i'm personally fine with giga buffing all killers across the board and nerfing survivors tools across the board and if survivors complain telling them to kick sand because killer is the power role but we all know that won't happen
I have great news for you: they've already spent 3 years doing exactly that. They even put out stats saying they're hitting those 60% kill rate targets overall, SWF is escaping at roughly the same as solo q overall, and that this has been done intentionally and specifically, not for balance, but because they want killers to be more powerful.
It's just that nothing is ever enough for some of the most entitled people in this community, and those people always want more killer buffs and survivor nerfs, no matter what the facts and data say.
you mean those vague kill stats where they don't really tell you anything? whether this killer got high kill rates from a go next 1 hook or 3 hooks
also doesn't nurse underperform with kill stats consistently? we could buff nurse if you want
you mean those vague kill stats where they don't really tell you anything? whether this killer got high kill rates from a go next 1 hook or 3 hooks
also doesn't nurse underperform with kill stats consistently? we could buff nurse if you want
I mean there's objectively a few good reasons as to why she underperforms
She's a free character meaning a lot of new players will try her/play her and not understand how to best utilize her power.
Her power takes practice and a good amount of muscle memory/knowledge of survivor movements.
As time's went on, average survivors don't immediately fold vs an average nurse and stand a decent chance if they don't give up.
Also in mmr '1,800 and above' stats from Jan to March this year, Nurse was #4 in the top 5 deadliest killers. The top 3 being a tie between Freddy (Recently reworked), Twins (Always been strong just jank) and Blight (Blight).
I mean there's objectively a few good reasons as to why she underperforms
She's a free character meaning a lot of new players will try her/play her and not understand how to best utilize her power.
Her power takes practice and a good amount of muscle memory/knowledge of survivor movements.
As time's went on, average survivors don't immediately fold vs an average nurse and stand a decent chance if they don't give up.
Also in mmr '1,800 and above' stats from Jan to March this year, Nurse was #4 in the top 5 deadliest killers. The top 3 being a tie between Freddy (Recently reworked), Twins (Always been strong just jank) and Blight (Blight).
i wasn't giving context to it since he was using the bhvr infallible kill stats and treating it like gospel that explains everything but i haven't checked the stats since they were posted so i'll update it and just put whatever top tier that's not there and say they need buffs
Even if survs aren't hiding and are just standing in the gate, why should I have to run over there and watch them teabag just so I can end the game faster?
i'm personally fine with giga buffing all killers across the board and nerfing survivors tools across the board and if survivors complain telling them to kick sand because killer is the power role but we all know that won't happen
I have great news for you: they've already spent 3 years doing exactly that. They even put out stats saying they're hitting those 60% kill rate targets overall, SWF is escaping at roughly the same as solo q overall, and that this has been done intentionally and specifically, not for balance, but because they want killers to be more powerful.
It's just that nothing is ever enough for some of the most entitled people in this community, and those people always want more killer buffs and survivor nerfs, no matter what the facts and data say.
SWF escaping at an 8% higher rate than solo queue over millions of trials is definitely equal!
Even if survs aren't hiding and are just standing in the gate, why should I have to run over there and watch them teabag just so I can end the game faster?
But the second you W+S a survivor - cancelled on Twitter. Only survivors are allowed to humiliate and ego on a killer. BHVR justifies it at every turn. Can't take away the precious survivor mains narcissistic ego.
Let’s be real here. The actual reason why survivors don’t want the killer to have an abandon button, is because survivors want to taunt the killer.
I’ve seen so many complaints that the kill rate is “too high”, and killers shouldn’t sweat for an extra kill….. but this is the one scenario where the killers really should try for an additional kill? I don’t believe it.
Let’s be real here. The actual reason why survivors don’t want the killer to have an abandon button, is because survivors want to taunt the killer.
I've said in my posts that this feature should exist, it might need some conditions. I'm a survivor main.
You originally were trying to argue about survivors hiding in the map. That is factually a very different situation as I pointed out. You're now trying to change your argument to presumptions about people's emotional reasons.
Let’s be real here. The actual reason why survivors don’t want the killer to have an abandon button, is because survivors want to taunt the killer.
I've said in my posts that this feature should exist, it might need some conditions. I'm a survivor main.
You originally were trying to argue about survivors hiding in the map. That is factually a very different situation as I pointed out. You're now trying to change your argument to presumptions about people's emotional reasons.
I'm saying the actual reason why survivors don't want killers to have an abandon button, is because they want to taunt the killer.
I'm also saying people are making a strawman argument, that the killer can quickly just force the survivors out of the exit gates.
Really don't see why people are against this?? I'm sure OP is aware that even if the exit gates are powered, they still have the potential to get kills, however if a killer has already had a rough match, and feels as though they're just going to be delaying an inevitable loss, then why shouldn't they be able to just get the match out of the way?
I'm sure everyone here already knows that a decent part of the community feels the need to rub every little mistake that other players make in their face, both killers and survivors, and I don't see why EITHER side should have to suffer through that really. Again, killers can obviously force survivors out of the exit gates but at the end of the day, the match result would still be the same if they abandoned.
When survivors are downed, they have no other option besides crawling around/bleeding out via the timer.
When survivors power the gates & wait, killers can push them out. Some have brought up the whole 'well they can hide around the map and wait for the last few seconds of EGC' - you're right, they can. But you're talking about the 1-5% of teams, most people are queing up by themselves or with 1-2 friends & they do not do this. Acting like this is the norm is just straight up, a lie.
Honestly, this just sounds like something sore losers get behind. As soon as the match is lost (at least to them), they want to quit b/c they don't want to face the survivors at the gates.
Whether they be 'toxic' or not. They just want the option to abandon when they lose (gates are powered) & their ego gets hurt.
It makes sense on one side. It makes 0 sense on the other for the situation you propose. Completely disagree as someone who 50/50s both roles nowadays. This is primarily a tool for sore losers.
It's not a straw man? If I clearly lost I should be able to leave like how survivors are able to when 4 man slugged. It doesn't feel good to get slugged and doesnt feel good to be tbagged at gates. Both are scenarios you can really do not a lot about.
Not to mention that slugging before hooking might be your only option if they're decent and coordinated unless you enjoy getting pallet stunned all the time upon pickup. Teabagging offers no gameplay advantage, just humiliation attempts.
the difference in this case, is that survivors can do nothing about the being in dying state, however the killer can do a lot to force survivors out of the match.
Then the question is why killers MUST work for their loss, only to stop survivors from wasting killer's time, when survivors can just instantly abandon the game with zero consideration?
It's as if "but survivors can slug around hoping to get a hatch", when gate is powered survivors can simply hide for 110 seconds straight and leave from the gate anyway without any risk at all, why killers must search for them when you guys already claimed hiding for excessive amount of time is bannable because it's impossible to find them from killer perspective, and even introduced abandon feature to prevent it from happening?
It's like survivors staying on ground for 240 seconds aren't good and should be avoided, but you guys somehow thinks killers wandering around in hopes for finding hiding survivors (which is impossible anyway) for 120 second is somehow healthy for the game, complete double standards
A change like this would just set a precedent of being able to leave when something is not in your favour and you want to give up.
Thats essentially what this change is, you not wanting to play once the exit gates are powered.
Eventually people will then ask to abandon because there is 1 gen left, or 2, or 1 hook for several minutes etc…
Exit gates powered =/= the game is over.
If you dont like tbagging in an unfavorable scenario, apply that to the entire match, and emotionally grow.
The abandon feature on survivor was changed due to gameplay stalling issues not emotional problems.
The discussion has long switched to the "after the EGC starts" notion. But well, if I know I'm not using no way out or don't have anything else to turn the game in my favor, that's essentially a defeat and a waste of time. It's up to me to evaluate if I can actually do anything about the situation or not.
If a survivor Shift + w to a corner of the map, no pallets, no windows, no nothing, and lets say you are a trapper, do you know how long it takes to 2 hit that survivor and down them and hook them? Lets do some math shall we?
Some quick facts:
Lets assume the survivor is super slow, and doesn't realize the killer is near them until they are 16 meters away. Then they shift + w to a corner
Killer moves at 4.6 m/s
Survivor moves at 4.0 m/s, and 6.0 m/s after hit that lasts 1.8 seconds
Killer needs to be 3.61 meters away from a survivor running away for a lunge to connect.
So lets look at it:
Survivor starts running at 16 meters shift + w
Killer takes 20.65 seconds to catch up to the survivor to land the first hit
Survivor takes off at high speed and the killer can start moving again when the survivor has gained 14.4 meters of distance
Killer takes 17.98 seconds to catch up to the survivor to land the second hit and down the survivor
Survivor is downed in a corner of the map
Killer wipes the blade, 2.7 seconds
Killer picks up the survivor, 3 seconds
Killer walks to a hook about 19 meters away (on average), 5.16 seconds
Killer hooks the survivor 1.5 seconds
Now STOP, how long has this taken now that the first hook has happened? Lets add it up:
20.65 + 17.98 + 2.7 + 3 + 5.16 + 1.5 = 50.99 seconds. Lets just called it 51 shall we?
51 seconds and that is assuming the survivor doesn't use pallets, doesn't use windows. What about if they say, idk, predrop a god pallet, like shack, one time in the chase. How long does that add?
Well, from one side of a pallet to the other is a little less than a full lunge distance. I'd say its probably about 5 meters ( a full lunge is 6.21 meters). Survivor drops it, and starts running from 4 meters away. Killer breaks it, and it takes 2.34 seconds. This is enough time for the survivor to get 14.36 meters away. How long does it take the killer to catch up? 17.91 seconds, lets round up and say 18 to make it easier
So predropping just 1 single god pallet at shack, adds at minimum 18 seconds to that chase. Bringinging it to 69 seconds, from 51 seconds.
