Lmao, it's funny xD killers when see a swf dodge.. and if they got rekt by a solo/swf survivor's they just come and cry to the forum.. And survivors just play in swf with crutche's things..
I mean that's with all games and communities. That being said there's also a certain amount of mutual respect that one has to give to improve the game. I mean, I ######### hate Freddy and Leatherface but I still don't want them to be trash.
Lmao, it's funny xD killers when see a swf dodge.. and if they got rekt by a solo/swf survivor's they just come and cry to the forum.. And survivors just play in swf with crutche's things..
Lmao, it's funny xD killers when see a swf dodge.. and if they got rekt by a solo/swf survivor's they just come and cry to the forum.. And survivors just play in swf with crutche's things..
@AshleyWB said:
But I main both killer and survivor.
That's good, I'm just making fun of those who complain that survivor or killer is too weak or too overpowered even though it's an asymetrical game XD
When a game is asymmetrical, it still has to be balanced. Asymmetrical means that 1 surv is weaker than 1 killer. Balanced means that 4 survivors should be as powerful as 1 killer.
A lot of people mix that up and believe this game can't be balanced since it's asymmetrical.
These types of games are the hardest to achieve balance in while also giving choises and some variety. To be fair I don’t think they have done all that bad, but 100% of people aren’t gonna be happy, because balance means taking from one and giving to the other, or at least the illusion of that, I’d say they achieve this pretty well considering the amount of crying over said illusion of balance
@AshleyWB said:
But I main both killer and survivor.
That's good, I'm just making fun of those who complain that survivor or killer is too weak or too overpowered even though it's an asymetrical game XD
When a game is asymmetrical, it still has to be balanced. Asymmetrical means that 1 surv is weaker than 1 killer. Balanced means that 4 survivors should be as powerful as 1 killer.
A lot of people mix that up and believe this game can't be balanced since it's asymmetrical.
asymmetrical games mean that one side has a different objective than the other...
What people really want is a very deep and sophisticated mastery cap, meaning that if they get owned, they know that there is a route to learning and to overcome that frustration.
When they know they can no longer overcome certain frustrations and challenges, that is typically where the valid complaining starts.
(excluding complaining from youngsters, because it's second nature to them.)
@NoShinyPony said:
When a game is asymmetrical, it still has to be balanced. Asymmetrical means that 1 surv is weaker than 1 killer. Balanced means that 4 survivors should be as powerful as 1 killer.
A lot of people mix that up and believe this game can't be balanced since it's asymmetrical.
So you are saying that the killer is stronger then 4 survivors that know how to team-play? The key word here is "team-play" if you want to solo the entire operation and get owned it's your mistake not the killers'.
What has that to do with what I wrote?
Ideally, the killer would be as powerful as 4 survivors but that's not the current state of the game.
@AshleyWB said:
But I main both killer and survivor.
That's good, I'm just making fun of those who complain that survivor or killer is too weak or too overpowered even though it's an asymetrical game XD
When a game is asymmetrical, it still has to be balanced. Asymmetrical means that 1 surv is weaker than 1 killer. Balanced means that 4 survivors should be as powerful as 1 killer.
A lot of people mix that up and believe this game can't be balanced since it's asymmetrical.
asymmetrical games mean that one side has a different objective than the other...
No, asymetrical actually means that the different opponents team have different size. i.e. 1vs4
In overwatch one team has to push the payload while the other has to defend it, yet its not assymetrical
@AshleyWB said:
But I main both killer and survivor.
That's good, I'm just making fun of those who complain that survivor or killer is too weak or too overpowered even though it's an asymetrical game XD
When a game is asymmetrical, it still has to be balanced. Asymmetrical means that 1 surv is weaker than 1 killer. Balanced means that 4 survivors should be as powerful as 1 killer.
A lot of people mix that up and believe this game can't be balanced since it's asymmetrical.
asymmetrical games mean that one side has a different objective than the other...
No, asymetrical actually means that the different opponents team have different size. i.e. 1vs4
In overwatch one team has to push the payload while the other has to defend it, yet its not assymetrical
Assymetic or however you spell it seem like it means not symmetrical which is true in the fact that dbd is 4v1. Balance is a completely different aspect and doesn't relate to these types of games in particular.
