Why cheating is so popular in Chinese?
Every time, when the killer is chinese, almost 90% will use cheating program. For example, the ping would suddenly rise to very high.
Every time, when the killer is chinese, almost 90% will use cheating program. For example, the ping would suddenly rise to very high.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
First, I would like to know how sure you are that they are Chinese or you just get a killer with name that is all blocks and assumed that they are Chinese? As a Chinese myself (that are not from China before anyone get some weird, wrong idea from me saying that) that are playing in Asia region, I usually get killers from Thailand, Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan and sometime Australia and Russia. I don't really encounter that much "cheating program" as you described, Chinese or not.
If you really encounter a Chinese killer from mainland, as far as I know, their ping will not be stable because they often playing with VPN or something. I'm not sure why they do that, but considering Mainland strict policy on internet, I won't be surprise if there is some dumb strict policy that force them to use VPN.
Have you considered the fact that their ping is high, because they are located on the other continent?
Before the matched started, the ping was low.
Before the match started, the ping was so stable.
But when the game started, i could not even walk normally. Always backward.
That is what VPN do from what I know.
It masked your real ping and give you a ping that depended on where the user connected.
At this point, the ping is what you get when you connect to VPN only.
When the match started, the real ping will take effect as now the match is connected to the VPN and then back to user.
Don't take my words for it, I'm no IT expert. Hopefully someone can verify what I say.
Also, you not yet answer me how you are so sure they are Chinese.
I checked their steam account and show their nationality.
So, they use vpn to cheat.
It is not exactly cheating as I believe they have to use VPN due to some stupid "no violent, no porn" kind of policy in China, but whatever....
They're laggy because they're 7 thousand miles away from you.
Most likely because you can look at their profile and name.
To the OP: it's a cultural thing. Cheating, lying is much more accepted in Chinese culture, as long as it does not harm way your family or other group you're part of.
I've played against killers in china before and even watched their streams and quite a few have better internet than some people in the US.
No offense, but that's kind of a low bar. The US has what is probably the worst Internet in the developed world.
it's part of their culture, chinese people see using any way to get an advantage as fine
it's also the reason why they like pay 2 win mechanics
While true there's some places with really good internet and I'm close to Silicon valley but if you really want good internet Nasa's Ames research center is the place to be lol.
as an Australian i can tell you that that statement is incorrect
That's why I said "probably".
Are you near the major cities or more outside that since that doesn't help if outside one like in the inner parts at least.
i've reread this about 6 times and i still can't understand what this says im sorry
Actually, Chinese are facing a lot of cheating in real life. Their government can do whatever they want. They can arrest 2 Canadians and charge them.
Under this environment, How can they follow the rules and be honest like civilized people?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games#China
DBD was not banned.
It seems that they just using VPN to take advantage.
I have played with Japanese, Taiwanese, Singaporean, Malaysians, etc. Only Chinese host will become high ping after the game start. Only Chinese host will suddenly disconnect. And most important, every time i click their steam account to take a look, Banned record was shown or just only had 1 game.
^This. This isn't universal, obviously, but it's due to the emphasis on results (winning games, passing exams, etc.) over everything else (playing fair, learning, etc.).
I think it depend on the plan. When you paid more, you will have better internet service.
Maybe you can try 100 Mbps plan or higher. Even 1000Mbps is affordable nowadays.
Sigh....
Worst thing about playing asian or russian killers is that their ping is very stable in lobby. But oh boy when the game starts the ping goes from stable 50 to spiking 50-600.
I cant understand how they do that and only thing I can do is to block the ping and leave.
US and Aus pings are both high in the lobby so I can leave before the match starts.
I'm not saying this is the case, but some Killers have said that their ping spikes after the round starts due to their computer having poor specs. The ping in a lobby is not always a good indicator of the ping you'll experience during the actual trial, because the Killer's computer will be under additional strain during the trial.
That's possible. But there are cases when you for example have a stable green ping in the lobby and during the entire game everything is lagging except the killer, who seems to have zero problems. A killer with lowspec pc would have at least some fps issues similar to console which makes it harder for them as well. And by my experience (Germany) a connection with a killer from east europe can already have occasional big lagspikes.
It must really be something with the connection, which get's wonky. Maybe an unstable WLAN or something like that.
because hacking is fun
I used to hack another games and you can laugh a lot trolling people and if you are unskilled noob, then you have advantage over the others. Sometimes hackers hack when they are bored of one game and need new experiences
australian internet is some of the worst in the world, 1000Mbps is a pipe dream and even 100Mbps is difficult to get
Buddy, the US Internet is the best compared to brazilian Internet. Brazilian Internet is the true meaning of absolute garbage.
Speed has nothing to do with reliability and ping. Unless you have the worst internet imaginable (dial-up/52kbit/s/something like that), it will not affect your own and other people's ping (if you are the host). I had 2.5mbit/s and could play online without issues, as well as host matches in other games. No matter if you have 2.5mbit/s, 20mbit/s or 100mbit/s, if you download something and bottleneck your own connection your ping will start to go all over the place and you and others will lag in DbD because of that. Even 300mbit/s isn't enough to have a lag free experience if you are downloading something in the background and it takes up all your bandwidth. If 100% of your bandwidth is being used, your ping will eventually suffer.
Is Brazil considered a developed country? I must admit I'm a little fuzzy on the exact definition of the term, but with the civil unrest and all the social problems, I didn't think it'd fit.
I don't even know if Brazil can be considered a country. Here in this land, crazy ######### happens.
Seriously though, Brazil is a third world country, it is a sub-developed country, and we have the worst government ever. So yeah It doesn't fit, sorry.
Up or downs dont matter. When it comes to gaming, then the only thing that matters is latency
He wouldn't lag, but they would have fps issues, which makes it harder to deal with survivor movements, especially laggy ones etc.
@JohnTed said:
Honestly, that list is not completed and you based your opinion on that list, a wiki list...
I just couldn't get behind some of the things people said here, don't speak of culture that you do not understand and spread it like a fact.
i know that, i was just telling him that's not how it is over here
What I said of Chinese culture is what the Chinese people say of Chinese culture. See, for example, parents rioting about anti-cheat measures during school exams, who are quoted as saying that "there's no fairness if they (students) can't cheat". If I'm spreading misinformation, it's only because they misinformed me in the first place.
There is a logic which is dubbed as Chinese logic. If you were not XXX, you can't blame on XXX.
e.g. If you were not professional football player, you can't blame on their skills.
I can't understand chinese. Their mind is so chaos. One the one hand, they hate US government. On the other hand, a lot of Chinese immigrate to USA and than hate USA and support PRC. They are just good at cheating, stealing, taking advantage in faults, lying, and exam.