So now you know where the "predrop 2 god pallets lose 3 gens" comes from. Because quite literally, you can completely no skill just predrop 2 god pallets that by definition MUST be broken because they are not mindgameable, and shift + w to a corner of the map, and you will last long enough for the other 3 survivors to do 3 gens.
The devs have stated before at one point that the game is designed in such a way that the average chase should last around 45 seconds. So this isn't too far off from that.
Now i know what you are going to say next. Probably something like "well that's if your temmates do gens" and YOU ARE RIGHT. That is the point, at high MMR? Your teammates WILL do gens, and this is a typical game you get when you play one of the lower tier killers like trapper, and wraith, and pig, and doctor, and demogorgon and so on.
I think when people talk about stuff like this they tend to forget that maps are not strict built to be a straight line. A lot of maps wind and turn in various different ways and there are borders that exist within the map to limit how much a Survivor can inherently do something like this. Because of this, youll eventually reach the position where a Survivor has to turn, they have to take an alternative path, which creates room for cutting offs, shortcuts, or unique pathing to catch Survivor off guard.
Not every single chase is going to be the same amount of time, sometimes it might be longer because you make a mistake as Killer, or sometimes it is shorter because the Survivor makes a mistake or they get outplayed. People are people, and people are humans, humans make mistakes all the time, but either side can capitalize on those mistakes to great effect.
Finally, not every map has multiple God Pallets that Survivors can just throw over the drop of a feather. Maps vary, and some maps are better than others. The difference in a maps like The Game and Haddonfield really show since The Game is full of multiple God Pallets while Haddonfield is bone dry with resources and loops to begin with.
Technically speaking, your math is probably correct (Im not going to argue against the math itself), but it does not consider the nuances of DBD, which is why I dislike it when people use math in regards to chase time instead of providing more tangible data (e.g. average chase times from their own gameplay, data and statistics from community averages, etc.).
These people don't care about precedent or how unhealthy for the game it is.
You hit it on the nail, this is a thread for sore losers to band behind.
Just tell me they don't care about game health. All these people care about is their own ego.
I haven't seen anyone calling a person who just want a surrender feature "sore loser", plenty of people would feel quite opposite, and oftentimes those who go against it (surrender feature) would be called sore winner
The survivors had the system implemented because the game was stalled. There was no control for several minutes on a dead match.
A killer still has full control over their character, and has the ability to still get kills.
You dont know whos at the exit gates and whos still in the match, you can and will get plenty of kills.
Being able to move doesn't mean the match is not over. Don't get me started on "plenty" of kills with a max count of 4 lol.
There have been matches in my experience where killers knocked down 4 survivors only to let them up (dropping one until they're on their feet) and do gens and probably farm a bit. You're no psychic and can't tell what's going on in the killer's head, so does that mean the introduction of the surrender option is unjustified? Not really. So why do you appeal to "you don't know who's in the gate, go waste your time to check it out and potentially watch them teabag you" as the reason for not adding an abandon option for killers? I fight til the end, and am highly unlikely to use the option, but I'd appreciate having the option to do so. What I don't appreciate is double standards. Survivors think the match is done? Sure, leave with no penalty. The killer thinks the match is done? Let them walk around the map cuz they can.
Being able to move doesn't mean the match is not over. Don't get me started on "plenty" of kills with a max count of 4 lol.
There have been matches in my experience where killers knocked down 4 survivors only to let them up (dropping one until they're on their feet) and do gens and probably farm a bit. You're no psychic and can't tell what's going on in the killer's head, so does that mean the introduction of the surrender option is unjustified? Not really. So why do you appeal to "you don't know who's in the gate, go waste your time to check it out and potentially watch them teabag you" as the reason for not adding an abandon option for killers? I fight til the end, and am highly unlikely to use the option, but I'd appreciate having the option to do so. What I don't appreciate is double standards. Survivors think the match is done? Sure, leave with no penalty. The killer thinks the match is done? Let them walk around the map cuz they can.
Okay this answer is just saying
"I dont want to play that part of the game because its unfavorable and someone might be t-bagging me"
The match is still alive. You have the ability to get kills. If you want an abandon feature to circumvent this part of the game, you dont want to play the full game at that point and are just asking to skip parts you deem unplayable and a waste of time, even though we have data telling you otherwise.
You have full agency still as killer, power and all, but you just dont want to play the part where the exit gates are powered because you might have someone tbag you. Thats emotion and ego being the problem; not the game.
The abandon feature was not added when everyone was slugged/hooked because emotion and ego was a problem, the game was being stalled for no reason, survivors had no agency. Ignoring this fact and to attempt a comparison, is troublesome in conversation.
Hopefully as the dev/community manager answered; they see through this false equivalency and destructive "skipping parts I dont like because I cant handle a control button" and never even consider this change.
If people are this bothered by t-bagging; they need to look a bit inward and stop playing video games. As a killer I am never bothered by this, if anything its hilarious to watch. Especially bunny fengs, or just fengs in general.
Okay this answer is just saying
"I dont want to play that part of the game because its unfavorable and someone might be t-bagging me"
The match is still alive. You have the ability to get kills. If you want an abandon feature to circumvent this part of the game, you dont want to play the full game at that point and are just asking to skip parts you deem unplayable and a waste of time, even though we have data telling you otherwise.
You have full agency still as killer, power and all, but you just dont want to play the part where the exit gates are powered because you might have someone tbag you. Thats emotion and ego being the problem; not the game.
The abandon feature was not added when everyone was slugged/hooked because emotion and ego was a problem, the game was being stalled for no reason, survivors had no agency. Ignoring this fact and to attempt a comparison, is troublesome in conversation.
Hopefully as the dev/community manager answered; they see through this false equivalency and destructive "skipping parts I dont like because I cant handle a control button" and never even consider this change.
You're putting your words in my mouth here lol. I'm talking about you paraphrasing me. Not sure if this distortion is intentional, but I guess it is.
Say, I'm a trapper and I'm in an infavorable chase far away from exit gates. I'm a naughty bear main, so any "arguments" against my killer choice in this example are going to be disregarded. Anyways, I'm in that chase for whatever reason: I'm too new to realize I should've dropped the chase long ago, there were no other survivors in sight, or whatever else really. The exit gates have been powered, all the significant traps disarmed. The chase takes another minute. Assuming the best-case scenario kill-wise, this player is dead on hook, I catch them and kill them, no other survivor is in sight. Be honest now. Do you really think I'm dumb enough to assume everyone else is not ready to leave at this point, with them perhaps waiting for the final hook so that they don't get blood warden-ed? I don't get into these situations often, if at all, but once again, like I said in a previous post: if I want to have the option to abandon the match, it doesn't mean I'm going to ever use it. I want to be presented with a choice as well.
It's not about teabagging in this topic.It's about wasting my time.
As for teabagging itself, or "pressing the ctrl button", as you conveniently put it, it's about the intent behind doing so. Why don't you grow up and watch a killer hump you or leave you slugged? It's emotion and ego problem, not the game lul. It's ironic how you try to call someone not liking the intent of survivors trying to rub it in and/or prolong the match for no reason an ego problem while the initial game stalling/not leaving and teabagging are rooted in immaturity.
Because the game isn't over yet. This is the huge disconnect and one of the biggest things in end game for the killer.
It's entirely possible to still get chases, hooks, even kills after the gens are completed. And that's the phase of the game that were talking about.
There are entire perks and builds dedicated to this concept, and at least one perk and build that completely relies on not just exit gates being powered, but open and the timer at least partially ticked down (blood warden).
The biggest difference here is that killers are the power role, and have tools to injure survivors and encourage or force them to behave differently. A survivor who works on a gen in the killer's face or stands in the exit gate after opening can be forced to stop doing that, base kit, by every killer. And the penalty for them continuing to do so is being injured, then downed, and potentially hooked, especially if they (or their team) makes a mistake in the process. Some killer's kits excel at this, as well as builds: people generally will not lurk around a slinger, tombstone Myers, or instadown (although there are absolutely clips of that also, and essentially free end-game kills).
I'll also point out that these tools do not exist the other way, survivors cannot force the killer to stop tunneling one person, or stop camping, or stop humping a slug for 4 minutes. There's no base kit "the killer can be forced into a state where they physically cannot do [that thing] anymore" for survivors. They can't force the killer to do anything, and at best they can make light suggestions with body blocks or perks (usually spending health states and potential gen time in the process) that the killer should maybe, please consider doing something else since this might be a barely less efficient use of time for them now.
End game, and specifically EGC is an opportunity for the killer, and a FAFO moment. You can try to bait someone out of the exit gate, you can injure, down, or possibly even instadown someone. It boggles my mind that we've gotten to a point that people think "gens are the objective" to such a degree that this equates to "gens are done, there's nothing else you can do, the game is over".
And even if you want to play the "I don't want to go see potential teabags" card: ok, you don't have to do that either. That's where the agency part of this comes into play. You can, absolutely, choose not to engage. But the match isn't over until everyone is out the gate or dead. This is an entire phase of the game that the killer has available to specifically lure survivors into overconfidence, and making last minute mistakes, that can absolutely still cost them the entire match.
I'm genuinely sorry that most people on these forums don't seem to see it that way, because that is a PvP element and mind game that people seem to just not understand in 2025 DbD for some reason.