I play both sides, it's quite apparent that generally and across the spectrum of average play, the game is definitely sided towards survivors. Between SWF and perks/add-ons that literally give survivors another chance to survive v 1 killer can instantly kill you (once a timely precondition is met) kinda proves it.
In almost any asymmetrical games that are out there, they will always have one problem, and that's the community, asking for things that make the game unbalanced, why?
You have people who either equally play one side and then the other side (I.e in this case, survivor and killer) those people are the ones who can see the perspective on both sides and see problems.
Then you have players who tend to play more on one side than the other (I.e they play survivor more or killer more) they kind of see the perspectives on both side but most of the time they only care about their side and their problems on the side they play the most.
Then you have players who solely main one side (I.e either survivor or killer) these are the players that only care about their issue, their problems, and only see the perspectives on their side and want things that give them an advantage.
The problem here is, if devs take any ideas from players who solely play on one side and not the other, that could cause disruption and unbalancing in the game, as well with the community.
As funny as it is, it's not accurate. A lot of people simply don't play both sides enough to have an actual understanding of the games balance. It's a lack of experience, not wanting their side stronger.
Lmao, it's funny xD killers when see a swf dodge.. and if they got rekt by a solo/swf survivor's they just come and cry to the forum.. And survivors just play in swf with crutche's things..
Lmao, it's funny xD killers when see a swf dodge.. and if they got rekt by a solo/swf survivor's they just come and cry to the forum.. And survivors just play in swf with crutche's things..
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Killers always want to kill all survivors to regard as win.
That's good, I'm just making fun of those who complain that survivor or killer is too weak or too overpowered even though it's an asymetrical game XD
Lmao, it's funny xD killers when see a swf dodge.. and if they got rekt by a solo/swf survivor's they just come and cry to the forum.. And survivors just play in swf with crutche's things..
I mean that's with all games and communities. That being said there's also a certain amount of mutual respect that one has to give to improve the game. I mean, I ######### hate Freddy and Leatherface but I still don't want them to be trash.
for u
for u

When a game is asymmetrical, it still has to be balanced. Asymmetrical means that 1 surv is weaker than 1 killer. Balanced means that 4 survivors should be as powerful as 1 killer.
A lot of people mix that up and believe this game can't be balanced since it's asymmetrical.
No no that's ignorant.
To be fair I don’t think they have done all that bad, but 100% of people aren’t gonna be happy, because balance means taking from one and giving to the other, or at least the illusion of that, I’d say they achieve this pretty well considering the amount of crying over said illusion of balance
asymmetrical games mean that one side has a different objective than the other...
The meme is funny, but it's untrue.
What people really want is a very deep and sophisticated mastery cap, meaning that if they get owned, they know that there is a route to learning and to overcome that frustration.
When they know they can no longer overcome certain frustrations and challenges, that is typically where the valid complaining starts.
(excluding complaining from youngsters, because it's second nature to them.)
What has that to do with what I wrote?
Ideally, the killer would be as powerful as 4 survivors but that's not the current state of the game.
I don't think you really get it
No, asymetrical actually means that the different opponents team have different size. i.e. 1vs4
In overwatch one team has to push the payload while the other has to defend it, yet its not assymetrical
oh, oops, I had a feeling
You have people who either equally play one side and then the other side (I.e in this case, survivor and killer) those people are the ones who can see the perspective on both sides and see problems.
Then you have players who tend to play more on one side than the other (I.e they play survivor more or killer more) they kind of see the perspectives on both side but most of the time they only care about their side and their problems on the side they play the most.
Then you have players who solely main one side (I.e either survivor or killer) these are the players that only care about their issue, their problems, and only see the perspectives on their side and want things that give them an advantage.
The problem here is, if devs take any ideas from players who solely play on one side and not the other, that could cause disruption and unbalancing in the game, as well with the community.
As funny as it is, it's not accurate. A lot of people simply don't play both sides enough to have an actual understanding of the games balance. It's a lack of experience, not wanting their side stronger.
I agree!
I think hitboxes need more of a fixing, especially hatchet hitboxes
Dont worry, they are gonna get fixed when dedicated servers come out