Why dedicated servers is our last hope
https://youtu.be/5Vy8iRjoUfwIf you have watched montos latest video people are rage quitting and dodging immensely which is my last hope that when dedicated servers come there will be actual punishment for rage quitting and ruining the fun for both survivors and killers also what kind of punishment do you think they deserve
Comments
Ban
Against a nurse i dont dc because in dont want a ban ofc but i let me die on the hook as fast possible for move into the next game.
I understand the Nurse is OP, but dcing is poor sportsmanship. Imagine if killers dced against every SWF team? It should not be up to the players to risk bans to avoid game breaking stuff but on the devs to rework or nerf OP things.
Anything that a dedicated server would fix wouldn't even make it into my top 10 biggest issues in DBD. Dedicated servers is nice I guess though.
Nothing about a dedicated server has anything to do with that whatsoever
Nurse isn't OP
Everyone saying nurse is op have probably gone down to her in 5 seconds. The key to avoiding her in a chase is simply break LOS. Put objects in between you and her, and you have to get into the mind of the player who is controlling the killer. Are they going to double-back? Or are they going to stay in their original position? You don't know, but if you can be able to understand and predict her movement and where she might go, then you will be fine.
Tbf, she is overpowered as #########. But if you break LOS and use iron will to hide somewhere decently far, you'd be surprised at how easily you can lose her. That said though, against a god tier Nurse you will not have a chance.
Killer doesn't host game = short queues?
Why?
I can't follow your logic.
If there are not enough killers around, no amount of servers will fix that.
You have to pay more attention to her tho. How much did she charge her teleport for example. Getting closer in the right moment can save you.
Only for people who live near a server.
Do you think, BHVR can affort servers all around the world?
Well why would dedicated server change the way how DCing is punished?
Also dedicated servers will introduce a lot of other issues, I wonder how 360ing will turn out
It's your last hope.
I can live with DCers. (Though i certainly don't tolerate it's current frequency.)
Dodging is not the same as DCing. Dodging prevents a trial from starting right away. DCing screws over the 4 other people in the trial while the trial is still going on.
I fear many don't understand what dedicated servers are going to do to the killer community. Right now, we host games and the game is based on our internet speed. So we may notice a few people "skipping" about due to lag, but the survivors are being yanked all over the field. When dedicated servers kick in, that won't work anymore. We will suffer our own lag, but the survivors won't as long as their connection is good.
I played 2 survivor games with my wife last night. The Trapper (I love facing my own killer!) was on a really bad net speed. I ran from the gas station to the bus, then got yanked back to the gas station where I was right next to the killer. #########! Then I start working a gen and BAM, I'm back by the killer shack where I left from 10 seconds ago. It was impossible to try to loop this killer due to lag. I kept getting yanked all over. He was a good player, but his lag made the game impossible. We talked afterwards (in a polite conversation, no toxicity) and he stated that his internet is not very good. This guy is going to HATE dedicated servers. His lag will be too bad to even consider playing killer.
Keep that in mind people. Get your net speeds worked out before dedicated servers. It will no longer work in your favor, it will be paralyzing as killers.
Just imagine how its gonna be when you cant hit a 360ing survivor in real-time on your own "server machine" anymore, but instead you have to deal with latency. (this will be noticeable even with perfect internet)
I dont even wanna think about what its going to do to huntress.....
How about we buff all killers to the Hillbillys lvl and then nerf the Nurse? :0
This is incorrect, it's based on the people available to match you. Whether dedicated servers or not you havn't increased the pool of players. You will still be waiting just as long.
By that logic Killers choosing to lobby dodge SWF or disconnecting after that second/third DS or (insert other Forum complaint) is perfectly fine too.
There are better ways of communicating frustration or opinions than purposely ruining someones experience by participating in such behavior, and this "eye for an eye" mentality is why this community is so widely viewed as toxic.
Not necessarily. It will provide tbd server quality which may or may not offer better internet. I have gigabit internet. Just about everyone connecting to me has sub 75 ping. I'm now going to be forced to connect to people through servers god knows where.
As for DC, it needs punishing. It's completely undesirable to everyone that plays, other than the minority of players that do it.
And it would help with server times because every time a game with a killer leaving happens in lobby, you dont need to requeue and wait another 20 mins. It would potentially allow you to wait for just a new killer. Also, dedicated servers would probably come with their refined matchmaking algorithm.
Either way. How would having DEDICATED servers not be better or at the very least, more reliable than p2p based on killer, who only makes up 20% of a lobby. It wouldnt make it worse. And you know it.
But it wont affect people who dont even play the game.
Ntm you can out loop a t3 myers....
Survivors always talk about mindgames. Well here you can apply them.
Servers can have downtimes, be far away from your location or something else that won't let you play.
Those things don't apply to p2p.