For some of the weakest Killers in the game, the round essentially ends the second Survivors have done so well that they decide they want to sit in the gates and make you hit them out. I am not going to waste my times with going to the gates and shoving them out while they wait one pxiel away from the border so I will specifically hit them outand can't get them even if I manage a down. I would rather forfeit gracefully and move on unless I'm running endgame perks. For me, the round is over with the gate opening. Most of the Killers I play DON'T HAVE stuff to catch Survs in the endgame unless I run something like No Way Out. What are you expecting a Dredge to do at the end? What are you expecting Trapper to do at the end?
It isn't my job to enforce Survivors ending the game and moving on, it's everyone's job to move on for the sake of sportsmanship. I don't understand why some people seem to believe that Survivor side is exempt from this rule while Killer side can be screeched at for anything and everything even when they did nothing wrong to anyone in the round. I know this isn't the truth, but it does feel that way when we say Survivors should be able to escape griefing, but Killers have to "just take it" when it happens to them.
I'm sorry, but I refuse to force Survivors out of the gates because it just gives bad actors attention they want. I refuse to give anyone the satisfaction of rubbing it in when I lose. The last time I tried to "just hit them out", I was Sadako, and had a WHOLE TEAM come in to humiliate, taunt and bait me all round when I tried to give them the win while I practiced. I was rusty and trying to warm up again and got a team who decided to pretty much make my life as miserable as they could all round and then repeatedly, repeatedly bait me into trying to hit them out. They solely waited until the last second baiting me into trying to push them out and waited until the last possible second when I refused to, why? To rub their win in. To dunk on an M1 Killer on a map offering THEY brought (it was MacMillan's and we got the Mine map). They were so severely harassing and frustrating that I tried to AFK and they sat inside me demanifested. I left for half an hour and they waited to do all the gens and bait my hits for the 4 man out solely, solely so they could teabag at the end and call me a baby Killer for being rusty at Sadako. They were also horrendous to me in the endgame chat. It felt really, really,really bad.
That was one year ago and it felt so damn bad, I have not touched Sadako since. This incident made me stop playing a Killer I liked because it felt that bad. This sort of behavior from Survivors is demonstrably detrimental to the game and to the vibe of the community as a whole. It directly leads to Killers sweating more and refusing to play "weak" Killers. And it's not all that uncommon either.
This is real. This stuff, while rare, happens. And it's not okay. It's never okay. It's NEVER OK to go into a round with the express desire to bully and harass people all round. Ever, ever, ever. And I shouldn't be expected to have to play the "just force them out' game to feed egos of people like these.
Screw "just hit them out". There's too many sore winners and bullies in this game that simply do not deserve that satisfaction. I'm not going to play at the end when this is all they actually want to do, and it's SHOCKING that the community expects anyone to. We don't tell Survivors to just ignore the griefing and let them do it. Why is it OK to tell Killer players this? Especially when the Survivor and Killer players are the same people? I'm a human being, I have thoughts and feelings and emotions, I just wanna play the game - none of that changes just because I'm the antagonist.
I don't really care if the Killer technically "has agency". I don't care if it "takes five seconds" to do this. I don't care what the Devs say about this being alright, they can be wrong, this is wrong. I don't care how powerful the Killer is. I care about the game feeling fun for everyone. It doesn't feel worth it as Killer to push anyone out of the gate or even go to the gate unless you have an endgame build or something that makes the gates dangerous, period end of. This isn't alright and it feels awful.
For the sake of just simply removing a common nuisance that multiple people here have said they are bothered by, why on earth NOT just add some form of abandon if Survivors are sitting in the gate or in the match at the end not doing anything or clearly trying to harass the Killer player? Games shouldn't feel THIS BAD to lose and it shouldn't be on the player to be made to have their loss shoved in their face when it isn't expected of the other half. I just want to be able to forfeit gracefully if I lose for the sake of being a good sport, and I think a lot of us are in that same boat. It really is about good sportsmanship, and how it seems one side is expected to show it but not the other all. The. Time.
The way Killer players are sometimes treated by some Survivors is abysmal and not okay. We fixed the worst of it for Survivor but I am so incredibly sick and tired of people not treating Kller players the same, as if they're emotionless husks just because they're the antagonist role. Harassing someone all round when they clearly aren't playing well just to make them feel bad and then baiting them into "nah nah can't catch me" BS isn't funny, cute, or something anyone should put up with, it's done to cause rage and tilt people - that makes it griefing. This is griefing.
I will die on this hill - we need an Abandon feature to prevent this sort of scenario. It 100% feels exactly like being slugged for a four man bleedout and I don't care if toy think it's equal or not, that's what it feels like and that is all I care about fixing. This game should not be rewarding sore winners.
Find a shred of decency and dignity and kindness in your heart. If this stuff was happening to Survivors, you'd be mad. But because it's happening when that Survivor then shifts over to play Killer, it's sort of OK?
I think when people talk about stuff like this they tend to forget that maps are not strict built to be a straight line. A lot of maps wind and turn in various different ways and there are borders that exist within the map to limit how much a Survivor can inherently do something like this. Because of this, youll eventually reach the position where a Survivor has to turn, they have to take an alternative path, which creates room for cutting offs, shortcuts, or unique pathing to catch Survivor off guard.
Not every single chase is going to be the same amount of time, sometimes it might be longer because you make a mistake as Killer, or sometimes it is shorter because the Survivor makes a mistake or they get outplayed. People are people, and people are humans, humans make mistakes all the time, but either side can capitalize on those mistakes to great effect.
Finally, not every map has multiple God Pallets that Survivors can just throw over the drop of a feather. Maps vary, and some maps are better than others. The difference in a maps like The Game and Haddonfield really show since The Game is full of multiple God Pallets while Haddonfield is bone dry with resources and loops to begin with.
Technically speaking, your math is probably correct (Im not going to argue against the math itself), but it does not consider the nuances of DBD, which is why I dislike it when people use math in regards to chase time instead of providing more tangible data (e.g. average chase times from their own gameplay, data and statistics from community averages, etc.).
There is no scenario i can conceive of, unless you are immediately cornered, that you can't apply this. If you are on 1 end of the map, you can simply run to the other end. Loop around a pallet for example in the corner until you can escape out, and then do it.
The game ends the second Survivors decide they want to sit in the gates and make you hit them out. I am not going to go to the gates and do that, I would rather forfeit gracefully and move on unless I'm running endgame perks. For me, the round is over with the gate opening. Most of the Killers I play DON'T HAVE stuff to catch Survs in the endgame unless I run something like No Way Out. What are you expecting a Dredge to do at the end? What are you expecting Trapper to do at the end?
It isn't my job to enforce Survivors ending the game and moving on, it's everyone's job to move on for the sake of spOrtsmanship.
I refuse to force Survivors out of the gates, I refuse to give anyone the satisfaction of rubbing it in. The last time I tried to "just hit them out", I was Sadako, and had a WHOLE TEAM come in to humiliate, taunt and bait me all round when I tried to give them the win. They solely waited until the last second baiting me into trying to push them out and waited until the last possible second when I refused to, why? To rub their win in. To dunk on an M1 Killer on a map offering THEY brought (it was MacMillan's and we got the Mine map). They were so severely harassing and frustrating that I tried to AFK and they sat inside me demanifested. I left for half an hour and they waited to do all the gens and bait my hits for the 4 man out solely, solely so they could teabag at the end and call me a baby Killer for being rusty at Sadako.
That was one year ago and it felt so damn bad, I have not touched Sadako since.
Screw "just hit them out". Thwere's too many sore winners and bullies in this game that simply do not deserve that satisfaction. I'm not going to play at the end when this is all they actually want to do, and it's SHOCKING that the community expects anyone to.
The way Killer players are sometimes treated by some Survivors is abysmal and not okay, we fixed the worst of it for Survivor but I am so incredibly sick and tired of people not treating Kller players the same, as if they're emotionless husks just because they're the antagonist role. Harassing someone all round when they clearly aren't playing well just to make them feel bad and then baiting them into "nah nah can't catch me" BS isn't funny, cute, or something anyone should put up with, it's done to cause rage and tilt people - that makes it griefing. This is griefing.
I will die on this hill - we need an Abandon feature to prevent this sort of scenario. It 100% feels exactly like being slugged for a four man bleedout and I don't care if it's equal or not, that's what it feels like and that is all I care about fixing. This game should not be rewarding sore winners.
Design wise, if we give players an out at every emotionally frustrating point
ie:losing a chase, survivors escaping, bad map pressure…
it effectively becomes a "skip button" for unfavorable outcomes.
The survivor abandon feature was added in response to forced loss of agency; situations like slugging and match stalling, that made the game unplayable.
Killers, even at the endgame, still have agency: tools, mobility, power, and potential for clutch plays/kills. That's a critical difference.
Wanting to abandon the match just because it feels unwinnable isn't the same as the match being over. That’s part of the loss condition. Designing around frustration or ego instead of gameplay, opens the door to abuse and undermines the value of key moments, especially in the endgame.
I'm saying the actual reason why survivors don't want killers to have an abandon button, is because they want to taunt the killer.
I'm also saying people are making a strawman argument, that the killer can quickly just force the survivors out of the exit gates.
Both these statements can exist at the same time.
I'm saying the actual reason why survivors don't want killers to have an abandon button, is because they want to taunt the killer.
And I'm sure there are killers who oppose anti-slugging and abandoning because they wanted to keep survivors trapped in the game for as long as possible.
But it doesn't make for a productive discussion to discount a person's reasons because you might think there is a bias behind them.
4 slugged and the gates being opened are different. As I've been saying, I think there absolutely should be a way for a killer to abandon in this scenario, however it is more complicated than the slug issue.
I forgot to mention it somehow. Yeah, killers can push the remaining survivors out of the trial. However, bot killers can do just the same with probably higher efficiency because they know how to find you and help you out. So, that's really an argument in favor of letting killer players abandon matches if you think one step further.
