31 Minute PS4 Solo Queue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md7D7dNPA9U
Of course I don't expect you to watch it, but if you can tell...I was lobby dodged twice. Two games I found the Ping was over 300.
How is this fun?
31 minute queue to potentially get moried, camped, tunneled.
How does the matchmaking team think this is acceptable.
This was at 2:30pm. Western Time. Los Angeles. Today.
Comments
Sucks when no killer wants to play with you anymore, guess now you realize that you cant play the game with your own
You can't use reactions on your own comments. I won't comment on the rest because I think it'd only make it worse.
I never asked you to comment.
So.....what?
It's an open forum, anyone can comment. I was trying to (politely) correct you so you wouldn't go around making false accusations in the future.
I honestly don't care whether you comment or not, I don't understand why you would assume I would care if you commented.
It's an open forum, sure but...do you have to announce when you're going to comment or when you'll be witholding?
@ReneAensland the lobbies have been an issue for 2 weeks. In 2 days we will find out if it is a player base issue not enough killers or a lobby bug. It sucks i'm dealing with it also sometimes they pop quick other times i feel like i'm in the entities realm. let's see if things improve during the event. Hopefully i will see you in the fog.
I wasn't "announcing"; I was explaining so as not to seem nitpicky. Take a chill pill.
Thank you for a producive response.
@ReneAensland Bud, a friendly reminder, you are being too aggressive to a user that did nothing wrong. It makes you look bad. It is an open forum, people can comment on whatever they want. If you don't like them or what they wrote, just ignore. He was really trying to correct and help you so that you don't make the same mistake in another thread. You should just drop it but you do you.
As for the queue times, I don't think it is a bug, in the last 2 weeks, many survivors on consoles came here and said that it was difficult to find lobbies. I haven't seen any killer coming here saying that they had problems with queue times. There seems to be a lack of killers and I don't know how the devs can fix this.
They should give incentives to play a role that is being less played, maybe more bloodpoints or shards. It wouldn't solve the problem but it would at least make it better.
Yes its a factual evidence that there are not enough killers on console and thus survivors experience high queue time.
What else can I say about this? Maybe be nice to the other side?
Oh and btw, try upvoting your own comment, you idiot
I'm a killer main.
And no, I'm not desperate for upvotes.
And I don't understand the high headed-ness, you were being a smartass.
yea on ps4 too takes forever as Survivor to get into match sometimes I get dodged sucks but if I play killer I get match right away I'm solo player.I think it got something to do with more people playing SWF making it harder for solo to find a game.
Well then just play killer if you are a killer main anyway.
Lots of survivors are waiting for you in the queue already, dont make them wait any longer
I'm in WNY
Game is janky asf on console. Doesn't retain players like pc. Needs to go free 2 play.
They just need to implement cross platform matchmaking
Why are you insulting them? Obviously they were joking why are you being so triggered?
There's not enough people playing killer, that's simple.
It's not a very attractive role to play due to the game's unbalance, so most people play survivor.
as someone said - it's not so fun. Even when you trying to get ALL fun frome game without ruining others fun - you will endedup with camping, tuneling, memento moris, HEX: RUIN and NOED, Hillbillys, nurses, through pallet or window hits and finaly - slugging
on other side
you get pallet looped, genrushed, DS (whitch i think is fair enough), toxic survivors (i get here only thouse who taunting killer instead of doing something), Unhooks when you not camping but didn't find anyone to chase, constat genrepairing when you chasing someone, beeing unable to caught and kill that annoing survivor that whole game were taunting you, but even if you down them - they had insta heal, DS, adrenaline and they still somehow escaped...
i don't maining any role - playing both sides...
i like this.
Then I started playing a lil survivor. And I would escape some, get camped some, get tunneled some, moris etc. And I was just like why would anyone want to play survivor if they knew they were just going to be someone's lil ######### for a few minutes. So it's a very hard game to balance and be appealing to both sides, and I think it's in the best place right now than when I first started.
