered the hurdles a little more in this direction. I'm talking specifically about the ability to kill your opponent with your own hand. Forcing people into this situation is not what I call a solution.
Let's just wait and see. Maybe I'm wrong. I just know that the matchmaking bonus is very very often on the survivor side and rarely on the killer side.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I really appreciate it.
No problem friend! Thanks for the reply.
In my honest opinion the devs should not install anti tunnel or go next because I really think you can't fix it. Either side will not be happy how anyone plays this game I accept this when I go into a match.