I'm saying the actual reason why survivors don't want killers to have an abandon button, is because they want to taunt the killer.
And I'm sure there are killers who oppose anti-slugging and abandoning because they wanted to keep survivors trapped in the game for as long as possible.
But it doesn't make for a productive discussion to discount a person's reasons because you might think there is a bias behind them.
4 slugged and the gates being opened are different. As I've been saying, I think there absolutely should be a way for a killer to abandon in this scenario, however it is more complicated than the slug issue.
Yeah, I agree with you here.
There might me such killer players opposing the idea indeed. Did the devs listen to that with the health of the game in mind? Not really. Why should they listen to survivors willing to rub it in, then? There should be some factors to consider, true, but the current "abandon" survivor option can be improved as well. I'm glad they're taking steps here.
Design wise, if we give players an out at every emotionally frustrating point
ie:losing a chase, survivors escaping, bad map pressure…
it effectively becomes a "skip button" for unfavorable outcomes.
The survivor abandon feature was added in response to forced loss of agency; situations like slugging and match stalling, that made the game unplayable.
Killers, even at the endgame, still have agency: tools, mobility, power, and potential for clutch plays/kills. That's a critical difference.
Wanting to abandon the match just because it feels unwinnable isn't the same as the match being over. That’s part of the loss condition. Designing around frustration or ego instead of gameplay, opens the door to abuse and undermines the value of key moments, especially in the endgame.
Then you believe there should not be an abandon feature for Survivors even if the Killer is W-Sing them on the ground for a four minute four man slug bleedout while the Killer strokes their ego?
If that's not okay, why is it okay for something equivalent when Survs do it? Both are hurtful. Both feel bad to be on the receiving end of. Both are griefing. I don't care if the Killer technically has agency - put a bot in and let the Killer move on. If we let Survivors move on, why oh why can't Killers?
Nobody has satisfactorily explained this to me yet, all people are saying is "but the Killer has agency" (many do not in these scenarios), "but the game's not technically over" (in some cases YES IT ABSOLUTELY IS, and it's Survivors dragging it out), "well we shouldn't encourage leaving when there is a situation one finds unwinnable" (then why did we give Survivors an abandon mechanic at all as a bandaid fix for slugging into a bleedout?). Why make people stay in rounds they already lost? Why do people agreeing with the Devs, who could be wrong and misreading the way the community feels about this, want to make people stay in rounds they have lost instead of allowing a gentle concede option for those of us who just wanna forfeit gracefully?
Friendly reminder - anyone against this idea is objectively incorrect and just needs to admit they're either okay with bullying, or are a bully themselves.
I think it's a fairly easy way to implement such a feature. Once the EGC begins, if all survivors are within 32m of a powered gate then you can abandon freely. Because outside of very specific circumstances and builds, survivors have basically won in that moment for all intents and purposes, there's really no reason for all four survivors to stand around at an open gate for an extended period of time.
I think it's a fairly easy way to implement such a feature. Once the EGC begins, if all survivors are within 32m of a powered gate then you can abandon freely. Because outside of very specific circumstances and builds, survivors have basically won in that moment for all intents and purposes, there's really no reason for all four survivors to stand around at an open gate for an extended period of time.
You shouldn't even include gate condition, because the time it is most problematic is when they are NOT in gates
I wonder if this won’t just encourage never fully finishing a trial that doesn’t end in the killer’s favour.
I mean that's kind off what's going with abandoning as survivor, right? Survivors can abandon when they can't win anymore. I don't understand why survivors get the option to do that while killers don't.
I mean that's kind off what's going with abandoning as survivor, right? Survivors can abandon when they can't win anymore. I don't understand why survivors get the option to do that while killers don't.
That's kind of stretching its purpose, though. The abandon mechanic is there to prevent unnecessary extension of matches. It's not necessarily there to dip the instant you lose. It's the players who use it like that.
Mind, I don't like how the abandon mechanic was implemented for survivors either. I'm not against it existing, but I think it appears too quickly. As the final survivor, you can dip the instant you go down. If they can just dc freely from that point, why not just have them get EGC-killed? By extension, I have to wonder why y'all were so against the original finisher mori to begin with, since it effectively does the same thing. Hell, the original finisher mori is even better here, 'cause then the killer doesn't have to bother with finding hooking the bot either. Saves us all time, no?
It's why I'm in favour of adding a timer for the survivor abandon scenario. It prevents hostage situations, like it was designed to do, whilst also still allowing killers who just want to finish the game as normal, to do so.
It seems silly to me that after years of people saying that players should grow a thicker skin when you're being t-bagged or humped, now it's suddenly the deciding factor of whether the abandon mechanic should activate. What happened there?
And, more to the point, if that's the issue, why was the finisher mori such a bad idea?
That's kind of stretching its purpose, though. The abandon mechanic is there to prevent unnecessary extension of matches. It's not necessarily there to dip the instant you lose. It's the players who use it like that.
Mind, I don't like how the abandon mechanic was implemented sor survivors either. I'm not against it existing, but I think it appears too quickly. As the final survivor, you can dip the instant you go down. If they can just dc freely from that point, why not just have them get EGC-killed? By extension, I have to wonder why y'all were so against the original finisher mori to begin with, since it effectively does the same thing. Hell, the original finisher mori is even better here, 'cause then the killer doesn't have to bother with finding hooking the bot either. Saves us all time, no?
It's why I'm in favour of adding a timer for the survivor abandon scenario. It prevents hostage situations, like it was designed to do, whilst also still allowing killers who just want to finish the game as normal, to do so.
It seems silly to me that after years of people saying that players should grow a thicker skin when you're being t-bagged or humped, now it's suddenly the deciding factor of whether the abandon mechanic should activate. What happened there?
And, more to the point, if that's the issue, why was the finisher mori such a bad idea?
Personally I do like the survivors abandon features, though I do think that if survivors leave like that it should be an automatic loss for the survivor and not a draw. I kinda wish they did it more like identity V where when every survivor is on the ground, the survivors can vote to abandon and if they do the match ends as a win for killer. Identity v's win and loss system works differently than dbd though. With identity v the suvivors either win or lose as a team. It works like this:
-2 survivors escape = draw for both sides.
-3 survivors escape = win for all survivors, loss for killer.
- 1 survivor escapes = win for killer, loss for all survivors.
I think this system works better than dbd's 4 1v1 system, but that's just my opinion.
I think giving the suvivors the option to leave when they've already lost is a good thing I think (as long as it counts as a loss mind you), but I also think Killers should have that same option.
I might be wrong, but as a killer player I feel like when the endgame collapse happens you will now whether you'll be able to get another kill or not. So I feel like giving the killer the option to end the game there is a good thing, because they'll be able to decide whether it's worth it or not.
The biggest thing for me is that I don't thik it should be an abandon feauture and instead it should be a surrender feauture. Where abandoning like that ends the entire match and gives the other side a win. But for that to work behaviour would need to change the win and lose conditions themselves.
Personally as killer it can be really annoying and demorilising when people just stay at the exit gate even if they've won and you aren't even enar the gate. I feel like it happens quite often where people will just wait for you to chase them out which I think is just stupid. It doesn't make me upset or antyhing, like it is just a game, but it is a bit frustrating sometimes. You also don't know why peopel teabag because there's no emotes int he game. It can eba friendly goodbye or a toxic player roastign you. you just don't know.
Also I think the finisher mori was an awfull idea that has only made it so people slug more to see it.
I'm saying the actual reason why survivors don't want killers to have an abandon button, is because they want to taunt the killer.
And I'm sure there are killers who oppose anti-slugging and abandoning because they wanted to keep survivors trapped in the game for as long as possible.
But it doesn't make for a productive discussion to discount a person's reasons because you might think there is a bias behind them.
4 slugged and the gates being opened are different. As I've been saying, I think there absolutely should be a way for a killer to abandon in this scenario, however it is more complicated than the slug issue.
Mandy’s statement literally said “the killer can do a lot to force survivors out of the match”. That statement is incorrect if the survivors are hiding in random parts of the map, until the EGC is almost done.
That's the only actual relevant thing to the conversation, because it's the official BHVR response. There isn't anything complicated going on here.
When y'all are arguing over this proposed mechanic, how are you envisioning it working?
Because right now, if a killer abandons a match, the match ends right there and that would be my issue with the killer having the option to leave as soon as the gates are powered/opened/whatever.
There are countless reasons for a survivor to want to play out the end game. There are specific achievements, rift challenges, and even just bloodpoint incentives for specific actions during end game. Add on the fact that the game is designed for survivors to only even see the gates powered in about 40% of their matches, it would make things even more frustrating.
If the survivors all abandon right now, there are still bots and the match can continue as mostly normal. The killer can still get their daily ritual mori, hook in basement, etc challenge done in that scenario. Until we have bot killers (or allowing an endgame with just no killer), I don't think this would be a good option.
When y'all are arguing over this proposed mechanic, how are you envisioning it working?
Because right now, if a killer abandons a match, the match ends right there and that would be my issue with the killer having the option to leave as soon as the gates are powered/opened/whatever.
There are countless reasons for a survivor to want to play out the end game. There are specific achievements, rift challenges, and even just bloodpoint incentives for specific actions during end game. Add on the fact that the game is designed for survivors to only even see the gates powered in about 40% of their matches, it would make things even more frustrating.
If the survivors all abandon right now, there are still bots and the match can continue as mostly normal. The killer can still get their daily ritual mori, hook in basement, etc challenge done in that scenario. Until we have bot killers (or allowing an endgame with just no killer), I don't think this would be a good option.