So I still play alot of killer and I say prolly 75% of the time I play laid back. Dont camp let people get unhooked and healed. Yea that just backfires on me most the time. Gens get done to quick cause I'm not applying enough pressure. So then the teabagging starts and waiting at the exit gates just so you can watch them leave. But if you apply pressure and keep pressure then your just a bad killer and get bad mouthed. So the killer drought isn't from balance of the game, I think it's just the toxic community. People just say hey, I dont have to deal with this ######### and go on to something else. Survivors dont want to survive they want to bully. And if you are not a bully, if the shoe dont fit dont wear it.
Same here...I get burned out playing killer.
It's nice to elude the killer, run him around and etc.
What are you waiting to see / find out? like how do you get this information and knowing this how long do you think it'll be before its' remedied. I often have 30+ min lobby waits on Ps4
That's awful. =/
I concur fully. I just reset the lobby and usually get in faster than the 30 min wait I just had so I think it may be a lobby issue. Also I've found the more people I have in my group from solo, duo to full 4 man team also makes it longer...cest le vie
I am dead serious. When killers have insta queues and survivors have long queues, then the logical consequence is that there are not enough killers anymore. If you can explain that otherwise, Im curious
We don't know yet if it is a player base issue. I suspect it might be.
How do you suggest this? Until PS4 gets a massive ban wave(for Disconnects) because i suspect the same salty a-holes that message are the same that only play to torment, refuse to leave at the door, and find the hatch but feel the need to wait until you come see them before leaving.
So you're more like an ex-killer main. I don't blame you.
There are definitely things that the devs can and have to do about that issue (balance, bugs, toxicness). If they don't act, it will harm the game. The killer role needs to be made more attractive.
I Love being killer but being a survivor is a lot of fun.
During Rank Reset I go back to Rank 10 and it's fun playing Freddy, Clown and Wraith but right when I hit Ranks 7-1 it's Spirit, Spirit, Spirit until Rank 1 and it's such a burnout.
I can't imagine that the devs are not aware of this issue. If the reason for the queue time was a buggy matchmaking, don't you think they would have said something like "we know there's a bug, we are working on it" by now?
I guess you're right. I don't know about Ps4 queues, but XBOX 1 queues for survivor was cancerous. PC is different though but that's because there's more rank diversity with different players on each rank. On xbox, most good players stayed at rank 20 (killer and survivor alike) to bully the newer players. It's why escaping rank 20 on xbox is an achievement in itself.
First off, this argument is old. Stop shaming Claudette users. I carry a Syringe 60% of my matches.
Call it what you want, and let me just put this out there.
I'm a P2 Claudette.
I now know who Ochido is thanks to everyone celebrating his ban on Reddit.
Before that, I didn't know who tf was Ochido.
Wanna throw anything else my way that I haven't heard of already?
If it was buggy matchmaking, how is the killer side geting insta queues then?
You need both sides for a game, so.....
Do you play this game?
I'm a Killer main and I never remember anyone I do against.
Do you?
Honestly. Do. You?
I don't know how people can say there aren't enough killers, I was getting INSTANT lobbies as solo survivor about a month ago (before, during, and even for a bit after the event). You don't lose THAT many killers out of nowhere, it has to be the matchmaking changes slowing things down.
I doubt you'll ever see me.
I haven't found 1 person from the forum who's on my friends list.
Exactly. That's why I was asking hypothetically what would happen IF it was a bug...
I think DBD has been better with communication for the past 9 months but no i don't think they would. We constantly have bugs on all platforms that they don't talk about. Hell When the Legion chapter came out consoles on both Xbox and PS4 were locking up, becoming unresponsive, game crashes, blue screens and trying to overclock themselves to run the game. What did it take a week to lock the Ormond Map and a small patch.
It could be people took a break after the previous event. We had those awesome bloodwebs and double blood points. People may have played other stuff they got after xmas.
Its a lobby + matchmaking issue for sure
I do like that patches like today came out pretty fast.
=]
HOPEFULLY, I really hope lobbies pop quick for both sides during the event. It is going to be a grind for sure if you want all 9 pieces 4500 seems like a lot.
It has to be tbh .. I queue for ages with a 4 man group..nothing, we reset the lobby and queue pops straight away. makes no sense, I do find it faster to get in as a solo, then a duo, then three of us and takes forever to find a match with 4 man...do they fill lobbies by plonking in solos, then duos etc? It be good to have this kind of information to hand