Agree or Disagree?
I rather play the Hallowed Blight event lol
I rather play the Hallowed Blight event lol
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
In that event, survivors just got the flowers and DIDNT DO GENS! JUST DIED ON PURPOSE TO GET MORE FLOWERS! In this event, YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO DO THE EVENT. Just DO THE GENS and get points?? So how is this event worse?? You just play regular...and get extra cosmetics... if you want, you get to glow and get extra progression to the cosmetics..by doing what you should be trying to do anyway: escaping. As killer, you get points for doing what you should be doing anyway...hooking people...and if you want, you can also smash some things...in my opinion, this is the best event I've experienced. In the summer event, you had to complete specific generators, which were checked more often, which sucked. In this event, it encourages proper gameplay and allows dedicated players to complete an extra objective that doesn't take away from normal gameplay except for the few seconds it takes to grab a lantern or smash a lantern
yes
If you had an empty vial you could get over 12k-ish blood points from just the flowers though, it was a HEAVY incentive, not to mention there were double the amount of skins in that event. The quality of those skins were also significantly better. To which, i kind of understand because its Halloween time and there needs to be crazy bonuses in a game like this around Halloween time, so im not too critical about the Moonrise event. Its a small event, and i understand this. We are still spoiled from the Hallowed Blight event and 2x BP / Giftboxes event from Winter Solstice.
You make good points, however I just don't feel the same as you do.
I am a solo Q, so perhaps this event wouldn't be so bad if I was in SWF. I currently feel like this is a greedy, cruel, 1v1v1v1v1 game right now. I know this is intended, but it feels like in a way where I feel really forced against everyone.
I want points, so of course I'm gonna do things like Smash the lanterns or be greedy and don't even bother saving anyone just focusing on escaping but like..
I want other people to get the cosmetics and earn them too. Destroying their main source just feels meh to me.
I want other people to get the laturns and get their outfits because the event is also kinda really grindy
Just not my taste. The atmosphere feels extremely forced upon. It was a cool attempt tho?
I agree with these points. There is only one offering per P3 l50 bloodweb so you barely ever get the extra BP, when for Halloween you could use an offering almost every match. And the special giftboxes were pretty awesome for the solstice. I also don't particularly think the skins are that great. However, I was so happy to hear that they finally formulated an event that promotes good gameplay! So event mechanic-wise I'm excited about the event! Rewards-wise...just glad for some free skins for just playing the game I would be playing regardless
Running solo survivor, I wholeheartedly agree. Hallowed Blight may have been warm garbage, but Moonrise is a flaming dumpster fire.
I dont consider "Coward around endgame/1 generator left because I have a vessel, so I dont lose it", "I will save them from the hook as soon as possible so the Killer cant get that one vessel" or "Screw that guy, his vessel is mine now" promoting good gameplay though. Its promoting all the issues the game has in terms of balance because of generator completion times and heavily rewarding scummy playstyles.
Point system in this event is better. You can get every cosmetic by grinding.
Bloodpoints and offering distribution was better in Hallowed blight event.
All in all, as a solo survivor, I think hallowed blight was better than this.
Some people might think those things, but most people know that it's much easier to survive when your teammates are alive! More teammates alive is always better, so if survivors are doing those things, it probably means they always do dumb ######### like that and probably don't survive all that much. The event doesn't eliminate stupid people but no event ever will!
Agreed, at least I could get a lot of points
There is a difference my dear in bloodpoints.
My impression is more focused on the aspect of play, scoring points is just an afterthought when compared to what I need to do on order to achieve them. Bp is completely dependent on performance, so having poorly implemented objectives hurts far more than the lack of bonus points.
I agree with this.
Only thing i disliked about Hallowed Blight was the lop sided incentives creating an agonizingly long killer queue time and the fact that once you got all the vials as survivor you could no longer participate in the event and earn bonus bloodpoints. Additional bonus BP was contingent on survivors needing more vials whereas with killer even if you maxed out your vials you could still get bonus points by using the cancerous hooks.
While this event isnt great, hallowed bligth definitely was worse
Best things? Can earn all the cosmetics and the menu music.
Agreed not a fan of Hallowed Blight but earned more Bloodpoints and the cosmetics were better. Since the cosmetics are not exclusive and can be bought who cares anyway really?
Halloween Event gameplay was worse. Halloween Event rewards and point distribution was better.
Would rather go back to Summer BBQ / 2018 LNY event structure. (Do Event Gens / Event Hooks for points)
Hallowed Blight had cosmetics for the Wraith, so yeah, i guess i would rather.
yea this event is ######### awesome. i like 5-7min games. this event just put gen rush to another level. there's no helping among survivors there's just gen rush and bye. And not to mention how shafted killers got. it's impossible to get 45 points as a killer but as a survivor mostly 2 or 3 survivors get 45 points almoust every game. I would say i'm surprised how they ######### killers but i'm really not cuz it's in BHVR's dna to ######### the killers. They need to buff killers points or there will be like 7 killers playing this stupid event.
Hallowed blight was more fun both for survivors and killers
And Hallowed Blight's skins were much better
This event is fine. Stop crying.
Agree. Very much so. Even the skins were so much better.
Just play like normal and you will finish the event. Why people think its a grind when they don't have all cosmetics in the first 2 days is beyond me.