I always think this is a good idea, but the abandon for this case should only be available once all remaining survivors are in an open gate for ~20 seconds. That will let console survivors have some time to celebrate at the gate briefly since they don't usually have access to post-game chat. And in that case, the match is genuinely over, and if the killer still wants to go for a grab at the gate, they're free to try it.
I generally don't see much bm, but teabagging at the gates is a very common killer complaint, and I can imagine it's very irritating. The killer experience might be more positive that way and lead to a little less toxicity in the community :D
When y'all are arguing over this proposed mechanic, how are you envisioning it working?
Because right now, if a killer abandons a match, the match ends right there and that would be my issue with the killer having the option to leave as soon as the gates are powered/opened/whatever.
There are countless reasons for a survivor to want to play out the end game. There are specific achievements, rift challenges, and even just bloodpoint incentives for specific actions during end game. Add on the fact that the game is designed for survivors to only even see the gates powered in about 40% of their matches, it would make things even more frustrating.
If the survivors all abandon right now, there are still bots and the match can continue as mostly normal. The killer can still get their daily ritual mori, hook in basement, etc challenge done in that scenario. Until we have bot killers (or allowing an endgame with just no killer), I don't think this would be a good option.
The killer would be replaced by a bot. And considering how bad the survivor bots are, it would be fine if the killer bots just walked around like an M1 killer, if BHVR didn't have enough time to make their M2 power work as a bot.
The discussion has long switched to the "after the EGC starts" notion. But well, if I know I'm not using no way out or don't have anything else to turn the game in my favor, that's essentially a defeat and a waste of time. It's up to me to evaluate if I can actually do anything about the situation or not.
so why did survivors beg for knockout to be changed and the devs added an entirely new feature to the game instead of bringing exponential and unbreakable
Design wise, if we give players an out at every emotionally frustrating point
ie:losing a chase, survivors escaping, bad map pressure…
it effectively becomes a "skip button" for unfavorable outcomes.
The survivor abandon feature was added in response to forced loss of agency; situations like slugging and match stalling, that made the game unplayable.
Killers, even at the endgame, still have agency: tools, mobility, power, and potential for clutch plays/kills. That's a critical difference.
Wanting to abandon the match just because it feels unwinnable isn't the same as the match being over. That’s part of the loss condition. Designing around frustration or ego instead of gameplay, opens the door to abuse and undermines the value of key moments, especially in the endgame.
so why didn't survivors just change their perks and adapt to the new meta? if survivors saw that killers were going for the 4 man slug they could've easily put unbreakable and/or exponential in order to counter this but instead they begged bhvr to nerf (completely change) knockout and add a brand new mechanic that allows survivors to dc for free
When y'all are arguing over this proposed mechanic, how are you envisioning it working?
Because right now, if a killer abandons a match, the match ends right there and that would be my issue with the killer having the option to leave as soon as the gates are powered/opened/whatever.
There are countless reasons for a survivor to want to play out the end game. There are specific achievements, rift challenges, and even just bloodpoint incentives for specific actions during end game. Add on the fact that the game is designed for survivors to only even see the gates powered in about 40% of their matches, it would make things even more frustrating.
If the survivors all abandon right now, there are still bots and the match can continue as mostly normal. The killer can still get their daily ritual mori, hook in basement, etc challenge done in that scenario. Until we have bot killers (or allowing an endgame with just no killer), I don't think this would be a good option.
Flip that on its side. Survivors can just abandon as well. With 2v8 there are killer bots.
For some of the weakest Killers in the game, the round essentially ends the second Survivors have done so well that they decide they want to sit in the gates and make you hit them out. I am not going to waste my times with going to the gates and shoving them out while they wait one pxiel away from the border so I will specifically hit them outand can't get them even if I manage a down. I would rather forfeit gracefully and move on unless I'm running endgame perks. For me, the round is over with the gate opening. Most of the Killers I play DON'T HAVE stuff to catch Survs in the endgame unless I run something like No Way Out. What are you expecting a Dredge to do at the end? What are you expecting Trapper to do at the end?
It isn't my job to enforce Survivors ending the game and moving on, it's everyone's job to move on for the sake of sportsmanship. I don't understand why some people seem to believe that Survivor side is exempt from this rule while Killer side can be screeched at for anything and everything even when they did nothing wrong to anyone in the round. I know this isn't the truth, but it does feel that way when we say Survivors should be able to escape griefing, but Killers have to "just take it" when it happens to them.
I'm sorry, but I refuse to force Survivors out of the gates because it just gives bad actors attention they want. I refuse to give anyone the satisfaction of rubbing it in when I lose. The last time I tried to "just hit them out", I was Sadako, and had a WHOLE TEAM come in to humiliate, taunt and bait me all round when I tried to give them the win while I practiced. I was rusty and trying to warm up again and got a team who decided to pretty much make my life as miserable as they could all round and then repeatedly, repeatedly bait me into trying to hit them out. They solely waited until the last second baiting me into trying to push them out and waited until the last possible second when I refused to, why? To rub their win in. To dunk on an M1 Killer on a map offering THEY brought (it was MacMillan's and we got the Mine map). They were so severely harassing and frustrating that I tried to AFK and they sat inside me demanifested. I left for half an hour and they waited to do all the gens and bait my hits for the 4 man out solely, solely so they could teabag at the end and call me a baby Killer for being rusty at Sadako. They were also horrendous to me in the endgame chat. It felt really, really,really bad.
That was one year ago and it felt so damn bad, I have not touched Sadako since. This incident made me stop playing a Killer I liked because it felt that bad. This sort of behavior from Survivors is demonstrably detrimental to the game and to the vibe of the community as a whole. It directly leads to Killers sweating more and refusing to play "weak" Killers. And it's not all that uncommon either.
This is real. This stuff, while rare, happens. And it's not okay. It's never okay. It's NEVER OK to go into a round with the express desire to bully and harass people all round. Ever, ever, ever. And I shouldn't be expected to have to play the "just force them out' game to feed egos of people like these.
Screw "just hit them out". There's too many sore winners and bullies in this game that simply do not deserve that satisfaction. I'm not going to play at the end when this is all they actually want to do, and it's SHOCKING that the community expects anyone to. We don't tell Survivors to just ignore the griefing and let them do it. Why is it OK to tell Killer players this? Especially when the Survivor and Killer players are the same people? I'm a human being, I have thoughts and feelings and emotions, I just wanna play the game - none of that changes just because I'm the antagonist.
I don't really care if the Killer technically "has agency". I don't care if it "takes five seconds" to do this. I don't care what the Devs say about this being alright, they can be wrong, this is wrong. I don't care how powerful the Killer is. I care about the game feeling fun for everyone. It doesn't feel worth it as Killer to push anyone out of the gate or even go to the gate unless you have an endgame build or something that makes the gates dangerous, period end of. This isn't alright and it feels awful.
For the sake of just simply removing a common nuisance that multiple people here have said they are bothered by, why on earth NOT just add some form of abandon if Survivors are sitting in the gate or in the match at the end not doing anything or clearly trying to harass the Killer player? Games shouldn't feel THIS BAD to lose and it shouldn't be on the player to be made to have their loss shoved in their face when it isn't expected of the other half. I just want to be able to forfeit gracefully if I lose for the sake of being a good sport, and I think a lot of us are in that same boat. It really is about good sportsmanship, and how it seems one side is expected to show it but not the other all. The. Time.
The way Killer players are sometimes treated by some Survivors is abysmal and not okay. We fixed the worst of it for Survivor but I am so incredibly sick and tired of people not treating Kller players the same, as if they're emotionless husks just because they're the antagonist role. Harassing someone all round when they clearly aren't playing well just to make them feel bad and then baiting them into "nah nah can't catch me" BS isn't funny, cute, or something anyone should put up with, it's done to cause rage and tilt people - that makes it griefing. This is griefing.
I will die on this hill - we need an Abandon feature to prevent this sort of scenario. It 100% feels exactly like being slugged for a four man bleedout and I don't care if toy think it's equal or not, that's what it feels like and that is all I care about fixing. This game should not be rewarding sore winners.
Find a shred of decency and dignity and kindness in your heart. If this stuff was happening to Survivors, you'd be mad. But because it's happening when that Survivor then shifts over to play Killer, it's sort of OK?
Make it make sense.
Then the most empathetic, genuine response I can give you is that you maybe need to consider if playing PVP games online is for you.
Because unfortunately, in every PVP game I've ever played there have been BM, toxic, and bully players. Tea bagging, emoting, taunting, and even toxic chat and voice is something that exists everywhere, and if it bothers you that badly you may just need to walk away.
Because in all of my experience in PVP online games these things have always existed, and that includes games where there is no disconnect penalty at all.
There is no mechanic that they can add that will fix that issue for you.
And in every PVP game I've ever played, the penalties for this have always been through game mechanics (barring extreme and reportable examples of things like chat messages). Bad actors getting farmed, spawn camped, or sometimes just their own team refusing to help them.
But if that genuinely bothers you and triggers an avoidance response, then online PVP may not be the best environment for your mental health and well being.
Then the most empathetic, genuine response I can give you is that you maybe need to consider if playing PVP games online is for you.
Because unfortunately, in every PVP game I've ever played there have been BM, toxic, and bully players. Tea bagging, emoting, taunting, and even toxic chat and voice is something that exists everywhere, and if it bothers you that badly you may just need to walk away.
Because in all of my experience in PVP online games these things have always existed, and that includes games where there is no disconnect penalty at all.
There is no mechanic that they can add that will fix that issue for you.
And in every PVP game I've ever played, the penalties for this have always been through game mechanics (barring extreme and reportable examples of things like chat messages). Bad actors getting farmed, spawn camped, or sometimes just their own team refusing to help them.
But if that genuinely bothers you and triggers an avoidance response, then online PVP may not be the best environment for your mental health and well being.
Mandy’s statement literally said “the killer can do a lot to force survivors out of the match”. That statement is incorrect if the survivors are hiding in random parts of the map, until the EGC is almost done.
That's the only actual relevant thing to the conversation, because it's the official BHVR response. There isn't anything complicated going on here.
We're circling a couple of steps back in the discussion.
You say Mandy's statement is incorrect, but you aren't quoting the line she is referring to: How is 4 survivors bleeding out on the ground for a few minutes any different than survivors teabagging at a gate and not leaving for a few minutes?
She is talking about a specific situation, not just the general scenario.
I don't know how she would respond to the idea of survivors hiding out, but the best argument is that the killer can still kill them. Like the killer doesn't have to just force them out, the killer can still accomplish his objective against that/those survivors.
The abandon mechanic exists for situations were the chance for a comeback is astronomically low and/or the game could be dragged on for a ridiculous length of time. All the survivors standing at the exact line to exit the gate meets condition 1, the chance of a killer getting a kill there is almost impossible. A survivor hiding doesn't meet either, the killer still has a chance of killing them.
I get that watching survivors teabag at the gate is annoying, and I’m not against ideas to make the exit gate less safe in order to discourage this behavior but abandoning the match the moment gates are powered isn’t a good solution. That would completely bypass the endgame collapse and cut the match short for everyone, even survivors who are still playing seriously or haven’t reached the gate yet.
There’s a big difference between asking for tools to handle BMand asking for the power to end the game early and force an end on the survivors who might not even be involved in it. There’s no killer bot, the match will just instantly end. There are challenges that require you to do certain things during the EGC as well, such as being the last to leave.
I feel a better solution might be making the Endgame Collapse timer go faster if survivors are inside the exit gate, that way, there’s a built-in system to discourage camping at the line without breaking the match flow for everyone else.
Then the most empathetic, genuine response I can give you is that you maybe need to consider if playing PVP games online is for you.
Because unfortunately, in every PVP game I've ever played there have been BM, toxic, and bully players. Tea bagging, emoting, taunting, and even toxic chat and voice is something that exists everywhere, and if it bothers you that badly you may just need to walk away.
Because in all of my experience in PVP online games these things have always existed, and that includes games where there is no disconnect penalty at all.
There is no mechanic that they can add that will fix that issue for you.
And in every PVP game I've ever played, the penalties for this have always been through game mechanics (barring extreme and reportable examples of things like chat messages). Bad actors getting farmed, spawn camped, or sometimes just their own team refusing to help them.
But if that genuinely bothers you and triggers an avoidance response, then online PVP may not be the best environment for your mental health and well being.
This response is neither empathetic nor genuine, it's another way to try and make yourself look better while you advocate for literal griefing. PvP games are for everyone, Bullying is wrong, and if you can't see that I can't help you.
I always think this is a good idea, but the abandon for this case should only be available once all remaining survivors are in an open gate for ~20 seconds. That will let console survivors have some time to celebrate at the gate briefly since they don't usually have access to post-game chat. And in that case, the match is genuinely over, and if the killer still wants to go for a grab at the gate, they're free to try it.
I generally don't see much bm, but teabagging at the gates is a very common killer complaint, and I can imagine it's very irritating. The killer experience might be more positive that way and lead to a little less toxicity in the community :D
I think this would be a fair, good compromise as long as Bot Killers exist.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
you mean those vague kill stats where they don't really tell you anything? whether this killer got high kill rates from a go next 1 hook or 3 hooks
also doesn't nurse underperform with kill stats consistently? we could buff nurse if you want
I mean there's objectively a few good reasons as to why she underperforms
Also in mmr '1,800 and above' stats from Jan to March this year, Nurse was #4 in the top 5 deadliest killers. The top 3 being a tie between Freddy (Recently reworked), Twins (Always been strong just jank) and Blight (Blight).
i wasn't giving context to it since he was using the bhvr infallible kill stats and treating it like gospel that explains everything but i haven't checked the stats since they were posted so i'll update it and just put whatever top tier that's not there and say they need buffs
Even if survs aren't hiding and are just standing in the gate, why should I have to run over there and watch them teabag just so I can end the game faster?
SWF escaping at an 8% higher rate than solo queue over millions of trials is definitely equal!
But the second you W+S a survivor - cancelled on Twitter. Only survivors are allowed to humiliate and ego on a killer. BHVR justifies it at every turn. Can't take away the precious survivor mains narcissistic ego.
Let’s be real here. The actual reason why survivors don’t want the killer to have an abandon button, is because survivors want to taunt the killer.I've said in my posts that this feature should exist, it might need some conditions. I'm a survivor main.
You originally were trying to argue about survivors hiding in the map. That is factually a very different situation as I pointed out. You're now trying to change your argument to presumptions about people's emotional reasons.
I'm saying the actual reason why survivors don't want killers to have an abandon button, is because they want to taunt the killer.
I'm also saying people are making a strawman argument, that the killer can quickly just force the survivors out of the exit gates.
Both these statements can exist at the same time.
When survivors are downed, they have no other option besides crawling around/bleeding out via the timer.
When survivors power the gates & wait, killers can push them out. Some have brought up the whole 'well they can hide around the map and wait for the last few seconds of EGC' - you're right, they can. But you're talking about the 1-5% of teams, most people are queing up by themselves or with 1-2 friends & they do not do this. Acting like this is the norm is just straight up, a lie.
Honestly, this just sounds like something sore losers get behind. As soon as the match is lost (at least to them), they want to quit b/c they don't want to face the survivors at the gates.
Whether they be 'toxic' or not. They just want the option to abandon when they lose (gates are powered) & their ego gets hurt.
It makes sense on one side. It makes 0 sense on the other for the situation you propose. Completely disagree as someone who 50/50s both roles nowadays. This is primarily a tool for sore losers.
Not to mention that slugging before hooking might be your only option if they're decent and coordinated unless you enjoy getting pallet stunned all the time upon pickup. Teabagging offers no gameplay advantage, just humiliation attempts.
Then the question is why killers MUST work for their loss, only to stop survivors from wasting killer's time, when survivors can just instantly abandon the game with zero consideration?
It's as if "but survivors can slug around hoping to get a hatch", when gate is powered survivors can simply hide for 110 seconds straight and leave from the gate anyway without any risk at all, why killers must search for them when you guys already claimed hiding for excessive amount of time is bannable because it's impossible to find them from killer perspective, and even introduced abandon feature to prevent it from happening?
It's like survivors staying on ground for 240 seconds aren't good and should be avoided, but you guys somehow thinks killers wandering around in hopes for finding hiding survivors (which is impossible anyway) for 120 second is somehow healthy for the game, complete double standards
A change like this would just set a precedent of being able to leave when something is not in your favour and you want to give up.
Thats essentially what this change is, you not wanting to play once the exit gates are powered.
Eventually people will then ask to abandon because there is 1 gen left, or 2, or 1 hook for several minutes etc…
Exit gates powered =/= the game is over.
If you dont like tbagging in an unfavorable scenario, apply that to the entire match, and emotionally grow.
The abandon feature on survivor was changed due to gameplay stalling issues not emotional problems.
Great reasoning for why they shouldn't have implemented abandon feature for survivors, but they have done it and it's extremely unlikely to revert it
Gameplay stalling issue still exists on killer side, whether you can understand it or not is different problem though
The discussion has long switched to the "after the EGC starts" notion. But well, if I know I'm not using no way out or don't have anything else to turn the game in my favor, that's essentially a defeat and a waste of time. It's up to me to evaluate if I can actually do anything about the situation or not.
These people don't care about precedent or how unhealthy for the game it is.
You hit it on the nail, this is a thread for sore losers to band behind.
Just tell me they don't care about game health. All these people care about is their own ego.
I think when people talk about stuff like this they tend to forget that maps are not strict built to be a straight line. A lot of maps wind and turn in various different ways and there are borders that exist within the map to limit how much a Survivor can inherently do something like this. Because of this, youll eventually reach the position where a Survivor has to turn, they have to take an alternative path, which creates room for cutting offs, shortcuts, or unique pathing to catch Survivor off guard.
Not every single chase is going to be the same amount of time, sometimes it might be longer because you make a mistake as Killer, or sometimes it is shorter because the Survivor makes a mistake or they get outplayed. People are people, and people are humans, humans make mistakes all the time, but either side can capitalize on those mistakes to great effect.
Finally, not every map has multiple God Pallets that Survivors can just throw over the drop of a feather. Maps vary, and some maps are better than others. The difference in a maps like The Game and Haddonfield really show since The Game is full of multiple God Pallets while Haddonfield is bone dry with resources and loops to begin with.
Technically speaking, your math is probably correct (Im not going to argue against the math itself), but it does not consider the nuances of DBD, which is why I dislike it when people use math in regards to chase time instead of providing more tangible data (e.g. average chase times from their own gameplay, data and statistics from community averages, etc.).
The survivors had the system implemented because the game was stalled. There was no control for several minutes on a dead match.
A killer still has full control over their character, and has the ability to still get kills.
You dont know whos at the exit gates and whos still in the match, you can and will get plenty of kills.
I haven't seen anyone calling a person who just want a surrender feature "sore loser", plenty of people would feel quite opposite, and oftentimes those who go against it (surrender feature) would be called sore winner
Being able to move doesn't mean the match is not over. Don't get me started on "plenty" of kills with a max count of 4 lol.
There have been matches in my experience where killers knocked down 4 survivors only to let them up (dropping one until they're on their feet) and do gens and probably farm a bit. You're no psychic and can't tell what's going on in the killer's head, so does that mean the introduction of the surrender option is unjustified? Not really. So why do you appeal to "you don't know who's in the gate, go waste your time to check it out and potentially watch them teabag you" as the reason for not adding an abandon option for killers? I fight til the end, and am highly unlikely to use the option, but I'd appreciate having the option to do so. What I don't appreciate is double standards. Survivors think the match is done? Sure, leave with no penalty. The killer thinks the match is done? Let them walk around the map cuz they can.
It's funny how your post can be understood both ways: you berating killers or survivors without you clarifying which is the case.
Okay this answer is just saying
"I dont want to play that part of the game because its unfavorable and someone might be t-bagging me"
The match is still alive. You have the ability to get kills. If you want an abandon feature to circumvent this part of the game, you dont want to play the full game at that point and are just asking to skip parts you deem unplayable and a waste of time, even though we have data telling you otherwise.
You have full agency still as killer, power and all, but you just dont want to play the part where the exit gates are powered because you might have someone tbag you. Thats emotion and ego being the problem; not the game.
The abandon feature was not added when everyone was slugged/hooked because emotion and ego was a problem, the game was being stalled for no reason, survivors had no agency. Ignoring this fact and to attempt a comparison, is troublesome in conversation.
Hopefully as the dev/community manager answered; they see through this false equivalency and destructive "skipping parts I dont like because I cant handle a control button" and never even consider this change.
If people are this bothered by t-bagging; they need to look a bit inward and stop playing video games. As a killer I am never bothered by this, if anything its hilarious to watch. Especially bunny fengs, or just fengs in general.
You're putting your words in my mouth here lol. I'm talking about you paraphrasing me. Not sure if this distortion is intentional, but I guess it is.
Say, I'm a trapper and I'm in an infavorable chase far away from exit gates. I'm a naughty bear main, so any "arguments" against my killer choice in this example are going to be disregarded. Anyways, I'm in that chase for whatever reason: I'm too new to realize I should've dropped the chase long ago, there were no other survivors in sight, or whatever else really. The exit gates have been powered, all the significant traps disarmed. The chase takes another minute. Assuming the best-case scenario kill-wise, this player is dead on hook, I catch them and kill them, no other survivor is in sight. Be honest now. Do you really think I'm dumb enough to assume everyone else is not ready to leave at this point, with them perhaps waiting for the final hook so that they don't get blood warden-ed? I don't get into these situations often, if at all, but once again, like I said in a previous post: if I want to have the option to abandon the match, it doesn't mean I'm going to ever use it. I want to be presented with a choice as well.
It's not about teabagging in this topic.It's about wasting my time.
As for teabagging itself, or "pressing the ctrl button", as you conveniently put it, it's about the intent behind doing so. Why don't you grow up and watch a killer hump you or leave you slugged? It's emotion and ego problem, not the game lul. It's ironic how you try to call someone not liking the intent of survivors trying to rub it in and/or prolong the match for no reason an ego problem while the initial game stalling/not leaving and teabagging are rooted in immaturity.
For some of the weakest Killers in the game, the round essentially ends the second Survivors have done so well that they decide they want to sit in the gates and make you hit them out. I am not going to waste my times with going to the gates and shoving them out while they wait one pxiel away from the border so I will specifically hit them outand can't get them even if I manage a down. I would rather forfeit gracefully and move on unless I'm running endgame perks. For me, the round is over with the gate opening. Most of the Killers I play DON'T HAVE stuff to catch Survs in the endgame unless I run something like No Way Out. What are you expecting a Dredge to do at the end? What are you expecting Trapper to do at the end?
It isn't my job to enforce Survivors ending the game and moving on, it's everyone's job to move on for the sake of sportsmanship. I don't understand why some people seem to believe that Survivor side is exempt from this rule while Killer side can be screeched at for anything and everything even when they did nothing wrong to anyone in the round. I know this isn't the truth, but it does feel that way when we say Survivors should be able to escape griefing, but Killers have to "just take it" when it happens to them.
I'm sorry, but I refuse to force Survivors out of the gates because it just gives bad actors attention they want. I refuse to give anyone the satisfaction of rubbing it in when I lose. The last time I tried to "just hit them out", I was Sadako, and had a WHOLE TEAM come in to humiliate, taunt and bait me all round when I tried to give them the win while I practiced. I was rusty and trying to warm up again and got a team who decided to pretty much make my life as miserable as they could all round and then repeatedly, repeatedly bait me into trying to hit them out. They solely waited until the last second baiting me into trying to push them out and waited until the last possible second when I refused to, why? To rub their win in. To dunk on an M1 Killer on a map offering THEY brought (it was MacMillan's and we got the Mine map). They were so severely harassing and frustrating that I tried to AFK and they sat inside me demanifested. I left for half an hour and they waited to do all the gens and bait my hits for the 4 man out solely, solely so they could teabag at the end and call me a baby Killer for being rusty at Sadako. They were also horrendous to me in the endgame chat. It felt really, really, really bad.
That was one year ago and it felt so damn bad, I have not touched Sadako since. This incident made me stop playing a Killer I liked because it felt that bad. This sort of behavior from Survivors is demonstrably detrimental to the game and to the vibe of the community as a whole. It directly leads to Killers sweating more and refusing to play "weak" Killers. And it's not all that uncommon either.
This is real. This stuff, while rare, happens. And it's not okay. It's never okay. It's NEVER OK to go into a round with the express desire to bully and harass people all round. Ever, ever, ever. And I shouldn't be expected to have to play the "just force them out' game to feed egos of people like these.
Screw "just hit them out". There's too many sore winners and bullies in this game that simply do not deserve that satisfaction. I'm not going to play at the end when this is all they actually want to do, and it's SHOCKING that the community expects anyone to. We don't tell Survivors to just ignore the griefing and let them do it. Why is it OK to tell Killer players this? Especially when the Survivor and Killer players are the same people? I'm a human being, I have thoughts and feelings and emotions, I just wanna play the game - none of that changes just because I'm the antagonist.
I don't really care if the Killer technically "has agency". I don't care if it "takes five seconds" to do this. I don't care what the Devs say about this being alright, they can be wrong, this is wrong. I don't care how powerful the Killer is. I care about the game feeling fun for everyone. It doesn't feel worth it as Killer to push anyone out of the gate or even go to the gate unless you have an endgame build or something that makes the gates dangerous, period end of. This isn't alright and it feels awful.
For the sake of just simply removing a common nuisance that multiple people here have said they are bothered by, why on earth NOT just add some form of abandon if Survivors are sitting in the gate or in the match at the end not doing anything or clearly trying to harass the Killer player? Games shouldn't feel THIS BAD to lose and it shouldn't be on the player to be made to have their loss shoved in their face when it isn't expected of the other half. I just want to be able to forfeit gracefully if I lose for the sake of being a good sport, and I think a lot of us are in that same boat. It really is about good sportsmanship, and how it seems one side is expected to show it but not the other all. The. Time.
The way Killer players are sometimes treated by some Survivors is abysmal and not okay. We fixed the worst of it for Survivor but I am so incredibly sick and tired of people not treating Kller players the same, as if they're emotionless husks just because they're the antagonist role. Harassing someone all round when they clearly aren't playing well just to make them feel bad and then baiting them into "nah nah can't catch me" BS isn't funny, cute, or something anyone should put up with, it's done to cause rage and tilt people - that makes it griefing. This is griefing.
I will die on this hill - we need an Abandon feature to prevent this sort of scenario. It 100% feels exactly like being slugged for a four man bleedout and I don't care if toy think it's equal or not, that's what it feels like and that is all I care about fixing. This game should not be rewarding sore winners.
Find a shred of decency and dignity and kindness in your heart. If this stuff was happening to Survivors, you'd be mad. But because it's happening when that Survivor then shifts over to play Killer, it's sort of OK?
Make it make sense.
There is no scenario i can conceive of, unless you are immediately cornered, that you can't apply this. If you are on 1 end of the map, you can simply run to the other end. Loop around a pallet for example in the corner until you can escape out, and then do it.
Design wise, if we give players an out at every emotionally frustrating point
ie:losing a chase, survivors escaping, bad map pressure…
it effectively becomes a "skip button" for unfavorable outcomes.
The survivor abandon feature was added in response to forced loss of agency; situations like slugging and match stalling, that made the game unplayable.
Killers, even at the endgame, still have agency: tools, mobility, power, and potential for clutch plays/kills. That's a critical difference.
Wanting to abandon the match just because it feels unwinnable isn't the same as the match being over. That’s part of the loss condition. Designing around frustration or ego instead of gameplay, opens the door to abuse and undermines the value of key moments, especially in the endgame.
I'm saying the actual reason why survivors don't want killers to have an abandon button, is because they want to taunt the killer.And I'm sure there are killers who oppose anti-slugging and abandoning because they wanted to keep survivors trapped in the game for as long as possible.
But it doesn't make for a productive discussion to discount a person's reasons because you might think there is a bias behind them.
4 slugged and the gates being opened are different. As I've been saying, I think there absolutely should be a way for a killer to abandon in this scenario, however it is more complicated than the slug issue.
I forgot to mention it somehow. Yeah, killers can push the remaining survivors out of the trial. However, bot killers can do just the same with probably higher efficiency because they know how to find you and help you out. So, that's really an argument in favor of letting killer players abandon matches if you think one step further.
Yeah, I agree with you here.
There might me such killer players opposing the idea indeed. Did the devs listen to that with the health of the game in mind? Not really. Why should they listen to survivors willing to rub it in, then? There should be some factors to consider, true, but the current "abandon" survivor option can be improved as well. I'm glad they're taking steps here.
Then you believe there should not be an abandon feature for Survivors even if the Killer is W-Sing them on the ground for a four minute four man slug bleedout while the Killer strokes their ego?
If that's not okay, why is it okay for something equivalent when Survs do it? Both are hurtful. Both feel bad to be on the receiving end of. Both are griefing. I don't care if the Killer technically has agency - put a bot in and let the Killer move on. If we let Survivors move on, why oh why can't Killers?
Nobody has satisfactorily explained this to me yet, all people are saying is "but the Killer has agency" (many do not in these scenarios), "but the game's not technically over" (in some cases YES IT ABSOLUTELY IS, and it's Survivors dragging it out), "well we shouldn't encourage leaving when there is a situation one finds unwinnable" (then why did we give Survivors an abandon mechanic at all as a bandaid fix for slugging into a bleedout?). Why make people stay in rounds they already lost? Why do people agreeing with the Devs, who could be wrong and misreading the way the community feels about this, want to make people stay in rounds they have lost instead of allowing a gentle concede option for those of us who just wanna forfeit gracefully?
Friendly reminder - anyone against this idea is objectively incorrect and just needs to admit they're either okay with bullying, or are a bully themselves.
Or who knows, the Killer just may have the last laugh. XD
https://www.twitch.tv/cryptgirl1981/clip/SmilingAbrasiveRavenTheTarFu-AlxW3TkCDfDvKRrQI think it's a fairly easy way to implement such a feature. Once the EGC begins, if all survivors are within 32m of a powered gate then you can abandon freely. Because outside of very specific circumstances and builds, survivors have basically won in that moment for all intents and purposes, there's really no reason for all four survivors to stand around at an open gate for an extended period of time.
You shouldn't even include gate condition, because the time it is most problematic is when they are NOT in gates
I mean that's kind off what's going with abandoning as survivor, right? Survivors can abandon when they can't win anymore. I don't understand why survivors get the option to do that while killers don't.
That's kind of stretching its purpose, though. The abandon mechanic is there to prevent unnecessary extension of matches. It's not necessarily there to dip the instant you lose. It's the players who use it like that.
Mind, I don't like how the abandon mechanic was implemented for survivors either. I'm not against it existing, but I think it appears too quickly. As the final survivor, you can dip the instant you go down. If they can just dc freely from that point, why not just have them get EGC-killed? By extension, I have to wonder why y'all were so against the original finisher mori to begin with, since it effectively does the same thing. Hell, the original finisher mori is even better here, 'cause then the killer doesn't have to bother with finding hooking the bot either. Saves us all time, no?
It's why I'm in favour of adding a timer for the survivor abandon scenario. It prevents hostage situations, like it was designed to do, whilst also still allowing killers who just want to finish the game as normal, to do so.
It seems silly to me that after years of people saying that players should grow a thicker skin when you're being t-bagged or humped, now it's suddenly the deciding factor of whether the abandon mechanic should activate. What happened there?
And, more to the point, if that's the issue, why was the finisher mori such a bad idea?
Personally I do like the survivors abandon features, though I do think that if survivors leave like that it should be an automatic loss for the survivor and not a draw. I kinda wish they did it more like identity V where when every survivor is on the ground, the survivors can vote to abandon and if they do the match ends as a win for killer. Identity v's win and loss system works differently than dbd though. With identity v the suvivors either win or lose as a team. It works like this:
-2 survivors escape = draw for both sides.
-3 survivors escape = win for all survivors, loss for killer.
- 1 survivor escapes = win for killer, loss for all survivors.
I think this system works better than dbd's 4 1v1 system, but that's just my opinion.
I think giving the suvivors the option to leave when they've already lost is a good thing I think (as long as it counts as a loss mind you), but I also think Killers should have that same option.
I might be wrong, but as a killer player I feel like when the endgame collapse happens you will now whether you'll be able to get another kill or not. So I feel like giving the killer the option to end the game there is a good thing, because they'll be able to decide whether it's worth it or not.
The biggest thing for me is that I don't thik it should be an abandon feauture and instead it should be a surrender feauture. Where abandoning like that ends the entire match and gives the other side a win. But for that to work behaviour would need to change the win and lose conditions themselves.
Personally as killer it can be really annoying and demorilising when people just stay at the exit gate even if they've won and you aren't even enar the gate. I feel like it happens quite often where people will just wait for you to chase them out which I think is just stupid. It doesn't make me upset or antyhing, like it is just a game, but it is a bit frustrating sometimes. You also don't know why peopel teabag because there's no emotes int he game. It can eba friendly goodbye or a toxic player roastign you. you just don't know.
Also I think the finisher mori was an awfull idea that has only made it so people slug more to see it.
Mandy’s statement literally said “the killer can do a lot to force survivors out of the match”. That statement is incorrect if the survivors are hiding in random parts of the map, until the EGC is almost done.
That's the only actual relevant thing to the conversation, because it's the official BHVR response. There isn't anything complicated going on here.
When y'all are arguing over this proposed mechanic, how are you envisioning it working?
Because right now, if a killer abandons a match, the match ends right there and that would be my issue with the killer having the option to leave as soon as the gates are powered/opened/whatever.
There are countless reasons for a survivor to want to play out the end game. There are specific achievements, rift challenges, and even just bloodpoint incentives for specific actions during end game. Add on the fact that the game is designed for survivors to only even see the gates powered in about 40% of their matches, it would make things even more frustrating.
If the survivors all abandon right now, there are still bots and the match can continue as mostly normal. The killer can still get their daily ritual mori, hook in basement, etc challenge done in that scenario. Until we have bot killers (or allowing an endgame with just no killer), I don't think this would be a good option.
I always think this is a good idea, but the abandon for this case should only be available once all remaining survivors are in an open gate for ~20 seconds. That will let console survivors have some time to celebrate at the gate briefly since they don't usually have access to post-game chat. And in that case, the match is genuinely over, and if the killer still wants to go for a grab at the gate, they're free to try it.
I generally don't see much bm, but teabagging at the gates is a very common killer complaint, and I can imagine it's very irritating. The killer experience might be more positive that way and lead to a little less toxicity in the community :D
The killer would be replaced by a bot. And considering how bad the survivor bots are, it would be fine if the killer bots just walked around like an M1 killer, if BHVR didn't have enough time to make their M2 power work as a bot.
so why did survivors beg for knockout to be changed and the devs added an entirely new feature to the game instead of bringing exponential and unbreakable
so why didn't survivors just change their perks and adapt to the new meta? if survivors saw that killers were going for the 4 man slug they could've easily put unbreakable and/or exponential in order to counter this but instead they begged bhvr to nerf (completely change) knockout and add a brand new mechanic that allows survivors to dc for free
Flip that on its side. Survivors can just abandon as well. With 2v8 there are killer bots.
Then the most empathetic, genuine response I can give you is that you maybe need to consider if playing PVP games online is for you.
Because unfortunately, in every PVP game I've ever played there have been BM, toxic, and bully players. Tea bagging, emoting, taunting, and even toxic chat and voice is something that exists everywhere, and if it bothers you that badly you may just need to walk away.
Because in all of my experience in PVP online games these things have always existed, and that includes games where there is no disconnect penalty at all.
There is no mechanic that they can add that will fix that issue for you.
And in every PVP game I've ever played, the penalties for this have always been through game mechanics (barring extreme and reportable examples of things like chat messages). Bad actors getting farmed, spawn camped, or sometimes just their own team refusing to help them.
But if that genuinely bothers you and triggers an avoidance response, then online PVP may not be the best environment for your mental health and well being.
Normalize punishing toxic players.
i mean, you don't have to watch it. just wait till the collapse timer is over or force them out. this isn't that big of a problem.
We're circling a couple of steps back in the discussion.
You say Mandy's statement is incorrect, but you aren't quoting the line she is referring to:
How is 4 survivors bleeding out on the ground for a few minutes any different than survivors teabagging at a gate and not leaving for a few minutes?She is talking about a specific situation, not just the general scenario.
I don't know how she would respond to the idea of survivors hiding out, but the best argument is that the killer can still kill them. Like the killer doesn't have to just force them out, the killer can still accomplish his objective against that/those survivors.
The abandon mechanic exists for situations were the chance for a comeback is astronomically low and/or the game could be dragged on for a ridiculous length of time. All the survivors standing at the exact line to exit the gate meets condition 1, the chance of a killer getting a kill there is almost impossible. A survivor hiding doesn't meet either, the killer still has a chance of killing them.
I get that watching survivors teabag at the gate is annoying, and I’m not against ideas to make the exit gate less safe in order to discourage this behavior but abandoning the match the moment gates are powered isn’t a good solution. That would completely bypass the endgame collapse and cut the match short for everyone, even survivors who are still playing seriously or haven’t reached the gate yet.
There’s a big difference between asking for tools to handle BMand asking for the power to end the game early and force an end on the survivors who might not even be involved in it. There’s no killer bot, the match will just instantly end. There are challenges that require you to do certain things during the EGC as well, such as being the last to leave.
I feel a better solution might be making the Endgame Collapse timer go faster if survivors are inside the exit gate, that way, there’s a built-in system to discourage camping at the line without breaking the match flow for everyone else.
This response is neither empathetic nor genuine, it's another way to try and make yourself look better while you advocate for literal griefing. PvP games are for everyone, Bullying is wrong, and if you can't see that I can't help you.
I think this would be a fair, good compromise as long as Bot Killers exist.